The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1453, 1454, 1455 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
If Lebron wasn't a Laker, I'd think his whining about an MVP award he didn't deserve in the middle of the playoffs during a pandemic a little silly and petty.

Maybe reporters should stop asking him about it every other question, they were even asking AD and Vogel about it and AD just looked tired after the nth time he was asked.

Also Kobe back then said similar thing about not winning MVP:
https://twitter.com/showtimeforum/status/1307007325245374465?s=21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Wish Lebron won it but Giannis was the correct choice at the time the votes were made. Though These playoffs proved he’s not playing with scrubs. They won an elimination game without him lol.

Anyways this could work out for us....I hope this adds more fuel to the fire and Lebron comes out guns blazing the rest of the playoffs.

All the greats looked for any kind of motivation to the point of finding ridiculously petty Reasons to fuel it. Lebron is no different it seems by how salty he was about the mvp snub.

I love it!!!!

Lebron is still the best player but MVP is usually goes with the regular season narrative. I don’t think the Bucks will have a better record if you switch Giannis with Lebron but they will do much better in the playoff . I agree with Lebron how those media votes go by with all those BS votes but at the same time, he also won like 4 of them. Shaq was the best player for many years , Kobe was pretty much the same. I remember all those playlers who they feared the most and it’s always Kobe .
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is the best player in the league

Plays for the best team in the league

Plays in the tougher of the two conferences

But he's not the MVP

The award lost all credibility for me back in 03 when Kobe came in third in voting and only solidified in 06 when he came in fourth. FOURTH.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:

But he's not the MVP

The award lost all credibility for me back in 03 when Kobe came in third in voting and only solidified in 06 when he came in fourth. FOURTH.

I don't understand the outrage. Honestly. Greek Freak's team had the better regular season record. AND Brow has helped us win games FAAAAR more than any teammate has helped Giannis in MIL.

Bron is the better player. But didn't have the better season.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
If Lebron wasn't a Laker, I'd think his whining about an MVP award he didn't deserve in the middle of the playoffs during a pandemic a little silly and petty.

I think it was just spur of the moment rambling, tbh. He did later clarify when a reporter asked him a follow-up question about how upset he was, that he was perfectly fine and over it. Now clearly he's still bothered by it to even bring it up (lol), but I feel like it's more self-motivational than anything about the lack of respect with 1st place votes, and that's just kinda Bron's schtick. Media will blow this up unnecessarily, but I don't think he's crying about not winning, just the voting process overall.

It's not a big deal, and I bet you're right. I just see folks lining up to praise his comments and relitigate the MVP award on the internet being a little over the top.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
GTL wrote:

But he's not the MVP

I don't understand the outrage. Honestly. Greek Freak's team had the better regular season record. AND Brow has helped us win games FAAAAR more than any teammate has helped Giannis in MIL.

I don't know along with the impressive points and rebounds those 10+ assists leading the league are very impressive... an MVP argument seems valid to me.... ... and the Lakers regular season record was nothing to sneeze at either.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
I don't know along with the impressive points and rebounds those 10+ assists leading the league are very impressive... an MVP argument seems valid to me....

You could make the argument. But being outraged about the decision made makes no sense to me.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
GTL wrote:
kikanga wrote:

But he's not the MVP

I don't know along with the impressive points and rebounds those 10+ assists leading the league are very impressive... an MVP argument seems valid to me.... ... and the Lakers regular season record was nothing to sneeze at either.

You could make the argument. But being outraged about the decision made makes no sense to me.
I would definitely agree there... (finally got the quote stream fixed )

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
GTL wrote:

But he's not the MVP

That's a subjective opinion.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
kikanga wrote:
GTL wrote:

But he's not the MVP

"Better" and "best" anything is always subjective. It only starts to become objective when you define what "better" and "best" means.

The Bucks won more games, and they were ranked higher on offense and on defense than the Lakers.

So it's unclear how you consider the Lakers the "best team" in the regular season (which is all that matters as far as the MVP award).

Last edited by activeverb on Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
kikanga wrote:
GTL wrote:

But he's not the MVP

All basketball analysis is subjective. You could say LBJ is a good player and I could say "that's a subjective opinion". But there are stats to back up opinion. And that's what gives the opinion validity.

1) MIL had a better record and the highest point differential in the league.
2) Greek Freak beat him in scoring, rebounds, blocks. 3 out of 5 tradition stats.
3) Greek Freak did it without anybody close to as good as AD on his team.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Freak’s numbers were better across the board, didn’t play alongside another 1st team all-NBA talent and his team had a better record. Frankly I’m surprised Lebron got 16 1st place votes to begin with.

All I know is if he wants to use it as extra motivation then I’m all for it. Go get the trophy that Giannis can’t get, Bron.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Disagree with Lebron's take about media forcing a "narrative." Because the narrative would have been Lebron 17th season, but still MVP, on a mission to win a chip for Kobe and LA. If there's any narrative out there, it's easier to write Laker theme narratives. What narrative was in Milwaukee? I don't see any compelling or interesting story. The Freak just won base on stats, that's it.

Bron should have just said, "The only trophy that matters is the one I'm still playing for." I just hate that he gave ammunition to the Skip Baylesses of the world.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Disagree with Lebron's take about media forcing a "narrative." Because the narrative would have been Lebron 17th season, but still MVP, on a mission to win a chip for Kobe and LA. If there's any narrative out there, it's easier to write Laker theme narratives. What narrative was in Milwaukee? I don't see any compelling or interesting story. The Freak just won base on stats, that's it.

Bron should have just said, "The only trophy that matters is the one I'm still playing for." I just hate that he gave ammunition to the Skip Baylesses of the world.

...and matching MJ's MVP total. Full of narratives, all on Lebron's side.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Disagree with Lebron's take about media forcing a "narrative." Because the narrative would have been Lebron 17th season, but still MVP, on a mission to win a chip for Kobe and LA. .

You can create a narrative for any choice you make.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Just off the top of my head. The NBA clearly wants Giannis to be the next face of the league, so what better way than to give him the MVP and DPOY, which will make the mass public think he's the next big thing. I don't know if politics are even in play here so not going to comment too much, but LeBron is the more vocal one on social matters so giving him the MVP may just make him more 'powerful' in the media, no matter how small that counts. Also the Lakers are the favorite to challenge for the title, maybe the media or NBA wants to give small market teams some marketability which is essentially what Giannis winning the award does? Imagine LeBron winning mvp, AD winning DPOY and the Lakers getting #17, man the rest of the league won't be happy
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Disagree with Lebron's take about media forcing a "narrative." Because the narrative would have been Lebron 17th season, but still MVP, on a mission to win a chip for Kobe and LA. .

Precisely. Regardless, the MVP/DPOY having a vacation at home while the more deserving guys are still fighting for a chip should put an end to the significance of this award from now on. Seriously why even reward regular season performance (which can be subjective as proven by the media) when everyone says the main goal of any player is the championship??
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

Precisely. Regardless, the MVP/DPOY having a vacation at home while the more deserving guys are still fighting for a chip should put an end to the significance of this award from now on. Seriously why even reward regular season performance (which can be subjective as proven by the media) when everyone says the main goal of any player is the championship??

Can we just call it the Most Valuable Player in the Games That Don't Count award and be done with it?
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Like I've said before...Kobe and Shaq each have one, and you never heard them whine about it. This reminds me of 1997 when Karl Malone begged the media for his one MVP, telling everyone that MJ gets it every year so why can't he have one. Weak!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Like I've said before...Kobe and Shaq each have one, and you never heard them whine about it.

Literally a link at the top of the page with a Kobe quote with him saying the same thing as Lebron.

Why is anyone surprised that hyper competitive guys are pissed about not winning something? Total nothing burger being blown way out of proportion....
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Waiting for "Lebron is forcing Giannis to the Clippers!!!" in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Like I've said before...Kobe and Shaq each have one, and you never heard them whine about it.

Literally a link at the top of the page with a Kobe quote with him saying the same thing as Lebron.

Why is anyone surprised that hyper competitive guys are pissed about not winning something? Total nothing burger being blown way out of proportion....

AD leads the Lakers in PPG, RPG, STL, BLK, FG% and FT%. If lebron was a good teammate he would have been campaigning for AD to get the MVP. If he had any respect for his peers he would have congratulated Giannis and moved on. Kobe has 1, lebron has 4. Like I said...Weak!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

Just off the top of my head. The NBA clearly wants Giannis to be the next face of the league, so what better way than to give him the MVP and DPOY, which will make the mass public think he's the next big thing.

That might make sense if the NBA just chose the winner. I can't imagine why the 120-something reporters voting for the award would care about that.

I mean, do you believe a reporter filling out his ballot is thinking, "Lebron deserves it, but I better vote for Giannis, because the NBA wants the general public to think he's the next big thing."
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

If the awards weren't significant, fans and players wouldn't be so upset when they go to the other guy.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject:

lol Colby Covington just called out Lebron James (and a lot of other ppl)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1453, 1454, 1455 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1454 of 2082
Jump to: