The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
Lebron play this year is so misleading. He is only good on one side of the game. His D is a liability. It is like the year Kobe tore his achillies. Many were saying Kobe was playing his best ever. But to me, that was the year I saw his decline. He was scoring a whole bunch of points, but he couldn't dominate on both side of the floor. He was sacrificing his D, to be good on offense. Couldn't do both. Same with Lebron now. The only way I want Lebron to come is if we can get PG13 and keep Randle.

Same here. I mostly want LBJ bc I think it’s the way to get PG13.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Lebron play this year is so misleading. He is only good on one side of the game. His D is a liability. It is like the year Kobe tore his achillies. Many were saying Kobe was playing his best ever. But to me, that was the year I saw his decline. He was scoring a whole bunch of points, but he couldn't dominate on both side of the floor. He was sacrificing his D, to be good on offense. Couldn't do both. Same with Lebron now. The only way I want Lebron to come is if we can get PG13 and keep Randle.

I think from the Lakers' perspective it's the reverse though. They view LeBron as the "big prize" so to speak, and George is the necessary prerequisite. In my opinion, George is the one who's more likely to come on his own. I think he's willing to be the first domino.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
la4win wrote:

I think from the Lakers' perspective it's the reverse though. They view LeBron as the "big prize" so to speak, and George is the necessary prerequisite. In my opinion, George is the one who's more likely to come on his own. I think he's willing to be the first domino.

Of course. I said it was my vantage point. No doubt LBJ has been the target for years.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

This guy is insane
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
32 wrote:
The incumbent usually has the best odds. It's possible he wants to end his career where it started. It would not surprise me.

It's just my impression, but I think the marriage is over. Cavs can't give LeBron a competitive team and personal relationships seems to be strained.

Houston, Lakers (with PG-12), and Phila can offer LeBron more firepower than Love, JC, Hood and Hill.

You're probably being more hopeful than realistic. I think the relationship between Gilbert and James is probably non-existent, but Bron has a special bond to that team and city. And it looks like the the front office there has shown to LeBron that it's willing to do what is necessary to keep the team competitive as it showed at the trade deadline. Cleveland is certainly the odds on favorite to keep LeBron. I wouldn't expect Lebron to come here at all.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
32 wrote:
The incumbent usually has the best odds. It's possible he wants to end his career where it started. It would not surprise me.

It's just my impression, but I think the marriage is over. Cavs can't give LeBron a competitive team and personal relationships seems to be strained.

Houston, Lakers (with PG-12), and Phila can offer LeBron more firepower than Love, JC, Hood and Hill.

You're probably being more hopeful than realistic. I think the relationship between Gilbert and James is probably non-existent, but Bron has a special bond to that team and city. And it looks like the the front office there has shown to LeBron that it's willing to do what is necessary to keep the team competitive as it showed at the trade deadline. Cleveland is certainly the odds on favorite to keep LeBron. I wouldn't expect Lebron to come here at all.

They do have the Brooklyn pick, which might be more than we could offer for a trade...
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
If Houston wins the NBA title, should they even want LeBron?

Considering that the owner bought the team with bonds, and what LeBron does for franchise value, I'll assume yes.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Lebron going to Houston means Harden would have to be okay with the ball being out of his hands 75% of the time and being a glorified spot up shooter. And i have trouble believing they would be better when you have two stars who dont play defense during the regular season.

Harden played with Westbrook and Durant, and didn't mind at all.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

And I’m sure he would also like to play with Paul George, Rockets would be losing quite a few valuable assets just to make room for LeBron... Lakers won’t need to clear the deck to sign LeBron... Houston does... so I’m not sure how much Morey is willing to mess with that considering Houston can win against the Warriors even without LeBron.

The Rockets would lose valuable non star players but still retain the best SG in basketball (who is entering his prime) and one of the best PG's in basketball. The players they would lose can be replaced. Go look at the Heat rosters for an example.

To be clear....for the record....I don't think LeBron will choose to be a Rocket. My only points are if he did the team would get rid of everyone not named Harden or CP3 to get him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And I’m sure he would also like to play with Paul George, Rockets would be losing quite a few valuable assets just to make room for LeBron... Lakers won’t need to clear the deck to sign LeBron... Houston does... so I’m not sure how much Morey is willing to mess with that considering Houston can win against the Warriors even without LeBron.

The Rockets would lose valuable non star players but still retain the best SG in basketball (who is entering his prime) and one of the best PG's in basketball. The players they would lose can be replaced. Go look at the Heat rosters for an example.

To be clear....for the record....I don't think LeBron will choose to be a Rocket. My only points are if he did the team would get rid of everyone not named Harden or CP3 to get him.

If the Rockets win the title this year would they still try getting him?
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
32 wrote:

I'm not being hopeful, I'm perfectly fine if we get PG and re-sign Randle. I wanted Cousins as Plan A, but now, I don't know. I think LeBron won't fit in our timeframe. And, as I said last page, I think Houston is the front runner to be LeBron's next team.

Last trade deadline, it looked like the Cavs are looking at a post-LBJ future. They have the Brooklyn pick, Love and a bunch of role players to move on.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

If the Rockets win the title this year would they still try getting him?

Yes.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject:

0% chance Rockets get Lebron. I’ll bet my account on it. You down Dreamshake? Account bet?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
0% chance Rockets get Lebron. I’ll bet my account on it. You down Dreamshake? Account bet?

Nah don’t do it, I think there is a good chance he goes to the Rockets
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

I'm sposed to bet on a decision LeBron will make? LOL

(And I already said I don't think he will pick Houston)
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

Dreamshake wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

To be clear....for the record....I don't think LeBron will choose to be a Rocket.
My only points are if he did the team would get rid of everyone not named Harden or CP3 to get him.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/05/04/heisler-win-or-lose-lebrons-time-in-cleveland-looks-like-its-ending/

So even if Lebron gets a bling he is still lea—-ving
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/05/04/heisler-win-or-lose-lebrons-time-in-cleveland-looks-like-its-ending/

When was the last time Heisler was right about something? He's reached Pete Vescey-level of speculation and believability
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

When was the last time Heisler was right about something? He's reached Pete Vescey-level of speculation and believability

Probably the last time that he wrote something that was even remotely positive about the Lakers. But he’s pretty revered for some reason. At 25, I’m guessing that I’m too young to understand when, how, and why. It must’ve preceded my existence *shrug*
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

He might have Malone type trajectory, being effective until his late 30s. This is probably the best I've seen him play offensively at least.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakers in pole position to get the best player in the game.

- Rockets would have to gut their team, losing Capela would be huge

- 76ers, he would be gambling in Embiid’s health

- Lakers just need to get PG13 to sign, LBJ’s required all star sidekick. You have a core of great young players (Ingram, Lonzo, Kuz, Hart and maybe Julius). Establish vets coming for the cheap think Brook Lopez. Best part LBJ plays about 30mpg and has the young guys carry him to the playoffs fresh.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

- Lakers just need to get PG13 to sign, LBJ’s required all star sidekick. You have a core of great young players (Ingram, Lonzo, Kuz, Hart and maybe Julius). Establish vets coming for the cheap think Brook Lopez. Best part LBJ plays about 30mpg and has the young guys carry him to the playoffs fresh.

would not need to gut team or lose Capela....Lebron opts in and trade Anderson, Gordon, 2020 1st Round Pick, 2022 1st Round Pick
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
YSong wrote:

would not need to gut team or lose Capela....Lebron opts in and trade Anderson, Gordon, 2020 1st Round Pick, 2022 1st Round Pick

Why would Cleveland agree to this?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
YSong wrote:

no idea....but one of the ESPN Cleveland guys (do not recall if it was Windhorst or McMenamin) said a few weeks ago that the belief in the organization was that Gilbert would at least consider a trade if Lebron was exiting....mentioned he is trying to sell team in next couple years, and has to keep team competitive and in playoff contention....

Anderson and Gordon are still productive, and would come off the books at the same time as Love, Clarkson, Thompson...a year after Smith, Hill and Korver. They would likely remain a playoff team, and just as their books cleared, would have some extra draft assets.

I am not saying I am sure he would.....before I heard their claim, I would have doubted he would....but if the report was accurate, it would make some sense.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
YSong wrote:

Cuz Dan Gilbert doesnt want to help us get Lebron
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 168 of 2086
Jump to: