The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1529, 1530, 1531 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

triple-double for LBJ tonight ...
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject:

In the pregame show last night, they show some interesting facts/stats. Lebron 3pt. shooting in Feb - 24%. In his last 5 games prev to last night - 16%

The real problem with that is Lebron is the Lakers most attempting threes with 6 + per game.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:46 am    Post subject:

Finally a good game
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject:

Tonight, for the 49th time in his career, LeBron led his team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals.

The next closest: Kevin Garnett with 29 games.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic to LeBron James: 'Do what you're good at,' stay out of politics

Quote:
AC Milan star Zlatan Ibrahimovic criticized LeBron James and others on Thursday for their activism in what the former LA Galaxy star called "politics."

Quote:
"[LeBron] is phenomenal at what he's doing, but I don't like when people have some kind of status, they go and do politics at the same time," Ibrahimovic said. "Do what you're good at. Do the category you do. I play football because I'm the best at playing football.

"I don't do politics. If I would be a political politician, I would do politics. That is the first mistake people do when they become famous and they become in a certain status. Stay out of it. Just do what you do best because it doesn't look good."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/ac-milan/story/4324640/zlatan-ibrahimovic-to-lebron-james-do-what-youre-good-at,-stay-out-of-politics

What a f’ing moron. Fighting for social justice and racism is a human rights issue. He’s a US citizen. He pays his taxes just like everyone else who isn’t a high profile person.

What this idiot said is so problematic that might chest is tightening. It’s the White male telling LeBron to shut up and dribble.

Both kings in their respective sports. I have more respect for LeBron as a good teammate. Zlatan alienates people who dont agree with him. I have more respect for Zlatan when it comes to being an alpha male. People would try LeBron knowing he isnt and never will be the ultimate alpha male like Jordan/Kobe....nobody would try Zlatan unless those people want to be smacked upside their head which literally happened.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

As much as I love Bron, I agree with Zlatan. Too often celebrities mistake "popularity" for "platform", asserting statements that are either untrue or needlessly divisive.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

James and other celebrities can use their platform anyway they choose. They have opinions just like anyone else. It is up to us as a society to judge and filter what they are saying, not just blindly accept because James, Springsteen or a Kardashian tell us to.

But lets be honest, it is selective at best. As a society we talk about athletes or celebrities have a right to use their platform. Until we disagree, then they are faced with the pushback. Imagine a conservative statement from a popular celebrity. And now imagine the boycott or statements of how "ignorant" they are by more popular celebrities. Some want to be in the spotlight, others do not. Some are educated on what they are talking about, others just influenced to puppet a viewpoint.

I respect the platform that celebrities have and use. I don't always agree with their stances. In James case, I respect his actions and what he does much more then what he says.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

I think it also depends on who you are. As a black fan I appreciate almost everything LeBron says and that he isn’t afraid of talking about the hard topics. It’s something that truly separates him from Jordan. Kobe also didn’t mind speaking up. Those who truly have a problem with what he says likely subconsciously want no change. As long as people continue to ignore the problem in America there will be no progress. What angers folks is that a mirror is finally being reflected back and it’s showing the ugliness in this country throughout many, many decades.
What is funny is that when you call them out for essentially saying “shut up and entertain us” they start backtracking. No, that’s exactly what you’re saying without saying the actual words.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Do people suddenly become immune to societal prejudices because they're an athlete? Or do they forget what they went through before?

I'm really tired of people telling black athletes what they can and cannot do. I've said it before and I'll say it again. To a lot of them black people are only entertainment, nothing more and nothing less.

Ironically, didn’t he retweet a post of Islamist anti Semite Rashid Musa, and tweet good take on that post. Was that not political?

when he endorsed a tweet of Rashid Musa, Rashid who refused to distance himself from Daesh, was that not political?

He can go cry me a river of not being political when he endorsed Rashid Musa, a man who has links to the terrorist organisation, Muslim brotherhood.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Clown ass mofo. They always wanna speak on the person, but not on what the person is speaking out against. That, they remain mute and stick their heads in the sand!
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1365659618488111107?s=21

Quote:
LeBron to Zlatan: “I never shut up about things that are wrong.”

💥
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:40 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
As much as I love Bron, I agree with Zlatan. Too often celebrities mistake "popularity" for "platform", asserting statements that are either untrue or needlessly divisive.

Or turn their backs on calling out evil countries who are committing human atrocities because they make $$$ with said countries.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject:

Imagine if people were only allowed to talk about work related things.

Zlatan should just be honest and say he doesn't like what Bron supports politically. If he did that, I'd at least respect him more for being honest.

I mean, is Lebron allowed to celebrate Taco Tuesday? He's a basketball player, not a food critic!

Such a stupid take.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Or turn their backs on calling out evil countries who are committing human atrocities because they make $$$ with said countries.

As much as I love Lebron as a player...this is spot on. I’ve been bugged with his social justice stances because of the hypocrisy when it comes to China.

For as much as he speaks out for issues going on here....FAR worse things are going on there. Their people are facing REAL tyranny, oppression and slavery. But no one speaks out about that when there’s money to be made.

Rant over. Just help us win more titles Bron.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

LeBron could actually speak up more about racism in sports. Has he criticized the NFL for only having 3 black coaches? Maybe he has; he did accuse NFL owners of being old white men with a slave mentality. But there needs to be more pressure from players to get NFL owners to stop hiring white people as coaches. 70% of the players are black.

Also, ticket prices for the most desired seats in both the NBA and NFL are pretty outrageous just because a few white billionaires care so much about making extra money. They are even more outrageous and completely unaffordable for minorities with low incomes. And they sell for more in the playoffs. People have even paid over $100k for courtside seats for NBA Finals games. Corporations sometimes buy the seats and give them away to executives and clients.

Of course, to a privileged white person, paying for the top 50% of seats in a stadium is often a minor inconvenience at most. But for poor minorities, it’s not even an option. It just goes to show that a lot of people still aren’t really free.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
LeBron could actually speak up more about racism in sports. Has he criticized the NFL for only having 3 black coaches? Maybe he has; he did accuse NFL owners of being old white men with a slave mentality. But there needs to be more pressure from players to get NFL owners to stop hiring white people as coaches. 70% of the players are black.

Also, ticket prices for the most desired seats in both the NBA and NFL are pretty outrageous just because a few white billionaires care so much about making extra money. They are even more outrageous and completely unaffordable for minorities with low incomes. And they sell for more in the playoffs. People have even paid over $100k for courtside seats for NBA Finals games. Corporations sometimes buy the seats and give them away to executives and clients.

Of course, to a privileged white person, paying for the top 50% of seats in a stadium is often a minor inconvenience at most. But for poor minorities, it’s not even an option. It just goes to show that a lot of people still aren’t really free.

Usually I agree with a lot of what you say but here I disagree with everything. First the white/black coach issue. I think everything should be a merit-based system. Similar to why the NBA and NFL became predominantly black from being predominantly white - because of merit: the black players were better than people from other races. Unless you can prove that meritocracy is not going on and owners are choosing inferior coaches just because they are white, this is a non-issue. It just sounds like affirmative action where (generally speaking) because there are a certain percentage of black and hispanic kids living in the US, a certain percentage of college spots should be reserved for kids from those races and the bar for admissions is lowered, nevermind the white and asian kids that are actually busting their ass and putting in the work to get top grades to meet artifically higher standards.

As for the owners, and ticket prices, if you were an owner, is that what you would do? The tickets are going to sell out anyways because of high demand so why would you artificially lower it to favor the poor when the tickets are going to be sold anyway??? I have never heard of a sports owner doing that and frankly its because its nonsensical. You hear it all the time: sports is ultimately a business. If a poor person cant afford tickets, tough watch it on TV....the view is probably better watching it from TV anyway unless its courtside tickets and nobody in business will lower prices for high premium items to make it easier for the poor.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
As for the owners, and ticket prices, if you were an owner, is that what you would do? The tickets are going to sell out anyways because of high demand so why would you artificially lower it to favor the poor when the tickets are going to be sold anyway??? I have never heard of a sports owner doing that and frankly its because its nonsensical. You hear it all the time: sports is ultimately a business. If a poor person cant afford tickets, tough watch it on TV....the view is probably better watching it from TV anyway unless its courtside tickets and nobody in business will lower prices for high premium items to make it easier for the poor.

I don’t have any sympathy for billionaire owners that value profits over anything else. These are the types of people that will find ways to pay fewer taxes so they can avoid paying their fair share. If they don’t like it they can sell the team.

Yes, sports owners will never do it because the super rich tend to get their way. Fwiw, they have more and better ways to make money than with ticket prices. But they want the extra money because the super rich never have enough.

Maybe there should be no billionaires.

I get the feeling you’re more conservative than most here from reading your post and I don’t want to turn this into a Republican vs. Democrat thing so I’ll just leave it at that.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

So... LeBron dunked on Zlatan

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1365549208795758594
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

I think that is ridiculous because the people whose job it is to give opinions often give the worst, and most divisive opinions. I think everyone has a right to give their opinion, and criticizing their right to give opinions is the worst argument against their opinions. I often see this criticism from those who can't argue the substance.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Jesse Owens says hi
https://images.app.goo.gl/qUXnMsCG73BcYm2i6
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject:

Bron been active on D but some of his passes kinda sloppy, Bron standard of course
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject:

His D was outstanding. On offense it was Dennis making the difference to begin the game. On D, it was Bron. When Bron plays defense like that, it is like last year, where the entire team feeds of it.

We are holding some damn good scoring teams to quite some low scores. Blazer 93. Warriors 91.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject:

Bron brings the D, we are good.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
His D was outstanding. On offense it was Dennis making the difference to begin the game. On D, it was Bron. When Bron plays defense like that, it is like last year, where the entire team feeds of it.

We are holding some damn good scoring teams to quite some low scores. Blazer 93. Warriors 91.

Yeah last two games he's been a menace in the passing lanes. Bron looks so relieved to be able to dump the ball to DS. Fun game to watch.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Lebron is not a politician, so he has no obligation to call out any country, but if he wants to speak up for his own race, and the social injustice happening in his own country, he should be respected.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1529, 1530, 1531 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1530 of 2082
Jump to: