The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1283, 1284, 1285 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
You guys are hilarious.

The LeBron antics on the sideline are the kind of thing all of you would've called out and been pissed off about if he was on any team other than the Lakers.

But none of this is surprising to anyone who's followed LeBron's career.

He has a history of such sideline antics. It's almost as if he can't go 2 seconds without the focus being on him. So instead of the talk being about how the much defensively maligned Kuzma actually played good defense, it's all about LeBron's antics. Mission accomplished Taco Tuesday-style.

And to top it off, the emo 15 year old highschool girl style whiny instagram post playing victim.

And for the, "if you don't want to get clowned on then don't get blown out" crowd, I've seen plenty of blowouts without guys acting a fool on the sidelines.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Bmu1c9cTIqiha/source.gif

Wrong thread?

Bash Lebron thread is here: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=188620
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2HIHRjAFwCCMZa/giphy.gif
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sigh.

You created a thread just to avoid such things... 😝

I blame epak and drae.

Not even surprise where the main complaints coming from. Always the same dudes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

"I will NOT be showing up to the Lakers championship parade if LBJ is on the team. Guffaw."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
You guys, much like LeBron, are really trying to put the focus on the wrong thing.

It's not the fact that he celebrated giddily during a blowout. It's not the fact that he was in his socks.

It's the fact that he walked all the way onto the court while the play was still live. The arrogance/narcissism that goes into pushing a boundary like that simply because of your name, getting away with it (because anyone else would've been called for a technical), and then whining about it when someone (rightfully) called him out on it.

https://i.imgur.com/hbjg5yW.jpg

For all the ignorant Lebron haters out there, has anyone for a moment thought maybe he didn't realize he was that close and on the floor? I mean, is he the first player to do that? No, exactly. But it's Lebron and the stupid haters will watch everything he does and criticize. I feel sorry for people like that.

So Mr Photographic memory, basketball savant that remembers every detail of every play from years before didn't realize where he was on the floor? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... I'll be happy to concede if you can find one instance of a player stepping like that on the floor while the ball was live. Since it's supposedly such a frequent occurrence

Howard and McGee were on the sideline but not ON the court.

So anyone who disagrees is an "ignorant hater". I feel sorry for people who view the world through such an extreme black-&-white lens instead of the shades of grey it really is.

Your take on LBJ is "grey?"
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

I envision a cold, dark basement. With nothing more than a chair and a mid 2000’s computer and monitor. Maybe a poster or two. And an orange couch. Potato chips and Caprisun.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

The funny thing about Lebron this year is when he tries and stare at teammates for defensive mishaps, he’s staring at some all world defenders. Must be different than staring down Mario, Norris, Kevin, or JR. 😝
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
You guys, much like LeBron, are really trying to put the focus on the wrong thing.

It's not the fact that he celebrated giddily during a blowout. It's not the fact that he was in his socks.

It's the fact that he walked all the way onto the court while the play was still live. The arrogance/narcissism that goes into pushing a boundary like that simply because of your name, getting away with it (because anyone else would've been called for a technical), and then whining about it when someone (rightfully) called him out on it.

For all the ignorant Lebron haters out there, has anyone for a moment thought maybe he didn't realize he was that close and on the floor? I mean, is he the first player to do that? No, exactly. But it's Lebron and the stupid haters will watch everything he does and criticize. I feel sorry for people like that.

Other players have done that and some received technicals. I don’t think that any call should have been made on Lebron, it was no big deal. I just don’t want to read that Lebron doesn’t get calls, that is a hollow argument.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Meh. Whatever. It was against Utah and we broke a road loosing streak. Party all you want.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

So Mr Photographic memory, basketball savant that remembers every detail of every play from years before didn't realize where he was on the floor? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... I'll be happy to concede if you can find one instance of a player stepping like that on the floor while the ball was live. Since it's supposedly such a frequent occurrence

So anyone who disagrees is an "ignorant hater". I feel sorry for people who view the world through such an extreme black-&-white lens instead of the shades of grey it really is.

What about your takes? Do you have any that pertain to actual basketball, or are you more concerned in analyzing posters?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

What about your takes? Do you have any that pertain to actual basketball, or are you more concerned in analyzing posters?

You and a few others psychoanalyze Lebron for every action of perceived narcissism or any other undesirable trait. Your arguments are litearlly bat guano insane.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Point them out. I make a lot of takes on stats, players, personnel moves, etc. How do you think I have 100k+ posts?

You on the other hand, how much of it this year is just blatantly anti-LBJ? Do you have anything else to offer to our Lakers community? I made a thread for you to have at it and you can't even stay in that lane.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Point them out. I make a lot of takes on stats, players, personnel moves, etc. How do you think I have 100k+ posts?

You on the other hand, how much of it this year is just blatantly anti-LBJ? Do you have anything else to offer to our Lakers community? I made a thread for you to have at it and you can't even stay in that lane.

You made a player comparison thread. I didn't realize it was meant to be a "don't criticize LeBron anywhere but in here" thread.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

And the mods said to do the LBJ dumping in there. Not my rules.

Last edited by yinoma2001 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sigh.

You created a thread just to avoid such things... 😝

I blame epak and drae.

Oops 0.0
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

A lot of Jazz fans made the point that Lebron was "well onto the court when the ball was live" but he was only half a step in from the baseline. I've seen plenty of occasions when players, or even coaches, are that far on the court.

Not an issue imo, if you want to call that a technical then do it for everyone.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
A lot of Jazz fans made the point that Lebron was "well onto the court when the ball was live" but he was only half a step in from the baseline. I've seen plenty of occasions when players, or even coaches, are that far on the court.

Dude there was a player in the corner behind him, Lebron was effectively guarding a guy while wearing socks. (He really has turned it around on defense this year, hasn't he?) We're all just jerking LBJ off in this thread because he's a laker . . . and because it's a total a non-issue, and i'd say the same if it happened to us and LBJ was wearing a jazz uniform. As to his IG posts . . . Lebron's always been a diva and always will be. He's a hypocritical dork that wants everyone to gobble up his wokeness while he (bleep) dolla dolla bills on the dead lying in the streets of hong kong.

i'll say what i always say - he's a marvelous basketball player and a miserable human being. go kobe.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
drae wrote:

Dude there was a player in the corner behind him, Lebron was effectively guarding a guy while wearing socks. (He really has turned it around on defense this year, hasn't he?) We're all just jerking LBJ off in this thread because he's a laker . . . and because it's a total a non-issue, and i'd say the same if it happened to us and LBJ was wearing a jazz uniform. As to his IG posts . . . Lebron's always been a diva and always will be. He's a hypocritical dork that wants everyone to gobble up his wokeness while he (bleep) dolla dolla bills on the dead lying in the streets of hong kong.

i'll say what i always say - he's a marvelous basketball player and a miserable human being. go kobe.

There was no player in the corner behind him. The player in the corner was a GOOD 2 strides in from the baseline while Lebron was only a half a stride in. Some dude tried to make the same point then posted an image and Lebron wasn't even close.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
drae wrote:

You are not my spirit animal. 😝
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

So I just took this image an instant before the player in the corner started running back to halfway. Observe where Lebron is, maybe a foot inside the baseline. Observe where the player in the corner is, a good 2 strides in. Lebron is in no way obstructing this person:

https://i.imgur.com/i51zx7C.png
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
So I just took this image an instant before the player in the corner started running back to halfway. Observe where Lebron is, maybe a foot inside the baseline. Observe where the player in the corner is, a good 2 strides in. Lebron is in no way obstructing this person:

He shouldn’t be on the court.

But in the end it wasn’t that big of a deal.

End of story.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Lol I was about to say the same thing.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Would love to see a 40pt night from the GOAT.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Other players have done that and some received technicals. I don’t think that any call should have been made on Lebron, it was no big deal. I just don’t want to read that Lebron doesn’t get calls, that is a hollow argument.

Maybe it's true that he doesn't get calls. They're not making the obvious traveling and technical calls they'd be making on anyone else
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

I did not realize that James was that far on the court "during" the play on that end. The pics I had seen (or my memory) was after the ball and play had gone up court.

And why is he not just on the court but several steps out along the baseline? Seeing this shot I would have no issue if he had gotten a tech at the time. Not a sock issue, its too far onto the court while play was going on.

Another aspect I think some are overlooking from the comments made was the bench players were all celebrating. Thus the "clowning and "disrespect on our court" comments. The socks whining was just icing on the cake.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1283, 1284, 1285 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1284 of 2082
Jump to: