The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
You think after stalking LeBron for 20 years you could have some actual sources with him.

has this fatty ever reported anything that turned out to be true?

was it chris broussard or windy (or someone else) that broke the Lebron to Miami news?
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

SAS has a good point as well, is LBJ really going to come to Kobe's house? IDK, i wouldn't bet on it

I can see PG13 and maybe Cousins coming
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
In short, I just think that this would be closer to his line of thinking when factoring in his legacy while he’s deliberating on his next move this summer. I think he’ll approach it from more of a positive viewpoint like that as opposed to worrying about naysayers.

He's in rarified air. No one thought anyone could touch MJ at #1 but he's at least in the same zip code. I think he will (or has) carefully think about all facets of his next destination, including how it will be written about in the history books when he retires.

Easiest path to a ring = Rox
Easier path to a ring = 76ers
More difficult but possibly more rewarding legacy-wise path to a ring = Lakers.

Choose wisely.

If I was Lebron, I'd just go where I thought I'd have the most fun, and let the legacy take care of itself. You really can't predict what history will think, so why let that govern your decisions.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
SAS has a good point as well, is LBJ really going to come to Kobe's house? IDK, i wouldn't bet on it

PG and Cousins are our best chances. LeBron's got a walk to the ECF every year in the East and if the Cavs can't get it done he'll go to Philly and do it for another 4 seasons.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

PG and Cousins are our best chances. LeBron's got a walk to the ECF every year in the East and if the Cavs can't get it done he'll go to Philly and do it for another 4 seasons.

This bears repeating, but it's quite possible that the NBA goes to conference-less playoffs as soon as next year, or the year after that. If LeBron wants to sign a long-term deal this summer instead of another 1+1, the argument of "staying in the East because it's a cakewalk" may become moot.

That said, he may feel like Philly is his best option anyway. But I think that Philly would be a bet on Embiid's health, and that's a risky bet IMO. But it's a high-reward play, too.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject:

Lebron or bust. If we got Lebron and PG13, we'd become instant contender. Otherwise, with PG13 alone, we'd just be a middle of the road team that makes the playoffs and be happy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Yet the team with a big 4 and little youth will likely win again. But they are challenged by a big 2 with little youth. Pick a way to rebuild and stick with it, either chase stars or build with youth.

How about the best of both worlds?

Agree with VLF, don't want to be jack of all trades, master of none. Either we build around the young core like the process in philly, or we get Max FAs and trade parts of our core for pieces to complement those FAs.

Is that how Boston did it? They are doing it both ways.

76ers will have a max slot this summer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
In short, I just think that this would be closer to his line of thinking when factoring in his legacy while he’s deliberating on his next move this summer. I think he’ll approach it from more of a positive viewpoint like that as opposed to worrying about naysayers.

He's in rarified air. No one thought anyone could touch MJ at #1 but he's at least in the same zip code. I think he will (or has) carefully think about all facets of his next destination, including how it will be written about in the history books when he retires.

Choose wisely.

If I was Lebron, I'd just go where I thought I'd have the most fun, and let the legacy take care of itself. You really can't predict what history will think, so why let that govern your decisions.

But we're not. I do think he's a student of the game and is looking to be in the rarified perch with MJ pretty much.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Choose wisely.

But we're not. I do think he's a student of the game and is looking to be in the rarified perch with MJ pretty much.

Yup, basically does LeBron wants to swing for the fences, team up with Embiid/Simmons or another max with us or Harden/CP3 to try to get that chip which prob will no doubt put him in the same seat as MJ... or stay with Cavs and get pummelled in the east by this Celtics plus Kyrie/Hayward or Embiid/Simmons plus a max FA... I think he'll go to a contender
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
MJST wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

This bears repeating, but it's quite possible that the NBA goes to conference-less playoffs as soon as next year, or the year after that. If LeBron wants to sign a long-term deal this summer instead of another 1+1, the argument of "staying in the East because it's a cakewalk" may become moot.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22542306/zach-lowe-real-possibility-nba-playoffs-play-tournament

"It is not coming next season, and it would be a shock if the NBA adopted it in time for 2020 or even 2021. It may never happen. Any such change would need approval from the competition committee, and then from a supermajority of 23 NBA teams. That process has not even started."
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/05/21/lebron-james-statue

Akron, Ohio campaign to raise funds to build statue for LeBron James

Quote:
LeBron James may go from idolized to immortalized in his hometown.

A GoFundMe account has been established with a goal to raise $1 million to sculpt and erect a life-size statue of James in Akron, where he began his basketball career before becoming a superstar with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Aaron Carey, who like James played at Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, began the campaign to raise money to honor the three-time NBA champion.

"We want to do this with the fans," Carey told the Akron Beacon-Journal. "We want fans to be able to thank LeBron for what he has done for Akron and the Cavs."

Carey told the newspaper he has been in contact with artist Omri Amrany, who has created statues for basketball greats Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

James was touched by the gesture.

"First of all, thank you," he said Monday when informed of the movement. "It would be cool, not only for myself, but for my family and all the people that had anything to do with this journey thus far. I'm appreciative even of the thought."

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/05/21/lebron-james-statue

Akron, Ohio campaign to raise funds to build statue for LeBron James

Quote:
LeBron James may go from idolized to immortalized in his hometown.

A GoFundMe account has been established with a goal to raise $1 million to sculpt and erect a life-size statue of James in Akron, where he began his basketball career before becoming a superstar with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Aaron Carey, who like James played at Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, began the campaign to raise money to honor the three-time NBA champion.

"We want to do this with the fans," Carey told the Akron Beacon-Journal. "We want fans to be able to thank LeBron for what he has done for Akron and the Cavs."

Carey told the newspaper he has been in contact with artist Omri Amrany, who has created statues for basketball greats Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

James was touched by the gesture.

"First of all, thank you," he said Monday when informed of the movement. "It would be cool, not only for myself, but for my family and all the people that had anything to do with this journey thus far. I'm appreciative even of the thought."

cute.

Jeanie is coming into that meeting with full scale renderings
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Yet the team with a big 4 and little youth will likely win again. But they are challenged by a big 2 with little youth. Pick a way to rebuild and stick with it, either chase stars or build with youth.

How about the best of both worlds?

Agree with VLF, don't want to be jack of all trades, master of none. Either we build around the young core like the process in philly, or we get Max FAs and trade parts of our core for pieces to complement those FAs.

Is that how Boston did it? They are doing it both ways.

76ers will have a max slot this summer.

Most successful teams build through a combination of drafts, trades and free agents (certainly every Lakers ring team have included key guys acquired through all three ways). It doesn't have to be a black and white approach. Talent is talent, and once the talent is on your team, it doesn't matter which avenue it came through.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
David Aldridge:

The Cavs are already at the cap for next season and that doesn’t even count James’s player option at $35 million—which, I know, he’s going to decline to again hit unrestricted free agency.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/05/21/morning-tip-mailbag-may-21-2018
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
MJST wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22542306/zach-lowe-real-possibility-nba-playoffs-play-tournament

"It is not coming next season, and it would be a shock if the NBA adopted it in time for 2020 or even 2021. It may never happen. Any such change would need approval from the competition committee, and then from a supermajority of 23 NBA teams. That process has not even started."

I thought the fact that Lebron spoke out against it was very telling. He's planning on staying East imo. .
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

I just don't get the feeling LeBron is coming to the Lakers or to the West.

I do get the feeling he isn't coming back to Cleveland.

Seems like Philly is the only thing that makes sense?
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

Lebron has been a free agent every summer since he left Miami
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

Lebron opting out at least makes going to Houston nigh on impossible
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

I am of the opinion that LeBrons decision to come to LA will only be partially about basketball. I remember reading an article way back about how LeBron had a goal to be a billionaire one day. If that is still true, then I think joining Magic and all the possible business connections in Los Angeles is the obvious choice. The Lakers will always be about winning championships and they have the ability to put a contender on the court as would any team with LeBron on it. The main difference is all the away from the game business ventures LeBron and his inner circle can take advantage of and who better to mentor that then Magic Johnson the businessman.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
I am of the opinion that LeBrons decision to come to LA will only be partially about basketball. I remember reading an article way back about how LeBron had a goal to be a billionaire one day. If that is still true, then I think joining Magic and all the possible business connections in Los Angeles is the obvious choice. The Lakers will always be about winning championships and they have the ability to put a contender on the court as would any team with LeBron on it. The main difference is all the away from the game business ventures LeBron and his inner circle can take advantage of and who better to mentor that then Magic Johnson the businessman.

I'm dubious that Lebron will get significantly more business opportunities playing for the Lakers than he would playing for anyone else. It's not like you have to live in Los Angeles to tap into business opportunities here, and it's not like there aren't business opportunities all over the world.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

He gone to LA
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

Any chance he forms a dynamic duo with Giannis?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Lebron opting out at least makes going to Houston nigh on impossible

Can you explain? I'm not up on Houston's cap situation.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
UKUGA wrote:

I thought the fact that Lebron spoke out against it was very telling. He's planning on staying East imo. .

Agreed.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Anybody know where his son is going to high school at? If its in L.A., then you would think Lebron would want to be here to be around to support him during his high school career. Thats a pretty damn good excuse to sign with a team, family.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next
Page 185 of 2090
Jump to: