The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1491, 1492, 1493 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject:

Another Lebron trend...

Joined a borderline playoff Heat team - Won a title at year 2
Joined a lottery Cavs team - Won a title at year 2
Joined a lottery Lakers team - Won a title at year 2
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject:

LeBron is incredible! At 35, he still set up the offense, score, rebound, defense opponents’ best wing/guards. He could still do everything for a championship run. His condition, desire, skills, experienced are all incredible, amazing!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:52 am    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
I think you officially have to put him in the GOAT convo now. It's still MJ to me, but it's a conversation. Zach Lowe put it best: there's best Career and Best Peak. MJ had the higher peak, but Lebron will have the longer one and better career.

When you're talking about champions at the top of their game

Cap
MJ
Russell
Kobe
Bron

All have the credentials. All dominated the NBA for 6 to 10 years.

Those 5 right there are simply unbeatable.

Magic 9 Finals in 13 NBA Seasons,

...If Magic had not left the game so young...

He still had some elite years left in the tank when he had to retire that first time. With The Logo making power moves, it would have been a Lakers/Bulls rivalry for the ages.
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:00 am    Post subject:

The ultimate 35k points, 10k assists, 10k rebounds career triple-double milestone will be the icing on the cake. Simply the best all-around player ever!
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:07 am    Post subject:

It's funny, on Reddit Blazers and Heat fans were arguing about who is the better player Butler or Dame.

It made me laugh as these kind of arguments are beneath us as we have by far the best players in the world in King James.

It's good to be the Purple and Gold.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Another Lebron trend...

Joined a borderline playoff Heat team - Won a title at year 2
Joined a lottery Cavs team - Won a title at year 2
Joined a lottery Lakers team - Won a title at year 2

He didn't exactly join a borderline Heat team. The Heat basically got rid of that entire team, and LeBron joined up with Bosh and Wade.

So I see this more as spin than a trend
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
It's funny, on Reddit Blazers and Heat fans were arguing about who is the better player Butler or Dame.

It made me laugh as these kind of arguments are beneath us as we have by far the best players in the world in King James.

It's good to be the Purple and Gold.

Bron-Brow is 1 and 2 in league until someone prove otherwise but that Butler catching up to Dame $ argument is a good one tho
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

other than 2011 finals how the hell you can blame Lebron?

He shouldn't play at 2007 finals anyway, Cavs overachieved too much and Pistons dropped the ball at ECF.

in 2014 Wade was already past his prime and was shell of himself,

in 2015 he lost Kyrie and Love to njury

2017&2018 well that GSW roster wasn't fair at all.

So when you think about it, did Jordan win or even make the finals without Pippen? Nope he was always healthy, Horace was healthy and Rodman was healthy. When MJ returned in 1995, they couldn't beat Magic, why? beacuse they didnt have their 3rd star, they start to win once they added Rodman and Harper. Also could he beat a team like Jazz or Sonics if somehow they able to sign Shaq (like Durant)? Nope.

So blaming Lebron on final losses so dumb. I mean its like it would be better if he never reached those finals at stay 4 for 4.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

Best player in the world...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject:

He did exactly what he was brought here to do.

I don't think the goalposts move to "he has to win 2-3 more rings..."

Mission is accomplished for him, but knowing how motivated he is, he is hunting for more rings and the records that we once thought were unattainable (i.e. scoring record).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Mission is accomplished for him, but knowing how motivated he is, he is hunting for more rings and the records that we once thought were unattainable (i.e. scoring record).

He delivered no doubt.

I am impressed because I just didn’t think he could replicate 2018 playoff run. He didn’t need to though, AD stepped up big time.

Even 90% of 2018 playoff Lebron was enough with AD showing out.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He delivered no doubt.

I am impressed because I just didn’t think he could replicate 2018 playoff run. He didn’t need to though, AD stepped up big time.

He actually replicated his championship 2016 finals
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

He is THE ONE!! He single-handedly took the Lakers from mediocrity to legendary in two short years!! just two short years!!! Our franchise was in shamble. We were at the lowest of lows. And then HE appeared.

I don't want to crown him "the goat" just yet because if he considered himself the goat, then there would be nothing left for him to strive for.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He delivered no doubt.

He actually replicated his championship 2016 finals

I feel like he was slightly better then against a beast of a team.

But imo he was really good this run. Huge that playoff Rondo was able to alleviate some of those hard facilitator minutes.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:

He shouldn't play at 2007 finals anyway, Cavs overachieved too much and Pistons dropped the ball at ECF.

So when you think about it, did Jordan win or even make the finals without Pippen? Nope he was always healthy, Horace was healthy and Rodman was healthy. When MJ returned in 1995, they couldn't beat Magic, why? beacuse they didnt have their 3rd star, they start to win once they added Rodman and Harper. Also could he beat a team like Jazz or Sonics if somehow they able to sign Shaq (like Durant)? Nope.

So blaming Lebron on final losses so dumb. I mean its like it would be better if he never reached those finals at stay 4 for 4.

Wade was 32, Spurs had Duncan who was 37 and Ginobili who was 36. Parker was just 1 year younger than Wade. Kawhi was still young at 22. Youre right for 07, 15, 17 and 18. But for the injuries in 15, they got payback a year later with Curry playing injured, Bogut missing end of the series and Green getting suspended. With everyone healthy and available, i think Cavs win 15 and Warriors win 16, so thats still 1-1. From a narrative perspective, its better for James this way tho.

Rodman was no star. Neither was Grant. What they lacked in 95 wasnt a 3rd star but interior defense and rebounding. Jordan led the team in blocks that series with 1.8 a game (total of 11), Pippen was 2nd with 1.3 a game (total of 8). Rest of the team had 10 combined for the series. Pippen led the team in rebounds with 9.7 that series, Kukoc had 7 and Jordan 6.5. Next best was Perdue with 4.3. Longley had 2.7. And thats what Jordan meant when he said they didnt have Horace after the series with the Magic, and what they got in Rodman.

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

He won 2 championships with Miami, he won 1 championship with Cleveland, right now he has a chance to surpass those title numbers as a Laker, he will no doubt will always be remembered as a Miami Heat or a Cleveland guy but he has a chance to really expand his Legacy as a Laker.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
He won 2 championships with Miami, he won 1 championship with Cleveland, right now he has a chance to surpass those title numbers as a Laker, he will no doubt will always be remembered as a Miami Heat or a Cleveland guy but he has a chance to really expand his Legacy as a Laker.

Lets go one at a time. Hes still in great shape and we got a great shot at repeating, but things change quickly in basketball. We need him and AD to stay healthy for now, and worry about 22 next summer

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I thought it looked bleak for Lebron when he was in Cleveland during his last Finals appearance and Golden State basically dominated the Cavs which forced his hand to consider his options. He took a risk to come to the Lakers when they really had no running mate for him at the time. Lots of Laker fans thought he came to LA to make movies and not win a championship and thanks to some great moves during the past offseason due to Rob, Lebron has added another ring to his collection and the Lakers are once again in the title for next season in the conversation for another title.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I thought it looked bleak for Lebron when he was in Cleveland during his last Finals appearance and Golden State basically dominated the Cavs which forced his hand to consider his options. He took a risk to come to the Lakers when they really had no running mate for him at the time. Lots of Laker fans thought he came to LA to make movies and not win a championship and thanks to some great moves during the past offseason due to Rob, Lebron has added another ring to his collection and the Lakers are once again in the title for next season in the conversation for another title.

Good times to be a Laker fan, it’s gonna be a fun few years.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:

LeBrons epic choke job against Dallas in every 4th quarter?? Thats one you can't make an excuse for lol. But I agree with a lot of your points. I think if Bron wins 2 more, he's the GOAT. 1 more and hes finally in serious discussion for me and a lot of others that aren't LeBron stans IMO.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

There is something more on Lebron that makes me not just love him but
really appreciate him. The whole way he came here when nobody wanted, the way he embraced lakers legacy, the way he handled all these things from missing play offs to the tragedy of kobe, its like he said wake up lakersnation, you are the best franchise in sports history, i ll take you back to the top. And he delivered. What a man.What a leader. If i had a chance to see live an athlete maybe i would chose MJ. But if you ask me who s the one
you want besides you in the war , i would chose Lebron.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

I was skeptical for the Lakers' chances of benefiting this much, this quickly upon hearing the news of LeBron's signing here. I thought he was perched on a edge of a career precipice: healthwise, stat-wise, focus-wise. I thought he was about to go downhill and lose focus on basketball. His interest in entertainment media in town seemed to support that outlook.

Didn't go that way this year.

Last season's injury - his first significant one following a long, unparalleled stretch of healthy postseasons - seemed the first shot over our bow, a grim confirmation of my initial concerns. He was going to be not quite the player he was three or four years ago and had moved to a state of fragility going forward.

Didn't go that way this year.

I don't know how much effect the season's postponement, the off-time, and the bubble's isolation combined to his making way on this season's path, but I will admit to being really surprised. Shocked. He was able to propel this really weird roster of spare parts to a remarkable finish. For a group who couldn't shoot straight in November, wow.

Hats off to the Laker organization. Hats off to the players - both the added mid-season pieces and the guys on hand at the point of shutdown who on the whole brought enough juice. Hats off to AD, and his improved focus, call it "continuity" if you like. But ultimately, it was LeBron James who truly exceeded my expectations of any player of his age and floor mileage. For a guy who makes his living in this game in motion, LeBron James was incredible this year. In terms of leadership, effort, clutch play, physical domination of the opponent - name it. Quite remarkable stuff. I didn't think it possible of him. But I do now.

Go Lakers
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

WOOOOOOOOW savage tweet from NBAonTNT, poor Chuck

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1316048892144824321
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

It took a while for me to really warm up to LBJ after rooting against him for nearly 10 seasons plus.

But he's just built different. One of the few who was hyped up and more than lived up to it.
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Whether y’all accept him or continue to not accept him as a Laker, his overall legacy has been cemented. As of right now, the only players you can make an argument for being greater than LeBron are MJ and Kareem, but really it’s only, MJ.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1491, 1492, 1493 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1492 of 2079
Jump to: