The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1380, 1381, 1382 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Someone please explain the lack of wins against contending teams, like the clips or bucks, is he macro managing in that aspect as well. Playoff Lebron would destroy them when he meets them?

I remember him activating playoff mode last year, only for him to fall flat on his face. What would make this year any different, Collison?

I find this lack of wins against contenders to be a disingenous superficial claim.

We've had three games against the contenders (Vegas Odds) "Milwuakee & Clippers"

Game 1 of our season was against the Clippers. We were tied in that game going into the fourth.

Xmas Game against the Clippers. We were tied in that game going into the fourth. We wholeheartedly blew that game especially given our lead in the first half.

Milwuakee Game -- despite playing bad the entire game -- we were tied going into the fourth.

I don't disagree at all that we need a wing defender or a much better backup PG than Rondo.

But you can't skip out that DESPITE these weaknesses - we were tied going into the fourth with each of these teams. It's obvious we're trying to improve and it was obvious it was going to be challenging for us to make trades.

However these games you're referring to are games from October & December. We're going to be playing these teams in May and ideally June. If they're ahead of us today -- until we've completed buyout season we really don't know if we're that far behind.

It's pretty clear that our offense struggles without Lebron and he's carrying a huge load playmaking. If AD or Lebron are not operating at a 9/10 level than it's hard for us to beat contenders. However, we have the ingredients in some guys in our bench (KCP, Kuzma, DG) - we just need that backup PG to stir the drink and set the tone for our offensive execution.

To simply state we always lose to contenders is ostensible.

You must’ve missed the losses against the celtics, Sixers, Raptors and the new look Rockets. Yup all disingenuous losses
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
ahaider wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Someone please explain the lack of wins against contending teams, like the clips or bucks, is he macro managing in that aspect as well. Playoff Lebron would destroy them when he meets them?

I remember him activating playoff mode last year, only for him to fall flat on his face. What would make this year any different, Collison?

I find this lack of wins against contenders to be a disingenous superficial claim.

We've had three games against the contenders (Vegas Odds) "Milwuakee & Clippers"

Game 1 of our season was against the Clippers. We were tied in that game going into the fourth.

Xmas Game against the Clippers. We were tied in that game going into the fourth. We wholeheartedly blew that game especially given our lead in the first half.

Milwuakee Game -- despite playing bad the entire game -- we were tied going into the fourth.

I don't disagree at all that we need a wing defender or a much better backup PG than Rondo.

But you can't skip out that DESPITE these weaknesses - we were tied going into the fourth with each of these teams. It's obvious we're trying to improve and it was obvious it was going to be challenging for us to make trades.

However these games you're referring to are games from October & December. We're going to be playing these teams in May and ideally June. If they're ahead of us today -- until we've completed buyout season we really don't know if we're that far behind.

It's pretty clear that our offense struggles without Lebron and he's carrying a huge load playmaking. If AD or Lebron are not operating at a 9/10 level than it's hard for us to beat contenders. However, we have the ingredients in some guys in our bench (KCP, Kuzma, DG) - we just need that backup PG to stir the drink and set the tone for our offensive execution.

You must’ve missed the losses against the celtics, Sixers, Raptors and the new look Rockets. Yup all disingenuous losses

That’s what you took from my post?

For starters, none of those teams are contenders.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
ahaider wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Anyone of those teams could come out of the east. The bucks had the best record last year too but didn’t come out of the east.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Sick!!!

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1225939385515823104
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Sick!!!

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1225939385515823104

Probably been watching Bean highlights
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

I remember him activating playoff mode last year

That was so embarrassing
njeezy08
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

That was so embarrassing
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
ahaider wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Toronto and Boston certainly are
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
ahaider wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

They also swept the Heat, but go off.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
ahaider wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

They also swept the Heat, but go off.

I can’t help myself lol
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

That was so embarrassing

I guess we'll all soon see if he still actually has another gear in the postseason. I'm concerned for sure.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

That was so embarrassing

I guess we'll all soon see if he still actually has another gear in the postseason. I'm concerned for sure.

Definitely concerned. He’s coasting play back in Cleveland and Miami was at a higher level than the coasting he does here.

He might have an extra gear...but it won’t be the same gear we’ve seen in previous playoff runs IMO
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

7/17 from the field, 7 TOs

Need to be more aggressive come play off times. These numbers are not going to win us many games
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is not right, right now. It is written on his face. He has had a totally different demeanor since Kobe died. I feel for him, the pain is on his face. He looks like he is not even sleeping.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Lebron is not right, right now. It is written on his face. He has had a totally different demeanor since Kobe died. I feel for him, the pain is on his face. He looks like he is not even sleeping.

Yeah definitely should consider giving him Monday's game off, should be able to handle Phoenix. Need a mentally stronger effort from him at Denver on Wednesday.

1978-2020
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Happy we got the win. A rest over All-Star break will do our vet squad some good.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The slam by James, a double-clutch reverse off an outlet pass from Avery Bradley, appeared to be a carbon copy of a dunk Bryant threw down on Nov. 18, 2001, against the Sacramento Kings — from the approach to the launching spot to the side of the court at Staples Center being the same. “Ever see the movie ‘The 6th Man’?” James asked after the Lakers’ 125-120 victory over the Warriors. “Kobe came down, put himself in my body and gave me that dunk on that break.” 2 hours ago – via Dave McMenamin @ ESPN
Deaths, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers

Quote:
James said that although he saw Bryant complete that dunk countless times during his 20-year career, he was not planning to mimic it going into the Houston game. “I didn’t really predetermine that either until I jumped,” James said. “I just jumped and kind of figured it out, and then … it’s crazy how it’s the same exact dunk, the same exact hoop that Kobe did [it on] — what, 19 years ago or something like that? That was nice.” 2 hours ago – via Dave McMenamin @ ESPN
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
The slam by James, a double-clutch reverse off an outlet pass from Avery Bradley, appeared to be a carbon copy of a dunk Bryant threw down on Nov. 18, 2001, against the Sacramento Kings — from the approach to the launching spot to the side of the court at Staples Center being the same. “Ever see the movie ‘The 6th Man’?” James asked after the Lakers’ 125-120 victory over the Warriors. “Kobe came down, put himself in my body and gave me that dunk on that break.” 2 hours ago – via Dave McMenamin @ ESPN
Deaths, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers

Quote:
James said that although he saw Bryant complete that dunk countless times during his 20-year career, he was not planning to mimic it going into the Houston game. “I didn’t really predetermine that either until I jumped,” James said. “I just jumped and kind of figured it out, and then … it’s crazy how it’s the same exact dunk, the same exact hoop that Kobe did [it on] — what, 19 years ago or something like that? That was nice.” 2 hours ago – via Dave McMenamin @ ESPN

that was def nice, the side by side... man, RIP
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject:

New place same spot same result

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YI1GLB-byeQ
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

If we win the championship this year, then I don't mind him joining team USA.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:51 am    Post subject:

Low shooting % and high turnovers last 3 games. Look like he is ready for all star break. Should be about 10 days off.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Low shooting % and high turnovers last 3 games. Look like he is ready for all star break. Should be about 10 days off.

Good, much needed decompression time for all of them, especially James and Pelinka who really knew Kobe
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Remember that dunk on Bjelica? That transition dunk against the mavs in the 4th quarter? I think it was on Dorian Finney-Smith. The dunk on Gorgui Dieng?

It is concerning that all those happened in November and early December before he battled a groin injury again in late December. He is still playing outstanding of course. He still throws down some sick dunks. Feels different than how he was driving and dunking on people early in the season.

That is what's concerning about not getting another playmaker. We need to rest Lebron more. If Rondo didn't just go through the motions most games then there would be more confidence in Lebron sitting out a Warriors/Suns game.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Remember that dunk on Bjelica? That transition dunk against the mavs in the 4th quarter? I think it was on Dorian Finney-Smith. The dunk on Gorgui Dieng?

It is concerning that all those happened in November and early December before he battled a groin injury again in late December. He is still playing outstanding of course. He still throws down some sick dunks. Feels different than how he was driving and dunking on people early in the season.

That is what's concerning about not getting another playmaker. We need to rest Lebron more. If Rondo didn't just go through the motions most games then there would be more confidence in Lebron sitting out a Warriors/Suns game.

It’s noticeable how he struggles to attack the rim right now. Practically every defender guarding him lately has been able to stay with him when he drives toward the paint. Old man Lebron needs some load management
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

The first part of March is brutal, but after that I see some games he can take off.

Warriors
Bulls
Pistons
Hornets
T-Wolves
Suns
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1380, 1381, 1382 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next
Page 1381 of 2085
Jump to: