The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1260, 1261, 1262 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Im surprised LeBron never gets this surprise drug test. This isnt meant to bash him because frankly I believe a majority of NBA athletes are on something. But its funny to me that Danny Green gets drug tested after a dunk, Caruso etc. But LeBron is posterizing guys and looking 5 years younger all of a sudden and no one bats an eye. Last season he was looking old even before the groin injury.

Yeah, I'm admittedly a Bron fanboy, but I do wonder sometimes how he's performing at the level he is currently. I felt like he looked pretty old against the Clips, then something really kicked in.

I hope it's only legal interventions. That's what I'm going with until shown otherwise, he's clearly a monstrous combination of talent and work ethic.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject:

And even if it is not legal, the NBA will never make it public. A lot of money in the game.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

LeBron James passing to Anthony Davis more than any previous teammate

Quote:

James has made 68.3 passes per game, the third-most in the NBA behind only Luka Doncic (70.6) and Ben Simmons (69.6) thus far. It’s significantly more passes than any of his other seasons since the statistics were made publicly available in 2013-14.

According to the available tracking data, 23.4 percent of his passes have been to Davis. James has averaged 2.5 assists per game to Davis, establishing a far better rhythm than any he has ever had with a big man.

Brian Windhorst recently wrote about the immediate chemistry that the two stars have displayed (via ESPN):

“Through their first nine games, James had assisted Davis on 26 baskets, 10 more than any other teammate, per ESPN Stats & Information research. Compare that to his first nine games with [Chris] Bosh, when it was 17 assists, and his first nine with [Kevin] Love, which produced only 11. Their pick-and-rolls have resulted in the highlight dunks that fans love and a schematic nightmare for opposing coaches. And even though they sometimes are caught a little out of position, there’s a natural flow that’s easy to see.”

Now after more than a dozen regular-season games together, the tracking data indicates that James has targeted Davis more often than any of his other teammates since 2013-14.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/11/18/lebron-james-anthony-davis-los-angeles-lakers-news-point-guard-assist-leader/
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

Do you think we've had a relatively easy schedule thus far? December promises to be a tougher month.

The narrative about LAbron, Vogel, & Company may change thru/after December. Stay tuned. Just sayin'

poppies wrote:

Yeah, I'm admittedly a Bron fanboy, but I do wonder sometimes how he's performing at the level he is currently. I felt like he looked pretty old against the Clips, then something really kicked in.

I hope it's only legal interventions. That's what I'm going with until shown otherwise, he's clearly a monstrous combination of talent and work ethic.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

I am sure the Lakers will not win 90% of their games like they have so far. There will be a 5-5 stretch or something like that, and the pitch forks will be out for LBJ, Vogel, Rob, Jeanie etc.

It is what it is, but the team has shown it has elite ability to defend and can score with high octane offense teams like the Suns. You can not have a great regular season start through finish. There will be some rough patches. Important to see some development in our sets and execution on offense. That is how I will judge Vogel at that time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
Do you think we've had a relatively easy schedule thus far? December promises to be a tougher month.

The narrative about LAbron, Vogel, & Company may change thru/after December. Stay tuned. Just sayin'

poppies wrote:

Lakers had the 6th hardest schedule when I checked 5 days ago so far to date.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

poppies wrote:

yep: http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

poppies wrote:

Strength of schedule doesn’t have much value until we get 35-40 games in and trends are established.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

We have a pretty tough December.

We play:

Clippers, @Bucks, Rockets, Mavericks (x2), Nuggets (x2), Jazz, Trailblazers (x2), Timberwolves, & @Heat.

If we have a rough patch in 2019, it's coming in December.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/1196864128717131776
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

They have been saying that Lebron has been declining since 2011 and would soon be washed up after that ...yet 8 years later he is still the best player in the NBA. Even his athleticism has aged remarkably well thanks to his diet, lack of injury, and training.

If this team can pull of a few titles in the next few years his career would follow a very similar path to Tom Brady's career, especially his longevity (with the exception being Lebron came in with extreme hype and Tom was the opposite). Tom was stuck at 3 for a while also and people assumed he was done winning rings because of his age.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
They have been saying that Lebron has been declining since 2011 and would soon be washed up after that ...yet 8 years later he is still the best player in the NBA. Even his athleticism has aged remarkably well thanks to his diet, lack of injury, and training.

If this team can pull of a few titles in the next few years his career would follow a very similar path to Tom Brady's career, especially his longevity (with the exception being Lebron came in with extreme hype and Tom was the opposite). Tom was stuck at 3 for a while also and people assumed he was done winning rings because of his age.

People were saying LeBron was declining at 26 years old? I don't remember that...
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
secund2nun wrote:

People were saying LeBron was declining at 26 years old? I don't remember that...

Well in 2011 people were saying that Lebron's athleticism was rapidly declining and that within a few years he would be done once his athleticism declined, as if he was some athleticism dependent player with no skills or size. That was the general consensus among many fans at the time, especially his haters. Now they all pretend that they never said that.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
manlisten wrote:
secund2nun wrote:

Well in 2011 people were saying that Lebron's athleticism was rapidly declining and that within a few years he would be done once his athleticism declined, as if he was some athleticism dependent player with no skills or size. That was the general consensus among many fans at the time, especially his haters. Now they all pretend that they never said that.

I wouldn't say that was the general consensus.

I do remember a small group of people predicting/hoping his athleticism and game would decline by the time he turned 30.

There just seem like generic hoping he would fail, but it wasn't widespread
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
secund2nun wrote:
manlisten wrote:
secund2nun wrote:

I wouldn't say that was the general consensus.

I do remember a small group of people predicting/hoping his athleticism and game would decline by the time he turned 30.

There just seem like generic hoping he would fail, but it wasn't widespread

Yeah I’d say when it comes to the wildly divisive athletes in any given sport, “predictions” are a lot of times based on personal biases. I’m sure if you do some digging on those “predicting” Lebron to be on the decline sooner rather than later you’d find they have some strong opinions on him otherwise.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James Proving He Still Has Plenty Left In The Tank During 2019-20 Lakers Season

https://www.lakersnation.com/lebron-james-proving-he-still-has-plenty-left-in-the-tank-during-2019-20-lakers-season/2019/11/19/
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

he's starting to active his steals ability..didn't even know he had it or still had it
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

First player in NBA history to have a triple double against all 30 teams over the course of his career. Remarkable.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
First player in NBA history to have a triple double against all 30 teams over the course of his career. Remarkable.
AMAZING!!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

He got called for 2 fouls going for steals that looked clean to me

Pretty good game. Those turnovers and free throws tho
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Crazy he was drafted in 2003.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Crazy he was drafted in 2003.

Until tonight when Carmelo suited up for Portland, the only other player from his draft class still in the league was Kyle Korver. His draft class includes a current head coach and a player who has already had his jersey retired.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I love that he's a Laker!!!!
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

poppies wrote:

Strength of schedule doesn’t have much value until we get 35-40 games in and trends are established.

Didn't you just say they have a tough schedule upcoming on another thread? Which one is it?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
We have a pretty tough December.

We play:

Clippers, @Bucks, Rockets, Mavericks (x2), Nuggets (x2), Jazz, Trailblazers (x2), Timberwolves, & @Heat.

If we have a rough patch in 2019, it's coming in December.

Clippers ?
@Bucks ?
Rockets ?
Mavs W, L
Nuggets W, L
Jazz W
Blazers Wx2
@Heat W

So 6-2 without Bucks, Rockets, and Clippers, and if we lose all those 6-5. But imo this is a better basketball team than the Rockets. Bucks have the continuity advantage but I think AD can make Giannis' life harder.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1260, 1261, 1262 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1261 of 2082
Jump to: