The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Waiting is dumb. One injury to warrior core and the runner up gets the championship.

We are not the Celtics, Rockets, Spurs, Cavs to be in the position to take advantage if the Warriors somehow slip. Our ONLY option is to develop out our youth. If we trade them away for "win now" players we wont have the salary cap room to sign up the talent we need to be a legit championship contender
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

The only way we can be in position to get Lebron is if the following happens:

1) Cavs don't get Melo

2) Cavs don't win a ring next year (most important one here)

3) Cavs don't win a ring next year, and don't look like they will be attracting any big time FAs

Either we need a combo of 1 + 2, or 2+3.

In the end, it all falls on the championship. If Lebron loses again to the Warriors, then I say he bolts. Not sure which team he'd go to, but I think he leaves town if they don't win it all next year.

If hypothetically, we are fielding a team with Ball, Waiters, Paul George, Randle, etc, then I think adding Lebron to that team puts us #2 behind the Warriors.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Waiting is dumb. One injury to warrior core and the runner up gets the championship.

We are not the Celtics, Rockets, Spurs, Cavs to be in the position to take advantage if the Warriors somehow slip. Our ONLY option is to develop out our youth. If we trade them away for "win now" players we wont have the salary cap room to sign up the talent we need to be a legit championship contender

Agreed. one of advantage is we've stocked many good young players who at lower salaries and could give us more room at adding necessary talents
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Laker Dude wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Laker Dude wrote:
You guys are leaving out a huge thing.

Do you really think Lebron wants to keep losing in the finals so people can keep talking about his finals record? He will never beat Golden State again on that Cleveland roster, and he knows it.

He comes to the West, he deals with Golden State in the WCF. He gets Paul George and Brandon Ingram to play lock down defense with him. A playmaking point guard with deep 3 range who doesnt play iso ball. And a better coach who knows the Warriors system better than anyone. Plus he gets to be in LA and become a billionaire.

Lebron to LA is all but a done deal and so is PG. They want to play together and everyone knows it.

Lebron
Paul George
Ball

and whoever else is going to get swept by the Warriors and possibly even the Spurs.

This is a total joke. Do you have any idea how good Paul George is? Do you have any idea how much Lebron completely dominates Golden State? He doesn't have the supporting cast to beat Golden State in Cleveland. Kyrie is a scoring point guard who plays no defense, and thats his best teammate.

Lebron with PG would be a doninant duo, that could beat any team in the west. Then you throw in Lonzo, Ingram, maybe Clarkson, and whoever else wants to ring chase. You can absolutely win a championship with that roster.

Not to mention all the intangibles. GS is not going to be a healthy juggernaut for the next 2-3 yrs or so. There will always be windows. You need atleast 2 top 10-12 players. Everybody else can just fill a whole. I love Kyrie but he is not as potent as Paul George's all around game.

You guys are hilarious and delusional. Lebron gets what he wants vs the Warriors because they let him do so - they almost swept Lebron while he put up a triple double the entire series. Kyrie is a PG that can only score and plays no D? Lebron's 3rd ring came because Kyrie came alive that series and hit a shot bigger than Lebron ever has.

Paul George and Lebron are now all of a sudden supposed to beat the Warriors..who will have had more time to gel, all the while Lebron is now a year older. Kyrie is now being replaced by a 2nd year player in Ball..and his supporting cast consists of Julius Rande, Clarkson, Ingram and Nance. As much as we love our young guys, they have not proven anything. Get a grip.

George and Lebron would beat the Warriors. LOL

One thing Lebron needs to win rings is an elite shot maker. Kyrie is just that. Wade was that in Miami. When the going gets tough, the "GOAT" isn't much use on offense besides driving and dishing, or driving to the basket. Or shooting his weak ass fadaway.

He's the worst "GOAT" type player I've seen in the clutch when you look at Kobe, Magic, Jordan, Duncan, etc.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources: Cavs offered below-market GM salary to Chauncey Billups

LINK
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Man Gilbert is a cheap ass
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

2nd highest payroll in the league, I think he's just an ego-driven idiot.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

You could drop the cheap and you'd still be correct.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@WindhorstESPN 44s45 seconds ago

LeBron James had active conversations with Jeff Green before decision to sign with Cavs, sources said.

LeBron recruited Jeff Green? So does that mean LeBron's not coming now??
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:
@WindhorstESPN 44s45 seconds ago

LeBron James had active conversations with Jeff Green before decision to sign with Cavs, sources said.

LeBron recruited Jeff Green? So does that mean LeBron's not coming now??

Jeff Green agreed on a one year deal, meaning Lebron says he's gone in one year.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is a huge 2018 PIE..

I wouldn't get to excited about him coming, it's a long shot...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

If LBJ joins this team in 2018 more power to him.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

https://theringer.com/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-bill-simmons-podcast-cb530026641e

Bill Simmons thinks LeBron is coming to the Lakers and he'll be bringing George, Wall, and Cousins with him!

Quote:
“What if I told you that 12 months from now, LeBron James, Paul George, John Wall, and Boogie Cousins will all be on the Los Angeles Lakers together?” he says. “Conspiracy Bill has some things that he doesn’t like about what’s going on. I think the LeBron James–[to]-L.A. [story], he hasn’t come out and denied it. Everyone’s talking about it in the league, it became public last month. He knows they’re talking about it and hasn’t said anything. Hasn’t said, ‘This is ridiculous. I’m so tired of hearing this. I want to finish my career in Cleveland.’”

Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
https://theringer.com/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-bill-simmons-podcast-cb530026641e

Bill Simmons thinks LeBron is coming to the Lakers and he'll be bringing George, Wall, and Cousins with him!

Quote:
“What if I told you that 12 months from now, LeBron James, Paul George, John Wall, and Boogie Cousins will all be on the Los Angeles Lakers together?” he says. “Conspiracy Bill has some things that he doesn’t like about what’s going on. I think the LeBron James–[to]-L.A. [story], he hasn’t come out and denied it. Everyone’s talking about it in the league, it became public last month. He knows they’re talking about it and hasn’t said anything. Hasn’t said, ‘This is ridiculous. I’m so tired of hearing this. I want to finish my career in Cleveland.’”

Is that even mathematically possible? Let's assume they purge the entire roster with no salary coming back and only keep Ball and Ingram. Is that even possible to fit those under the cap?
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

Is that even mathematically possible? Let's assume they purge the entire roster with no salary coming back and only keep Ball and Ingram. Is that even possible to fit those under the cap?

If they don't mind giving up a ton of money.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James, Paul George, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins signing for $15M each. DO IT MAGIC
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

If you guys don't know anything about Bill Simmons, know this... He is a die hard Celtics fan, and very, very, very superstitious. He has done articles like this before talking about the good fortunes of others and when it doesn't come to fruition, he comes out cheering, patting himself in the back for jinxing them.
This is 100% a jinx article.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
If you guys don't know anything about Bill Simmons, know this... He is a die hard Celtics fan, and very, very, very superstitious. He has done articles like this before talking about the good fortunes of others and when it doesn't come to fruition, he comes out cheering, patting himself in the back for jinxing them.

agreed...
KungPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

For a man so superstitious, you'd think Simmons would understand the concept of karma biting back at someone always trying to wish ill-will on people.

Or maybe ESPN just fired him because he's a hack.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

He can jinx all he wants, the Lakers will soon win #17 and #18
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Reading that article it seems like LeBron, George, Wall are more likely to come. All 3 have really good reasons. But Cousins seems like he was just thrown in there.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
The only way we can be in position to get Lebron is if the following happens:

1) Cavs don't get Melo

2) Cavs don't win a ring next year (most important one here)

3) Cavs don't win a ring next year, and don't look like they will be attracting any big time FAs

Either we need a combo of 1 + 2, or 2+3.

In the end, it all falls on the championship. If Lebron loses again to the Warriors, then I say he bolts. Not sure which team he'd go to, but I think he leaves town if they don't win it all next year.

If hypothetically, we are fielding a team with Ball, Waiters, Paul George, Randle, etc, then I think adding Lebron to that team puts us #2 behind the Warriors.

OT but Chris Paul is convinced that Melo will end up on the Rockets.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

LeBron just posted this on his Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWeUr6dB2pG/?taken-by=kingjames&hl=en
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Game recognize game. Welcome to LA LeBron.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo: "If I join Nike, you join us next season."

LeBron: "Done."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 18 of 2086
Jump to: