The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1449, 1450, 1451 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

Whomever wins the 2020 NBA Championship will spray Champagne in the makeshift locker room. A banner will be hung in their arena. Their loyal fan base will celebrate it. Rings will be given out next season in some sort of ceremony. It will become a part of NBA history. And the last thing any of those players (who separated themselves from the world for 3 months) will think of is some internet trolls calling this an “Asterisk Championship”.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Whomever wins the 2020 NBA Championship will spray Champagne in the makeshift locker room. A banner will be hung in their arena. Their loyal fan base will celebrate it. Rings will be given out next season in some sort of ceremony. It will become a part of NBA history. And the last thing any of those players (who separated themselves from the world for 3 months) will think of is some internet trolls calling this an “Asterisk Championship”.

We shouldn't even count the 2020 chip!!!!

Not.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

I kinda hate the Clippers were eliminated. I wanted to see Bron make Kawhi eat his commercial with the crown hanging from his key chain, saying this is his city. suggesting he's here to take the crown from Bron.

LINK

He and PG13 choked. This ain't Toronto or Oklahoma City, it's the bright lights and big city, LOS ANGELES. Takes more than a commercial to take the crown.

Having said all that I'm also kinda glad we didn't get the Sailboat Boys. Would have cemented the true owner of the throne but I don't have enough Prozac.

It's going to be a tough row to hoe for the Lakers but I believe they have it in them.

GO LAKERS

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

You can only play who is in front of you. Every year key injuries derail teams and sometimes the unlikely teams win out. But look at all the positive things we have seen:

Teams basically playing on neutral courts, no homefield advantage, no home cooking from the Ref's.

The Suns winning all their bubble games and maybe ready for the playoffs next year.

Favorite teams like the Clippers, Bucks, Raptors, Rockets out of the playoffs. Good runs by the Heat, Denver, Boston, and the Lakers.

It's a freaky year no doubt, and their may some residual again next year, with a delayed or shortened season. You play with the hand you are dealt. No ***, win or go home. Win and get your Zoom Championship parade!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

Remember when Giannis crowned himself after he had the best 3pt shooting game of his life in the regular season against us? Hope Giannis got himself a PS5, so he has something to do with all his free time now.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

When their schedules finally aligned, on an off night in early March 2019, it wasn't exactly an ideal time for either. James and the Lakers had just lost five in a row, the fifth being a particularly galling 120-107 loss to the Kyrie Irving-led Boston Celtics at Staples Center. The groin injury that had bothered James since Christmas Day wasn't getting any better. And the team was about to head out on a five-game East Coast road trip.

But James wasn't canceling this dinner. He'd been wanting to spend time with the woman who ran the Lakers since he'd chosen to sign with the franchise the previous summer, and he had something important to tell her.

"We understand that things happen. We're not pointing the finger at anybody, and we're going to stay down with you," James' agent Rich Paul, who attended the dinner along with James and Lakers executive Linda Rambis, recalled to ESPN. "We're committed to you and we'll come out of this on top. We'll come out of this different than what the world sees. Let the people who talk, talk. We just gotta do the work."

The message was clear: There might be drama engulfing the Lakers, but James wouldn't be adding to it. They were in this together.

James told Buss he'd long been an admirer of her late father, Dr. Jerry Buss, and how he ran the NBA's glamour franchise. He was displaying an understanding and appreciation for Lakers history that both surprised and touched Buss, according to a close associate of hers.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29891408/how-lebron-james-jeanie-buss-squashed-lakers-drama

Nice article about LeBron and the Lakers.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

A lot was made about Lebron's stint in Cleveland and how he held the organization to ransom but almost nobody says that Lebron HAD to do that. Gilbert is an utter bastard, he's cheap, he burned his relationship with Lebron to the ground after he left, and he never put anyone beside Lebron to help in Lebron's first stint there. So yeah, Lebron FORCED Gilbert to make moves when he came back.

The Lakers organization isn't like that. The Lakers and Buss take care of their stars, Pelinka is a solid GM, they both know what needs to be done. Lebron's happy here, he's happy with Buss and Pelinka and Vogel, you can see it in everything he does
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Remember when Giannis crowned himself after he had the best 3pt shooting game of his life in the regular season against us? Hope Giannis got himself a PS5, so he has something to do with all his free time now.

We don't want to give these modern players a PS5. They'll spend more time playing video games on Twitch then practicing.

Then again, have at it Giannis! Cyberpunk 2077 awaits.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

How Lebron James and Jeanie Buss squashed Lakers drama

Shelbourne puff piece, she's probably desperate to get back into our inner circle . . . in any event, puff pieces can be fun to read, yea?

OOps, saw Leif posted it first. oh well.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

Shelbourne puff piece, she's probably desperate to get back into our inner circle . . . in any event, puff pieces can be fun to read, yea?

Yeah, saw that earlier. She should write a piece and apologize to Pelinka over the whole “cap” situation.
I don’t dislike her one bit, I just don’t know why that particular story was written.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Yeah, saw that earlier. She should write a piece and apologize to Pelinka over the whole “cap” situation.
I don’t dislike her one bit, I just don’t know why that particular story was written.

Clickbait. Always popular to (bleep) on the Lakers so she just rode the wave that summer. I'm glad the Lakers are back to mums the word with reporters. Granted, we only started chatting with the Dings of the world after Black was fired and Jeanie started spreading (bleep) to undermine Jimbo . . . but thankfully she didn't keep it going. Being burned by the Ramona's of the world probably reminded her that in Lakerland, silence is as golden as our jerseys. . .
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject:

I hope that LBJ and the rest of the team will start strong. And every win will distance LBJ more from Kawhi whom most of the haters think already is the best player now which is not.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:03 am    Post subject:

i like the comparison .... Apple and Microsoft

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject:

So much rest for Lebron. He's gonna be like a twenty year old or an energizer bunny running circles around the Nuggets in game one. Hope AD will put the fat joker in his place.

How to force Lebron to rest next year before the playoffs? Have a second or third lockdown in the Spring. Easy.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

Bottom line: win this chip for Kobe when nobody believed in us and bring the greatest franchise in the NBA back to prominence with the #17 and LeBron will find his name hanging from Staples.

That simple. Let's get it.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

I don't want to give her a click. What's the tldr;?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

I don't want to give her a click. What's the tldr;?

bs...blah blah blah....bs
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

We know who the real MVP is.

Let's go Lakers! Let's go LBJ.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

Keep the MVP, we'll take the ring.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

Anyone seen this?

https://twitter.com/rightwingwatch/status/1306958041062006785?s=21

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

Holy (bleep) I wouldn’t want to be the Nuggets tonight. Like being in a dark ally with Brock Lesner. We all knew Giannis was the winner already, but this might be the type of thing that makes Lebron go supernova.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Anyone seen this?

Great find (<—— somebody keep an eye on this dude.) 😝

Seriously though, hearing that lady talk made me a whole lot dumber...
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Anyone seen this?

Everything makes sense now!!!!!!!

GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Holy (bleep) I wouldn’t want to be the Nuggets tonight. Like being in a dark ally with Brock Lesner. We all knew Giannis was the winner already, but this might be the type of thing that makes Lebron go supernova.

(chickennugget.jpg) <-----------------
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

I skimmed this article about LeBron's often criticized finals record.

To me it's rather simple... I mainly look at his time after Miami, when he was fully formed, so to speak. Both mentally and physically. He lost those 3 finals showings because of 2 reasons. 1, other than Kyrie for the lone championship, his teams have been horrible. MJ couldn't win with half ass Kevin love and delly as his primary side kicks. And 2, he was going to battle against the warriors dynasty with those putzes. Twice against KD. LBJ didn't stand a chance, no matter how insane he played. He's still just one man.

It's like crapping on Kobe for not bringing home the ship with Kwame and smush!

I would have loved to have seen those cavs teams with Anthony Davis take a crack at the warriors. That would have been a more fair fight.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29903595/how-six-teams-stopped-lebron-james-nba-playoffs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1449, 1450, 1451 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1450 of 2086
Jump to: