The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1286, 1287, 1288 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Lebron was able to see where the league was headed and went from a poor 3 point shooter to a good one. Other older stars missed that memo. The days of him dominating from mid range are over.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject:

I love BBallBreakdown videos, and this one is about "How Anthony Davis UNLOCKED LeBron To Lead The NBA In Assists"

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lebron was able to see where the league was headed and went from a poor 3 point shooter to a good one. Other older stars missed that memo. The days of him dominating from mid range are over.

Yeah, I was thinking recently wow Lebron has really improved his 3 ball. Now, his percentages aren’t that great. But, its at a point where there are certain situations where you just feel like oh that one is going in.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking recently wow Lebron has really improved his 3 ball. Now, his percentages aren’t that great. But, its at a point where there are certain situations where you just feel like oh that one is going in.

What's wrong with his percentages? It's actually better than Luka Doncic from 3 point line.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

Lmao when did LeBron ever dominate from the midrange? His game is still predicated on getting in the paint. He has a passable 3 now. I think his biggest impact this year is the passing and effort defensively.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

What's wrong with his percentages? It's actually better than Luka Doncic from 3 point line.

Haha great shooting from 3pt range isn’t defined as being better than Luke Doncic’s percentage. Cmon now.

Nothing is wrong with his percentage. I just said it wasn’t great (34.1%). Is that great to you?
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Lmao when did LeBron ever dominate from the midrange? His game is still predicated on getting in the paint. He has a passable 3 now. I think his biggest impact this year is the passing and effort defensively.

LeBron is a beast in the midrange. We'll see it more in the playoffs. Check out his last playoff run to see what I'm talking about
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

LeGM getting it done.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

Even pre-injury last season, he seemed less explosive than this season. That long offseason after all those consecutive Finals really was exactly what he needed.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Haha great shooting from 3pt range isn’t defined as being better than Luke Doncic’s percentage. Cmon now.

Nothing is wrong with his percentage. I just said it wasn’t great (34.1%). Is that great to you?

Anything at or above making 1 out of 3 is great to me because, to get the same number of points shooting 2 pointers, you'd need t shoot 50% or better.

That's how I look at it.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Even pre-injury last season, he seemed less explosive than this season. That long offseason after all those consecutive Finals really was exactly what he needed.

I think he was not that motivated last season specially when they failed to bring in the 2nd star. Everyone knew it was trial season. I agree that long off season is exactly what he needed tho.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

I think he was not that motivated last season specially when they failed to bring in the 2nd star. .

Agree and that is why I would never consider him for the GOAT. We’ve seen too many players that would sacrifice everything to win and then we have a guy taking it easy because his team wasn’t winning.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

I haven't checked the odds lately, but I'm guessing that LAbron has pushed us into the lead as favorites to win the Finals.

I'm still waiting to see what happens in this Clippers game in Dec. 25, to see if the home opener was just a fluke or if Bron & AD are indeed the best duo.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Anything at or above making 1 out of 3 is great to me because, to get the same number of points shooting 2 pointers, you'd need t shoot 50% or better.

That's how I look at it.

That would make virtually every NBA team in the league a “great” 3pt shooting team including those that are below average.

Get what you are saying, but I have never seen the word “great” used to describe people or things that are below average at something.

Also, I should add, 50% eFG% (2s and 3s) is bad. If your team shot 50% eFG%, this would make you the Chicago Bulls (5th worst at .496 eFG%) in that department.

Last edited by ringfinger on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

I think he was not that motivated last season specially when they failed to bring in the 2nd star. .

Agree and that is why I would never consider him for the GOAT. We’ve seen too many players that would sacrifice everything to win and then we have a guy taking it easy because his team wasn’t winning.

There is only one goat... Alex Caruso.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That's how I look at it.

That would make virtually every NBA team in the league a “great” 3pt shooting team including those that are below average.

Get what you are saying, but I have never seen the word “great” used to describe people or things that are below average at something.

Also, I should add, 50% eFG% (2s and 3s) is bad. If your team shot 50% eFG%, this would make you the Chicago Bulls (5th worst at .496 eFG%) in that department.

It's still an effective shot because many of Luka's/LeBron's/Harden's threes are taken under heavy duress late in the shot clock when there aren't any other good options. I'll take a point per possession (or slightly under one) in those situations.

Last edited by Laker_Dynasty_01 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That's how I look at it.

It's still an effective shot because many of Luka's/LeBron's/Harden's threes are taken under heavy duress late in the shot clock when there aren't any other good options. I'll take a point per possession in those situations.

Many? What is many to you? Like, roughly what percent of their 3s respectively are taken under heavy duress and/or late in the shot clock?
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That's how I look at it.

It's still an effective shot because many of Luka's/LeBron's/Harden's threes are taken under heavy duress late in the shot clock when there aren't any other good options. I'll take a point per possession in those situations.

Many? What is many to you? Like, roughly what percent of their 3s respectively are taken under heavy duress and/or late in the shot clock?

Eye test from watching LeBron this year, and the bit of Luka I've been able to catch.

Remember that many is not a synonym for most.

Many in this case means more than the league average.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Eye test from watching LeBron this year, and the bit of Luka I've been able to catch.

Lebron James
% of FGA that are 3s and with 4 or fewer seconds in the shot clock: 4.6%
% of FGA that are 3s and with a man within 2 feet: 0.0%

Luka Doncic
% of FGA that are 3s and with 4 or fewer seconds in the shot clock: 3.9%
% of FGA that are 3s and with a man within 2 feet: 0.7%

Many in this case seems to mean almost never.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Well that's how I feel not sure that's how Lebron approached it tho. The Lakers was doing fine before the injuries.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Lebron James

Luka Doncic

bruh lmao
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Lebron James

Luka Doncic

bruh lmao

What?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Lebron James

Luka Doncic

bruh lmao

What?

I think he’s high fiving you
Epic takedown Lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
I haven't checked the odds lately, but I'm guessing that LAbron has pushed us into the lead as favorites to win the Finals.

I'm still waiting to see what happens in this Clippers game in Dec. 25, to see if the home opener was just a fluke or if Bron & AD are indeed the best duo.

Lakers and Clippers are 5/2, Bucks are 5/1. It isn’t surprising that two SoCal teams are at the top since Las Vegas is so close.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

Lakers and Clippers are 5/2, Bucks are 5/1. It isn’t surprising that two SoCal teams are at the top since Las Vegas is so close.

Yeah that's it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1286, 1287, 1288 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1287 of 2082
Jump to: