The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

Lebron aint staying in the East and he aint joining an already stacked team.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for LeBron to be in a Philly uni next year.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Lebron aint staying in the East and he aint joining an already stacked team.

Ya, because that's not what he's done both times as a free agent.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:
All this plus China, China, China. The lakers are the only brand in China. LBJ wants that market as well. If he gets that open door into the Chinese market, the amount of money he will make will be even more absurd. Imagine when Shaq signed with the lakers, this would be that x100.

Boom. You got it.

Hmm...the China angle is one I hadn't even thought of. Playing for the Lakers really would go a long way for continuing to build his empire and achieve his goal of becoming a billionaire. And on the Lakers’ side, they’d cash in ultra big just by making him the face of this new ”Lakers 2.0” era under Magic and Pelinka, adding him to the already impressive list of legendary players to wear the purple and gold, and also giving the franchise a shot to finally pass Boston for most titles ever. It's pretty ironic, but it's almost like LeBron was born to be a Laker. They're a perfect fit for each other right now.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:
All this plus China, China, China. The lakers are the only brand in China. LBJ wants that market as well. If he gets that open door into the Chinese market, the amount of money he will make will be even more absurd. Imagine when Shaq signed with the lakers, this would be that x100.

Boom. You got it.

The Rockets have a bit of market share in China, also. But yes, it's not like the Lakers' global pull.

I didn't realize the Lakers are so big in China. This does make things interesting...
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:

Boom. You got it.

The Rockets have a bit of market share in China, also. But yes, it's not like the Lakers' global pull.

I didn't realize the Lakers are so big in China. This does make things interesting...

Basketball has become part of Chinese culture.

It's definitely huge in the Philippines.
Daikatana
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Yes,

The Lakers are huge in China. Go walk into any Nike store in China...

Shanghai, Beijing, etc...

Hell even the little towns like Lijiang, and you'll find huge Kobe posters plastered all over the Nike store.

LeBron wanting that, with his personality, hell, its like a match made in heaven.

JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

CAKEWALK
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:

Boom. You got it.

1 word. Kobe.

It's seriously on some Beatles type ish.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Being in Beijing with Kobe in ‘08 was a real eye-opener for Lebron.

He saw how huge Kobe was there firsthand, and has talked about how it blew him away.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:

He saw how huge Kobe was there firsthand, and has talked about how it blew him away.

Yeah, I remember them interviewing the other members of the dream team and they all talked about how they were chopped liver next to him. Do you remember the opening ceremony from Beijing? When they showed Kobe's face on the jumbo screen at the stadium he had by FAR the biggest ovation. The announcers were even shocked by it and commented on it later on in the program...more than any Chinese athlete...more than Yao.

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) I know how truly incredible he is but I am just a little nervous that he finally breaks down during this new contract... I'm ok with shortcutting a rebuild a bit to make the playoffs soon but for talent that's a bit younger... he's amazing but I'm just on the fence still - and I probably shouldn't be.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
(bleep) I know how truly incredible he is but I am just a little nervous that he finally breaks down during this new contract... I'm ok with shortcutting a rebuild a bit to make the playoffs soon but for talent that's a bit younger... he's amazing but I'm just on the fence still - and I probably shouldn't be.

Once bitten, twice shy. Got stung with Malone and Nash. Still gotta take the swing for Bron if he's available.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Once bitten, twice shy. Got stung with Malone and Nash. Still gotta take the swing for Bron if he's available.

If the Lakers were a better team I'd be less on the fence about it. Right now they're really young and especially Ingram & Lonzo are not close to their ceilings, so it's hard to say what this group is really capable of. At the moment there's not really a clear future star. With LeBron likely comes a lot of win now moves... trade most of the core, LeBron gets hurt... I could just see this going wrong again lol
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

If the Lakers were a better team I'd be less on the fence about it. Right now they're really young and especially Ingram & Lonzo are not close to their ceilings, so it's hard to say what this group is really capable of. At the moment there's not really a clear future star. With LeBron likely comes a lot of win now moves... trade most of the core, LeBron gets hurt... I could just see this going wrong again lol

When you combine the RS with the playoffs, Lebron has played over 53,000 minutes. By comparison, Kobe in his whole career played just over 57,000 minutes, and about 3200 of them came after his Achilles injury. Lebron suddenly suffering a major injury or falling off a cliff right after coming here is something to think about. If it won't happen next year, it may happen after a couple years. Then Lebron will be a bad contract and we'll need to find another franchise player.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I have no doubt this guy is going to sign with the Lakers. My reason for this is I'm sure he's getting tired of taking his team to the finals only to be outmatched by better opponents. Not only is it physically taxing on his body but I'm sure he doesn't want to have too many finals losses on his record once he retires. Better to get eliminated in the early/late rounds and get some more needed rest at his age then to add another finals record loss to his resume.

Plus he has a home in LA. Also I believe it would be an easier draw to lure free agents to a city like LA then to Cleveland. Also the Lakers have lots of good assets they can use in a trade for another all-star. AND they have cap room for another all-star this summer.

Pretty hard to turn that all down if I'm him.

Plus I'm sure in his mind if he never wins another ring, he will still go down as one of the top 5 to ever play.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:

Yeah, I remember them interviewing the other members of the dream team and they all talked about how they were chopped liver next to him. Do you remember the opening ceremony from Beijing? When they showed Kobe's face on the jumbo screen at the stadium he had by FAR the biggest ovation. The announcers were even shocked by it and commented on it later on in the program...more than any Chinese athlete...more than Yao.

Exactly. It was like that everywhere they went, and all of those guys were shocked at how they were dwarfed by Kobe in China.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

You sign him up with PG, re-sign Randle after dumping Deng with picks and off you go.

He's still paying at an insanely high level, and it's too good to pass up.

You keep the young core together and let them do the heavy lifting during the regular season. I wouldn't play Lebron on any back to backs, and would limit his minutes to the low 30s in the games he plays.

That would give the young guys more development reps during the season and keep Lebron more fresh for when it matters.

As he eventually declines with age, you have him post up more, where he could carve defenses up with his passes, and by then the young guys are hopefully stars in their own right. Much like Kareem from '87-'89 (which should have been a 3peat), Lebron could still be a key piece to a title team if surrounded by the right pieces, even if he's no longer playing at a superhuman level.

Hopefully it all works out and we end up with a long title window where Lebron carries the young guys over the next two postseasons, and then it flips the other way for a few years.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
I have no doubt this guy is going to sign with the Lakers. My reason for this is I'm sure he's getting tired of taking his team to the finals only to be outmatched by better opponents. Not only is it physically taxing on his body but I'm sure he doesn't want to have too many finals losses on his record once he retires. Better to get eliminated in the early/late rounds and get some more needed rest at his age then to add another finals record loss to his resume.

Plus he has a home in LA. Also I believe it would be an easier draw to lure free agents to a city like LA then to Cleveland. Also the Lakers have lots of good assets they can use in a trade for another all-star. AND they have cap room for another all-star this summer.

Plus I'm sure in his mind if he never wins another ring, he will still go down as one of the top 5 to ever play.

The first paragraph of your post is totally out of sync with the rest of it. You basically said that you believe he's coming because he's given up on winning, but then in the rest of your post you provide reasons why he would choose the Lakers, though none of them make any sense if he'll no longer care about winning once he’s here. Luring free agents? Using assets to make a trade for another All-Star? Cap space for another All-Star? So he's attracted to the Lakers for all of those reasons, but he's done with trying to make it to the Finals? I'm lost.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
You sign him up with PG, re-sign Randle after dumping Deng with picks and off you go.

I think that's the ideal summer to me.

I also don't get people wanting to pass on Lebron. I mean the guy is only averaging 34/9/9 in the playoffs on 54.5/34.1% shooting. Is he going to age? Of course. Is any older player a risk? Of course. But he is also the best player in the game still at his age. You can't pass on that if he wants to come.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:

I also don't get people wanting to pass on Lebron. I mean the guy is only averaging 34/9/9 in the playoffs on 54.5/34.1% shooting. Is he going to age? Of course. Is any older player a risk? Of course. But he is also the best player in the game still at his age. You can't pass on that if he wants to come.

I watch LeBron, then I watch Harden/Curry/Durant and the difference is just staggeringly apparent.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:

I watch LeBron, then I watch Harden/Curry/Durant and the difference is just staggeringly apparent.

And look at the teammates he's playing with vs the guys they're playing with.

The other thing is that if Lebron signs up with PG, you can re-sign Randle to whatever it takes to keep him once you move Deng.

And Lopez would be a lock to take a wink-wink 1-year Room Exception deal to stay at that point.

That's a killer squad. And if you can keep #25 and move Deng with the '19 and '21 1sts, all the better.

That would be my ideal summer, because as much as I would want Kawhi in a vacuum, this doesn't take place in a vacuum. The certainty around Randle, Lopez, etc that would come along with not having to find the 1A max player next summer if Lebron joins up in July is too great to pass up.

Last edited by babyskyhook on Sat May 26, 2018 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
george w kush wrote:

The first paragraph of your post is totally out of sync with the rest of it. You basically said that you believe he's coming because he's given up on winning, but then in the rest of your post you provide reasons why he would choose the Lakers, though none of them make any sense if he'll no longer care about winning once he’s here. Luring free agents? Using assets to make a trade for another All-Star? Cap space for another All-Star? So he's attracted to the Lakers for all of those reasons, but he's done with trying to make it to the Finals? I'm lost.

I'm not saying he's given up on winning, but rather he will either get eliminated in the playoffs, or win another ring, but it's unlikely he gets to the finals again and loses against an Eastern opponent. Sure Boston will be very good once Kyrie and Hayward will be healthy I just think they won't be able to match up against a Lakers team with Lebron because he will likely have another 1-2 all stars playing beside him. So he will either lose hard or big win.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
tox wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:

The other thing is that if Lebron signs up with PG, you can re-sign Randle to whatever it takes to keep him once you move Deng.

And Lopez would be a lock to take a wink-wink 1-year Room Exception deal to stay at that point.

That's a killer squad. And if you can keep #25 and move Deng with the '19 and '21 1sts, all the better.

That would be my ideal summer, because as much as I would want Kawhi in a vacuum, this doesn't take place in a vacuum. The certainty around Randle, Lopez, etc that would come along with not having to find the 1A max player next summer if Lebron joins up in July is too great to pass up.

That is my fantasy as well.
Zo/ PG/ Bron/ Randle/ Lopez (nominal starter)
Death lineup with BI instead of Lopez?
Haven't even mentioned Kuz and Hart???

That is a monster 8 man rotation. Totally versatile, all 6'6-6'9 and switchable except Lopez. Just need Zo to improve his finishing and shooting and BI to increase volume at that beautiful % he shot this year.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
tox wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:

That is my fantasy as well.
Zo/ PG/ Bron/ Randle/ Lopez (nominal starter)
Death lineup with BI instead of Lopez?
Haven't even mentioned Kuz and Hart???

That is a monster 8 man rotation. Totally versatile, all 6'6-6'9 and switchable except Lopez. Just need Zo to improve his finishing and shooting and BI to increase volume at that beautiful % he shot this year.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 193 of 2082
Jump to: