The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1656, 1657, 1658 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Can someone explain to me why James is in the game at the beginning of the fourth when the team is down 25 pts and not playing any defense?

I really don’t want to hear any more about overplaying James or the load management narrative? Useless mpg in lost games, seriously?

Those stats don’t get themselves

This. That is the only reason. None of that BS about "logging game minutes together."

Bron keeps saying the process is for the long term of this season. Then why not be aware of staying healthy instead of risking injury in a game that was already out of reach?

This season is so eerily similar to 12-13. Old team with championship hopes and Kobe was setting the league on fire in year 17, only overworking just to be an average team.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
He is on a TEAR.

Knock on wood, but let's hope he actually doesn't tear anything. This is too similar to 12-13 Kobe. Seemed invincible against father time until the achilles happened.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
He is on a TEAR.

Knock on wood, but let's hope he actually doesn't tear anything. This is too similar to 12-13 Kobe. Seemed invincible against father time until the achilles happened.

Why put this out there in the universe? I hope nothing happens to Bron.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
He is on a TEAR.

We all hope nothing happens to James or any of our players.

But this situation is James choosing to put himself in that position. He chose to be out there. I would love to think it was him being ultra competitive but then he goes out there for an emphatic dunk and follows it up with no effort on defense and chooses not to close out on a 3pt corner shot. Net result: -1

Why was he out there in the fourth? Or any of the starters? This team culture is so f’d up!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject:

I’m so proud that this guy is representing what playing for the Lakers should mean.. a few players like Westbrook and others should take notice.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
He is on a TEAR.

But this situation is James choosing to put himself in that position. He chose to be out there. I would love to think it was him being ultra competitive but then he goes out there for an emphatic dunk and follows it up with no effort on defense and chooses not to close out on a 3pt corner shot. Net result: -1

Why was he out there in the fourth? Or any of the starters? This team culture is so f’d up!

They are trying to win. I understand it may not be suitable for Bron to do or be in at certain times. To be honest, we would be getting smoked, if Bron wasn't out there, unless Vogel gives Reaves the green light, which he won't, will if he is smart, but I don't like putting injury out there, even though I know the nature of the game.

I also, understand that this may have been Bron's project that is failing, which makes me question his numbers. He said he is a numbers guy and wanted to add Westbrook, but the numbers don't add up in a efficient way with Bron and AD. Not from a basic or advanced analytical stand point. He only looked at "averaged triple double" and then said "go after Westbrook." He may have been trying to do what know other star could do and that is win it all with Westbrook. Not looking good so far.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m so proud that this guy is representing what playing for the Lakers should mean.. a few players like Westbrook and others should take notice.

Agreed. I hope the others step up too. Last night most were M.I.A.
LBJ needs help, he can't do it by himself.

Since Christmas LeBron has been playing spectacular basketball. He's like a fine wine; we are witnessing basketball greatness.

If LBJ maintains anywhere near this level of play, once AD returns, we should go on a nice run. Once in the play-offs anything can happen.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:23 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

He does represent current ownership. Put on a good show and keep the revenue and profits up. If lucky we might advance in the playoffs.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
He is on a TEAR.

They are trying to win. I understand it may not be suitable for Bron to do or be in at certain times. To be honest, we would be getting smoked, if Bron wasn't out there, unless Vogel gives Reaves the green light, which he won't, will if he is smart, but I don't like putting injury out there, even though I know the nature of the game.

I also, understand that this may have been Bron's project that is failing, which makes me question his numbers. He said he is a numbers guy and wanted to add Westbrook, but the numbers don't add up in a efficient way with Bron and AD. Not from a basic or advanced analytical stand point. He only looked at "averaged triple double" and then said "go after Westbrook." He may have been trying to do what know other star could do and that is win it all with Westbrook. Not looking good so far.

Of course none of us want anything to happen to him, but he's putting himself in a position where something could. Playing in the fourth quarter when the game is out of reach in year 19 is just a part of it. Bron is exerting so much energy too early in the season. The whole point of acquiring RW was to lessen the load for Bron. If your point about Bron trying to win it all with RW because no other star could holds any weight, then I am very disappointed in him for wrecking this team. However, I don't believe that was his angle. I believe he and AD thought they could make this work, which is what is so puzzling.

The Lakers are only afloat because of LeBron. That is a problem.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He does represent current ownership. Put on a good show and keep the revenue and profits up. If lucky we might advance in the playoffs.

This is the perception at least. I think this is a reflection of Jeanie rather than the FO.
MDI
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject:

Lebron playing no defense last night

There's a reason why he was team worst -30 yesterday

He's doing the same thing that Westbrook gets accused of...stat-padding. Vogel is not calling him out
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/dom_2k/status/1480629972297527296?s=21

LeGM is not happy.

Seems to be a common theme w/r/t who he wants on the team.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

LeGM is not happy.

well, he wanted Westbrook, so he needs to live with it. i mean teams got blown out occasionally. Suns were blown out at home by a heat team without Butler and Bam. warriors lost to NOP, Nets had some terrible losses recently as well. the team has been on a good shooting run, so it was bound to be a bump somewhere. Malik and Avery cooled down last night. hope they correct it soon.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
In 271 minutes with Russell Westbrook on the floor and LeBron James playing center, the Lakers have a 120.7 offensive rating (1st in NBA history) and play at a 67-15 pace.

Obviously this is a little skewed because of the competition, but it still is notable in the sense that the Lakers advantage on the rest of the NBA is LBJ at the 5.

I’m actually coming around to the idea of having AD play the 4 and be more of a wing/perimeter defender with Lebron continuing to play free safety and using his basketball iq to read the passing lanes.

This depends on if AD can get his jump shot back. Otherwise, teams will just left him open on offense. That 271 minutes stats is crazy because Russ has been terrible from the field, but he did gets other people involved including lebron himself. I wouldn’t read too much into it other than it would be better to let Russ run the offense in the first 3 quarters and save lebron to close game out. He might be goat, but he is still 37. Russ does a fine job distributing the ball, and what he needs is to cut down the TOs

Stanley's jumpshot is awful. However it's worked. AD plays just as good defense as Stanley and better rim protection, better rebounds. On offense, take the same open 3s Stanley is getting, just you can fake the 3 and do a lot of driving as you've got a 6'11 C with guard skills. You just keep the paint open. That's the key. Let Bron/WB draw the attention inside, then MOVE off the 3 point line and cut towards the basket to get in either A) Rebound position B) a situation where Bron/WB can throw a lob to you or pass to you for a high percentage look under etc.

The key to all of it is how AD approaches his off the ball movement. Yet start off at the 3 point line, take some 3s to keep the defenses honest. After that, MOVE towards the paint. I've already seen the team get way better at this. This is not October/November. Our offense with Bron/WB has improved a lot in terms of the cutting, off the ball movement and where Bron/WB attack from. It all begins with an open paint. All 5 dudes out to begin.

And defensively. Man, AD has to just go for that DPOTY level D. What we need is 10-12 boards, elite rim protection, a lot of switching onto smalls on D and getting the smalls to take tough jumpshots.

i don't know about you, but i got nervous everytime AD drives to the basket.. he is missed for those lobs and obviously offense /defense rebounding. the key will always be his open jump shots.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

LeGM is not happy.

Lol do you work for a tabloid?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James Is Still Amazing

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/265402/LeBron-James-Is-Still-Amazing
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Can someone explain to me why James is in the game at the beginning of the fourth when the team is down 25 pts and not playing any defense?

I really don’t want to hear any more about overplaying James or the load management narrative? Useless mpg in lost games, seriously?

The simple answer may be: The Lakers always start James in the 4th quarter no matter how many points they are behind. They pull him after 4 to 6 minutes if it's obvious they have no chance of mounting a comeback.

He played 4 minutes in the 4th quarter in that last game. At this point, I don't think science can tell us whether not playing him those 4 minutes would have provided any meaningful benefit. You can also argue that fans pay a lot of money to go to games so they are entitled to see the stars play for a sufficient amount of time
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

The simple answer may be: The Lakers always start James in the 4th quarter no matter how many points they are behind. They pull him after 4 to 6 minutes if it's obvious they have no chance of mounting a comeback.

He played 4 minutes in the 4th quarter in that last game. At this point, I don't think science can tell us whether not playing him those 4 minutes would have provided any meaningful benefit. You can also argue that fans pay a lot of money to go to games so they are entitled to see the stars play for a sufficient amount of time

I heard Lebron say (and on Lakers Film Room podcast) that the team is trying to alter as little as possible the rotations, strategies, minutes etc as if AD were playing. This of course will lead to losses playing as if AD was in the lineup when he isn’t but the logic is that integrating AD when he gets back will be easier this way.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

You mean fans aren't satisfied with watching good teams outwork and mock our Lakers on the home court?

Also, the "fans are entitled to see the stars" argument has long left the arena. Load Management is apparently an accepted and even desired strategy with the stars these days.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Seasons averaging 25-plus points per game

18 - LeBron James
17 -
16 -
15 -
14 -
13 - Kevin Durant
12 - Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone

this is crazy
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

I strongly disagree with the fans being entitled. Buying tickets to any event comes with risks, be it Broadway, sports or musical events. That is why I haven’t bought Laker tickets in years, I last spent a lot of money on tickets and parking and the Shaq/Kobe team stunk up the joint. Never again.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is the perception at least. I think this is a reflection of Jeanie rather than the FO.

There is no difference
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:

I strongly disagree with the fans being entitled. Buying tickets to any event comes with risks, be it Broadway, sports or musical events. That is why I haven’t bought Laker tickets in years, I last spent a lot of money on tickets and parking and the Shaq/Kobe team stunk up the joint. Never again.

Certainly that's a risk you take when you buy a ticket. That said, the NBA is entertainment, and it doesn't make sense to disappoint fans by sitting the stars they pay to see.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:42 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

LeGM is not happy.

No. What I see is Russ talking to Lebron and Lebron isn’t even looking his way.

But again, Lebron can’t be mad. He wanted Russ like he wanted JR, etc.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

LeGM is not happy.

No. What I see is Russ talking to Lebron and Lebron isn’t even looking his way.

But again, Lebron can’t be mad. He wanted Russ like he wanted JR, etc.

LeBron defended Russ after the game yet again. It’s a big leap to assume that LeBron is upset at a guy he keeps heaping praise on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1656, 1657, 1658 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1657 of 2082
Jump to: