The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1493, 1494, 1495 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
drae wrote:
So with Lebron's final year we'd have his bird rights

Does that mean we can re-sign him to the max regardless of how much room under the salary cap we have?

So does this mean he can opt out, Pelinka can fill our roster with other players, then re-sign Lebron to a max deal without that deal impacting our salary?

I was just looking at that... Looks like he has 4th year player option which would be huge for the Lakers to bring in more key players after next season.

Mwahahahaha ... we're going to be so deep in the luxury tax
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
And people here were hot and mad when we let Randle walk. Lebron and Randle take up the same space. Lebron on his worst day will always be better than Randle on his best. I doubt anyone is missing Randle now.

It wasn't about letting Randle walk or not walk, it was about getting nothing back for a lottery asset.

I'd say the issue was more than we didn't give him a qualifying offer, and keep our rights to match his contract offer. It was more about giving up our option for no reason.

Yeah and he could have been on a relatively affordable deal that would have been easy to move.

Assuming he still would have accepted the Pelicans offer and we matched, we couldn't have traded without his permission. He would have been an early bird candidate on a 1 plus 1 option year, which effectively gives a better veto power over trades.

So he would have been really difficult to trade unless we sent him to his preferred destination. Most likely, he would have declined any trade; declined his option; and become an unrestricted free agent.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
drae wrote:

Does that mean we can re-sign him to the max regardless of how much room under the salary cap we have?

So does this mean he can opt out, Pelinka can fill our roster with other players, then re-sign Lebron to a max deal without that deal impacting our salary?

I was just looking at that... Looks like he has 4th year player option which would be huge for the Lakers to bring in more key players after next season.

Mwahahahaha ... we're going to be so deep in the luxury tax

They don’t call him LeCalculated and LeGM for a reason...

The guy is a basketball genius on and off the court.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGWQjWbgPqV/?igshid=urj4okbvsnuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGWQjWbgPqV/?igshid=urj4okbvsnuy

Check his story... He watching the last dance...
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

No to retain Lebron's bird rights it means his cap hold counts the full max against our cap. Which is the "super max" since he is a 10+ year vet. You can renounce Lebron's cap hold, but you lose his bird rights and can only sign him with whatever cap room we have.

Same with Anthony Davis this offseason. Once he opts out of his 28mil deal his cap hold becomes 35mil. We still have his bird rights which counts towards the cap.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

<snip>

Assuming he still would have accepted the Pelicans offer and we matched, we couldn't have traded without his permission. He would have been an early bird candidate on a 1 plus 1 option year, which effectively gives a better veto power over trades.

So he would have been really difficult to trade unless we sent him to his preferred destination. Most likely, he would have declined any trade; declined his option; and become an unrestricted free agent.

I didn't initially want to get into the history and re-litigate this. I didn't mean just the contract/option time actions, I was alluding to the Lakers' own rather progressive and public devaluation of Randle. Asset management includes public promotion of your own draftees (as was done with Ingram, Ball) - irrespective of the actual physical capabilities of said player. There are always teams/GM's that are influenced by perception and may entertain trades that a more technically insightful GM would otherwise reject. (witness Billy King etc.)
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakeShowYo/status/1316575617274396672/photo/1
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“But also, LeBron James. What LeBron James said he was going to do when we were in his living room — myself, him and his agent Rich Paul — he said, ‘Earvin, I’m going to bring the Lakers back. I’m going to take us to the championship.’ Everything that he said he was going to do, he’s done just that. It was just great to know he was the centerpiece to bring us back.”

Yes.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

Not sure what we did to deserve Lebron James. He’s played for other markets and fanbases, but he wants to make Lakers Nation proud for some reason. No wonder why fans blog boys across the NBA landscape hate our guts. 😝
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Just heard Lebron had a better 2 point field goal percentage in the playoffs than anyone ever. Something like 62 percent

Wow!

It sounds like an impressive number alright, but keep in mind a little historical context.

Finishing at the rim has probably never been easier than in today's game. Running with the ball, palming it and tossing it to get underway, the jump-stop and the lack of contact allowed in the paint are effects which combine to make statistical comparisons a joke, at least compared to the play allowed in the 1990s and all seasons before.

To that point, I think I just heard Wilt Chamberlain's ghost muttering: "Yeah, but I'd have converted .750 in today's world. No one defends the guy with the ball today the way we were allowed to in my day. Me and Kareem and maybe Shaq would have converted .750, easy."

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

nice video ...

roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:
nice video ...

amazing compilation
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
Just heard Lebron had a better 2 point field goal percentage in the playoffs than anyone ever. Something like 62 percent

Wow!

It sounds like an impressive number alright, but keep in mind a little historical context.

Finishing at the rim has probably never been easier than in today's game. Running with the ball, palming it and tossing it to get underway, the jump-stop and the lack of contact allowed in the paint are effects which combine to make statistical comparisons a joke, at least compared to the play allowed in the 1990s and all seasons before.

To that point, I think I just heard Wilt Chamberlain's ghost muttering: "Yeah, but I'd have converted .750 in today's world. No one defends the guy with the ball today the way we were allowed to in my day. Me and Kareem and maybe Shaq would have converted .750, easy."

League FG% was highest in the late 80s and early 90s. Zone defenses and athleticism of players make team defenses much tougher now - almost every defender has to defend out to 26 feet - and the commitment to defense is much better now.
BunnyHop
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Wow!

Remembering Wilt being DOMINATED by both Kareem and Russell back in the day, I can assure you he would not thrive in the modern game.

Also Lebron is on the 2 point list 3 times in the TOP FIVE. It's not an easy stat to achieve...
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

Without googling online, guess which LeBron Playoff Championship numbers belongs to what year:

A) 25.9 points, 6.6 assists, 8.4 rebounds, 49% FG

B) 26.3 points, 7.6 assists, 9.5 rebounds, 53% FG

C) 27.6 points, 8.8 assists, 10.8 rebounds, 56% FG

1. One is from 2013 when LeBron was 28 years old and won a championship.

2. One is from 2016 when LeBron was 31 years old and won a championship.

3. One is this year 2020 with LeBron at 35 years old winning a championship.

Answer: 1=A, 2=B, 3=C
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Without googling online, guess which LeBron Playoff Championship numbers belongs to what year:

Insane. He’s getting better with age.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

I mean, his Game 5 was insane. I believe we have superstar LeBron for at least a couple of years.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

1. A
2. B
3. C

I swear I didn’t google! What do I win?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

From reddit:On May 31, 2007, LeBron James scored 25 straight points, and 29 of Cleveland's final 30 points, to lead the Cavaliers to a 109-107 double-overtime victory vs. the Detroit Pistons in the 2007 Eastern Conference finals.

Highlights:

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Didn’t make this but funny, LeBron’s album tracklist:

1. Washed King
2. 444
3. Moving goalpost
4. Up in smoke
5. Catching GOATS
6. Bubble Burst (clippers diss)
7. King Me
8. Made you (Kyrie diss)
9. Never Be Me (KD diss)
10. One for Kobe
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Wow, he's already back in the gym working out (with his daughter). I don't think anyone would fault him for taking a break to relax a bit.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/le-bron-james-already-back-in-the-gym-after-finals-win-shows-off-new-workout-partner-000516060.html
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
activeverb wrote:

<snip>

I didn't initially want to get into the history and re-litigate this. I didn't mean just the contract/option time actions, I was alluding to the Lakers' own rather progressive and public devaluation of Randle. Asset management includes public promotion of your own draftees (as was done with Ingram, Ball) - irrespective of the actual physical capabilities of said player. There are always teams/GM's that are influenced by perception and may entertain trades that a more technically insightful GM would otherwise reject. (witness Billy King etc.)

Rookie mistake by Magic. Rob should have known better, but it was Magic's show. But we won a ship so everything worked out. Better lucky than good right?
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I hope some of y’all “ISO-scoring” fans now see the bigger picture. It’s not just about scoring. I still laugh at people who try to say KD is equally as complete as LeBron as an overall “all-around” player. KD is arguably the greatest and most skilled SCORER ever, but he’s quite overrated in every other categories.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Wow!

Other guys have shot better.

Lebron shot 65.5% from 2-point. I believe that was third this year.

Robert Williams of Boston shot 77% and our own Dwight Howard shot 69%. They had many fewer attempts than Lebron but enough to qualify, I believe.

There have probably been 30 or 40 guys who have beaten this mark in other years. I believe the all-time record is held by Chris Anderson who shot 81% from 2s when Miami won the ring in 2013.

Maybe they meant he had the all-time record from 2s based on a certain number of attempts or some framing like that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1493, 1494, 1495 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1494 of 2079
Jump to: