LeBron James Watch: (Woj: LeBron to Lakers a likely target; Sheridan: LBJ 100% Leaving - p.60)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 2122
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

It's crickets over in the Lebron section of the Cavs forum... 😂
Either they get no internet reception in the manufacturing plants or the thought of Lebron to LA is too hard for them to swallow. 😂
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 10399
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

I would say our only competition for LeBrons services next summer are the Sixers, thank god that CP3 left or else I think he would have choosen the Clippers over the Lakers and there is always West closing the deal in a meeting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 7714

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm...

Quote:
Timeline of LeBron James connections to Los Angeles


2014 - LeBron debuts 1st Hollywood box office film with Amy Schumer


2015 - LeBron buys $21 million mansion in Brentwood (more than double his $9 million home in Cleveland, while also selling his $13 million home in Miami)


2016 - LeBron enrolls his kids in Brentwood School District


2017 - Rumors swirl that LeBron is strongly considering playing in LA


2018 - ???


_________________
Quote:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 10399
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I could also see him being interested in Houston
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 118118
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lebron loves sprinkling morsels to his social media followers.

Now all that's missing is for Magic to tweet out, "God is good." 😂🙄🙄


All we need is a Woj bomb that Cleveland is looking to salvage the lose of LeBron by trading him for assets


I would absolutely HATE that!
There's no reason to get Magic and Pelinka to double think this.

If he wants to come in FA, then by all means, welcome. But don't trade ANYONE for a 34 year old who's game is ridiculously dependent on his athleticism. Yes, he's not slowing down and has shown no signs. But he's one injury away from being irrelevant.


Watching last year's Finals there were signs. He had to do so much offensively that he took a lot of defensive possessions off. The previous Finals his defensive effort was more active.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 10399
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lebron loves sprinkling morsels to his social media followers.

Now all that's missing is for Magic to tweet out, "God is good." 😂🙄🙄


All we need is a Woj bomb that Cleveland is looking to salvage the lose of LeBron by trading him for assets


I would absolutely HATE that!
There's no reason to get Magic and Pelinka to double think this.

If he wants to come in FA, then by all means, welcome. But don't trade ANYONE for a 34 year old who's game is ridiculously dependent on his athleticism. Yes, he's not slowing down and has shown no signs. But he's one injury away from being irrelevant.


Watching last year's Finals there were signs. He had to do so much offensively that he took a lot of defensive possessions off. The previous Finals his defensive effort was more active.


That blame goes to the coach, they probably had LeBron playing 40MPG during there finals run, he is no robot, he's eventually gonna feel fatigue, if he comes here we have the new trainer guy to help him stay conditioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 18230
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If only Cleveland would be opening to trading LeBron, I think he would only use his no trade clause for the Lakers and maybe the Sixers.


Doubtful. Lebron is smart. He's not gonna have the Lakers squander assets just so he play with the Not Ready for Showtime Lakers and get pasted by the Warriors in Round 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 18230
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lebron loves sprinkling morsels to his social media followers.

Now all that's missing is for Magic to tweet out, "God is good." 😂🙄🙄


All we need is a Woj bomb that Cleveland is looking to salvage the lose of LeBron by trading him for assets


I would absolutely HATE that!
There's no reason to get Magic and Pelinka to double think this.

If he wants to come in FA, then by all means, welcome. But don't trade ANYONE for a 34 year old who's game is ridiculously dependent on his athleticism. Yes, he's not slowing down and has shown no signs. But he's one injury away from being irrelevant.


Watching last year's Finals there were signs. He had to do so much offensively that he took a lot of defensive possessions off. The previous Finals his defensive effort was more active.


The previous year he was able to play the "free safety" role he prefers on defense. With Durant on the floor, he was the best defender they had to throw at him and Durant torched them when Lebron tried to take possessions off. I'm sure that's on his mind with a potential PG pairing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9076

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I would image Lebron's condition to coming here would be to stock this team with "win now" players. To do that and clear Deng off the books would require both Ingram and Ball among others. I dont see him burning through the last few years of his prime to develop our young players.
_________________
tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 1432

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lebron loves sprinkling morsels to his social media followers.

Now all that's missing is for Magic to tweet out, "God is good." 😂🙄🙄


All we need is a Woj bomb that Cleveland is looking to salvage the lose of LeBron by trading him for assets


I would absolutely HATE that!
There's no reason to get Magic and Pelinka to double think this.

If he wants to come in FA, then by all means, welcome. But don't trade ANYONE for a 34 year old who's game is ridiculously dependent on his athleticism. Yes, he's not slowing down and has shown no signs. But he's one injury away from being irrelevant.


Not that Cleveland would do it, but you can't say to not trade Anyone -- I'd gladly fly some combination of Deng, Clarkson, Brewer, Zubac, Nance, Bryant, Hart, Ellis there myself for LBJ right now. Gives us flexibility.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 1538

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I would image Lebron's condition to coming here would be to stock this team with "win now" players. To do that and clear Deng off the books would require both Ingram and Ball among others. I dont see him burning through the last few years of his prime to develop our young players.


The only reason he would choose to come is if Ingram and Ball show enough this season to make him believe he can win with them. Add in another max guy and that's a decent sized window where he's still playing at a high level.

Make no mistake, our guys will be a massive reason for ANY free agent wanting to come to this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9076

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

thats an impractical situation. No matter how promising they may look, they simply will not be ready to help Lebron overcome the Warriors while he is still in his prime. And Lebron is smart enough to know this. I can see other younger stars wanting to come here though where they can establish themselves as "the man" in LA and compete against the Warriors 3-4 years down the line
_________________
tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2002
Posts: 3058
Location: A-T-L-A-N-T-A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
thats an impractical situation. No matter how promising they may look, they simply will not be ready to help Lebron overcome the Warriors while he is still in his prime. And Lebron is smart enough to know this. I can see other younger stars wanting to come here though where they can establish themselves as "the man" in LA and compete against the Warriors 3-4 years down the line


This is simply not true. Ball and Ingram will be the same Kawaii Leonard was when the Spurs lost to the Heat in the finals in 2013 (21). Did Kawai look ready?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 118118
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
thats an impractical situation. No matter how promising they may look, they simply will not be ready to help Lebron overcome the Warriors while he is still in his prime. And Lebron is smart enough to know this. I can see other younger stars wanting to come here though where they can establish themselves as "the man" in LA and compete against the Warriors 3-4 years down the line


This is simply not true. Ball and Ingram will be the same Kawaii Leonard was when the Spurs lost to the Heat in the finals in 2013 (21). Did Kawai look ready?


No, neither is Leonard.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2002
Posts: 3058
Location: A-T-L-A-N-T-A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
thats an impractical situation. No matter how promising they may look, they simply will not be ready to help Lebron overcome the Warriors while he is still in his prime. And Lebron is smart enough to know this. I can see other younger stars wanting to come here though where they can establish themselves as "the man" in LA and compete against the Warriors 3-4 years down the line


This is simply not true. Ball and Ingram will be the same Kawaii Leonard was when the Spurs lost to the Heat in the finals in 2013 (21). Did Kawai look ready?


No, neither is Leonard.


And you know this two years from now? Leonard was in his second season, and (21) years old when the Spurs lost to the Heat. The Lakers won't play the Warriors until May of 2019, but we already know how good or bad Ingram and Ball will be .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 118118
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

Leonard looked NBA ready out of SDS, Ingram was bad last season and Ball TBD. I doubt that Lebron is excited about either. Give them 3-4 years and we can then see what they are capable of.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25725

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

LeBron James tweets about Los Angeles being 'home,' is there some subliminal messaging here, especially since he's going to be a free agent next summer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB6zrfq2lME&feature=youtu.be
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 118118
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LeBron James tweets about Los Angeles being 'home,' is there some subliminal messaging here, especially since he's going to be a free agent next summer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB6zrfq2lME&feature=youtu.be


If you want to see it, sure. Lebron is great at trolling.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
composite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 May 2005
Posts: 2954

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Does LBJ's kids really live/attend schools in LA?


Just last year.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/06/22/lebron-james-la-lakers-kids-brentwood-school-leaving-cleveland/


Plus, this from the article...

Quote:
Remember, though: Before he came back to Cleveland in 2014, the first signs of his decision came when he enrolled his kiddies in a school there. History does tend to repeat itself, guys…
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14813

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

Bronzie is coming unless we're super garbage next year or a better opportunity opens up.

I just hope when he comes we don't make shortsighted moves to please him
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 80289

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Bronzie is coming unless we're super garbage next year or a better opportunity opens up.

I just hope when he comes we don't make shortsighted moves to please him


Hopefully Magic's ego > LBJ's ego to tell him that Lonzo/Ingram will not be Wiggins'ed.
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 3279

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
thats an impractical situation. No matter how promising they may look, they simply will not be ready to help Lebron overcome the Warriors while he is still in his prime. And Lebron is smart enough to know this. I can see other younger stars wanting to come here though where they can establish themselves as "the man" in LA and compete against the Warriors 3-4 years down the line


Too many intangibles to act like the Warriors are going to win the next 2 or 3 chips. They are probably they most talented team ever. But nothing is for sure. If Durant or Curry go down they are beatable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14813

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Bronzie is coming unless we're super garbage next year or a better opportunity opens up.

I just hope when he comes we don't make shortsighted moves to please him


Hopefully Magic's ego > LBJ's ego to tell him that Lonzo/Ingram will not be Wiggins'ed.
pretty much this
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 3279

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Ball/Hart
George/Wade
Ingram/Nance
Lebron/Kuzma
Lopez/Bryant

I wouldn't be surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 2122
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Bronzie is coming unless we're super garbage next year or a better opportunity opens up.

I just hope when he comes we don't make shortsighted moves to please him


Hopefully Magic's ego > LBJ's ego to tell him that Lonzo/Ingram will not be Wiggins'ed.


Magic is the OG Alpha. He beat HIV. He fired Jim from his own team. He's a billionaire & everything he touches turns to gold. We have no problem giving up Nwaba just to give a bit more to KCP. We will make Savanah, RP, Mav, & Randy comfy & at home at Staples. We won't treat them like Riley did. But I think we would be sorely mistaken to think that Magic will let Lebron run this team. He's no Dan Gilbert. Dan Gilbert is still paying for Comic Sans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 53 of 74
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB