The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
That old saying "AGE is just a Number" - that's LeBron.

LeBron kicks age in the butt! Him at 32 years old last season was still better than most of these younger 28 year old All-stars currently in their primes.

Fans seem to have this fear that LeBron will be 33 when he plays here and he is going to age as bad as Kobe did and retire by 36. LeBron at 36 will still be better than half of the All-stars that are 3 years younger than him. I wouldn't be surprise if he plays til he's 38 and still makes an All-star team.

Yeah, I think LeBron has a good 3 years left in him of being a top 5 player and probably 5 years as a top 20 player. Pairing him with Ball and Ingram is a great idea because as Bron starts to decline those guys will come into their prime. Add in PG and we could be in championship mode for the next 6 years with Lebron. If we can sneak a couple championships into that window LeBron might end up being remembered as Laker even more than a Heat or Cav.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

LeBron kicks age in the butt! Him at 32 years old last season was still better than most of these younger 28 year old All-stars currently in their primes.

Fans seem to have this fear that LeBron will be 33 when he plays here and he is going to age as bad as Kobe did and retire by 36. LeBron at 36 will still be better than half of the All-stars that are 3 years younger than him. I wouldn't be surprise if he plays til he's 38 and still makes an All-star team.

Has less to do with his age then his career mins played. Ignoring it does not diminish it.

Between heavy mpg and multiple deep playoff runs he is already over 50,000 mins and likely will add over 3000 more this season.

Drop off is inevitable. Just matters on the when. Especially if he has a significant season ending injury to deal with. Look at the difference with Kobe as a comparison. Wonder if James would have the same fanatical drive to rehab and return. No ties to team, focused on developing his businesses. What is his motivation to return?

Building around James (both financially and roster wise ) at this point in his career is a huge risk. Certainly more then some seem to think. He is declining and it is very doubtful he is playing until he is 40. JMO but even him playing 3 more years seems optimistic to me.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

When Ball and Ingram come into their primes Lebron will be approaching 40 and retired. It will be a poor fit but hey, names are cool!
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Car54 wrote:
2019 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
As Lebron and pg age? lol Lebron will already be old as crap if he comes here and essentially a dinosaur by mins played and mileage. It could turn into a Karl Malone situation real quick. If we sign Lebron to let's say a two year contract, what are the chances we can sign another free agent to a max when his deal is up considering we'd have our young guys like Ingram to think about. Isn't it a better option to sign a player in his prime like cousins considering next summer is the last time we're going to be able to sign a max for a long time, or am I off base in that thinking?

Yet he's still easily the best player in the NBA....

For how long? Some would argue KD is the best now. He sure looked the part in the finals going head to head

LeBron: 34/12/10 on 56% shooting

Durant: 35/8/5 on 55% shooting

It could be debated but I'd take older LeBron as better than prime Durant of last year. If LeBron had Curry and Klay last year, actual shooters that compliment his game, Durant would be ringless.

Its actually impressive that LeBron at 32 years was better or at least still playing on the level of a younger prime Durant at 28 years.
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Car54 wrote:
2019 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
As Lebron and pg age? lol Lebron will already be old as crap if he comes here and essentially a dinosaur by mins played and mileage. It could turn into a Karl Malone situation real quick. If we sign Lebron to let's say a two year contract, what are the chances we can sign another free agent to a max when his deal is up considering we'd have our young guys like Ingram to think about. Isn't it a better option to sign a player in his prime like cousins considering next summer is the last time we're going to be able to sign a max for a long time, or am I off base in that thinking?

Yet he's still easily the best player in the NBA....

For how long? Some would argue KD is the best now. He sure looked the part in the finals going head to head

LeBron: 34/12/10 on 56% shooting

Durant: 35/8/5 on 55% shooting

It could be debated but I'd take older LeBron as better than prime Durant of last year. If LeBron had Curry and Klay last year, actual shooters that compliment his game, Durant would be ringless.

Its actually impressive that LeBron at 32 years was better or at least still playing on the level of a younger prime Durant at 28 years.

If the they replaced Durant with Kobe, they could still beat LeBron last year.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

The current reigning mvp >>> PG13

How do you beat two mvp's in Curry & Durant? With two mvp's in West & James.

Pg13 might he a better fit but thats like picking Cousins over Shaq because hes a better fit and can hit 3's. The two players aren't on the same level.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
When Ball and Ingram come into their primes Lebron will be approaching 40 and retired. It will be a poor fit but hey, names are cool!

Ball and Ingram will be much better players having learned and played with one of the best player.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Ball and Ingram will be much better players having learned and played with one of the best player.

VLF Lebron James isn't just a cool name he's the player in the game. If you go by the eye test or use anayltics/RPM.

He's older now so there is some drawbacks but he the only player in the game with a 8+ rpm score and has 3 championships and he's never been hurt.

It's a risk that can set the lakers back 3 years but its one i think they should take if they get West also.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@sheridanhoops

One follow-up tweet on LeBron leaving Cleveland next summer: Denials from his reps are disingenuous. They will/must lie to protect his image

Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
Quote:
@sheridanhoops

One follow-up tweet on LeBron leaving Cleveland next summer: Denials from his reps are disingenuous. They will/must lie to protect his image

I dont trust this guy
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Same age gap as Magic and Kareem had, and James put up much better numbers at his Age 32 season than Kareem did at his.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Lbj and WB are a terrible combo let alone 36m each.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nashlight wrote:
Quote:
@sheridanhoops

I dont trust this guy

Trust in Chris Sheridan.

7/9/14:

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/statuses/487014354756599809

Quote:
@sheridanhoops

LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, source tells Sheridanhoops @KingJames #LeBronToClev

7/11/14:

https://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

Quote:
SI: LeBron James announces he's returning to Cleveland

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
Quote:
@sheridanhoops

I think the possibly of a LeBron trade is likely with the news of him being discontent in Cleveland, there is no way Cavs want to go into the season with a dark cloud hanging over there franchise, I think there is a 20% chance that LeBron is traded.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nashlight wrote:
Quote:
@sheridanhoops

I dont trust this guy

Trust in Chris Sheridan.

7/9/14:

7/11/14:

He had a good guess last time... i guessed Cleveland too but It doesn't mean I have inside sources. I'm guessing Lakers this time also but it doesn't mean I have any clue what's going to happen and nether does this guy he's just lying to get attention. But if he's right again I'll give him a little more of my attention.

Has he ever got anything else right?

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Don't fit the narrative of Magic only wants names.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nashlight wrote:
Quote:
@sheridanhoops

I dont trust this guy

Trust in Chris Sheridan.

7/9/14:

7/11/14:

He had a good guess last time... i guessed Cleveland too but It doesn't mean I have inside sources. I'm guessing Lakers this time also but it doesn't mean I have any clue what's going to happen and nether does this guy he's just lying to get attention.

The real alternative is to wait it and out and see who's right or wrong. I for one will not be shocked if the Cavs end up exploring a trade for LeBron, if he has already decided to leave I doubt the Cavs want that distraction on there team next year... things are gonna get very interesting before TC.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Has less to do with his age then his career mins played. Ignoring it does not diminish it.

Between heavy mpg and multiple deep playoff runs he is already over 50,000 mins and likely will add over 3000 more this season.

Drop off is inevitable. Just matters on the when. Especially if he has a significant season ending injury to deal with. Look at the difference with Kobe as a comparison. Wonder if James would have the same fanatical drive to rehab and return. No ties to team, focused on developing his businesses. What is his motivation to return?

Building around James (both financially and roster wise ) at this point in his career is a huge risk. Certainly more then some seem to think. He is declining and it is very doubtful he is playing until he is 40. JMO but even him playing 3 more years seems optimistic to me.

Repeated for truth.

Look I would not look a gift horse or LeBron in the mouth but the fact remains he has already played as many minutes as Shaq in his entire career. He's played 3000 more minutes than Pau and 6,000 more minutes than Melo at this point. By the end of this season he will bypass Hakeem, VC, Malone, and possibly Paul Pierce in NBA minutes played.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

One of my friends employed at UCLA said that he's heard LeBron is coming to workout/play there sometime in the next few days.

Who knows, maybe he'll visit the new Lakers practice facility there?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Repeated for truth.

Look I would not look a gift horse or LeBron in the mouth but the fact remains he has already played as many minutes as Shaq in his entire career. He's played 3000 more minutes than Pau and 6,000 more minutes than Melo at this point. By the end of this season he will bypass Hakeem, VC, Malone, and possibly Paul Pierce in NBA minutes played.

And???

Age, minutes, those types of numbers doesn't matter for LeBron.

So what if he's played as much as Shaq's entire career? Did he have the same fallout and production as old Shaq at that same time minutes played? No. LeBron was still the best player.

Some really don't get it. LeBron's a different kind of unicorn. Him playing 50k minutes is more like Shaq having played only 40K minutes. That's why 32 year old LeBron is still better than most 28 year old stars in their primes right now. Yes it doesn't make sense on paper and all these stats comparisons, but for LeBron it does. It's like he's found some fountain of youth. Age, minutes, all these number restrictions are being thrown out the window when it comes to LeBron.

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
One of my friends employed at UCLA said that he's heard LeBron is coming to workout/play there sometime in the next few days.

LeBron has been everywhere, recently he was spotted with Irving in Miami, how great would it be if we somehow landed LeBron right now with all the leverage on our side and the chance that Cleveland might have to settle for value instead of asking for the farm...

Oh man if Magic and Pelinka can put something together to get LeBron now..... they deserve a statue.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nashlight wrote:
Quote:
@sheridanhoops

I dont trust this guy

Trust in Chris Sheridan.

7/9/14:

7/11/14:

He had a good guess last time... i guessed Cleveland too but It doesn't mean I have inside sources. I'm guessing Lakers this time also but it doesn't mean I have any clue what's going to happen and nether does this guy he's just lying to get attention.

The real alternative is to wait it and out and see who's right or wrong. I for one will not be shocked if the Cavs end up exploring a trade for LeBron, if he has already decided to leave I doubt the Cavs want that distraction on there team next year... things are gonna get very interesting before TC.

LeBron has a no trade clause. He could just play out the season and go to the team he wants to go to so they don't have to give up assets.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

LeBron has been everywhere, recently he was spotted with Irving in Miami, how great would it be if we somehow landed LeBron right now with all the leverage on our side and the chance that Cleveland might have to settle for value instead of asking for the farm...

Oh man if Magic and Pelinka can put something together to get LeBron now..... they deserve a statue.

He was also in downtown Toronto at Ryerson University a couple of weekends ago.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

VLF Lebron James isn't just a cool name he's the player in the game. If you go by the eye test or use anayltics/RPM.

He's older now so there is some drawbacks but he the only player in the game with a 8+ rpm score and has 3 championships and he's never been hurt.

It's a risk that can set the lakers back 3 years but its one i think they should take if they get West also.

I am not against getting Lebron, I am in favor of it. I just don't believe that doing so gets us in the Finals, assuming we don't deal Ball and Ingram for vets, then the pieces don't fit. But first/second round exits beat the lottery.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
daytripper wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Repeated for truth.

And???

Age, minutes, those types of numbers doesn't matter for LeBron.

So what if he's played as much as Shaq's entire career? Did he have the same fallout and production as old Shaq at that same time minutes played? No. LeBron was still the best player.

Some really don't get it. LeBron's a different kind of unicorn. Him playing 50k minutes is more like Shaq having played only 40K minutes. That's why 32 year old LeBron is still better than most 28 year old stars in their primes right now. Yes it doesn't make sense on paper and all these stats comparisons, but for LeBron it does. It's like he's found some fountain of youth. Age, minutes, all these number restrictions are being thrown out the window when it comes to LeBron.

LeBron's physique, body of work, and his stability and stamina shouldn't be compared to the likes of Shaq or Melo or even Paul Pierce, yuck!

The fact that LeBron always keeps himself in top shape with bulk (and I mean bulk) is one of the reason why he's never had a major injury his entire career and why he's playing at such a high MVP level still when his peers like Melo/Wade/Bosh have all fallen off already 2 years ago.

LeBron's averaging nearly 77 games a season played and has only missed at most 13 games in 1 season - that's Kareem-esque numbers (78 average) and any of those missed games were mostly for coaches resting their star players for the playoffs. LeBron could easily age like Kareem did and at least play til he's 38 and still be effective. Kareem was still really good at age 38, it wasn't until his last 3 years age 39 through 41 when he started dipping.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 65 of 2086
Jump to: