The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 189, 190, 191 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Where is the stuff about Screamin' A? Looked back and I didn't see that.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNLosAngeles/status/999393177332170753
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Thanks.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Thanks.

From the time LeBron bought his second home in LA, I figured lifestyle and family mattered the most. You don't spend 20 million on two homes if you don't really love the city.

I have a hard time seeing him going somewhere else, and spending the next 6 or 7 years there, and buying more homes. Especially for someone who is so cheap he doesn't pay for Pandora music. LOL.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Thanks.

From the time LeBron bought his second home in LA, I figured lifestyle and family mattered the most. You don't spend 20 million on two homes if you don't really love the city.

I have a hard time seeing him going somewhere else, and spending the next 6 or 7 years there, and buying more homes. Especially for someone who is so cheap he doesn't pay for Pandora music. LOL.

If he bought a 20 mil house in Philly, then I'd agree, yeah, he's going to Philly.

But it's L.A. He's not the first and will not be the last NBA player to buy an offseason/later retirement home in L.A. Doesn't mean he's coming.

He could be coming, of course, but that is no indicator.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:

40+ million on two homes (they were 20+ each).
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject:

I guess it's hard for us mere mortals to envision owning multiple houses in multiple cities and jet-setting between them.

I only own 1 house and live in it..

So while it might be a 100% sign that he wants to be here, it at least shows he likes the area and may have a sit-down with Magic...

BUT: he has to Opt-out first, otherwise it's TAMPERING...!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesus what about Ingram or what did he do to you and your family that makes you discredit, criticize or try to trade him any chance you get

Don't bring family in the conversation.

Point is to win championship. Has Nothing to do Ingram.

Yeah but you’re always singling him out. Not any other players. Just want to know your basis of not liking him as a player. Enlighten me
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesus what about Ingram or what did he do to you and your family that makes you discredit, criticize or try to trade him any chance you get

Yeah but you’re always singling him out. Not any other players. Just want to know your basis of not liking him as a player. Enlighten me. You can’t keep talking bad about a player and if someone asks about it you deny that you have a certain bias towards that player lol. Just trying to engage in convo and see what you’re seeing or not seeing in him as a player
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Why the heck do people think we're the destination for James if he leaves Cleveland? Philly is the leading contender, he stays in the East and gets a trip to the Finals for the next 4 years and only has to deal with Houston or Golden State in the finals once, instead of having to go through them to MAKE the finals.

This season with no "Kyrie" is likely giving LeBron perspective on his career going forward. He's not forming a "Super team" without a "Kyrie" on that roster, and I'm sorry tell you, but George would be the "Kevin Love" not the "Kyrie Irving", which is why Philly is the lead destination if he left Cleveland.

And that's fine.

Many of my friends who are 76ers fans have the same worries that you have been saying, i.e., he will disrupt their culture, will stymie Simmons/Embiid. But you're ok with that I guess.

There have been some interesting analysis of how problematic Simmons/LBJ will be b/c of Simmons's inability to shoot, and LBJ's lack of success with a traditional center in the middle (lack of spacing with a center clogging up his driving lanes/post up spots).

It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

And no, I think PG13 >>>> Love, b/c he's a 2 way player.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Why the heck do people think we're the destination for James if he leaves Cleveland? Philly is the leading contender, he stays in the East and gets a trip to the Finals for the next 4 years and only has to deal with Houston or Golden State in the finals once, instead of having to go through them to MAKE the finals.

This season with no "Kyrie" is likely giving LeBron perspective on his career going forward. He's not forming a "Super team" without a "Kyrie" on that roster, and I'm sorry tell you, but George would be the "Kevin Love" not the "Kyrie Irving", which is why Philly is the lead destination if he left Cleveland.

And that's fine.

Many of my friends who are 76ers fans have the same worries that you have been saying, i.e., he will disrupt their culture, will stymie Simmons/Embiid. But you're ok with that I guess.

There have been some interesting analysis of how problematic Simmons/LBJ will be b/c of Simmons's inability to shoot, and LBJ's lack of success with a traditional center in the middle (lack of spacing with a center clogging up his driving lanes/post up spots).

I think a difference between Philly and LA, is that you can drop Lebron into the Philly roster and probably be the favorite in the East. Trading Fultz for veteran help shouldn't be disruptive, because he barely played anyway.

Whereas in LA, people are concerned that A) Lebron & George wouldn't be enough to beat GS; and B) Lebron would demand trading away young talent for another veteran.

I'm sort of the in the camp of, "who cares? I'd like to see it." But I understand the concern.

But IMO, Philly fans have less to be concerned about, because I think their two best players (Simmons & Embiid) stay with Lebron.

Lakers fans, OTOH, are afraid that their current favorite Lakers (Randle, BI, Lonzo, whomever) gets jettisoned out with the addition of Lebron.

I personally would like the "problem" of having Lebron and Simmons playing together.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Yeah but you’re always singling him out. Not any other players. Just want to know your basis of not liking him as a player. Enlighten me. You can’t keep talking bad about a player and if someone asks about it you deny that you have a certain bias towards that player lol. Just trying to engage in convo and see what you’re seeing or not seeing in him as a player

Calling somebody Kuz fanboy or Ingram hater is not trying to engage in conversation
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:
Judah wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Sierra Canyon is a prep school that have NBA prospects every single year. They had Scottie Pippen and Kenyon Martin's children last year.

Lebron could live in Cleveland and send his kids their

LeBron’s oldest son will be in high school next year, and he seemingly has a shot of making it into the league. I can't imagine that now would be the point in LeBron’s career where he would choose to live away from him. How he develops as a player the next few years will be crucial. Not to mention that he's becoming a young man now. He needs his father.

Theoretically, if LeBron signs his last contract at 5 years with the Lakers, and if he decides to play until he's 39, he could potentially play in the league at the same time as his son, assuming Lil' Bronnie plays a year of college. If he isn't good enough to get drafted (however, he does seem to have some talent), I'm sure LeBron could pull strings for the Lakers to sign him as an undrafted free agent.

I'm not saying this is the only reason LeBron would come to LA, but LeBron has tossed that idea around recently. And if he wants to stay closely involved in his son's development, playing for the Lakers while Lil' Bronnie plays for an LA-area high school is the way to go.

Lebron triggering the over 38 clause would decimate our cap.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Welcome Lebron, Bye Ingram
Welcome KL

No way on earth would I get rid of Ingram to accommodate lebron coming here. 5 years ago, sure.

Assuming that KL isn’t Kevin Love, it isn’t Lebron we would be losing Ingram for.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

40+ million on two homes (they were 20+ each).

Yeah, I know. Should have wrote 20 million on two separate homes.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
People ask me all the damn time where I think LeBron will sign this summer. Here's what I tell them!!

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/999672886666330112
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

And that's fine.

If you're Philly and Lebron says he's signing, and you know Kawhi is fully healthy, do you then trade Simmons for him?
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

And that's fine.

George average 25 PPG in the first round. Love has average 15 PPG for the playoffs They're not close to the same player.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
People ask me all the damn time where I think LeBron will sign this summer. Here's what I tell them!!

Reading the comments on that tweet from so called “Lakers fans” are ridiculous.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

Just end their misery already, Boston. And Warriors/Rockets, please sweep Boston thereafter.

I think it's telling the type of "fan" you get responding to SAS on Twitter. Let's just say he attracts a certain type of demographic... that is relatively unintelligent and listen to hot takes as if it were expert analysis... SAS could be flashing a laser pointer at the screen and they'd jump on his every word
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

And that's fine.

George average 25 PPG in the first round. Love has average 15 PPG for the playoffs They're not close to the same player.

They're very different players who are comparable in impact. One playoffs and one stat doesn't change that.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

Reread that ”theory” about Space Jam 2 being linked to LeBron signing with the Lakers, and I have to admit, it seemed quite silly when I read it initially last summer, but it doesn't seem so silly anymore. It actually sounds really believable.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Damn I thought SAS was in the LeBron to Philly group.. this is good news.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:
Judah wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Sierra Canyon is a prep school that have NBA prospects every single year. They had Scottie Pippen and Kenyon Martin's children last year.

Lebron could live in Cleveland and send his kids their

LeBron’s oldest son will be in high school next year, and he seemingly has a shot of making it into the league. I can't imagine that now would be the point in LeBron’s career where he would choose to live away from him. How he develops as a player the next few years will be crucial. Not to mention that he's becoming a young man now. He needs his father.

Theoretically, if LeBron signs his last contract at 5 years with the Lakers, and if he decides to play until he's 39, he could potentially play in the league at the same time as his son, assuming Lil' Bronnie plays a year of college. If he isn't good enough to get drafted (however, he does seem to have some talent), I'm sure LeBron could pull strings for the Lakers to sign him as an undrafted free agent.

I'm not saying this is the only reason LeBron would come to LA, but LeBron has tossed that idea around recently. And if he wants to stay closely involved in his son's development, playing for the Lakers while Lil' Bronnie plays for an LA-area high school is the way to go.
Another thing is the one and done rule will most likely be gone by then, so Lebron could play with his son when hes like 38.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Here are the 3 destinations for him:

Houston: First choice of his IMO. But if they win the title, they are out of the running.

Philly: He has 2 superstars besides him, and a few good role players like Reddick, Benilini, dario, etc. He's also in an easier conference. Besides Boston, there is no threat in the East. I'll slap anybody who mentions Toronto. That team could win 80 games and still lose to Lebron in the playoffs.

Lakers: Only way we leap frog the above 2 teams is if we get Leonard in a S&T. PG, Leonard and Lebron with a few young pieces is enough to compete with Golden State and we'd be better than Houston. Realistically, I think getting PG-13 is not enough for Lebron. He'd have 1 other superstar and a bunch of young, upcoming role players. I think Lebron wants a "finals ready" team, and Houston/Philly beat us in the category.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 189, 190, 191 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 190 of 2086
Jump to: