The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1282, 1283, 1284 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
How Bron got his quick twitch back

oh wow. great vid. I'm a doctor but we never studied this physiology this in depth. good stuff
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
as a laker fan lebron dancing didnt seem like a big deal to me but tbh if somebody did that while blowing us out at staples id be big mad!! i think its a thin line in the sport when it comes to pride and losing. always has been a sensitive topic in terms of winning with class. this is something that should prolly be avoided tbh!!

Incentive for the team not to get blown out at Staples

Also ... LMAO Lebron chucked his warm up shirt at a Jazz player to deal with

https://imgur.com/a/BCyZ9zh#8iQLjd2

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/e6tgj5/team_chemistry_is_everythingcheck_these_guys_out/

That was Jeff Green, which is Bron's old team mate and good friends with.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject:

happy it was in Utah.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
You guys are hilarious.

The LeBron antics on the sideline are the kind of thing all of you would've called out and been pissed off about if he was on any team other than the Lakers.

But none of this is surprising to anyone who's followed LeBron's career.

He has a history of such sideline antics. It's almost as if he can't go 2 seconds without the focus being on him. So instead of the talk being about how the much defensively maligned Kuzma actually played good defense, it's all about LeBron's antics. Mission accomplished Taco Tuesday-style.

And to top it off, the emo 15 year old highschool girl style whiny instagram post playing victim.

And for the, "if you don't want to get clowned on then don't get blown out" crowd, I've seen plenty of blowouts without guys acting a fool on the sidelines.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Bmu1c9cTIqiha/source.gif

I’ve followed LeBron’s career the last 10 years or so and he was known to do this much more during his first stint in Cleveland. I’ve seen far less during his 2nd stint and with the Lakers. Actually, he can be too docile when his teammates usually celebrate. He has not shown that much excitement or “foolish antics” as you say on a regular. Of course when he does after some time, haters have something to say. Simple, if you don’t want to be clowned on your court, play better.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Batguano wrote:
You guys are hilarious.

The LeBron antics on the sideline are the kind of thing all of you would've called out and been pissed off about if he was on any team other than the Lakers.

But none of this is surprising to anyone who's followed LeBron's career.

He has a history of such sideline antics. It's almost as if he can't go 2 seconds without the focus being on him. So instead of the talk being about how the much defensively maligned Kuzma actually played good defense, it's all about LeBron's antics. Mission accomplished Taco Tuesday-style.

And to top it off, the emo 15 year old highschool girl style whiny instagram post playing victim.

And for the, "if you don't want to get clowned on then don't get blown out" crowd, I've seen plenty of blowouts without guys acting a fool on the sidelines.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Bmu1c9cTIqiha/source.gif

I’ve followed LeBron’s career the last 10 years or so and he was known to do this much more during his first stint in Cleveland. I’ve seen far less during his 2nd stint and with the Lakers. Actually, he can be too docile when his teammates usually celebrate. He has not shown that much excitement or “foolish antics” as you say on a regular. Of course when he does after some time, haters have something to say. Simple, if you don’t want to be clowned on your court, play better.

So selfish and self centered the majority of teammates he's had all loved him and he leads the entire NBA in assists.. The selfishness of this guy is clearly out of control!

P.S.!!! - If you watched closely as he celebrated in his disgusting "sideline antics" he did a couple karate kicks clearly missing guys on purpose until he landed a kick that pushed back KCP.. This was him showing up not ONLY KCP but also Rob that he needs to be traded away while showing the world he's the f***ing king of the Lakers!!!!!

Let the entire NBA get back to hating the Lakers franchise with a passion as we keep piling up wins and they try to stop it just like old times
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
I'm surprised he even responded...even the biggest Lebron haters I know admit that if the other team doesn't want to be punked, they should play better.

The jump called out the announcers today as well

By the way, has anybody managed to get clarification on what the announcers meant when they said "playground ball"?

I took it as meaning it's bush league. Not professional.
Why? Are some trying to make more of it?

That's strange … I don't see many amateur, bush league games played by people in socks

Not literally.
It seemed more about saying that's not something that should be done at this level of the game. Do you think it means more than that?

Actually it's something that is done more often at this level of the game. As you go down in 'level' the more rarely you see this. You definitely don't see this kind of thing much at a street pick up game.

Which makes his analogy weird. Why would you think he's referencing unprofessional play when this sort of thing really only happens in professional levels of play?

I mean, I just said "not literally."

Whether the guy's concept of Lebron's "feat" being considered accurate or not is another discussion. In regards to the reason for his statement, again, to me it just seemed that the guy meant it's not something professional at this level. I took it more of an idiom (I hope that's the right word), instead of the guy literally meaning there's guys jumping around in their socks in pickups.

Perhaps if you just say what you think the guy meant, it'll be an easier discussion haha.

Holy crap!!! Playground = black, this what y’all arguing about?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Batguano wrote:

I don't see the big deal myself.

He gave his shoes to a fan and was jumping around to celebrate a blowout.

Not exactly playing it cool, but it's just a game after all.

I'm old enough to remember people on this board losing their minds over Mateen Cleaves, Bibby and JR Smith doing lesser antics.

Like I said. It's only an issue for people when they're on the opposing team but perfectly fine when they're on your team.

https://j.gifs.com/M8oNNA.gif

I can only speak for myself. People who reacted to Bibby etc. have to speak for themselves.

It didn't bother me when I saw LeBron do it, and it wouldn't really bother me if an opponent was doing it. Although I probably wouldn't see the opponent doing it because by that point in a losing blowout I wouldn't be watching the game
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

Jazz announcers were looking to blame something cause they didn’t wanna clown their team who was getting clowned in their own building although one of them did equate the game to Harlem globetrotters vs generals... and they were wrong to slander LeBron for celebrating a teammate blocks
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
I'm surprised he even responded...even the biggest Lebron haters I know admit that if the other team doesn't want to be punked, they should play better.

The jump called out the announcers today as well

By the way, has anybody managed to get clarification on what the announcers meant when they said "playground ball"?

I took it as meaning it's bush league. Not professional.
Why? Are some trying to make more of it?

That's strange … I don't see many amateur, bush league games played by people in socks

Not literally.
It seemed more about saying that's not something that should be done at this level of the game. Do you think it means more than that?

Actually it's something that is done more often at this level of the game. As you go down in 'level' the more rarely you see this. You definitely don't see this kind of thing much at a street pick up game.

Which makes his analogy weird. Why would you think he's referencing unprofessional play when this sort of thing really only happens in professional levels of play?

I wouldnt get worked up analyzing the word choice of an announcer who was speaking off the cuff. My guess is he simply meant it was something that was disrespectful for a professional athlete to do.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

What probably happened is the announcer forgot WHY he didn’t have shoes on.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

Cracks me up how big of an issue some point f you are trying to make this. I guess we all have our pet peeves we love to push to the front.

Some of the comments make me wonder how much time some of you have spent around playground games. There is a different vibe and energy at Venice, Rucker or even an organized Drew League game in the off-season. Drop it down another level to actual playgrounds.

Music, trash talk and sideline celebrations are at a whole different level. One you typically don’t see at college or professional benches.

Jazz announcers were upset about that game. Watch the clip, it was much more then just James on the court. Most of the bench was up and jumping around celebrating their bench players success. James going out on the court was just the extreme.

No issue with the celebrating or the comments. Both could have been handled differently. Just find this indignation and innuendo to be comical.

Thrilled to see the team win both road games in the manners they did. They keep surprising me with their chemistry and continued defensive efforts. On to Portland.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

They should be happy he was not celebrating outside their locker room. If you don't want people celebrating on your home-court, how about you have some pride and don't get your ass kicked in your own house instead of complaining like whiney lil' (bleep) after getting punked all night long.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

You guys, much like LeBron, are really trying to put the focus on the wrong thing.

It's not the fact that he celebrated giddily during a blowout. It's not the fact that he was in his socks.

It's the fact that he walked all the way onto the court while the play was still live. The arrogance/narcissism that goes into pushing a boundary like that simply because of your name, getting away with it (because anyone else would've been called for a technical), and then whining about it when someone (rightfully) called him out on it.

https://i.imgur.com/hbjg5yW.jpg
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

Sigh.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
You guys, much like LeBron, are really trying to put the focus on the wrong thing.

It's not the fact that he celebrated giddily during a blowout. It's not the fact that he was in his socks.

It's the fact that he walked all the way onto the court while the play was still live. The arrogance/narcissism that goes into pushing a boundary like that simply because of your name, getting away with it (because anyone else would've been called for a technical), and then whining about it when someone (rightfully) called him out on it.

For all the ignorant Lebron haters out there, has anyone for a moment thought maybe he didn't realize he was that close and on the floor? I mean, is he the first player to do that? No, exactly. But it's Lebron and the stupid haters will watch everything he does and criticize. I feel sorry for people like that.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

He was so focused on watching Kuz great back to back blocks that probably lost where he was at. But You can see he was still pretty close to the baseline. McGee/Howard was on the way also.

Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

For all the ignorant Lebron haters out there, has anyone for a moment thought maybe he didn't realize he was that close and on the floor? I mean, is he the first player to do that? No, exactly. But it's Lebron and the stupid haters will watch everything he does and criticize. I feel sorry for people like that.

So Mr Photographic memory, basketball savant that remembers every detail of every play from years before didn't realize where he was on the floor? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... I'll be happy to concede if you can find one instance of a player stepping like that on the floor while the ball was live. Since it's supposedly such a frequent occurrence

Howard and McGee were on the sideline but not ON the court.

So anyone who disagrees is an "ignorant hater". I feel sorry for people who view the world through such an extreme black-&-white lens instead of the shades of grey it really is.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sigh.

You created a thread just to avoid such things... 😝
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

So Mr Photographic memory, basketball savant that remembers every detail of every play from years before didn't realize where he was on the floor? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... I'll be happy to concede if you can find one instance of a player stepping like that on the floor while the ball was live. Since it's supposedly such a frequent occurrence

So anyone who disagrees is an "ignorant hater". I feel sorry for people who view the world through such an extreme black-&-white lens instead of the shades of grey it really is.

Hey, that's fine. I was giving a generalization of hater, not directed towards you. My apologies if it sounded that way. The Jazz announcers come to mind, when I talk hater.

I don't disagree but I don't think Lebron breaks the rules of the sport by any means. I am pretty sure the Curry, Leonard, Durant, etc., have all done the same. Heck, I have even seen coaches on the floor during games.

My point is, Lebron is always to focus because he's Lebron. I mean, people look at how he comes into the arena, who he talks to, who he gives his shoes to, etc......he's Lebron.

Like I said, wasn't personally calling you out. I just think Lebron gets unnecessary criticism, because, he's, well, Lebron.

By the way, I am a 40+ year Laker fan so I am not a kid so this is the way I see it. Just my opinion.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sigh.

The thread that was created was to compare/contrast two players that play/played for the Lakers. That other player doesn't factor into the current discussion AT ALL. I wasn't aware that that other thread was created to completely eliminate any criticism of LeBron... It's just that any time LeBron is criticized certain posters immediately make it about that other retired player in order to deflect.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

Batguano wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

You have a well documented affinity for a certain player which clouds your judgment towards Lebron but lets not re-hash old arguments. Does what Lebron did need discussion? Probably a little. Does it need to be psychoanalyzed? Probably not.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Batguano wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

You have a well documented affinity for a certain player which clouds your judgment towards Lebron but lets not re-hash old arguments. Does what Lebron did need discussion? Probably a little. Does it need to be psychoanalyzed? Probably not.

Funny. Since certain player didn't even factor into the discussion until you brought him up. The go-to deflection for whenever LeBron is criticized.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sigh.

I blame epak and drae.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Batguano wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Funny. Since certain player didn't even factor into the discussion until you brought him up. The go-to deflection for whenever LeBron is criticized.

How can we ignore certain player when you have a history of using him to discredit lebron?
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Batguano wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Batguano wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

How can we ignore certain player when you have a history of using him to discredit lebron?

Because certain player didn't factor into this discussion at all until you brought him up. Congratulations, deflection accomplished. You've managed to protect LeBron from slander by throwing a wrench into the discussion.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1282, 1283, 1284 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1283 of 2082
Jump to: