The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 399, 400, 401 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

How can CP3 be LA bound if the Lakers don't want him? Unless he wants to rejoin the Clippers?

No thnx old man injury proned CP3.

I doubt he would come here on vet min but maybe playing alongside his best bud with a real chance at a ring would be more valuable to him right now than $34M. Who knows?

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
How can CP3 be LA bound if the Lakers don't want him? Unless he wants to rejoin the Clippers?

No thnx old man injury proned CP3.

Yep.
Unless he proves his hammy is OK and takes a large pay cut, just say no.
But who's saying yes anyway?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

400 pages
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

Kemba wouldn't change his mind if he and the family were already set on coming here... but if he truly wasn't... Kemba would be a perfect compliment.

He'd be like Kyrie without the ego... and the last two years his production and efficiency have almost been at the same level.
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

I hope this is true (the Paul staying with Houston, not recruiting LeBron part)

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250238/Chris-Paul-Will-Re-Sign-With-Rockets-Focused-On-Recruiting-LeBron-James

I don't want CP3: he's never around when you need him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

Tas Melas (@TasMelas) Tweeted:
Why LeBron is going to the Lakers this offseason: https://t.co/4Mzn7mNhI7 https://twitter.com/TasMelas/status/1009075673204477952?s=17
AZLaker3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but why are people so quickly to decide that if LeBron is here, Lonzo is gone? I've seen rumors about this, but still don't see why that's the case. Idk why LeBron would go out of the way to come to his summer league game, wish him a happy birthday on Twitter, and purposely put his jersey over his mouth to give him "words of encouragement" after they played for the whole world to see.

He went out of his way to for all these instances. That's something you don't do if you've already decided on LA for the last year like some claim . Something doesn't add up
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

AZLaker3 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but why are people so quickly to decide that if LeBron is here, Lonzo is gone? I've seen rumors about this, but still don't see why that's the case. Idk why LeBron would go out of the way to come to his summer league game, wish him a happy birthday on Twitter, and purposely put his jersey over his mouth to give him "words of encouragement" after they played for the whole world to see.

He went out of his way to for all these instances. That's something you don't do if you've already decided on LA for the last year like some claim . Something doesn't add up

I think the idea is that they'd use Lonzo to trade for Kawhi or an additional All-Star. Not so much that Lebron dislikes Lonzo.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250238/Chris-Paul-Will-Re-Sign-With-Rockets-Focused-On-Recruiting-LeBron-James

Quote:
Chris Paul is expected to re-sign with the Houston Rockets this offseason and he has become more focused on recruiting LeBron James to the franchise.

"His focus has been to stay in Houston all along," said Adrian Wojnarowski on ESPN's Monday night draft coverage. "Unless Houston blinked and sort of changed course on the kind of financial commitment, length of deal, that I think they thought they would do all along. They have shown no indication in Houston of not following through on the kind of big deal Chris Paul expected when he opted in and got traded there.

"You know, Chris is going to return there. Right now, his focus isn't so much on his own free agency, he's trying to recruit LeBron James to Houston. Somebody close to him said to me, 'He is as focused on recruiting LeBron as anything he's done in this league. He wants to find a way.'

Who is our "Chris Paul" trying to recruit LeBron to the Lakers?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

Quote:
Chris Paul is expected to re-sign with the Houston Rockets this offseason and he has become more focused on recruiting LeBron James to the franchise.

"His focus has been to stay in Houston all along," said Adrian Wojnarowski on ESPN's Monday night draft coverage. "Unless Houston blinked and sort of changed course on the kind of financial commitment, length of deal, that I think they thought they would do all along. They have shown no indication in Houston of not following through on the kind of big deal Chris Paul expected when he opted in and got traded there.

"You know, Chris is going to return there. Right now, his focus isn't so much on his own free agency, he's trying to recruit LeBron James to Houston. Somebody close to him said to me, 'He is as focused on recruiting LeBron as anything he's done in this league. He wants to find a way.'

LaVar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

Quote:

Magic and PG
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

Quote:

Magic and PG

Deng
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Eight reasons why LeBron James is headed to the Los Angeles Lakers this summer

Quote:
LeBron James has yet to decide where he will play for the 2018-19 season.

There are many reasons why LeBron is going to the Los Angeles Lakers this summer. Here are eight prime ones to consider.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/06/19/why-lebron-james-may-be-headed-lakers-summer-free-agency
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

Quote:

Probably LBJ's own two $20m+ mansions.
rancar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

Quote:

Magic and PG

PG is not coming.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

rancar wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

Quote:

Magic and PG

PG is not coming.

Maybe because he's already in LA?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

Guys saying Magic, he can't even speak with LeBron yet for another 11 days. #tampering
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
rancar wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

Quote:

Magic and PG

PG is not coming.

Maybe because he's already in LA?

Lakers are running the risk of putting all their eggs in the Lebron basket. if he's using LA for leverage, then that could leave us with no FAs.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

AZLaker3 wrote:

You're wise to be suspicious. There's no logical connection between LeBron coming and Lonzo being traded. This all started because Chris Haynes speculated about it as a possibility. Ever since, the media has been running with it as if it's something that is actually in play. But LeBron likes Lonzo. A lot. Don't buy it when these idiots in the media say that LeBron is going to have him traded.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

Quote:

They don't need a Chris Paul to do that. They've been tampering with LeBron through Rich Paul for a year now. Probably just got done doing some more tampering earlier this morning. And I'm sure there will be a few more tampering lunches and tampering dinners before free agency kicks off. The Lakers are good.

Last edited by Judah on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

LaVar: "Lonzo is going to make LeBron better."

LaVar is our only hope to recruit LeBron now without tampering! Come LeBron!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
LaVar: "Lonzo is going to make LeBron better."

LaVar is our only hope to recruit LeBron now without tampering! Come LeBron!

He's been saying that about everyone.
Most of us don't wanna hear things like that.... yet.
Once someone gets to a Steve Nash level, that's one thing, but not as a 2nd year player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

I wouldn’t be completely shocked if George resigns with OKC but LeBron commits to the Lakers... just as long as the Lakers build a team around LeBron that he would support.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
After graduating high school, (Rich) Paul was buying throwback jerseys from Atlanta and selling them out of his trunk in Cleveland. In 2002 he met LeBron James, who was impressed by Paul's authentic Warren Moon throwback jersey, at the Akron-Canton Airport; both on their way to Atlanta, Paul to restock and LeBron to the Final Four. The two exchanged contact information, and soon Paul hooked James up with a Magic Johnson Lakers jersey and a Joe Namath Rams uniform.

How we've come full circle lol It's meant to be

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Paul
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Quote:
After graduating high school, (Rich) Paul was buying throwback jerseys from Atlanta and selling them out of his trunk in Cleveland. In 2002 he met LeBron James, who was impressed by Paul's authentic Warren Moon throwback jersey, at the Akron-Canton Airport; both on their way to Atlanta, Paul to restock and LeBron to the Final Four. The two exchanged contact information, and soon Paul hooked James up with a Magic Johnson Lakers jersey and a Joe Namath Rams uniform.

How we've come full circle lol It's meant to be

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Paul

That vulture!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 399, 400, 401 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 400 of 2082
Jump to: