The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

Here's a still photo of Lebron's dunk over Nuric last night.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/974699734156939264
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Nah yo. Jules/LBJ will be the modern day bash brothers.

bahahahhaha yasss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Lebron is headed to Houston this off-season. Only way this doesn't happen is if the Rockets win the championship. With the Warrior's injuries.. this could happen.

Reason why I think this is because if the Warriors beat the Rockets, the narrative would be that Lebron goes to Houston to put them over the top. That narrative doesn't work if the Rockets win it all.

I don't see Lebron coming here, even if Paul George comes here. The team would be 1-2 years away from seriously competing.

If he goes to Philly, they are a lock for the finals (don't bring up Toronto or Boston... please) , but he still doesn't have enough fire power to beat the Warriors or Rockets in the finals.

He can stay in Cleveland, but I don't see that happening unless they bring in a big FA.

Lebron is more concerned with stacking the deck in his favor, so that's why LA and Philly are out. Even if we get PG.

Houston is the clear choice here. A consolation to losing to the Warriors will almost certainly be getting LBJ.

IMO...

He's LeGone from Cleveland. I see like a 5% chance he stays and that chance rests in getting the #1 pick and then flipping it for a superstar. Which there are no superstars on the market and Dan Gilbert is not going to trade a guy like Ayton. He knows life after LeBron is coming.

Philly has always been a better fantasy than idea. The fit is terrible and why does he want to keep losing in the finals. The finals record would be a joke. Plus, he'd have to live in Philadelphia. How would Savannah and his kids feel about that?

Houston or Lakers. He's coming to one of the 2. Houston is the more logical win now destination but how much do they have to strip down to get him? No Capela, Gordon, Tucker and Anderson. Really it comes to Money. Can he find a way to keep Capela, add LeBron, then get Ariza back on the exception? If so, that lineup is better than GS: Capela/LeBron/Ariza/Harden/CP3. They'd get all kinds of cheap vets like JJ, Vince, Chalmers, Brewer, etc. Easily the best place to win.

If he comes here, hopefully it's because he believes in the style of play, the young guys, and Luke. I don't think we should strip the team down to please him. (Unless NO wants to trade AD for Ingram, Kuzma )
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Seriously, what more evidence do we need that he's slowing down?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
32 wrote:

Watching him not playing defense
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

Lebron has not slowed down on offense, in fact he may be at his all time best now.

He has taken a major drop on defense...he might play a little defense in the playoffs but still think that’s where his decline is happening.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
32 wrote:

Watching him not playing defense

Why do you want him then?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

He is still better than any player we have. We have players who can compensate for him defensively. As we saw with Kobe, who we brought in Ariza and Artest to cover for defensively, you can still succeed with players on the down side of their careers.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

There are plenty of players on other teams that we can "hide" LeBron on. He will play defense like Shaq. Only when we need it in the playoffs.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

Ty Lue... chest pains. If Cavs need new coach, LAbron is gone for sure
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
There are plenty of players on other teams that we can "hide" LeBron on. He will play defense like Shaq. Only when we need it in the playoffs.

Only it was in the Finals where he didn’t play defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Ty Lue... chest pains. If Cavs need new coach, LAbron is gone for sure

LAgone.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

Short and Sweet, Who does Lebron want to go to war with when he faces the Warriors?

Houston: CP3, James Harden, Capella? Will they have enough money to keep Ariza, Nene, Eric Gordon?

Philadelphia: Embiid, Simmons (is he gonna turn into a spot up shooter?)

Los Angeles: Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Randle?, Possibly Paul George.

Pretty much all I’ve been talking about on a daily at work

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Saw this comment on YouTube about Lebron on YouTube and thought it was interesting:

Quote:
"The LeBron system is basically this: If you're not named LeBron, space out around the 3 point line so that LeBron can go 1 on 1 driving to the basket. Be ready to catch and shoot anytime LeBron feels like kicking it out to you. If you have the ball and aren't an iso god, you'll probably notice a lack of proper spacing, that's because LeBron is resting at the top of the key or near half court, don't expect a screen from him, so the only option most of the time is to give the ball back to LeBron and space out. Anyone not named LeBron will probably always be out of rhythm since you won't get to dribble / shoot until he feels like letting you. If you're a PF you drew the short straw since now you are expected to be a knockdown shooter and as agile as a SG on the perimeter while being able to dominate in the post like you did before. This is because LeBron wants rebounds, and spacing, so learning the 3 ball is what doomed you to this fate of always being blamed. Even though everything hinges on LeBron, it can never be his fault."

Thanks for sharing this my brotha. I tend to agree. I know there's a lot of hope by some that he's growing increasingly more aware of his limitations and the need to make alterations accordingly but that's going to take some serious doing to see that through. Maybe he bends a little? We'll see.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Lebron has not slowed down on offense, in fact he may be at his all time best now.

He has taken a major drop on defense...he might play a little defense in the playoffs but still think that’s where his decline is happening.

He can stop guys when he wants to, right now Cleveland is a mess.

His coast to coast rebound and dunk over the Bucks last night was vintage.

Rumors of his demise are GREATLY exaggerated, it is arguable that he is still the best player in the league.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Notable usage rates:

6 Bin Harden
8 Russ
9 Boogie
11 LBJ
23 Chef Curry
24 KD
39 IT
65 PG13
66 Ju
90 Brook Lopez
102 Klay
130 Kuz
134 BI
270 Zo
272 Draymond

LINK

We all know LBJ dominates the rock. He has the 11th highest usage rate in the league. Besides his mileage, I'm (somewhat) worried about his willingness to play off the ball in Luke's offense.

Outside of Chef and KD, the Dubs players usage rates are quite low. Zo and Draymond lead the Lakers and Dubs in assists, but look how low their usage is.

Obviously, if you can get LBJ you do it. I just don't want him to dominate the ball like he's done for 15 years in Luke's offense. In certain situations, sure, but we have capable playmakers already in place to help him shoulder the load.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Notable usage rates:

6 Bin Harden
8 Russ
9 Boogie
11 LBJ
23 Chef Curry
24 KD
39 IT
65 PG13
66 Ju
90 Brook Lopez
102 Klay
130 Kuz
134 BI
270 Zo
272 Draymond

LINK

We all know LBJ dominates the rock. He has the 11th highest usage rate in the league. Besides his mileage, I'm (somewhat) worried about his willingness to play off the ball in Luke's offense.

Outside of Chef and KD, the Dubs players usage rates are quite low. Zo and Draymond lead the Lakers and Dubs in assists, but look how low their usage is.

Obviously, if you can get LBJ you do it. I just don't want him to dominate the ball like he's done for 15 years in Luke's offense. In certain situations, sure, but we have capable playmakers already in place to help him shoulder the load.

But do you honestly think he'd prefer to wear himself out by carrying the load at this stage of his career? Personally, I think he would welcome the opposite. The treasure chest of playmakers this Laker team would have (along with George if he comes) is a selling point from the Lakers' perspective. I don't see why LeBron wouldn't see it that way.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Notable usage rates:

6 Bin Harden
8 Russ
9 Boogie
11 LBJ
23 Chef Curry
24 KD
39 IT
65 PG13
66 Ju
90 Brook Lopez
102 Klay
130 Kuz
134 BI
270 Zo
272 Draymond

LINK

But do you honestly think he'd prefer to wear himself out by carrying the load at this stage of his career? Personally, I think he would welcome the opposite. The treasure chest of playmakers this Laker team would have (along with George if he comes) is a selling point from the Lakers' perspective. I don't see why LeBron wouldn't see it that way.

I would hope so. It could extend his career.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Judah wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Notable usage rates:

6 Bin Harden
8 Russ
9 Boogie
11 LBJ
23 Chef Curry
24 KD
39 IT
65 PG13
66 Ju
90 Brook Lopez
102 Klay
130 Kuz
134 BI
270 Zo
272 Draymond

LINK

I would hope so. It could extend his career.

Exactly. If his defense is slowing down, I would imagine that carrying less of the load offensively would give him more energy to play defense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Look at the Cavs now. Who else is consistently a star level scoring threat? Irving was a good pairing.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Look at the Cavs now. Who else is consistently a star level scoring threat? Irving was a good pairing.

I'm not totally convinced Gilbert is willing to pay the price tag to keep LeBron. It probably involves a $200 million deal, trading the pick for a player, resigning Hill and spending the next couple years in the repeater tax. The market is going to want a lot to purge salary this year and other than the BRK pick they don't have much in the way of assets.

These things tend to have gone on longer than people realize. Gilbert was looking to move Kyrie for a pick before he requested a trade. The request and the well publicized reluctance of James to commit gave Gilbert cover to look towards the rebuild. Griffin was in the middle of trying to pull it back together and Gilbert let him go. When it came out that Thomas might not fully recover this year LeBron wanted them to call off the deal. They didn't.

A lot has been made of whether LeBron decides to leave but Dan has already moved on.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Anybody who thinks that Houston is a good fit for Lebron, from a basketball fit perspective, knows nothing about basketball.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Anybody who thinks that Houston is a good fit for Lebron, from a basketball fit perspective, knows nothing about basketball.

An elite scorer that takes 41% of his shots at the rim and 26% of his shots from behind the arc is a bad fit for a team that likes to take nothing but shots at the rim, free throws and 3-pointers.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Houston plays iso ball, Bron would fit right in.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

An elite scorer that takes 41% of his shots at the rim and 26% of his shots from behind the arc is a bad fit for a team that likes to take nothing but shots at the rim, free throws and 3-pointers.

He's obviously a good fit for any team. He's one of the five greatest players to ever play professional basketball. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 166 of 2086
Jump to: