The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 2099, 2100, 2101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I think that’s exactly what it is, it’s all about loyalty between Jeanie and LeBron right now it has nothing to do with what the team can do to accomplish being successful in the next couple of years, there gonna try convincing fans that AD and LeBron duo can still make a run
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If we had a chance to trade LeBron and someone like Rui for Durant and Nurkic we would be crazy not to consider it

Why would Lebron agree on a sign and trade to the Suns for KD? Lebron has nothing to gain by going to the Suns unless its for Bradley Beal.

You make a good point but the Suns would still be a really good team with Booker and the other solid complimentary players and maybe if there lucky they flip Beal for another good player to help Booker and LeBron

Lebron to the suns will make the suns a legit title contender.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:44 am    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If we had a chance to trade LeBron and someone like Rui for Durant and Nurkic we would be crazy not to consider it

Why would Lebron agree on a sign and trade to the Suns for KD? Lebron has nothing to gain by going to the Suns unless its for Bradley Beal.

You make a good point but the Suns would still be a really good team with Booker and the other solid complimentary players and maybe if there lucky they flip Beal for another good player to help Booker and LeBron

Lebron to the suns will make the suns a legit title contender.

Except the same limitations of his health, effort and pacing himself remain. Just one year older.

Lakers were considered to be a “ legit title contender” too. Iirc

Narrative is different than reality of a long season and required playoff intensity.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:41 am    Post subject:

I'm at the point where I think Jeanie is as terrible as Jim Buss. I can't believe the Lakers are willing to waste a draft pick on Bronny. That kid is not up to par. All to please a 40-year-old LeBron who probably won't even play most of the upcoming season. Jeanie is an imbecile, and I'm also slowly losing faith in Rob Pelinka because of this. I wasn't as critical of Pelinka's moves as others were because, at the time, they seemed like the right choices apart from Westbrick. But if Pelinka drafts Bronny just to cater to a 40-year-old star, I'm out.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject:

With LeBron, Jeanie is trying to follow the example that was set by paying Kobe to be a Laker for the tail end of his career.

I am grateful for what LeBron did for us, but it's a mistake to back up the Brinks truck for any 40 year old player. On paper it was a mistake to do it for Kobe too, but you kind of had to because of who he was to the Lakers. But this is not a winning strategy, more a business strategy.

I think the tail end of LeBron's career will be relatively more successful than Kobe's, but a championship with him as the main player is not likely.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Now they are talking about lakers using a 2nd pick on Bronny. How much longer they will milk this LeBron era? Do they really think LeBron can step up his game next year and plays better than this past season? I don’t see him shooting at 40% from three next year, he was never a good three point shooter, you just don’t add arsenal to your game when you’re 40 years old. LeBron was free of major injuries too this past season, and the odds of him repeating that won’t be very good. So I don’t know why can’t we just move on from this drama and start fresh, pair AD up with someone with at least 3-5 years of prime years left even though may not have the household name as LeBron.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
It sure what the lakers are thinking keep milking LeBron , and now they are talking about using a 2nd pick on Bronny. Do they really think LeBron can step up his game next year and plays better than this past season? I don’t see him shooting at 40% from three next year, he was never a good three point shooter, you just don’t add arsenal to your game when you’re 40 years old. LeBron was free of major injuries too this past season, and the odds of him repeating that won’t be very good. So I don’t know why can’t we just move on from this drama and start fresh, pair AD up with someone with at least 3-5 years of prime years left even though may not have the household name as LeBron.

If you keep predicting it eventually you’ll be right. Time will catch him. But you and others thought that last year, and the year before, and were wrong. The fact is he did add 3pt shooting to his arsenal and looks like…he may not, I get that…he can still produce enough to compete for a ship with the right situation.

That’s how it looks as of now. The Lakers couldn’t replace him otherwise so why not add Budenholzer, Valen from NOP, Drummond, Caruso and go after a ship?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Now they are talking about lakers using a 2nd pick on Bronny. How much longer they will milk this LeBron era? Do they really think LeBron can step up his game next year and plays better than this past season? I don’t see him shooting at 40% from three next year, he was never a good three point shooter, you just don’t add arsenal to your game when you’re 40 years old. LeBron was free of major injuries too this past season, and the odds of him repeating that won’t be very good. So I don’t know why can’t we just move on from this drama and start fresh, pair AD up with someone with at least 3-5 years of prime years left even though may not have the household name as LeBron.

Tells you that JEANIE/FO DON'T WANT TO GO ON REBUILD MODE!

They also know that Lebron lease likely agree to a S&T.

Sure they can let Lebron walk, but how would that look as an owner? Jeanie will get laughed up letting a cash cow like Lebron just walk for nothing.

As far as Lakers using a 2nd round pick on Bronny... That's all speculations right now. With Lebron/Steph/KD out of the playoffs, they need click bait to keep viewers tuned in. They say this draft is probably one of the weakest, so there's assumption out there that Bronny's stock will go up once some this draft camps starts.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
It sure what the lakers are thinking keep milking LeBron , and now they are talking about using a 2nd pick on Bronny. Do they really think LeBron can step up his game next year and plays better than this past season? I don’t see him shooting at 40% from three next year, he was never a good three point shooter, you just don’t add arsenal to your game when you’re 40 years old. LeBron was free of major injuries too this past season, and the odds of him repeating that won’t be very good. So I don’t know why can’t we just move on from this drama and start fresh, pair AD up with someone with at least 3-5 years of prime years left even though may not have the household name as LeBron.

If you keep predicting it eventually you’ll be right. Time will catch him. But you and others thought that last year, and the year before, and were wrong. The fact is he did add 3pt shooting to his arsenal and looks like…he may not, I get that…he can still produce enough to compete for a ship with the right situation.

That’s how it looks as of now. The Lakers couldn’t replace him otherwise so why not add Budenholzer, Valen from NOP, Drummond, Caruso and go after a ship?

Because you’re not winning a chip with that team. We also traded for Drummond in his prime. Changing the coach, adding a guy like Val is going to do nothing for you. You needed Lebron and AD to overachieve to be the 8th seed this year. If they don’t keep it up (most likely they will not be as good or play as many games next year) we are not even a playoff team.

When are people going to realize we are miles away from “going after a chip”?

Lebron and AD have been great, but there are better players who are sitting their ass at home right now too.

This thing needs to be completely blown up.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:27 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Sure they can let Lebron walk, but how would that look as an owner? Jeanie will get laughed up letting a cash cow like Lebron just walk for nothing.

As far as Lakers using a 2nd round pick on Bronny... That's all speculations right now. With Lebron/Steph/KD out of the playoffs, they need click bait to keep viewers tuned in. They say this draft is probably one of the weakest, so there's assumption out there that Bronny's stock will go up once some this draft camps starts.

Everyone knows what Jeanie/FO wants.

First off they are delusional just like some Laker fans that this core is ever going to sniff a championship.

Second, signing Lebron and keeping things the way they are + trying to get Bronny = profit profit profit. At the end of the day this is a business and money is nice. Money for Jeanie, money for Lebron and entertainment for the fake Laker fans that sit courtside every day. Why would she jeopardize all that? For the sake of winning? HA.

As much as I want to win as a fan, if I owned the business and I knew I could secure tons of money by doing whatever Lebron wants, I’m probably going to go with that. It sucks for true fans who just want to win, but that wouldn’t be my problem nor is it Jeanie’s.

Last edited by Snipes on Sun May 12, 2024 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:29 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

If LeBron is still trying to win championships he will decide what to do once we see who they hire as coach and who they bring to help the team, I don’t think anything is set in stone on LeBron coming back
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

If LeBron is still trying to win championships he will decide what to do once we see who they hire as coach and who they bring to help the team, I don’t think anything is set in stone on LeBron coming back

He isn’t. He knows he doesn’t have enough. This is a guy that was building super teams in his prime to compete for rings. Now he’s going out there with the same bubble playoff squad year in and year out. His legacy is set, the evidence is there. Self proclaiming himself as GOAT + saying in numerous occasions that there’s no need for him to still be playing for his legacy says it all.

If he was dead serious about winning he would sign just about anywhere else. He wants the LA life, the money and everything else. Winning is so old to him now. He left Cleveland twice, Miami and his best friend Wade once in the middle of the night. I refuse to believe he’s sticking it out here and trying to win for the Lakers out of loyalty.
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:21 am    Post subject:

Lebron is a billionaire, I don’t think he really gives a (bleep)
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie is just using the formula proven during the last years of the Kobe era. Milk the rest of the remaining life of the star power of a superstar player even if the team is bordering on being non-competitive in the playoffs or not making the playoffs. A lot of fans will still show up to pay to see this elite player play even if the team is not competitive. Meanwhile Laker fans will have a front row seat to watch the rest of the league progress with much younger players and lineups.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 12:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Jeanie is just using the formula proven during the last years of the Kobe era. Milk the rest of the remaining life of the star power of a superstar player even if the team is bordering on being non-competitive in the playoffs or not making the playoffs. A lot of fans will still show up to pay to see this elite player play even if the team is not competitive. Meanwhile Laker fans will have a front row seat to watch the rest of the league progress with much younger players and lineups.

Weak draft with Pels most likely taking our 2025 pick. So can’t rebuild next year either. What do you do if your Jeanie? Might as well rake in all the cash the next 2 seasons.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:39 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
But if Pelinka drafts Bronny just to cater to a 40-year-old star, I'm out.
Same here.

I’ve patiently supported lean rosters during Elmore Smith, Sedale Threatt, Kwame Brown, & MozDeng eras. I have no intention of supporting a deliberate stunt that would put the needs of the team behind Lebron’s fantasy wishes, while mgmt rakes in the profits.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:30 pm    Post subject:

is keeping Lebron worth a 2nd round pick? you can buy one for a mil. how much money does Lebron generate for the team? probably more than the cost of the draft pick
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:38 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
is keeping Lebron worth a 2nd round pick? you can buy one for a mil. how much money does Lebron generate for the team? probably more than the cost of the draft pick

it's not just the money, you're missing the point. drafting Bronny to beg LeBron stay will make Laker organization look like fool. the no. 1 thing to do on the front office agenda is NOT to please LeBron, if he wants to go then let him go, we pair up AD with someone younger. i don't think the end result will be any worse than a play-in/1st round exit even with a healthy LeBron. but if making ownership $$$ off of the storyline, then, yes drafting Bronny makes perfect sense for the Buss family to milk even more $$$ off of LeBron.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie is gonna rake in the dough for Lebrons farewell tour. This was the plan all along. In the grand scheme of things…what’s the big deal putting off the rebuild another couple of years? (Not saying I agree I’m just saying this is Jeanie’s thought progress)

Lakers are championship or bust, welp since we’re not winning a title…Jenaie for damn sure it’s gonna profit off of Lebrons final seasons.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Well, we have the casino circuit for washed up geriatric singers; I believe that's ample inspiration for Jeannie and her vision of what lies ahead for the Lakers brand and Laker fans.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:58 pm    Post subject:

uh oh, he's going back to the cavs, lol

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40141128/lakers-lebron-james-back-cleveland-celtics-cavaliers-game-4

LeBron attends Celtics-Cavs Game 4 in Cleveland
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40141128/lakers-lebron-james-back-cleveland-celtics-cavaliers-game-4

Let the Cavs draft Bronny and Lebron can finish his career where it started. Makes the most sense for all involved.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Let the Cavs draft Bronny and Lebron can finish his career where it started. Makes the most sense for all involved.

He never said he hoped Bronny gets drafted by the Lakers so you might be on to something
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:22 pm    Post subject:

His kid is in Chicago at the combine.. most likely explains some of this.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

He never said he hoped Bronny gets drafted by the Lakers so you might be on to something

I also think it makes sense for Lebron. Sports icons should finish their careers where it all started. It always pissed me off that Tom Brady finished his career as a Buc. Lebron is from Cleveland, he should finish his career there. They are also the type of franchise that could handle a side show with Bronny because a small market needs to see tickets.

Lakers don’t need Lebron to sell tickets. They never have
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 2099, 2100, 2101  Next
Page 2100 of 2101
Jump to: