The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1490, 1491, 1492 ... 2089, 2090, 2091  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Lmfao...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGOe9q9hzex/?igshid=i4nimg59i3h4
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

In case anybody forgot, this is what he posted on IG after Kobe's death:

Quote:
I’m Not Ready but here I go. Man I sitting here trying to write something for this post but every time I try I begin crying again just thinking about you, niece Gigi and the friendship/bond/brotherhood we had! I literally just heard your voice Sunday morning before I left Philly to head back to LA. Didn’t think for one bit in a million years that would be the last conversation we’d have. WTF!! I’m heartbroken and devastated my brother!! 😢😢😢😢💔. Man I love you big bro. My heart goes to Vanessa and the kids. I promise you I’ll continue your legacy man! You mean so much to us all here especially #LakerNation💜💛 and it’s my responsibility to put this (bleep) on my back and keep it going!! Please give me the strength from the heavens above and watch over me! I got US here! There’s so much more I want to say but just can’t right now because I can’t get through it! Until we meet again my brother!! #Mamba4Life❤️🙏🏾 #Gigi4Life❤️🙏🏾

The man not only signed with the Lakers when nobody else did and when he had no basketball reason to, but he doubled down and embraced the responsibility of leading us back to the top in Kobe's honor with open arms. He's expressed nothing but love and adoration for the franchise, its history, its icons, and the fan base from Day 1, and now he delivered on his promise to bring the championship back home. What more needs to be said? He talked the talk, and now he walked the walk. Dude has cemented himself as a Laker great, and it's time for all Laker fans to accept him as one. Built different, indeed.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

Quote:
I’m Not Ready but here I go. Man I sitting here trying to write something for this post but every time I try I begin crying again just thinking about you, niece Gigi and the friendship/bond/brotherhood we had! I literally just heard your voice Sunday morning before I left Philly to head back to LA. Didn’t think for one bit in a million years that would be the last conversation we’d have. WTF!! I’m heartbroken and devastated my brother!! 😢😢😢😢💔. Man I love you big bro. My heart goes to Vanessa and the kids. I promise you I’ll continue your legacy man! You mean so much to us all here especially #LakerNation💜💛 and it’s my responsibility to put this (bleep) on my back and keep it going!! Please give me the strength from the heavens above and watch over me! I got US here! There’s so much more I want to say but just can’t right now because I can’t get through it! Until we meet again my brother!! #Mamba4Life❤️🙏🏾 #Gigi4Life❤️🙏🏾

The man not only signed with the Lakers when nobody else did and when he had no basketball reason to, but he doubled down and embraced the responsibility of leading us back to the top in Kobe's honor with open arms. He's expressed nothing but love and adoration for the franchise, its history, its icons, and the fan base from Day 1, and now he delivered on his promise to bring the championship back home. What more needs to be said? He talked the talk, and now he walked the walk. Dude has cemented himself as a Laker great, and it's time for all Laker fans to accept him as one. Built different, indeed.

He really freaking did it.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

Quote:

Best post of the last 24 hours.

This is what a receipt should be.

#BannersOverBillboards
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

Quote:

PREACH
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
Season leader in assists.
17th season.
35 years.

13th all-NBA first team selection (16 total) - both records
11th top 3 MVP finish

Without a doubt one of the greatest players of all time.

He may just put us on his back for the next month and carry us to a title too.

^As posted by LakerLanny on August 13th.

Every one in a while I am actually right about something!

What a beast, he literally willed the team to a ring.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

Quote:

He freaking did indeed.

Dude our ALL TIME LAKERS team is absolutely ridiculous. You could go with any combination and it would result in a guaranteed win.

Magic Johnson - Jerry West - Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant - Elgin Baylor - Byron Scott
Lebron James - James Worthy - Jamaal Wilkes
Kareem Abdul Jabber - Anthony Davis - Pau Gasol
Shaq - Wilt Chamberlain - George Mikan

I guess we still need a 3rd string Point Guard?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Nick Van Exel or playoff Rondo!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
Season leader in assists.
17th season.
35 years.

13th all-NBA first team selection (16 total) - both records
11th top 3 MVP finish

Without a doubt one of the greatest players of all time.

He may just put us on his back for the next month and carry us to a title too.

^As posted by LakerLanny on August 13th.

Every one in a while I am actually right about something!

What a beast, he literally willed the team to a ring.

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Quote:

He freaking did indeed.

Dude our ALL TIME LAKERS team is absolutely ridiculous. You could go with any combination and it would result in a guaranteed win.

COOOOOP
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Megaton wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Quote:

He freaking did indeed.

COOOOOP

That’s an interesting idea. Have him there as an emergency to shutdown any troubling guards.

Within in the next ten years, our all time lineup will have hall of famers left out of the damn rotation!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Pinched from the Laker subreddit

https://i.redd.it/rqefy64buos51.jpg

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/j9trys/been_waiting_to_post_this_since_the_second_that/
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

“We’ve got more work to do,” sources said James told Davis during their celebration in the locker room.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/10/12/21513192/lebron-james-told-anthony-davis-weve-got-more-work-locker-room-while-celebrating-lakers-championship
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

One of my favorite parts of this whole wonderful experience is that it gives Michael Jordan another reason to feel insecure about his legacy.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
One of my favorite parts of this whole wonderful experience is that it gives Michael Jordan another reason to feel insecure about his legacy.

Next year he can release "The Last Dance part 2"
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I think you officially have to put him in the GOAT convo now. It's still MJ to me, but it's a conversation. Zach Lowe put it best: there's best Career and Best Peak. MJ had the higher peak, but Lebron will have the longer one and better career.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I think you officially have to put him in the GOAT convo now. It's still MJ to me, but it's a conversation. Zach Lowe put it best: there's best Career and Best Peak. MJ had the higher peak, but Lebron will have the longer one and better career.

When you're talking about champions at the top of their game

Cap
MJ
Russell
Kobe
Bron

All have the credentials. All dominated the NBA for 6 to 10 years.

Those 5 right there are simply unbeatable.

#BannersOverBillboards
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Cap
MJ
Russell
Kobe
Bron

Magic 9 Finals in 13 NBA Seasons,
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
mirak wrote:

Next year he can release "The Last Dance part 2"
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Cap
MJ
Russell
Kobe
Bron

...If Magic had not left the game so young...
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Megaton wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Quote:

He freaking did indeed.

COOOOOP

The depth at each position is jaw-dropping, indeed. Fish? Dunno, not even the best lefty. Good ol' Stumpy Goodrich has to make the top 15.

Wonder what Wilt would say about the Lebron-AD combo and the GOAT conversation. He wouldn't be shy, that's for sure. But he was honest too.

As for Lebron - the league is softer, but give the man his props.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Still one of my all time favorite Youtube videos. Remember it the day THE KING signed with us.

Came here when no one else did.

Came here without a 2nd star.

Came here to play in the west.

Came here and had one of the greatest runs in playoff history @ age 35.

Came here and averaged 30/11/8 while shooting 59% in the finals.

Came here a WON A TITLE in the purple and gold WITHOUT A SUPERTEAM when everyone else said he was coming to LA to retire and work on his movies.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject:

So much content on the internet, I finally made it through the actual press conference. I can’t believe how much Lebron loves Jeanie, Rob, and this organization. Lebron has never been this close with an owner or an organization before. Jeanie, like her Dad, knows how to treat Superstars. They’ve had a lot of practice doing so.

Lebron’s up there talking about how he’ll tell his Grandkids that he used to play for the Lakers. Now that’s special.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Cap
MJ
Russell
Kobe
Bron

Let me give you 3 starting 5's that are unbeatable, making them all Mt. Rushmore worthy.

1. MJ, Kobe, Bron, Russell, Cap - I feel like Bill plays HoF D and Rebounds

2. Magic, MJ, Kobe, Bron, Cap - The Ball Movement is Insane

3. Magic, Kobe, Bron, Cap, Shaq - If You want to go all Lakers

That top group has THIRTY-TWO completely independent championships. WOW.

My son said he'd love to watch the following team for the highlights playing 4 Out motion basketball.

Magic, Kobe, Bron, McGrady, Shaq - Could you imagine dumping the ball into Shaq and forcing a double team on him so he kicks it out, the ball swings, and at some point Kobe, Bron, or McGrady is going to get a runway for take off.

#BannersOverBillboards
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Quote:

He freaking did indeed.

First, if you're going to do it by position 1 through 5, Kareem is a center not a power forward. I don't think he played a single game at power forward in his entire NBA career. If you're using the argument that he could have played that position, then you can pretty much scramble guys any which way you want and not get so worked up about position.

Second, Elgin was really a forward, not a guard. He would generally be classified as a small forward, but in his day there wasn't really as strong divide between power forward and small forward, and point guard and shooting guard.

Third, if you're going to go back to Minneapolis days and include George Mikan, you could put in Slater Martin, who was a Hall of Fame point guard on the Minneapolis team. But I know some people don't think anyone before the 1960s other than Mikan counts. You could also include Norm Nixon or Michael Cooper.

Fourth, most people would include Gail Goodrich, another Hall of Famer, as one of our top shooting guards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1490, 1491, 1492 ... 2089, 2090, 2091  Next
Page 1491 of 2091
Jump to: