The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

how nuts would it be if they somehow did a crazy sign and trade thing with cleveland and got kevin love too
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:

thats where guys like ingram, kuz and even PG13 will come into play. he will play D when it matters

I guess the Finals don’t matter

.... take a L and move on

Yeah, that’s what I thought

another post that doesn't make sense, just like 99% of the other posts
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Unfortunately, you put Lebron on the 76ers and they will probably be going to the Finals every year until he retires. Plus since the 76ers core will around their prime years when Lebron is hitting 38+, he might even be extending his career.

Whats Phillys cap? I thought I heard they have nowhere near the space and he'd have to take a pay cut to play with them.

Philly is ranked 29th out of 30 teams in payroll...they only have 32 million in obligations next year compared to the 51 million that Lakers have.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Unfortunately, you put Lebron on the 76ers and they will probably be going to the Finals every year until he retires. Plus since the 76ers core will around their prime years when Lebron is hitting 38+, he might even be extending his career.

Whats Phillys cap? I thought I heard they have nowhere near the space and he'd have to take a pay cut to play with them.

Philly is ranked 29th out of 30 teams in payroll...they only have 32 million in obligations next year compared to the 51 million that Lakers have.

With Covington about to sign a 4 year, $62MM extension, Philly wouldn't have enough for a max to give LeBron, but, of course, they could do some maneuvering to get there if they had to.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

With Covington about to sign a 4 year, $62MM extension, Philly wouldn't have enough for a max to give LeBron, but, of course, they could do some maneuvering to get there if they had to.

That would put them around 47-48 million, still 3 million less than us unless we can get rid of Deng for an expiring contract.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Philly would only be $4+ mil short of having Lebron’s $35.4 mil max. All they would have to do is move one ending contract along with a pick.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

They're also looking at Embiid's deal sinking in after next season, re-upping Simmons/Saric too.

I think they eschew the big names and go for sensible role players like Avery Bradley. I think they think they already have 2 stars in hand.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
how nuts would it be if they somehow did a crazy sign and trade thing with cleveland and got kevin love too

Lopez for Love
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Lopez for Love

makes no sense
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Lopez for Love

I was talking about the sixers doing that
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Lopez for Love

I still thought Lopez for Love had a funny twist to it.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Rival Executives believe LeBron James is leaving and that the Cavs should put him on the Trading Block

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744177-im-still-in-win-mode-why-lebron-is-unstoppable-but-the-cavs-are-in-trouble

Quote:
James will be a free agent next summer and is noncommittal about his future. Team executives across the league believe he's leaving—though there's a palpable gap between belief and actual knowledge.

It leaves the Cavaliers franchise in a profound pickle: Do everything possible to win a championship now, trading draft picks for immediate help? Or retain all assets and plan for a post-LeBron future?

What if the struggles continue? What if Thomas' comeback sputters? Would the Cavaliers give up on what might be James' final season in Cleveland? Or would the Nets pick suddenly be in play?

"I think the pressure gets pretty high," said a rival team executive. "If it's not working, they should either move the [Nets] pick or Love or LeBron. Those should all be on the table."

Anyone else for a moment think that the rival executive in the article was Magic?

When I was reading that quote, it was Magic's voice that was in my head.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
2019 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Rival Executives believe LeBron James is leaving and that the Cavs should put him on the Trading Block

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744177-im-still-in-win-mode-why-lebron-is-unstoppable-but-the-cavs-are-in-trouble

Quote:
James will be a free agent next summer and is noncommittal about his future. Team executives across the league believe he's leaving—though there's a palpable gap between belief and actual knowledge.

It leaves the Cavaliers franchise in a profound pickle: Do everything possible to win a championship now, trading draft picks for immediate help? Or retain all assets and plan for a post-LeBron future?

What if the struggles continue? What if Thomas' comeback sputters? Would the Cavaliers give up on what might be James' final season in Cleveland? Or would the Nets pick suddenly be in play?

"I think the pressure gets pretty high," said a rival team executive. "If it's not working, they should either move the [Nets] pick or Love or LeBron. Those should all be on the table."

Anyone else for a moment think that the rival executive in the article was Magic?

When I was reading that quote, it was Magic's voice that was in my head.

Doesn't sound like his syntax
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Philly would only be $4+ mil short of having Lebron’s $35.4 mil max. All they would have to do is move one ending contract along with a pick.

Would be an awkwardly large lineup to go through a season with, not to mention the ball movement is a bit more than LeBron is used to. Doubt LeBron chooses Philly.

Admittedly big lineups can work at times, the Sixers have played Saric+Simmons+Embiid together ~19 minutes a game over the past 4 games, up from 10 minutes a game over their first 8 games. The trio's net rating has skyrocketed over the past 4 games, over which it has outscored opponents by 25-30 points per 100 possessions. Suspect the increased playing time has something to do with matchups, we'll know when Bayless comes back.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject:

If Covington signs this 62/4 deal, plus the Embiid 148/5 extension and Phila picks Holmes and McConnell options, their payroll will be around $85,9M next year.

They have Reddick, Amir Johnson and Okafor leaving and Stauskas is a RFA (his $5,1M is added above).

So, considering a cap around $101M, they have to free nearly $20M to be able to sign LeBron. That means keeping only Embiid, Covington, Fultz, Simmons, Saric, Holmes and, maybe, McConnell, depending on roundings.

Ed: I've made a little mistake in my calculation, forgetting Bayless. Now, I think it's right.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

76ers can theoretically do it, but I really think Simmons/Embiid want to push the "we are the Process" narrative and not be chained to LBJ.

Say they use their cap space to sign Danny Green to a 3 year 36m deal, fill 2-3 more backup spots, they would be incredibly deep. Plus, they have to start worrying about extending Simmons (no brainer max).
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

Philly is already going to be in the mix for ECF in the next couple of years with out LeBron if every gets/stays healthy.

Joel- All Star when he's playing no doubt about it, best center in the league imo

Simmons - Looks like he's going to be a stud, already good and he still can't shoot, once he adds that, he'll be pretty elite

At this point even if Fultz is just average they are already set, but assuming whatever weird stuff is going on with his gets sorted out, I think he's going to be a decent scorer in this league

So for 76ers I don't know if I'd spend on a LeBron, knowing I have the main things I need and I'm going to have to pay up to keep it together soon

And with them being in the East they don't really need an impact player to throw them over the top, they just need a short bit of time

Lakers

I think we have players who can potentially reach the level I think most believe Joel and Simmons will reach...Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, I think those three have that potential, but they haven't shown it consistently like the 76ers yet, but they've shown flashes...so on a team like that and being in the West going for a LeBron makes a lot more sense....because I don't believe the Lakers are thinking they are wedded long term to any of the players like the 76ers obviously/probably think about Joel and Simmons
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

Simmons and James would be an awful fit next to one another. James’ presence would stall Simmons’ progress, for sure.

Sixers have zero need for LBJ.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Simmons and James would be an awful fit next to one another. James’ presence would stall Simmons’ progress, for sure.

76ers have their LBJ.

Not that I think it would happen, but PG13 would make far more sense with that core.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
76ers can theoretically do it, but I really think Simmons/Embiid want to push the "we are the Process" narrative and not be chained to LBJ.

Say they use their cap space to sign Danny Green to a 3 year 36m deal, fill 2-3 more backup spots, they would be incredibly deep. Plus, they have to start worrying about extending Simmons (no brainer max).

Exactly, they can do it, but probably won't. I wouldn't.

Their championship window opens in 4 years (Embiid at 27, Simmons at 25) ans they likely have their #1 and #2 guys. Plus, Fultz, Saric and Covington can be, at least, very solid starters in a championship team.

They need to add some depth and they have 2 FA seasons to do it, before extending Simmons. It's not time to rush.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

LeBron has business interests in mind, Lakers are where he is heading. Question is who joins him
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

76ers have their LBJ.

Not that I think it would happen, but PG13 would make far more sense with that core.

Yep, Paul George’d fit that team like a glove. Too bad he ain’t from West Philadelphia.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

worst-case they could just significantly stagger lebron and simmons (assuming they won't play well next to each other which I don't think is a given, especially if they surround them with shooters)
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Lopez for Love

I still thought Lopez for Love had a funny twist to it.

Is Lopez for Love a reality tv? A sitcom?
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

Had sweet seats for the game on Wed and noticed Magic and Rich Paul getting buddy buddy.

https://preview.ibb.co/kO612m/IMG_3467.jpg
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 150 of 2082
Jump to: