The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

https://thebiglead.com/2017/08/29/lebron-lakers-space-jam-2/amp/

my money is still on Bron to the clippers
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/tmz_sports/status/1000363426844237824?s=21

Seems like a lot of trouble to do that much work on a 2nd house in a city that you aren't going to live in.

One more breadcrumb added to the trail.

Not really, tons of dudes in every sport live in Los Angeles. Most have multiple homes in different cities. It’s not a thing for the richest dude in basketball to fly to LA any time he wants. I would say LA is the city most athletes live in the offseason.

It’s his second house in LA. He’s already got one here, and if you read about the details about the work that getting done, you’ll see what I mean.

Don't forget LeBron also has a house on the Warner Bros. Studios lot.

They'll even point it out to you when you take the tour.

Can I get a recap of this Space Jams 2 thing? I've seen it in passing but never really caught up on it.

Aite. I'm sold.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Judah wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Seems like a lot of trouble to do that much work on a 2nd house in a city that you aren't going to live in.

Wow Nostradamus!

Not really, tons of dudes in every sport live in Los Angeles. Most have multiple homes in different cities. It’s not a thing for the richest dude in basketball to fly to LA any time he wants. I would say LA is the city most athletes live in the offseason.

It’s his second house in LA. He’s already got one here, and if you read about the details about the work that getting done, you’ll see what I mean.

Don't forget LeBron also has a house on the Warner Bros. Studios lot.

They'll even point it out to you when you take the tour.

Can I get a recap of this Space Jams 2 thing? I've seen it in passing but never really caught up on it.

Aite. I'm sold.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

That excerpt in the article is word for word for that Big Baller guy posted on here months back before he started freaking out and posting red carpet selfies to try and solidify that he knew what he was talking about.

Weird.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Judah wrote:

That excerpt in the article is word for word for that Big Baller guy posted on here months back before he started freaking out and posting red carpet selfies to try and solidify that he knew what he was talking about.

Weird.

From what i heard Lebron already finished filming or doing principal for Space Jam 2. The only way Lwbron isnt coming to Lakers are if Cavs win a title and he decides he has done enough for his legacy.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject:

Honestly I think there is zero chance he's stays on the Cavs. I think that situation is untenable. For a while now I've even believed if he's somehow miracles his way to a title he's still gone.

I'm not sure if he comes to us but I've said for a while now that what would surprise me most is him suiting up in a Cavs uniform next year.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Honestly I think there is zero chance he's stays on the Cavs. I think that situation is untenable. For a while now I've even believed if he's somehow miracles his way to a title he's still gone.

I'm not sure if he comes to us but I've said for a while now that what would surprise me most is him suiting up in a Cavs uniform next year.

100%. He’s gone...just wait to see who he joins next.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Judah wrote:

Weird.

Anyone have a link to that post?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
El Seano wrote:
Judah wrote:

Weird.

From what i heard Lebron already finished filming or doing principal for Space Jam 2. The only way Lwbron isnt coming to Lakers are if Cavs win a title and he decides he has done enough for his legacy.

Winning another title for Cleveland would only give him more reason to leave and come to LA so he can start preparing for his life after basketball. Either way, I think he leaves regardless. Not even winning a title will keep him in Cleveland.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Judah wrote:

I guess That would put them on the map....
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
El Seano wrote:
Judah wrote:

Weird.

Anyone have a link to that post?

I actually just went and looked it up and his post history

http://forums.lakersground.net/search.php?search_id=828773880&start=50

It isn't word for word but the point is very similar that LeBron is going to join us, that it's already decided and that it's all to do with his production company.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

StayD12
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Judah wrote:

You mean the team his good friend left, leaving $100 million on the table, after questioning their commitment to winning?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
If Lebron beats the Celtics tomorrow and then takes down the Warriors (yes I'm assuming they advance), is he the greatest player of all time?

I'm inclined to say yes. His finals record isn't great, but besides the Dallas finals, he hasn't underperformed.

His numbers speak for themselves.

Disagree, it aint' like he is beating a Celtic team of HOFers...

actually it is like that. durant, curry, klay are on their way to the HOF. not sure where draymond sits but let's not downplay the tale

nt on that squad.

See my second post addressing GS. The first one was addressing Boston. Even still, GS is no showtime, Bulls, Kobe/Shaq, Bird and Co. but it is what it is.

True, GS is potentially better than those squads.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Like Herb Simon constantly remodeling his home in Monticeto and he visits it a couple of times a year.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

I think LBJ is definitely setting up his family and after basketball life in LA. Does that mean he’s coming here? Maybe, but it’s not really a tell, since if he was going to play in other places he might still do the same thing. Whatever he’s doing, he already knows, and he likes the what is he gonna choose drama.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

Been saying this for almost a year now. Lebron and PG is a done deal. Lebron has always wanted to be the first billionaire athlete. He can do that in Philthy and Houston, but it will be so much easier in La. Lebron actually thinksmhes bigger than the Nba. He wants to take over the world, so to speak. Hollywood, Money, Fame, Business and last of all basketball.

Pg wants to be here for other reasons.

Magiinka trades top prospect for cap space, then trades fan favorite for more capspace. You do not do that unless you are sure you are getting something.

I just hope hes not too greedy to force us to lose Jr.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Isn’t it an interesting coincidence that the people who don’t want LeBron and/or Paul George to come always seem to be super convinced that they...aren’t coming?

But yeah, makes no sense to buy a mansion that costs 27 milli if you don’t intend for it to be home base.

I dont want him at all. Would rather keep Jr and get Pg and grow the young core. But im 100% sure that hes coming.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Been saying this for almost a year now. Lebron and PG is a done deal. Lebron has always wanted to be the first billionaire athlete. He can do that in Philthy and Houston, but it will be so much easier in La. Lebron actually thinksmhes bigger than the Nba. He wants to take over the world, so to speak. Hollywood, Money, Fame, Business and last of all basketball.

Magiinka trades top prospect for cap space, then trades fan favorite for more capspace. You do not do that unless you are sure you are getting something.

If he wants to do all of that then he should go to New York, the financial capital of the US. There he could be exposed to unlimited financial possibilities. But I doubt he wants anything to do with the Knicks and their inept management. Would playing for a billionaire owner further his chances of being a billionaire?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:

Lebron is too late to be the first billionaire athlete. Jordan's worth an estimated $1.65 billion.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

If he wants to do all of that then he should go to New York, the financial capital of the US. There he could be exposed to unlimited financial possibilities. But I doubt he wants anything to do with the Knicks and their inept management. Would playing for a billionaire owner further his chances of being a billionaire?

he's already in track to be a billionaire... more than on track.

less about money, more about legacy and stature outside of basketball
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

VLF you know damn well that he envisions his path to billionaire status to be through entertainment. And thus LA, not NYC, is the appropriate place for that. He's not going to go set up a hedge fund or come up with his own crypto coin.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

VLF you know damn well that he envisions his path to billionaire status to be through entertainment. And thus LA, not NYC, is the appropriate place for that. He's not going to go set up a hedge fund or come up with his own crypto coin.

What if he wants to buy Buzzfeed?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
RG73 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

What if he wants to buy Buzzfeed?

Why would he want to?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

he's already in track to be a billionaire... more than on track.

less about money, more about legacy and stature outside of basketball

At this point, unless he has some major financial blunder, Lebron could easily become a billionaire eventually with straightforward stock investments. It's really a case of what he wants to do.

Does he want to try to win some rings to challenge Jordan's legacy by, say, sticking in the east and going to Philly or going to Houston? Does he want to play in Los Angeles to get a stronger hold in the entertainment industry? Does he want to stay with Cleveland to counter the argument he's a team-hopper?

Each choice is defensible. My sense -- based on nothing defensible -- is that he hasn't locked down his choice and will do a grand tour to see what teams are willing to do to put the best possible teammates around him. As far as the Lakers, it's anyone's guess what he really thinks of the younger players, and whether he would push for any of them to be traded as a requirement to joining the team, as he did with Love in Cleveland.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 196 of 2079
Jump to: