The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1528, 1529, 1530 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

We got so lucky last year by avoiding the clips. Denver did us a huge favour. tbh don't even care we lose this year, we got #17
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
We got so lucky last year by avoiding the clips. Denver did us a huge favour. tbh don't even care we lose this year, we got #17

We can still do it but Bron and AD have to be at that MVP level play in playoff
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

Lebron's misses from three are worrying, hitting all back board and brushing the side of the rim. He went from regression to borderline yips.

This entire team needs an offensive exorcism
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Lebron's misses from three are worrying, hitting all back board and brushing the side of the rim. He went from regression to borderline yips.

He won't say it but tired old legs
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject:

I'm starting to blame Vogel for overplaying Lebron. Vogel is the head coach, not Lebron. Playing Lebron too many minutes in hopeless games is not good coaching. Also, lets see if we can force other players to step it up with both Lebron and AD out. I bet a few will.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

We were going to lose most of these games without AD/Dennis. It's malpractice to be playing him so many minutes. Vogel has to assert himself here and protect LBJ from LBJ. Maybe he's trying to gun for MVP (he's losing that case) or beat KAJ (will still take a few seasons), but he has to see the big picture. Even with a healthy AD, if LBJ is hurt, we have no chance.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

Lakers are stuck with their decisions. They have built their team around a player with over 60K career mins. They have built their team relying on a two star star system that has a few complimentary role players and a useless end of the bench.

But the system relies on James and Davis playing like stars. Anything less gives the results we are seeing. The role players are not suited to “take charge” their skillsets are to play off the stars.

Complaining about mpg is kind enough funny. This is the plan. James is the focal point. The team goes as he does. But part of that plan is based on him being the playmaker, the thunder dunks in transition and his drive and kick to open 3pt shooters. Not him settling for too many 3pt attempts and turnovers. Both at career highs this season.

The narrative has not changed. Get to the playoffs healthy. ( whatever that means ) and battle using defense, iso star play and vet experience.

We shall see if the plan works again this year. Because the blueprint isn’t changing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Lakers are stuck with their decisions. They have built their team around a player with over 60K career mins. They have built their team relying on a two star star system that has a few complimentary role players and a useless end of the bench.

But the system relies on James and Davis playing like stars. Anything less gives the results we are seeing. The role players are not suited to “take charge” their skillsets are to play off the stars.

Complaining about mpg is kind enough funny. This is the plan. James is the focal point. The team goes as he does. But part of that plan is based on him being the playmaker, the thunder dunks in transition and his drive and kick to open 3pt shooters. Not him settling for too many 3pt attempts and turnovers. Both at career highs this season.

The narrative has not changed. Get to the playoffs healthy. ( whatever that means ) and battle using defense, iso star play and vet experience.

We shall see if the plan works again this year. Because the blueprint isn’t changing.

Being "stuck" with 1 ring (so far), and two 1st team all NBA players is a problem I'll happily have. I think he will age fine. My specific critique is that without AD/Dennis, we have no hope against a string of really top tier teams. Why are we allowing him to play so many minutes?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Being "stuck" with 1 ring (so far), and two 1st team all NBA players is a problem I'll happily have. I think he will age fine. My specific critique is that without AD/Dennis, we have no hope against a string of really top tier teams. Why are we allowing him to play so many minutes?

Because he is the marquee leader of the team. It’s his role to lead this team every night.

Not arguing that a glorious but unexpected championship was not special. Lakers surprised me last year.

But this is a different year, different team, and frankly a different James.

Still an amazing player and arguably the best player in the League when he wants to be. But the Lakers are “stuck” with a team that apparently relies on him being the focal point. There are no other options.

The man carries a lot of weight on his shoulders because the team is built around his skillset and dominance. The team struggles when he is not “Lebron F’n James”. Even when Davis is in the lineup the pressure is on James to do what he does best. Be a playmaker. Their roster depth s still reliant on James.

I use the term “stuck” because the team has no other plan. They are invested in James and supporting James. That is not going to change. It is also the mentality that will continue to cost them games as they struggle with missed games, coasting , bad habits and settling from James and by extension the entire team.

I just hope either Davis returns ready to be an MVP or James has one more big run left. Because expecting role players to take the lead is not happening.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

I think most teams would love to have LBJ/AD. But he is being hard headed about insisting on playing these games. Not sure even Vogel has the gravitas to tell LBJ that he needs to view this season as an even longer marathon. Imagine how gassed he is going to be by playoffs.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Because he is the marquee leader of the team. It’s his role to lead this team every night.

Not arguing that a glorious but unexpected championship was not special. Lakers surprised me last year.

Still an amazing player and arguably the best player in the League when he wants to be. But the Lakers are “stuck” with a team that apparently relies on him being the focal point. There are no other options.

The man carries a lot of weight on his shoulders because the team is built around his skillset and dominance. The team struggles when he is not “Lebron F’n James”. Even when Davis is in the lineup the pressure is on James to do what he does best. Be a playmaker. Their roster depth s still reliant on James.

I use the term “stuck” because the team has no other plan. They are invested in James and supporting James. That is not going to change. It is also the mentality that will continue to cost them games as they struggle with missed games, coasting , bad habits and settling from James and by extension the entire team.

I just hope either Davis returns ready to be an MVP or James has one more big run left. Because expecting role players to take the lead is not happening.

FO did sign three 6thMOY caliber in DS/Trez/Kuz this off season, all three supposed to be able to generate their own offense while holding down their man.
Two 3-D in KCP/Wes and what we thought was a defensive stretch big in Gasol.
I like what the FO was going for this off season, these players need to step the F up
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I see this all too often and it's not really fair. If this team were built around Lebron, we wouldn't be one of the worst three point shooting teams in the league. Every star of Lebron's caliber has similar on/off numbers. We're missing AD and DS. Is there a worse combo of players to be missing at the moment?

I do agree that Lebron and co. haven't done a good job of utilizing our strengths. The offense has been very bad relative to our potential for 6 straight weeks.

Last edited by PenG_ on Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I'm starting to blame Vogel for overplaying Lebron. Vogel is the head coach, not Lebron. Playing Lebron too many minutes in hopeless games is not good coaching. Also, lets see if we can force other players to step it up with both Lebron and AD out. I bet a few will.

IF LBJ is little more interested or efficient, he wouldn't have been in a position to play those many minutes. Dude is playing horrible. Just admit and move on rather than blaming everyone else.

he has 4 ast, 4 Reb and 4 TO yesterday.
he is scoring almost 1 point per shot.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram seemingly disses LeBron James: 'I've never played with a player as talented as me'
(delusional)
Quote:
Eliot Clough ( a t ) EliotClough
Brandon Ingram on he and Zion having been All-Stars the last two years and being on the same team: "I've never played with a player as talented as me. He's a generational talent."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brandon-ingram-seemingly-disses-le-bron-james-ive-never-played-with-a-player-as-talented-as-me-180648153.html
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Brandon Ingram seemingly disses LeBron James: 'I've never played with a player as talented as me'
(delusional)
Quote:
Eliot Clough AT EliotClough
Brandon Ingram on he and Zion having been All-Stars the last two years and being on the same team: "I've never played with a player as talented as me. He's a generational talent."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brandon-ingram-seemingly-disses-le-bron-james-ive-never-played-with-a-player-as-talented-as-me-180648153.html

Did Brandon call himself a generational talent??
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

I'm consistent when it comes to this stuff. I blamed MDA for running Kobe into the ground and destroying his Achilles.

Player rotations are a coaches responsibility. End of story.

It goes both ways. If a coach doesn't play a player enough in the regular season and that hurts the team in the postseason. That's on the coach too.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:27 am    Post subject:

Brandon’s a good kid. Don’t think he meant anything with that statement. He barely played with Bron..I doubt he was even thinking about him. Please don’t let the media brainwash you.

As for Bron..not only should he be playing less minutes he needs to be sitting games here and there. I don’t understand this whole Ironman approach..we got this guy signed for a few more years and I don’t wanna see a Kobe Achilles part 2.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:47 am    Post subject:

36 years old coming off of an extended playoff run with a much shorter turn around while playing a more condensed NBA schedule and he hasn't missed a game this season. We should expect to see the Lebron of last couple games in the playoffs and we would get murdered if we don't load manage Lebron. It's like last year everything was working in Lebron's favor in order for him to have the energy to carry the team to a championship. This year, Lebron is still the same beast but a much tired one.

Well, if we keep this up until the playoffs, there's gonna be less than 0 percent we win the championship this year. I really don't care about the regular season games anymore. I only care if Lebron plays or not.

I think our only path to a championship this year is somehow finding a way to win without Lebron so we could actually rest Lebron extensively prior to the playoffs. Unless there's a big asteroid hitting the earth or a nuclear war or something, there's not going to be a nice 3-month break this year prior to the playoffs.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
(delusional)
Quote:
Eliot Clough _at_ EliotClough

Did Brandon call himself a generational talent??

Self-confidence is good but there’s a thin line between that and being obnoxious.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic to LeBron James: 'Do what you're good at,' stay out of politics

Quote:
AC Milan star Zlatan Ibrahimovic criticized LeBron James and others on Thursday for their activism in what the former LA Galaxy star called "politics."

Quote:
"[LeBron] is phenomenal at what he's doing, but I don't like when people have some kind of status, they go and do politics at the same time," Ibrahimovic said. "Do what you're good at. Do the category you do. I play football because I'm the best at playing football.

"I don't do politics. If I would be a political politician, I would do politics. That is the first mistake people do when they become famous and they become in a certain status. Stay out of it. Just do what you do best because it doesn't look good."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/ac-milan/story/4324640/zlatan-ibrahimovic-to-lebron-james-do-what-youre-good-at,-stay-out-of-politics

What a f’ing moron. Fighting for social justice and racism is a human rights issue. He’s a US citizen. He pays his taxes just like everyone else who isn’t a high profile person.

What this idiot said is so problematic that might chest is tightening. It’s the White male telling LeBron to shut up and dribble.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject:

BI just mad he’s not an all-star this year.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

He is getting sloppy with the rock.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

He should skip the All-Star game like Durant is doing.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

He is getting sloppy with the rock.

Load manage this dude, stat
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Leif wrote:
He should skip the All-Star game like Durant is doing.

Durant pretty much skipping most of the season so far....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1528, 1529, 1530 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1529 of 2082
Jump to: