The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
When Ball and Ingram come into their primes Lebron will be approaching 40 and retired. It will be a poor fit but hey, names are cool!

Ball and Ingram will be much better players having learned and played with one of the best player.

VLF Lebron James isn't just a cool name he's the player in the game. If you go by the eye test or use anayltics/RPM.

He's older now so there is some drawbacks but he the only player in the game with a 8+ rpm score and has 3 championships and he's never been hurt.

It's a risk that can set the lakers back 3 years but its one i think they should take if they get West also.

I am not against getting Lebron, I am in favor of it. I just don't believe that doing so gets us in the Finals, assuming we don't deal Ball and Ingram for vets, then the pieces don't fit. But first/second round exits beat the lottery.

Glad you're being clear here. Can't always play both sides like you did with Dwight. "We will make the WCF minimum with Dwight", then it was "Dwight sucked here! I told everyone!"

This guy
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
When Ball and Ingram come into their primes Lebron will be approaching 40 and retired. It will be a poor fit but hey, names are cool!

Ball and Ingram will be much better players having learned and played with one of the best player.

VLF Lebron James isn't just a cool name he's the player in the game. If you go by the eye test or use anayltics/RPM.

He's older now so there is some drawbacks but he the only player in the game with a 8+ rpm score and has 3 championships and he's never been hurt.

It's a risk that can set the lakers back 3 years but its one i think they should take if they get West also.

I am not against getting Lebron, I am in favor of it. I just don't believe that doing so gets us in the Finals, assuming we don't deal Ball and Ingram for vets, then the pieces don't fit. But first/second round exits beat the lottery.

Glad you're being clear here. Can't always play both sides like you did with Dwight. "We will make the WCF minimum with Dwight", then it was "Dwight sucked here! I told everyone!"

This guy

I never wanted Dwight.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nashlight wrote:
Quote:
@sheridanhoops

One follow-up tweet on LeBron leaving Cleveland next summer: Denials from his reps are disingenuous. They will/must lie to protect his image

I dont trust this guy

Trust in Chris Sheridan.

7/9/14:

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/statuses/487014354756599809

7/11/14:

https://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

He had a good guess last time... i guessed Cleveland too but It doesn't mean I have inside sources. I'm guessing Lakers this time also but it doesn't mean I have any clue what's going to happen and nether does this guy he's just lying to get attention.

The real alternative is to wait it and out and see who's right or wrong. I for one will not be shocked if the Cavs end up exploring a trade for LeBron, if he has already decided to leave I doubt the Cavs want that distraction on there team next year... things are gonna get very interesting before TC.

LeBron has a no trade clause. He could just play out the season and go to the team he wants to go to so they don't have to give up assets.

Again, if he has decided to leave Cleveland, I see no reason why he would want his team being clouded by it, if he was happy with Cleelvand and even willing to play out his contract until next summer, then yeah your right he can play out the season in Cleveland but if he has already decided to bolt in 2018 then it's a real risk taking that kind of problem into the season, imagine if your the Cavs and your trying to get back to winning a title and all the media asks all day is the LeBron status next summer, that's a real tough thing to go through.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
daytripper wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
That old saying "AGE is just a Number" - that's LeBron.

LeBron kicks age in the butt! Him at 32 years old last season was still better than most of these younger 28 year old All-stars currently in their primes.

Fans seem to have this fear that LeBron will be 33 when he plays here and he is going to age as bad as Kobe did and retire by 36. LeBron at 36 will still be better than half of the All-stars that are 3 years younger than him. I wouldn't be surprise if he plays til he's 38 and still makes an All-star team.

Has less to do with his age then his career mins played. Ignoring it does not diminish it.

Between heavy mpg and multiple deep playoff runs he is already over 50,000 mins and likely will add over 3000 more this season.

Drop off is inevitable. Just matters on the when. Especially if he has a significant season ending injury to deal with. Look at the difference with Kobe as a comparison. Wonder if James would have the same fanatical drive to rehab and return. No ties to team, focused on developing his businesses. What is his motivation to return?

Building around James (both financially and roster wise ) at this point in his career is a huge risk. Certainly more then some seem to think. He is declining and it is very doubtful he is playing until he is 40. JMO but even him playing 3 more years seems optimistic to me.

Repeated for truth.

Look I would not look a gift horse or LeBron in the mouth but the fact remains he has already played as many minutes as Shaq in his entire career. He's played 3000 more minutes than Pau and 6,000 more minutes than Melo at this point. By the end of this season he will bypass Hakeem, VC, Malone, and possibly Paul Pierce in NBA minutes played.

And???

Age, minutes, those types of numbers doesn't matter for LeBron.

So what if he's played as much as Shaq's entire career? Did he have the same fallout and production as old Shaq at that same time minutes played? No. LeBron was still the best player.

Some really don't get it. LeBron's a different kind of unicorn. Him playing 50k minutes is more like Shaq having played only 40K minutes. That's why 32 year old LeBron is still better than most 28 year old stars in their primes right now. Yes it doesn't make sense on paper and all these stats comparisons, but for LeBron it does. It's like he's found some fountain of youth. Age, minutes, all these number restrictions are being thrown out the window when it comes to LeBron.

LeBron's physique, body of work, and his stability and stamina shouldn't be compared to the likes of Shaq or Melo or even Paul Pierce, yuck!

The fact that LeBron always keeps himself in top shape with bulk (and I mean bulk) is one of the reason why he's never had a major injury his entire career and why he's playing at such a high MVP level still when his peers like Melo/Wade/Bosh have all fallen off already 2 years ago.

LeBron's averaging nearly 77 games a season played and has only missed at most 13 games in 1 season - that's Kareem-esque numbers (78 average) and any of those missed games were mostly for coaches resting their star players for the playoffs. LeBron could easily age like Kareem did and at least play til he's 38 and still be effective. Kareem was still really good at age 38, it wasn't until his last 3 years age 39 through 41 when he started dipping.

Exactly.

Not everyone ages the same. Not everyone plays the same, has the same body type, regiment or workout. Some people live up to their 80s, others can live up to 100.

Who cares if LeBron played over 50k minutes already. So what? He's on pace to finish with freaking 60k-65k minutes played. I only would've cared if he was falling apart like Shaq did at 50k. But 50k LeBron is still MVP freaking material in the league.

I would bet LeBron would even age better than Paul George who is 4 years younger than him.

Throw away those age, minutes comparisons away. LeBron's physique and stamina is a unicorn that other unicorns have only heard legends about. At 32 he is currently still playing like most 28-29 year olds in their primes right now.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Give him a 5 year 200+ max contract. I would be happy if he gets us at least 2 rings in that time span and us keeping BALL/PG/INGRAM when he retires. I think he can play till 37-38 ish at a high level.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
daytripper wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

LeBron kicks age in the butt! Him at 32 years old last season was still better than most of these younger 28 year old All-stars currently in their primes.

Fans seem to have this fear that LeBron will be 33 when he plays here and he is going to age as bad as Kobe did and retire by 36. LeBron at 36 will still be better than half of the All-stars that are 3 years younger than him. I wouldn't be surprise if he plays til he's 38 and still makes an All-star team.

Has less to do with his age then his career mins played. Ignoring it does not diminish it.

Between heavy mpg and multiple deep playoff runs he is already over 50,000 mins and likely will add over 3000 more this season.

Drop off is inevitable. Just matters on the when. Especially if he has a significant season ending injury to deal with. Look at the difference with Kobe as a comparison. Wonder if James would have the same fanatical drive to rehab and return. No ties to team, focused on developing his businesses. What is his motivation to return?

Building around James (both financially and roster wise ) at this point in his career is a huge risk. Certainly more then some seem to think. He is declining and it is very doubtful he is playing until he is 40. JMO but even him playing 3 more years seems optimistic to me.

Repeated for truth.

Look I would not look a gift horse or LeBron in the mouth but the fact remains he has already played as many minutes as Shaq in his entire career. He's played 3000 more minutes than Pau and 6,000 more minutes than Melo at this point. By the end of this season he will bypass Hakeem, VC, Malone, and possibly Paul Pierce in NBA minutes played.

And???

Age, minutes, those types of numbers doesn't matter for LeBron.

So what if he's played as much as Shaq's entire career? Did he have the same fallout and production as old Shaq at that same time minutes played? No. LeBron was still the best player.

Some really don't get it. LeBron's a different kind of unicorn. Him playing 50k minutes is more like Shaq having played only 40K minutes. That's why 32 year old LeBron is still better than most 28 year old stars in their primes right now. Yes it doesn't make sense on paper and all these stats comparisons, but for LeBron it does. It's like he's found some fountain of youth. Age, minutes, all these number restrictions are being thrown out the window when it comes to LeBron.

LeBron's physique, body of work, and his stability and stamina shouldn't be compared to the likes of Shaq or Melo or even Paul Pierce, yuck!

The fact that LeBron always keeps himself in top shape with bulk (and I mean bulk) is one of the reason why he's never had a major injury his entire career and why he's playing at such a high MVP level still when his peers like Melo/Wade/Bosh have all fallen off already 2 years ago.

LeBron's averaging nearly 77 games a season played and has only missed at most 13 games in 1 season - that's Kareem-esque numbers (78 average) and any of those missed games were mostly for coaches resting their star players for the playoffs. LeBron could easily age like Kareem did and at least play til he's 38 and still be effective. Kareem was still really good at age 38, it wasn't until his last 3 years age 39 through 41 when he started dipping.

Exactly.

Not everyone ages the same. Not everyone plays the same, has the same body type, regiment or workout. Some people live up to their 80s, others can live up to 100.

Who cares if LeBron played over 50k minutes already. So what? He's on pace to finish with freaking 60k-65k minutes played. I only would've cared if he was falling apart like Shaq did at 50k. But 50k LeBron is still MVP freaking material in the league.

I would bet LeBron would even age better than Paul George who is 4 years younger than him.

Throw away those age, minutes comparisons away. LeBron's physique and stamina is a unicorn that other unicorns have only heard legends about. At 32 he is currently still playing like most 28-29 year olds in their primes right now.

He will be 33 this December. And if he does sign with us, he will be 34 in December in his first year with LA. I doubt we win the ship in his 1st year with us. Probably get us to the finals in 2 years with us if Warriors decline in 2 years if they lose Klay.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
Give him a 5 year 200+ max contract. I would be happy if he gets us at least 2 rings in that time span and us keeping BALL/PG/INGRAM when he retires. I think he can play till 37-38 ish at a high level.

best we could do is 4/160 but I agree he would play the 4 and not have to cover best player on defense or bring the ball up here if he gave us 2 really good years the 2 ok years i am fine with that because Ball/Ingram last 2 years with him they should be more dominant anyway
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

People seem to forget that when Kobe tore his Achilles, he was 34. That was arguably one of his best seasons, putting up 27, 6, and 6 on 46% shooting. He was still a top 3 player in the league at 34. Don't be fooled by LeBron's dominance now. Age comes into play because injuries start to sneak up on you more frequently. However, minutes played influences the age factor more so than age itself.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

People seem to forget that when Kobe tore his Achilles, he was 34. That was arguably one of his best seasons, putting up 27, 6, and 6 on 46% shooting. He was still a top 3 player in the league at 34. Don't be fooled by LeBron's dominance now. Age comes into play because injuries start to sneak up on you more frequently. However, minutes played influences the age factor more so than age itself.

True, however Kobe had played 48 minutes in like 5 straight games. He was willing the team to the play-offs himself. In fact, D'Antoni couldn;t get him out of the games, those last few weeks...Kobe refused. I doubt Lebron will experience that here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
krisobe wrote:

best we could do is 4/160 but I agree he would play the 4 and not have to cover best player on defense or bring the ball up here if he gave us 2 really good years the 2 ok years i am fine with that because Ball/Ingram last 2 years with him they should be more dominant anyway

He would have to guard KD or Draymond. That took a lot out of him the last Finals. That team wouldn't match up well with GS.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:
krisobe wrote:

He would have to guard KD or Draymond. That took a lot out of him the last Finals. That team wouldn't match up well with GS.

but in theory he wouldnt have to work as hard for his offense and the scoring burden would be more evenly distributed than it was for him in last years Finals
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm not a fan of Lebron, but it's hard to see a downside to signing Lebron provided we don't trade Ingram or Lonzo.

1) The Lakers actually win a championship or two. Great! I'm not sure we'd have enough to win, even if Paul George or another star join LBJ. But winning is, after all, the goal, regardless of my feelings for Lebron.

2) The Lakers don't win a championship, but field an entertaining/competitive squad as Lonzo and BI mature into legit stars. Now Lebron fans who don't like Kobe got some splainin' to do. Kobe won 5 in LA, including 2 without Shaq. Come on, Lebron, is that the best you can do?

So of course you sign Lebron if you don't have to give up Lonzo or BI.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Why would we trade Ingram or Lonzo?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
Why would we trade Ingram or Lonzo?

Because Lebron is the devil.

He forced the Cavs to trade Anthony Bennett!

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

If they sign Lebron next summer he will be the age Kobe was when he started breaking down physically. One could argue Lebron has been asked to more recently than Kobe did when Pau /Bynum and Odom came into their own. If the end all be all is rings, sign people who are similar ages to the "core" and let them grow together. The Dubs ain't going anywhere. Count me out for viewership of another farewell tour too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
If they sign Lebron next summer he will be the age Kobe was when he started breaking down physically. One could argue Lebron has been asked to more recently than Kobe did when Pau /Bynum and Odom came into their own. If the end all be all is rings, sign people who are similar ages to the "core" and let them grow together. The Dubs ain't going anywhere. Count me out for viewership of another farewell tour too.

The core is 5 years away from leading themselves to a championship level team. Give them 5 years with LeBron, give yourself a legit shot at a ring, manage the cap well enough to have funds available post LeBron, and then sign others once LeBron (and presumably PG) comes off the books.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
LBJ and Westy PLEASE! Better balance than PG or immature DMC.

Lonzo
Westbrook
Ingram
Lebron
Brook/Robyn Lopez type

I don't think Lonzo is best used playing with WB. With both WB and Lebron he will be a really bad fit. PG can play off the ball some so I all all for PG first and after that one of Lebron/Cousins.

PG is actually stellar off the ball. He's near the top of the heap in terms of shots made off catch and shoots. He's a stud #2.
adtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

If kobe never tore his achilles, will he dipped so much and retired at 36?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

adtz wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

If kobe never tore his achilles, will he dipped so much and retired at 36?

Did you intentionally write it that way to see if anybody caught the usage of dipped or was it just plain coincidence?
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

"Coming into their primes" and being very good players are different matters. Kobe was a very good player when he won his first championship at 21. He was in his prime at 28. By 21 both Ball and Ingram will be considered very good players. At that point LeBron will be 34 going on 35, not approaching 40.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

"People seem to forget that when Kobe tore his Achilles, he was 34. That was arguably one of his best seasons, putting up 27, 6, and 6 on 46% shooting. He was still a top 3 player in the league at 34. Don't be fooled by LeBron's dominance now. Age comes into play because injuries start to sneak up on you more frequently. However, minutes played influences the age factor more so than age itself."

That really was a great season. The game against Golden State was the last time the real Kobe played. It's interesting to ponder how long he might have kept it up but for the injury.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
"People seem to forget that when Kobe tore his Achilles, he was 34. That was arguably one of his best seasons, putting up 27, 6, and 6 on 46% shooting. He was still a top 3 player in the league at 34. Don't be fooled by LeBron's dominance now. Age comes into play because injuries start to sneak up on you more frequently. However, minutes played influences the age factor more so than age itself."

That really was a great season. The game against Golden State was the last time the real Kobe played. It's interesting to ponder how long he might have kept it up but for the injury.

He was already playing on borrowed time after the PRP treatment on his knee. If he played in an earlier era, before that procedure existed, he would've had to retire even earlier. The year we were swept by Dallas, he couldn't even participate in practices. He played the season on one knee, in his own words.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Nba scheduling just added 2 more years onto Lebron career atleast. He's good.

Kobe will always be the real King to me, but Kobe had injuries his whole career. Lebron has had none, the dude is a true once in a lifetime player. You can't compare Lebron and Kobe, but especially not in that regard.

Kobes Achilles busted because of all the previous injuries to his knees.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

He was already playing on borrowed time after the PRP treatment on his knee. If he played in an earlier era, before that procedure existed, he would've had to retire even earlier. The year we were swept by Dallas, he couldn't even participate in practices. He played the season on one knee, in his own words.

Those were entirely different injuries. Completely severing a lower leg tendon is by far more destructive to ones athleticism than the gradual erosion of cartilage material. His days were numbered, probably in years though, but he still processed explosiveness when necessary. He had no explosiveness after the injury.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The pieces absolutely fit. You need young and old talent to beat Golden State. Not some old team like the Cavs that is cap out and lacks athletic ability.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 66 of 2086
Jump to: