The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1259, 1260, 1261 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
How is this guy playing elite defense at the age of 34 when he was average on that end last year? This guy is not human.

He only looked bad last year because the team was bad overall. Then people saw a few highlights on social media where he missed assignments, with Kuz pushing him and just blew it up even more. Early in the season before he got hurt he played some decent defense. Not in the level this year but still pretty decent. But this year also helps that you have AD, Howard, Green, and Bradley who allows Lebron to roam more and not really worry about his team mates blowing assignments.

And the year before??

Another bad defensive team and mixed in with cruising half of the season.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
How is this guy playing elite defense at the age of 34 when he was average on that end last year? This guy is not human.

He only looked bad last year because the team was bad overall. Then people saw a few highlights on social media where he missed assignments, with Kuz pushing him and just blew it up even more. Early in the season before he got hurt he played some decent defense. Not in the level this year but still pretty decent. But this year also helps that you have AD, Howard, Green, and Bradley who allows Lebron to roam more and not really worry about his team mates blowing assignments.

And the year before??

Uh-huh... never the “Goat’s” responsibility. Always something else.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And the year before??

Dude I just blamed him for cruising half of the season.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

Last edited by miggz23 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:33 am; edited 2 times in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

Last edited by miggz23 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

... Sorry not sure why it did a multiple post there...
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And the year before??

Dude I just blamed him for cruising half of the season.

Fair enough
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject: THE King Nuff Said

Hate Hate Hate! Hate Hate Hate! The man was playing well last season and we were in 3rd or 4th until he got hurt. He came back noticed that it wasn’t worth the effort (chance of hurting himself further) of getting us back up the standings (we dropped like a rock while he was gone) since he was surrounded by a bunch of scrubs. With dudes like Lonzo he knew that he’d have to work his body to the ground just trying to get them to the playoffs. If he had done that I bet you this season he’d be all beat up and we’d have no chance at a ring. If haters think they can do better than the King go try and do what he’s done in his career...Some of ya’ll probably can’t even run to the other side of a court without having a heart attack.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: THE King Nuff Said

BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
Hate Hate Hate! Hate Hate Hate! The man was playing well last season and we were in 3rd or 4th until he got hurt. He came back noticed that it wasn’t worth the effort (chance of hurting himself further) of getting us back up the standings (we dropped like a rock while he was gone) since he was surrounded by a bunch of scrubs. With dudes like Lonzo he knew that he’d have to work his body to the ground just trying to get them to the playoffs. If he had done that I bet you this season he’d be all beat up and we’d have no chance at a ring. If haters think they can do better than the King go try and do what he’s done in his career...Some of ya’ll probably can’t even run to the other side of a court without having a heart attack.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
Lebron needed that extended off season to get his body in good shape again. Don't see how anyone could be upset that Lebron didn't take the Lakers to the playoffs when the advantages this year have been so very clear

They call him the Goat. Last season’s effort is inexcusable. Fans have got to stop bending over backward to defend him in this instance.

This year, he’s bringing it. Kudos to him for that.

We're after rings, not meaningless playoff runs.

Last years team was never going to compete. From the start of the year people were saying it was an "audition year"

Nope. Goats don’t roll with that mindset. Get in the playoffs and roll the dice.

Jordan walked waway from the game in his prime. I still think MJ is the greatest player ever with everything considered. But he did walk away from the game in the middle of his prime.

Then Kobe>Jordan too. Problem solved

What part of KEEP YOUR ANTI-LEBRON PRO-KOBE AGENDA OUT OF THE LBJ THREAD DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? Take a week off to think about it.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

Dang lol
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
How LeBRON can pass Kareem for #1 all time scorer: https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/lebron-james-kareem-abdul-jabbar-lakers-nba-scoring-record/

I absolutely think it will happen.

Not gonna lie. I'd rather it didn't happen, but if it does happen in the context of us winning a chip or two before he leaves, more power to him.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

They call him the Goat. Last season’s effort is inexcusable. Fans have got to stop bending over backward to defend him in this instance.

His effort was there before the groin injury. Had an unbalanced team in playoff position when he went down on Xmas. Old guy didn't recover well from that injury and didn't look the same when he came back later that season.

I didn’t see this type of D from him, even early last year.
I could be remembering incorrectly, though

His effort was there pre-injury, but he wasn't as effective because he didn't have nearly as good a defensive team as he has this year and also had to carry a bigger burden on offense. Regardless, we were still in good position until the groin tear.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
I wonder Where all you "Laker" Fans will Rank him if We don't win this year and AD walks. Then after next season Lebron Retires leaving us without any star players and without any picks. Those that are worshiping him now will turn Sour.

I wonder where all you "Lakers" fans will Rank him if We do win this year and AD stays. Then after next season Lebron remains a top 5 MVP player and takes a paycut and attracts another star player. Those that are souring on him now will worship him.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
Lebron needed that extended off season to get his body in good shape again. Don't see how anyone could be upset that Lebron didn't take the Lakers to the playoffs when the advantages this year have been so very clear

We're after rings, not meaningless playoff runs.

Last years team was never going to compete. From the start of the year people were saying it was an "audition year"

Nope. Goats don’t roll with that mindset. Get in the playoffs and roll the dice.

Jordan walked waway from the game in his prime. I still think MJ is the greatest player ever with everything considered. But he did walk away from the game in the middle of his prime.

Then Kobe>Jordan too. Problem solved

What part of KEEP YOUR ANTI-LEBRON PRO-KOBE AGENDA OUT OF THE LBJ THREAD DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? Take a week off to think about it.

Jordan is the greatest for sure but it’s tough arguing Kobe is better than LeBron. I think they are pretty equal. LeBron never had a Shaq caliper talent next to him. LeBron took that one Cavs team to the finals that even with Kobe, minus LeBron, wouldn’t have won 20 games. Hard to dispute that and I love Kobe. Yes, DWade and Irving were good but Shaq was great. Can you image of LeBron had a young Shaq?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Jordan is the greatest for sure but it’s tough arguing Kobe is better than LeBron. I think they are pretty equal. LeBron never had a Shaq caliper talent next to him. LeBron took that one Cavs team to the finals that even with Kobe, minus LeBron, wouldn’t have won 20 games. Hard to dispute that and I love Kobe. Yes, DWade and Irving were good but Shaq was great. Can you image of LeBron had a young Shaq?

Lol can we stop mentioning Kobe on this thread already?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

WE MADE A THREAD FOR IT. GO THERE.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
WE MADE A THREAD FOR IT. GO THERE.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=188620&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1325
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And the year before??

\

Lol this. I watched probably 70+ games last year. I didnt base my opinion of Kuzma pushing LeBron but LeBron was embarrassing on defense last year.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

LeBron pick n roll passes/alley ups been on point this season... AD, Dwight, Javale all have highlights wide open dunks
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

Why are we talking about last year again? It was a train wreck.

This year it's not.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Why are we talking about last year again? It was a train wreck.

This year it's not.

Man, been staying up for these west coast games... remind me of my age in the morning at work lol
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Im surprised LeBron never gets this surprise drug test. This isnt meant to bash him because frankly I believe a majority of NBA athletes are on something. But its funny to me that Danny Green gets drug tested after a dunk, Caruso etc. But LeBron is posterizing guys and looking 5 years younger all of a sudden and no one bats an eye. Last season he was looking old even before the groin injury.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Im surprised LeBron never gets this surprise drug test. This isnt meant to bash him because frankly I believe a majority of NBA athletes are on something. But its funny to me that Danny Green gets drug tested after a dunk, Caruso etc. But LeBron is posterizing guys and looking 5 years younger all of a sudden and no one bats an eye. Last season he was looking old even before the groin injury.

How do you know he don't get randomly tested? Is there a report out there that showing who got tested and when the last time?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

The NBA would never have its marquee guys suspended for a year for PEDs. Imagine if Kobe, Wade, LBJ, etc. were suspended.

But of course, the lesser named guys, have at it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1259, 1260, 1261 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1260 of 2082
Jump to: