LeBron James Watch: (Woj: LeBron to Lakers a target; Bucher: Execs expect LBJ to leave Cavs for Lakers - p.82)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 149, 150, 151  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Oct 2005
Posts: 625

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 2472

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Funny that LeBron just mentioned LA twice in the last hour.

Cleveland fans be shook.

Quote:
@KingJames

I'ght cool! Hit u when I'm back at the crib in LA so I know where we hoopin


Quote:
@KingJames

May have to make a day trip up there when I'm back home in LA bro!


Not that these quotes are indicatory of his plan, but there are indicatory of what is considered "home".



_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 4561

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


Yes. + kids are enrolled in LA schools.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12301
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


So do a lot of Athletes, what's made the twitter comment raise eyebrows is that when you look at his past quotes he only mentioned Cleveland " as his home" so Cleveland fans must be pretty worried right now that he's more connected with LA.

I would say this, if I'm Cleveland and I got word that my franchise player is leaving, I would try to get something now instead of losing him for nothing.

LeBron to Lakers is extremely gaining more steam by the week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12301
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


Yes. + kids are enrolled in LA schools.


He only considers Cleveland home, that is the significance of his twitter comment, he has no connections with LA, he's a straight out east coast guy so saying LA is home will only cause controversy.


Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Oct 2005
Posts: 625

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


So do a lot of Athletes, what's made the twitter comment raise eyebrows is that when you look at his past quotes he only mentioned Cleveland " as his home" so Cleveland fans must be pretty worried right now that he's more connected with LA.

I would say this, if I'm Cleveland and I got word that my franchise player is leaving, I would try to get something now instead of losing him for nothing.

LeBron to Lakers is extremely gaining more steam by the week.


Got it thanks. The use of the word "home" is key.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12301
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/9/16120086/la-lakers-lebron-james-free-agency-news-rumors-tweet-home

Sources saying his heart is in LA and not Cleveland.... Cleveland FO must be shaking in there boots right now cause they know once he bolts that franchise will not be relevant for at least the next 2 decades.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 2710

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


Yes. + kids are enrolled in LA schools.


He only considers Cleveland home, that is the significance of his twitter comment, he has no connections with LA, he's a straight out east coast guy so saying LA is home will only cause controversy.


The best basketball player on the planet has no connection to LA?

He's one of the best entertainers in the world and he has no connection to the entertainment capital in the world?

These are pretty clear indicators.
_________________
Author of James Harden and the Strip Club


"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 19127

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/9/16120086/la-lakers-lebron-james-free-agency-news-rumors-tweet-home

Sources saying his heart is in LA and not Cleveland.... Cleveland FO must be shaking in there boots right now cause they know once he bolts that franchise will not be relevant for at least the next 2 decades.


Minimum of 20 years?

Flair for the dramatic much?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 17027
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


Yes. + kids are enrolled in LA schools.


He only considers Cleveland home, that is the significance of his twitter comment, he has no connections with LA, he's a straight out east coast guy so saying LA is home will only cause controversy.


Crib in La.....

Back home in LA....

So where are you getting he only considers Cleveland home in his comments?
_________________
"They are in the West! You must go D'Angelo Russell here, or my head will explode!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12301
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


Yes. + kids are enrolled in LA schools.


He only considers Cleveland home, that is the significance of his twitter comment, he has no connections with LA, he's a straight out east coast guy so saying LA is home will only cause controversy.


The best basketball player on the planet has no connection to LA?

He's one of the best entertainers in the world and he has no connection to the entertainment capital in the world?

These are pretty clear indicators.


That's the business connection he has with LA not the fact that he mentioned LA home, when Crawford invited him to play hoops in Seattle, that is a big thing if you clearly look at it in retrospect, now this can mean nothing at all but LeBron using the word LA as a base for him will only give us a better and even a great chance to bring him on board next summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12301
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


Yes. + kids are enrolled in LA schools.


He only considers Cleveland home, that is the significance of his twitter comment, he has no connections with LA, he's a straight out east coast guy so saying LA is home will only cause controversy.


Crib in La.....

Back home in LA....

So where are you getting he only considers Cleveland home in his comments?


Isn't that the beauty of it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12301
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/9/16120086/la-lakers-lebron-james-free-agency-news-rumors-tweet-home

Sources saying his heart is in LA and not Cleveland.... Cleveland FO must be shaking in there boots right now cause they know once he bolts that franchise will not be relevant for at least the next 2 decades.


Minimum of 20 years?

Flair for the dramatic much?


Which FA is gonna want to go play in Cleveland? There is no LeBron coming out of the draft in any foreseeable future... they are gonna be overpaying for quality players similar to the Nets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 2710

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


Yes. + kids are enrolled in LA schools.


He only considers Cleveland home, that is the significance of his twitter comment, he has no connections with LA, he's a straight out east coast guy so saying LA is home will only cause controversy.


The best basketball player on the planet has no connection to LA?

He's one of the best entertainers in the world and he has no connection to the entertainment capital in the world?

These are pretty clear indicators.


That's the business connection he has with LA not the fact that he mentioned LA home, when Crawford invited him to play hoops in Seattle, that is a big thing if you clearly look at it in retrospect, now this can mean nothing at all but LeBron using the word LA as a base for him will only give us a better and even a great chance to bring him on board next summer.


We're both arguing that he's going to come. However, I think his business connections draw him to LA as home. I think he enjoyed his Miami lifestyle and wants to have the balance of both his business and his leisure.
_________________
Author of James Harden and the Strip Club


"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12301
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


Yes. + kids are enrolled in LA schools.


He only considers Cleveland home, that is the significance of his twitter comment, he has no connections with LA, he's a straight out east coast guy so saying LA is home will only cause controversy.


The best basketball player on the planet has no connection to LA?

He's one of the best entertainers in the world and he has no connection to the entertainment capital in the world?

These are pretty clear indicators.


That's the business connection he has with LA not the fact that he mentioned LA home, when Crawford invited him to play hoops in Seattle, that is a big thing if you clearly look at it in retrospect, now this can mean nothing at all but LeBron using the word LA as a base for him will only give us a better and even a great chance to bring him on board next summer.


We're both arguing that he's going to come. However, I think his business connections draw him to LA as home. I think he enjoyed his Miami lifestyle and wants to have the balance of both his business and his leisure.


So we both agree, that LeBron to Lakers is becoming more likely
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 121500
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


Yes, many NBA players have homes in LA.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 3066
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

Lebron loves sprinkling morsels to his social media followers.

Now all that's missing is for Magic to tweet out, "God is good." 😂🙄🙄
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nashlight
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 1758

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
mporter wrote:
What am I missing...doesn't LBJ legitimately have a $20 million home in L.A.?


Yes. + kids are enrolled in LA schools.


Any other player enroll their kids in a different state?

The moment LeBron enrolled his kids in Brentwood just LAST FALL should be the biggest hint he may consider retiring in LA.
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12301
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Lebron loves sprinkling morsels to his social media followers.

Now all that's missing is for Magic to tweet out, "God is good." 😂🙄🙄


All we need is a Woj bomb that Cleveland is looking to salvage the lose of LeBron by trading him for assets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
12
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 8066

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lebron loves sprinkling morsels to his social media followers.

Now all that's missing is for Magic to tweet out, "God is good." 😂🙄🙄


All we need is a Woj bomb that Cleveland is looking to salvage the lose of LeBron by trading him for assets


I would absolutely HATE that!
There's no reason to get Magic and Pelinka to double think this.

If he wants to come in FA, then by all means, welcome. But don't trade ANYONE for a 34 year old who's game is ridiculously dependent on his athleticism. Yes, he's not slowing down and has shown no signs. But he's one injury away from being irrelevant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Does LBJ's kids really live/attend schools in LA?
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nashlight
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 1758

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Does LBJ's kids really live/attend schools in LA?


Just last year.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/06/22/lebron-james-la-lakers-kids-brentwood-school-leaving-cleveland/
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 3066
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Does LBJ's kids really live/attend schools in LA?


I heard he enrolled them in LA schools last off season. I'm not sure if that continued or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 7831

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Does LBJ's kids really live/attend schools in LA?


Just last year.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/06/22/lebron-james-la-lakers-kids-brentwood-school-leaving-cleveland/


LeBron has a 12 year old, 9 year old, and a 3 year old.

As a parent myself, my kid's schools and their locations/distances are a big deal.
_________________
Quote:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Where are they enrolled this upcoming year? I don't think he wants to yank them around LA then Clev, then somewhere else.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
Page 52 of 151
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB