The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Anybody who thinks that Houston is a good fit for Lebron, from a basketball fit perspective, knows nothing about basketball.

An elite scorer that takes 41% of his shots at the rim and 26% of his shots from behind the arc is a bad fit for a team that likes to take nothing but shots at the rim, free throws and 3-pointers.

He's obviously a good fit for any team. He's one of the five greatest players to ever play professional basketball. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Agreed. I just thought it was funny because he's arguably a perfect fit for that system. If Mike D could go in the lab and create a PF it would be LeBron, and that's with him using his old 7 seconds or less system or the slow pace, iso-ball that Houston is using now. There is arguably no better player in the league for his system than LeBron.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Anybody who thinks that Houston is a good fit for Lebron, from a basketball fit perspective, knows nothing about basketball.

An elite scorer that takes 41% of his shots at the rim and 26% of his shots from behind the arc is a bad fit for a team that likes to take nothing but shots at the rim, free throws and 3-pointers.

He's obviously a good fit for any team. He's one of the five greatest players to ever play professional basketball. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Agreed. I just thought it was funny because he's arguably a perfect fit for that system. If Mike D could go in the lab and create a PF it would be LeBron, and that's with him using his old 7 seconds or less system or the slow pace, iso-ball that Houston is using now. There is arguably no better player in the league for his system than LeBron.

The way he was talking about Luke after the Lakers beat the Cavs, he had a lot of glowing things to say about the way the Lakers' offensive philosophy is to move and share the ball and to push the pace. I mean, we were having a lot of success with Ingram running the show as a point forward when Lonzo was out, and if LeBron were doing that, it would just get ratcheted up in terms of efficiency. He would be a great fit for Luke, and he would be a great fit for D'Antoni. The issue for Houston is if they can make it work logistically. I mean, the Warriors are showing cracks right now. If Houston wins the NBA title, should they even want LeBron? I mean that sincerely, because they would have to give up virtually their entire depth to make it happen. There might be an obvious argument to just keep the team together. And that says nothing of the fact that LeBron might not feel it's the best move, legacy-wise, to join up with the NBA champions.

Anyway, I do think it's going to come down to the Lakers or the Rockets, and I think the likelihood of his returning to the Cavs is probably less than 20%. And I'm probably being generous with that number.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

3 Ball dominant players on the same team. I read an article about Lebron being a bad fit on the Lakers because his ball dominant ways would take the ball out of Lonzo's hand and stunt his growth. Houston has 2 Ball dominant players already and you alll think adding Lebron is a good fit? Ok, smh.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

Right LeBron just would haaaate to play on a team with 2 other all-stars, the best shooting guard in the league and a team that wants to do nothing but shoot threes and hang on the perimeter

Rockets are a perfect fit for LeBron tbh.

"LeBron doesn't want ball dominant guys!"

Yep.. as if he doesn't miss the heck out of Kyrie right now
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

I've yet to see any creative scenarios in wich LeBron ends up in Houston. I know Morey's good, but it seems virtually impossible so far.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
I've yet to see any creative scenarios in wich LeBron ends up in Houston. I know Morey's good, but it seems virtually impossible so far.

its basically S&T for some combination of Anderson/Eric Gordan/ picks
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
trablos wrote:

Wow. I know Cleveland has to pay a massive tax bill. If I were the owner, I don't think I could stomach paying a penalty for the sake of taking on that poopoo platter. Better off letting Bron walk and clearing salary.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

Lebron going to Houston means Harden would have to be okay with the ball being out of his hands 75% of the time and being a glorified spot up shooter. And i have trouble believing they would be better when you have two stars who dont play defense during the regular season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

Harden and Paul were never going to work if they had to share the ball, now they have the best record in the league. MDA knows a lot more about offense than posters here.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Lebron going to Houston means Harden would have to be okay with the ball being out of his hands 75% of the time and being a glorified spot up shooter. And i have trouble believing they would be better when you have two stars who dont play defense during the regular season.

The only reason why Houston is mentioned is because there a up and coming team in the WC so they think LeBron would want to make them stronger to take down the Warriors
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

The only reason why Houston is mentioned is because there a up and coming team in the WC so they think LeBron would want to make them stronger to take down the Warriors

Based on what I have seen this season, I have the rockets taking out the Warriors. The Warriors just don’t seem to have it this season after multiple deep playoff runs.

Max Kellerman brought up a great stat, the Rockets fully healthy have lost ONE game all year. Something like 35-1 or 36-1.

The obvious counterpoint is playoff CP3 gets hurt and playoff Harden has a rep, but I think it’s more about GSW just not being that invincible juggernaut of last season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

No, the reason they are being mentioned is because Lebron and Paul have said they want to play together.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

No, the reason they are being mentioned is because Lebron and Paul have said they want to play together.

And I’m sure he would also like to play with Paul George, Rockets would be losing quite a few valuable assets just to make room for LeBron... Lakers won’t need to clear the deck to sign LeBron... Houston does... so I’m not sure how much Morey is willing to mess with that considering Houston can win against the Warriors even without LeBron.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

Based on what I have seen this season, I have the rockets taking out the Warriors. The Warriors just don’t seem to have it this season after multiple deep playoff runs.

Max Kellerman brought up a great stat, the Rockets fully healthy have lost ONE game all year. Something like 35-1 or 36-1.

The obvious counterpoint is playoff CP3 gets hurt and playoff Harden has a rep, but I think it’s more about GSW just not being that invincible juggernaut of last season.

The Rockets this year remind me of the 2009 Lakers team, great unity and chemistry and they enjoy playing with each other... yeah I wouldn’t be shocked 1 bit if the Rockets go all the way.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
trablos wrote:

It's a bit easier a CP3-like trade, with LeBron opting in, while they send Anderson and Gordon. They need a bunch of picks to go with and a 3rd team who would absorb Anderson (Cavs already have Love), like Atlanta, Dallas or Chicago.

For the Cavs, getting Gordon is better than nothing. Even if they don't want to keep him (they have JC and Hood), it's quite a tradeble contract.

Houston gets: LeBron
Cavs gets: Gordon + 2nd rounder from ATL
Atlanta gets: Anderson + Houston 2019, 2021 1st rounders.

Maybe with some adjustments, I'm not sure this would work in the CBA.

Then, they could sign CP-3, Ariza and Capela with bird rights. Total salary would go absolutely thru the roof, but it's doable. In a S&T, they would be hard capped and not able to re-sign all these guys.

CP3, Harden, Ariza, LeBron, Capela. Not bad...
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

IMHO, LeBron won't stay in Cleveland and if Houston makes it work, he joins the Rockets. If they don't, then I believe we have a decent shot, along with Phila. To put it in %s:

Houston - 50%
Lakers - 20%
Phila - 20%
Cavs - 10%
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
IMHO, LeBron won't stay in Cleveland and if Houston makes it work, he joins the Rockets. If they don't, then I believe we have a decent shot, along with Phila. To put it in %s:

Houston - 50%
Lakers - 20%
Phila - 20%
Cavs - 10%

Check out the LeBron odds at ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22846594/predicting-lebron-james-future-forecast-next-team-titles-legacy

We are more favored to land LeBron then Houston
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

The incumbent usually has the best odds. It's possible he wants to end his career where it started. It would not surprise me.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Did LeBron learn nothing from The Decision?

Joining up with two superstars and then universally ridiculed if they do anything less than win the title...?

On the other hand... if they came out and won 3 in a row over the Warriors it would certainly cement his legacy as one of the greatest.

But if he wins only one out of three, it's probably regarded as a failure or choke.

In Cleveland he's the loyal one

In LA he's the resurrector of the franchise

In Houston he's a desperate ring chaser... that might end up playing Robin to Harden. The Big O for Kareem in Milwaukee. Or he might be a wise veteran who knows his limits, and knew when the right time was to turn over the reins to someone younger.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

How again can Houston sign LeBron next summer? Don't they have to trade 75% of their roster or something?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Harden and Paul were never going to work if they had to share the ball, now they have the best record in the league. MDA knows a lot more about offense than posters here.

Funny, MDA, is the only coach since Pat Riley that I don't disagree with in terms of rotations, which is just play your damn best players. I never bought into the narrative of no D in Antoni, and Byron Scott proved it. That the offensive/defensive labels in this league are simply narratives that once latched on to, goes outta control like a runaway freight train.

As for CP3.. in much the same way Kobe was the recent generations' MJ, CP3 imo, is the current generations's Isiah Thomas. Build the right team around him, he should be a champion. The hate for him around here is just sour grapes. Pulling for MDA and CP3 to get their rings and vindication this year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Funny, MDA, is the only coach since Pat Riley that I don't disagree with in terms of rotations, which is just play your damn best players. I never bought into the narrative of no D in Antoni, and Byron Scott proved it. That the offensive/defensive labels in this league are simply narratives that once latched on to, goes outta control like a runaway freight train.

As for CP3.. in much the same way Kobe was the recent generations' MJ, CP3 imo, is the current generations's Isiah Thomas. Build the right team around him, he should be a champion. The hate for him around here is just sour grapes. Pulling for MDA and CP3 to get their rings and vindication this year.

For the record I was one who thought that Kobe and Paul would never work together but with MDA, I was probably wrong.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
How again can Houston sign LeBron next summer? Don't they have to trade 75% of their roster or something?

If they sign him outright, then Anderson & Gordon & Capela gotta go.

If there's a James opt-in la Chris Paul & Clippers, they can match up salaries a little bit and might be able to keep Gordon, and Capela's cap hold is small enough they can use Bird Rights to bring him back.

Option A (Cavs refuse a trade)
C Some Stiff, PF James, SF Some veteran on a minimum, SG Harden, PG Paul

Option B (James opts in & Cavs trade)
C Capela, PF James, SF Ditto, SG Harden, PG Paul, Gordon 6th man

Either way, you gotta dump Anderson (and MOST LIKELY Gordon unless Morey is God) which SEEMS impossible, but the Pacers would probably take Gordon for free (former hoosier, they have cap space) and there will be some bad team desperate for a stretch-4 that wouldn't mind Anderson either. All things are possible through Morey.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The incumbent usually has the best odds. It's possible he wants to end his career where it started. It would not surprise me.

It's just my impression, but I think the marriage is over. Cavs can't give LeBron a competitive team and personal relationships seems to be strained.

Houston, Lakers (with PG-12), and Phila can offer LeBron more firepower than Love, JC, Hood and Hill.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Lebron play this year is so misleading. He is only good on one side of the game. His D is a liability. It is like the year Kobe tore his achillies. Many were saying Kobe was playing his best ever. But to me, that was the year I saw his decline. He was scoring a whole bunch of points, but he couldn't dominate on both side of the floor. He was sacrificing his D, to be good on offense. Couldn't do both. Same with Lebron now. The only way I want Lebron to come is if we can get PG13 and keep Randle.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 167 of 2079
Jump to: