The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
No to Boogie. He scores, but he takes a lot of shots and he does not play defense. Not sure he would be a good fit on the team. But man, Ball would get him a lot of great looks. hmmmm...

He's too much of a cancer (personality wise). Too high risk/high reward situation.

He is improving. I think on a great team, most guys behave better.

Maybe he is. I need to see it first. On the court.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think it will likely come down to 4 iterations:

1. LBJ/PG13

2. PG13/Boogie

3. PG13/WB

4. PG13/split max b/w KCP/Lopez.

I think it will either be LBJ/PG13/Boogie (via Julius sign and trade) or PG13/Boogie with Julius resigned.

I do not see Westbrook coming now that we have Lonzo.

Plan A: LeBron + PG + convince Lopez to take a light deal
Plan B: LeBron + Cousins
Plan C: PG + Cousins

We'd be lucky to end up with any iteration of the guys. LeBron is definitely the prize that automatically makes us a contender.

If it's PG + DMC, then sign Randle via bird rights, go over the cap, and hope that we continue to find 2nd round gems and find quality free agents willing to sign on the cheap.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Wait, USC, are you saying you prefer Kyrie to Lebron?

I don't understand why we're even talking about him.

Huh?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Ball
Ingram
George
LBJ
ANYBODY

Wins the NBA Championship next year if all are healthy.

Dubs are a great team . . . but 71 years of NBA History show that it is extremely hard make 4 straight Finals.

1981-85 Lakers made 4 in a row, winning 2
1956-65 Celtics made 10 in a row, winning 9

That is it. Injuries, players leaving for free agency, etc.

that team likely doesnt even make it to conf finals let alone good enough to beat the Warriors. Ball and Ingram need 2-3 more years MINIMUM.

If Ball and Ingram will need 3 more seasons, then we wasted the #2 pick three straight drafts.

We didn't pick these dudes 2nd overall without the expectation that they would mature on a faster curve. Russell didn't and we moved him. Other 19/20 year olds have made huge leaps/been All Stars in their second seasons. Not usually - but when you take one at the top of the draft, they should hit early.

In any event, we will know by February.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Wait, USC, are you saying you prefer Kyrie to Lebron?

I don't understand why we're even talking about him.

Huh?

Never mind. The whole tangential discussion threw me off. I don't care enough about Kyrie.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
32 wrote:
Kyrie says he wants to be the man. He will never be the number one player on a championship-caliber team. He's not that good.

I don't know about that. He completely outplayed Steph in the finals, and if you were to give him the right team, the right situation that compliments his abilities, he's likely an MVP candidate. We're talking about one of the most skilled players in the league. What you think about Kyrie is probably what you thought about Curry before Kerr came along. Except Kyrie is already a proven champion.

You're probably saying that because you probably see a Russell Westbrook type performance from Kyrie in terms of high usage.

But Kyrie is a ball hogging ISO player who is shoot-first. Like I said, many players like that do not play team ball well, and rarely lead their teams deep into the playoffs. There's been exceptions like Iverson back in 01', but it's not common to have success with that formula.

His best bet is to go to SA and swallow his pride and just close out games for them, like he did with Lebron.

I don't know about that. He's just as talented offensively as the 2x MVP Curry. Curry wasn't Curry until he got into the right system. Going to SA wouldn't be swallowing his pride, it's exactly the type of system that would allow him the same leap that Curry took when Kerr came in. That team is perfect for what he wants. He wouldn't just be the closer, he'd lead them in scoring.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

mixtim wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
32 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
32 wrote:
They would if the asked to be traded.

Except it's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. IF LeBron were going to make a trade demand, he's going to have a very specific list of teams he's willing to play for AND the fact that he has a NTC pretty much allows him to nix any deal that takes too much talent from the Lakers. And let's say that the Lakers are the team he wants to be traded to, but doesn't want to see Lonzo Ball or Brandon Ingram being dealt all he has to do is exercise his NTC if the Lakers and Cavaliers agree to a deal that includes one of those two. Right now, LeBron holds all the cards.

If Lebron says he wants to be traded to the Lakers and no other team Cleveland will have no other choice then to trade him or risk getting nothing for him. Something is better than nothing at all. Lakers would probably offer the same type of deal they did for Paul George.

You said the same thing about Paul George.

And he was traded.

Not to the Lakers.

PG did not have a no-trade clause
Couldn't dictate anything

And Lebron has said he won't waive his NTC, which obviates any "choice" Cleveland has re: whether to trade him or not.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
32 wrote:
Kyrie says he wants to be the man. He will never be the number one player on a championship-caliber team. He's not that good.

I don't know about that. He completely outplayed Steph in the finals, and if you were to give him the right team, the right situation that compliments his abilities, he's likely an MVP candidate. We're talking about one of the most skilled players in the league. What you think about Kyrie is probably what you thought about Curry before Kerr came along. Except Kyrie is already a proven champion.

You're probably saying that because you probably see a Russell Westbrook type performance from Kyrie in terms of high usage.

But Kyrie is a ball hogging ISO player who is shoot-first. Like I said, many players like that do not play team ball well, and rarely lead their teams deep into the playoffs. There's been exceptions like Iverson back in 01', but it's not common to have success with that formula.

His best bet is to go to SA and swallow his pride and just close out games for them, like he did with Lebron.

I don't know about that. He's just as talented offensively as the 2x MVP Curry. Curry wasn't Curry until he got into the right system. Going to SA wouldn't be swallowing his pride, it's exactly the type of system that would allow him the same leap that Curry took when Kerr came in. That team is perfect for what he wants. He wouldn't just be the closer, he'd lead them in scoring.

Lebron's usage and shot attempts were basically identical to Kawhi's. But when you consider who creates easier looks for you (Lebron), it's not even close. And if anything, Pop would want to tamp down on Kyrie's ISO play. Seems odd to think the Spurs would offer more of what Kyrie is looking for ("it's *my* team"*) when Pop's whole mantra for player acquisition is "Guys who have gotten over themselves."

Seems Kyrie wants exactly what Lebron has in Cleveland (and what Kobe had in LA post-Shaq): he is the system, he is the one catered to on and off the court, and the team is built around his style of play, not vice versa. If he wants to go to SA, more power to him, but none of that reconciles with the reported stuff on his feelings towards playing with Lebron,.

Last edited by pjiddy on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Lebron James is playing for the Cleveland Cavs. They just won an NBA CHAMPIONSHIP a year ago.
Runner up this year.

Next year they may win it again.

Why would he want to come to LA and play for a lottery team?

things some people do for press.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Username wrote:
I'm sensing an uneasiness among some Lakers fans over the potential that LeBron could, as a member of the Lakers, approach or surpass Kobe's five rings.

The whole "only wins on a stacked roster" is nonsense because nobody is winning an NBA title in the Superteam Era without a "stacked" roster. Kobe faced off against a Boston superteam and went 1-1. LeBron faced off against a Golden State superteam and went 1-1.

He's still the best player in the world, by a pretty wide margin. There is no singular player who could single-handedly change the entire fortunes of a team like him and I don't see that changing anytime in the next few seasons.

Difference is that Lebron was also on a super team, while it was Kobe/Pau in LA. Give Kobe Love and they win rings, give him Kyrie on top of that and they're a long dynasty.

Which brings me back the point that Lebron even with stacked rosters hasn't shown the ability to go to a team constructed like the current Lakers and win. Cleveland's roster is MUCH better right now than ours, so what do people expect? Kyrie is better right now than Ball. Love is better than Ingram. Yet Bron is still leaving. Lebron will be a year older next season and post-prime. Meanwhile GS is still stacked for at least a couple more seasons, and teams SA & Hou are out there.

Was Kobe/Pau/Odom/Artest (throw in Bynum when on the floor) not a super team?

Don't fool yourself into thinking LeBron would be coming here alone. He would bring at least another star and quality role players would be lining up to play for the minimum.

No, that was defintiely not a super team. Only all-star caliber player supporting Kobe was Pau. Artest was half the player he used to be, and Odom was decent when he was high. Bynum was hurt half the year and borderline all-star caliber. Nothing super about that team.

Lebron is not some ring magnetic, so i don't get this idea that he'll part the red seas, bring in more than another star(all our cap can hold), and somehow beat teams out West. I have zero faith in Lebron, he's feasted on a horrible Eastern Conference his whole career.

And what "quality role players" would he bring? The Jr Smiths of the world? Don't remeber this happening in Cleveland much. What I dread is LA trading off its young talent for has-been roleplayers just to appease Bron and "win now". This is what happened to Miami & Cleveland.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Username wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Username wrote:
I'm sensing an uneasiness among some Lakers fans over the potential that LeBron could, as a member of the Lakers, approach or surpass Kobe's five rings.

The whole "only wins on a stacked roster" is nonsense because nobody is winning an NBA title in the Superteam Era without a "stacked" roster. Kobe faced off against a Boston superteam and went 1-1. LeBron faced off against a Golden State superteam and went 1-1.

He's still the best player in the world, by a pretty wide margin. There is no singular player who could single-handedly change the entire fortunes of a team like him and I don't see that changing anytime in the next few seasons.

Difference is that Lebron was also on a super team, while it was Kobe/Pau in LA. Give Kobe Love and they win rings, give him Kyrie on top of that and they're a long dynasty.

Which brings me back the point that Lebron even with stacked rosters hasn't shown the ability to go to a team constructed like the current Lakers and win. Cleveland's roster is MUCH better right now than ours, so what do people expect? Kyrie is better right now than Ball. Love is better than Ingram. Yet Bron is still leaving. Lebron will be a year older next season and post-prime. Meanwhile GS is still stacked for at least a couple more seasons, and teams SA & Hou are out there.

Don't fool yourself into thinking LeBron would be coming here alone. He would bring at least another star and quality role players would be lining up to play for the minimum.

(bleep) no. One superstar and an all-star is not a super team.

Pau alone was a better player than Kyrie or Love. Odom was about on par with what Love has been in Cleveland.

Love in Minnesota was a better player than Pau in Memphis. Give Kobe a player like Love and he would have been still winning titles. Give Lebron a chance to play with Pau and he would have dropped off worse than Bosh did. Stars don't excel next to Lebron. Paul George plays the same position, how would both of them even work?
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. LBJ/PG13

2. PG13/Boogie

3. PG13/WB

I think it will either be LBJ/PG13/Boogie (via Julius sign and trade) or PG13/Boogie with Julius resigned.

We'd be lucky to end up with any iteration of the guys. LeBron is definitely the prize that automatically makes us a contender.

If it's PG + DMC, then sign Randle via bird rights, go over the cap, and hope that we continue to find 2nd round gems and find quality free agents willing to sign on the cheap.

Neither PG nor Cousins are good running mates for Lebron. He needs a Kyrie/Wade type and Shooting bigs like Bosh/Love. PG plays the same exact role as Lebron, and Cousins clogs the paint which Lebron hates. Then you have young roleplayers who won't be ready.

Plan C is ok if we trust Cousins. Blowing up this roster to bring in Lebron for a couple yeas make no sense. We won't win jack, and have no future after.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
Username wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Username wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Username wrote:

Pau alone was a better player than Kyrie or Love. Odom was about on par with what Love has been in Cleveland.

Love in Minnesota was a better player than Pau in Memphis. Give Kobe a player like Love and he would have been still winning titles. Give Lebron a chance to play with Pau and he would have dropped off worse than Bosh did. Stars don't excel next to Lebron. Paul George plays the same position, how would both of them even work?

While Love might have been a hair better offensively, the defensive comparisons are not even close. It's debatable Love should even be on the floor in the 4th quarter. And Pau's Grizz at least made it to the playoffs. Love couldn't even come close. Saying Kobe would've just easily won titles with Love is easy to say and impossible to prove. Lol at "stars don't excel next to Lebron."
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Have we actually heard this from him or his camp? If anything Kyrie is looking at the Cavs turmoil and all the rumors surrounding Lebron leaving after next season. He's hearing all this talk about Lebron controlling his own destiny and sees how it will leave the Cavs and him holding the bag. So why not try to control his own destiny?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Username wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Username wrote:

Oh god. In 2016 Kyrie put up 27 4 4 in the Finals and had a higher offensive rating than Lebron when Lebron was going God mode. Not to mention hitting the game clinching shot in Game 7. At 23 years old. Give me a break. Lebron's head is swollen enough.

The ridiculous meda-driven underrating of Kyrie to bolster James' legacy is reason enough for him to leave. I would too tbh.

Last edited by levon on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers will be fine without LBJ, here.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. LBJ/PG13

2. PG13/Boogie

3. PG13/WB

Your plan C is my plan A. I prefer that combo to any others listed.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
The Lakers will be fine without LBJ, here.

I agree. It's not as though Paul George was only going to sign if Lebron did s well. It's fine if we pursue him as our priority FA, but also fine if he decides to go elsewhere or stay in Cleveland, which depending on what they get back for Kyrie, could be the case.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Username wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Username wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Username wrote:

Oh god. In 2016 Kyrie put up 27 4 4 in the Finals and had a higher offensive rating than Lebron when Lebron was going God mode. Not to mention hitting the game clinching shot in Game 7. At 23 years old. Give me a break. Lebron's head is swollen enough.

The ridiculous meda-driven underrating of Kyrie to bolster James' legacy is reason enough for him to leave. I would too tbh.

Yup, anyone who watched the cavs during the playoffs woulda seen how valuable Kyrie is for them. He was arguably their best player for stretches and did most of the heavy lifting offensively. He was also counted on to be their closer due to Lebron commonly being really gassed by third quarters.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

This. Its what i was saying during the playoffs too. If he is your best player, then your team probably isn't very good.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Lebron James is playing for the Cleveland Cavs. They just won an NBA CHAMPIONSHIP a year ago.
Runner up this year.

Next year they may win it again.

Why would he want to come to LA and play for a lottery team?

things some people do for press.

Because they are about to lose the 2nd best player on the team and he isn't playing any role in trying to build the roster there now.

Reading between the lines, isn't it easy to see why?

He isn't weighing in on Kyrie because he is going to play out one last year as a farewell year to Cleveland and then sign in Los Angeles.

It is becoming obvious, I would say as likely as George even.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie is so underrated. He could be a better offensive player than harden at his peak.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

bron is toxic stay away.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
32 wrote:

This. Its what i was saying during the playoffs too. If he is your best player, then your team probably isn't very good.

You replace him for Thomas on the Celtics or Wall in DC or Lowry in Toronto and those teams are at minimum the #2 seed in the East.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
32 wrote:

You replace him for Thomas on the Celtics or Wall in DC or Lowry in Toronto and those teams are at minimum the #2 seed in the East.

Well, Boston was #1 with Thomas.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 45 of 2086
Jump to: