The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 148, 149, 150 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I've been saying for about 3 years that LBJ was going to slow down.

I've stopped saying that.

Same thing I've said in the past but not anymore. Seems that LeBron is aging gracefully.

Check these numbers out - since LeBron is only 14 games in this season, here are the stats of his first 14 game starts at age 25 (entering his prime), and at age 28 (the "peak" of his prime).

Quote:
LeBron Age 25:
23.5 - PTS
8.6 - AST
5.3 - REB
45.4% - FG

LeBron Age 28:
25.0 - PTS
6.5 - AST
8.9 - REB
53.7% - FG

LeBron Age 33:
28.1 - PTS
8.8 - AST
7.6 - REB
58.6% - FG

All of those stats are amazing on their own, but he's been better and even more efficient this season than even in his past "peak" years.

I haven’t seen him play this season so I can’t comment. But in the playoffs last season the drop off was defensively. At least now they have Crowder to guard KD so Lebron can rest defensively.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Same thing I've said in the past but not anymore. Seems that LeBron is aging gracefully.

Check these numbers out - since LeBron is only 14 games in this season, here are the stats of his first 14 game starts at age 25 (entering his prime), and at age 28 (the "peak" of his prime).

Quote:
LeBron Age 25:
23.5 - PTS
8.6 - AST
5.3 - REB
45.4% - FG

LeBron Age 28:
25.0 - PTS
6.5 - AST
8.9 - REB
53.7% - FG

LeBron Age 33:
28.1 - PTS
8.8 - AST
7.6 - REB
58.6% - FG

All of those stats are amazing on their own, but he's been better and even more efficient this season than even in his past "peak" years.

I haven’t seen him play this season so I can’t comment. But in the playoffs last season the drop off was defensively. At least now they have Crowder to guard KD so Lebron can rest defensively.

Neither Crowder nor Lebron have been good defensively. Forget Lebron as a defender if we get him.
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
LeBron Age 25:
23.5 - PTS
8.6 - AST
5.3 - REB
45.4% - FG

LeBron Age 28:
25.0 - PTS
6.5 - AST
8.9 - REB
53.7% - FG

LeBron Age 33:
28.1 - PTS
8.8 - AST
7.6 - REB
58.6% - FG

Neither Crowder nor Lebron have been good defensively. Forget Lebron as a defender if we get him.

thats where guys like ingram, kuz and even PG13 will come into play. he will play D when it matters
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Assuming they're still treading water by the all-star break, would OKC consider trading PG/Melo to the Cavs for Love, Shumpert, Korver, Frye and the Nets pick? Seems like a crap trade for the Cavs...

So maybe OKC realizes they can never go anywhere with Russ and gives up Russ + George with an additional Cavs pick coming back? Melo is guaranteed to opt out at that point. They could rebuild with a potential top 5 pick and rent out their cap space the next couple years.

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
If Path to Ownership is what's most important to Lebron, I can see him giving up some money to put him on the team that offers the greatest track towards that end. Like MJ, I'm sure he wants to be a part owner that can one day buy the team when that owner is ready to sell (or dies). So what teams fit this profile?

The Lakers? Do you see the Busses one day selling the team? Or even agreeing to sell the team? I'd imagine they'd have to get something north of 4 billion to sell. How would Lebron ever make that much money? And doesn't Phil Anschutz, who is already a billionaire, have right of first refusal? And how does Lebron bypass Magic on the Order of Succession here?

The Knicks? While I can see Dolan selling a minority stake just to bring Lebron there and restore some luster to a badly decayed franchise, again, it's hard to envision Lebron ever having the money to buy the Knicks. Even MJ only recently crossed the 1 billion dollar barrier. Lebron is going to make 4 times over that in the next couple decades? Doubtful. If he's going to be an owner, it has to be a small market team.

What small market team out there would be desperate enough to offer this? Whose valuation would be low enough that Lebron could afford it. The answer is CLEVELAND. Not only is Lebron's presence the difference between the Cavs making money and losing money, he effects the local economy. By pushing the Cavs so deeply into the luxury tax (even without Lebron's salary) Dan Gilbert can't afford to lose Lebron. The valuation of his team would plummet and turn into a money pit overnight. What if all these win-now moves, overpays of role players (some of them Klutch sports clients), the way-too-obvious interest in the Lakers, are all a leverage play by Lebron to set himself up as the next owner of the Cavs?

LeBron doesn't seem to want to be in the same room as Dan Gilbert though.

He wouldn’t have to be if he bought the team from Gilbert.

So if Lebron was able to buy the team and play on it at the same time.

Could he theoretically take a min contract and take out what he normally would get as dividends or hire himself as the most expensive Assistant GM in history?

Could save a buttload of money on the Salary Cap or add an extra MFA.
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
If Path to Ownership is what's most important to Lebron, I can see him giving up some money to put him on the team that offers the greatest track towards that end. Like MJ, I'm sure he wants to be a part owner that can one day buy the team when that owner is ready to sell (or dies). So what teams fit this profile?

The Lakers? Do you see the Busses one day selling the team? Or even agreeing to sell the team? I'd imagine they'd have to get something north of 4 billion to sell. How would Lebron ever make that much money? And doesn't Phil Anschutz, who is already a billionaire, have right of first refusal? And how does Lebron bypass Magic on the Order of Succession here?

The Knicks? While I can see Dolan selling a minority stake just to bring Lebron there and restore some luster to a badly decayed franchise, again, it's hard to envision Lebron ever having the money to buy the Knicks. Even MJ only recently crossed the 1 billion dollar barrier. Lebron is going to make 4 times over that in the next couple decades? Doubtful. If he's going to be an owner, it has to be a small market team.

What small market team out there would be desperate enough to offer this? Whose valuation would be low enough that Lebron could afford it. The answer is CLEVELAND. Not only is Lebron's presence the difference between the Cavs making money and losing money, he effects the local economy. By pushing the Cavs so deeply into the luxury tax (even without Lebron's salary) Dan Gilbert can't afford to lose Lebron. The valuation of his team would plummet and turn into a money pit overnight. What if all these win-now moves, overpays of role players (some of them Klutch sports clients), the way-too-obvious interest in the Lakers, are all a leverage play by Lebron to set himself up as the next owner of the Cavs?

Could he theoretically take a min contract and take out what he normally would get as dividends or hire himself as the most expensive Assistant GM in history?

its not possible.

its Jim Buss thinking, when he offered Kobe % of the team without knowing he can't do it
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

You can't be a part owner while you play for the team. It would have to be a wink and nod deal I think. But a deal like this is mutually beneficial for both Lebron and Gilbert in myriad ways. There's less pressure on Lebron and his "legacy" to win more titles if he's in position to become an owner. Gilbert wouldn't have to lose Lebron a 2nd time. Think how much money he stands to lose if Lebron retires somewhere other than Cleveland.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
levon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
LeBron Age 25:
23.5 - PTS
8.6 - AST
5.3 - REB
45.4% - FG

LeBron Age 28:
25.0 - PTS
6.5 - AST
8.9 - REB
53.7% - FG

LeBron Age 33:
28.1 - PTS
8.8 - AST
7.6 - REB
58.6% - FG

thats where guys like ingram, kuz and even PG13 will come into play. he will play D when it matters

I guess the Finals don’t matter
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:

.... take a L and move on
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
LeBron Age 25:
23.5 - PTS
8.6 - AST
5.3 - REB
45.4% - FG

LeBron Age 28:
25.0 - PTS
6.5 - AST
8.9 - REB
53.7% - FG

LeBron Age 33:
28.1 - PTS
8.8 - AST
7.6 - REB
58.6% - FG

Also need to consider that he's able to put up those great stats this season because he isn't playing any defense. He saves all his energy for the offensive side.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

He's also playing a ridiculous amount of minutes as the primary playmaker, hence the uptick in assists.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:

.... take a L and move on

Yeah, that’s what I thought
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Watching this Cavs-Hornets game, and my God, LeBron is an absolute monster. A freaking monster out there.

Boggles my mind that some people think that we shouldn't sign him if we had the opportunity. He's a top-5 player all-time, and I don't even like him. But one must be objective. He's downright beastly, still. Even when he starts to drop off, he's still going to be very good. It's a complete no-brainer to want him, if he's attainable.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is still a beast.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject:

If you want what's best for the Lakers and that is a chance to win another NBA Championship, you sign LeBron.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is saying Filayy right now.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

lebron would be an idiot to join the lakers over the sixers
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if that happens....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if that happens....

Let’s hope not.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I have zero hope that lebron joins LA

I do still think we can get PG
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I have zero hope that lebron joins LA

I do still think we can get PG

PG, Cousins and call it a day I guess. Two All-Stars but not Superstars. They will at least make us a second round playoff team, which is more than what I can say right now.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

PG and Cousins probably does get us to the playoffs, idk about second round that will be close

can we lock this thread though please mods

ty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Ugh you’d have to think lebron would be looking at Philly.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, you put Lebron on the 76ers and they will probably be going to the Finals every year until he retires. Plus since the 76ers core will around their prime years when Lebron is hitting 37/38+, he might even be extending his career.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Unfortunately, you put Lebron on the 76ers and they will probably be going to the Finals every year until he retires. Plus since the 76ers core will around their prime years when Lebron is hitting 38+, he might even be extending his career.

Whats Phillys cap? I thought I heard they have nowhere near the space and he'd have to take a pay cut to play with them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 148, 149, 150 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 149 of 2082
Jump to: