The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Oh, I have no doubt if the Lakers get LBJ/PG13 teams will file tampering charges too next year.

The Small Market Mafia controls the NBA in 2017. Their interests dwarf the larger market teams (LA, NY, etc.) even though the large market teams literally cut a check to pay the small market ones each year.

Right, and the big markets should get in Silver's ear and make it known this isn't a charity. At the end of the day, these small markets aren't losers because they are at a disadvantage to compete like the old days, they don't win because those organizations are run by clowns.

It won't matter. Each small market team gets the same voting powers. The CBA enshrines their rights to collect paychecks from the big market teams. The NBA has prospered in the past 3-4 years with teams like the Lakers/Knicks being jokes.

There will always be more votes from small market teams over the large market ones. And Silver is beholden to them if they call for him to do something. The Small Market Mafia is carving its collective knives in anticipation of 2018 FA, one where the Lakers plan to be active. Every action by Magic will now be under intense scrutiny. That was the first shot fired with the PG13 tampering investigation.

I think it ebbs and flows tbh. Soon TV execs and people with interests will complain about needing the big markets to be good again, etc. The small market mafia will conform if they need to because their main objective is $ in their pockets. Right now, they are trying to take as much as they can and no one can blame them but there will be a tipping point soon imo. If I am a big company, it would be ridiculous for me to a) share the $ I have generated with a lesser performing partner and then b) have them try and cut my legs basically. That's major BS and if I'm the lakers and this is cleared I'm going hard after Indiana to put them back in their place.

I'm not so sure about that. The NBA is making tons of money, and a big market team (Warriors) is at the top. The NBA has grown so large that they don't "need" the Lakers/Knicks to be great again. I think we're seeing that come to fruition first with the Veto, and now with the Tamper Tantrum.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Oh, I have no doubt if the Lakers get LBJ/PG13 teams will file tampering charges too next year.

The Small Market Mafia controls the NBA in 2017. Their interests dwarf the larger market teams (LA, NY, etc.) even though the large market teams literally cut a check to pay the small market ones each year.

Right, and the big markets should get in Silver's ear and make it known this isn't a charity. At the end of the day, these small markets aren't losers because they are at a disadvantage to compete like the old days, they don't win because those organizations are run by clowns.

It won't matter. Each small market team gets the same voting powers. The CBA enshrines their rights to collect paychecks from the big market teams. The NBA has prospered in the past 3-4 years with teams like the Lakers/Knicks being jokes.

There will always be more votes from small market teams over the large market ones. And Silver is beholden to them if they call for him to do something. The Small Market Mafia is carving its collective knives in anticipation of 2018 FA, one where the Lakers plan to be active. Every action by Magic will now be under intense scrutiny. That was the first shot fired with the PG13 tampering investigation.

I think it ebbs and flows tbh. Soon TV execs and people with interests will complain about needing the big markets to be good again, etc. The small market mafia will conform if they need to because their main objective is $ in their pockets. Right now, they are trying to take as much as they can and no one can blame them but there will be a tipping point soon imo. If I am a big company, it would be ridiculous for me to a) share the $ I have generated with a lesser performing partner and then b) have them try and cut my legs basically. That's major BS and if I'm the lakers and this is cleared I'm going hard after Indiana to put them back in their place.

I'm not so sure about that. The NBA is making tons of money, and a big market team (Warriors) is at the top. The NBA has grown so large that they don't "need" the Lakers/Knicks to be great again. I think we're seeing that come to fruition first with the Veto, and now with the Tamper Tantrum.

For now, everything is all good but I see things changing like they have in the past. The players currently have all the power and are using it. The new CBA was supposed to deter stars from leaving for big markets but it hasn't changed much from that perspective.

Everyone knows money talks and the real power has always been with the TV execs imo and so when the $ don't flow as much as they want they will look back to the NBA and the NBA will look to the highest generating teams, the big markets.

The lakers have sucked so bad, and what is it they are 3rd or 4th in national TV appearances for 2017-18? The big markets like NY, Boston, LA, Chicago, GS will always be relevant no matter how bad they might get because they generate the most $.

The small markets are enjoying this era of CBA where not only can they match on max salaries but they also get revenue sharing. If Westbrook leaves OKC, that's going to be a game changer and I'm sure small markets are in fear of that situation but that's a separate topic.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I think Lebron will be gone regardless.
Cavs are over the salary cap and are hindered severely by whom they are able to sign. If IT4 gets his max money in Cleveland, they won't be able to get anyone else. Lebron is probably looking around the league at teams which give him a 5 year window to still have a chance to challenge the Warriors for a championship.

Cleveland is over the cap now and not only got Lebron the help he wanted, but did so by saving $20 mil.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I have spent the past weeks on the Southern coasts of France and Spain, and the three top "NBA" topics by far are....

3. Lakers
2. Bron
1. Warriors....
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Cavs are over the salary cap and are hindered severely by whom they are able to sign. If IT4 gets his max money in Cleveland, they won't be able to get anyone else. Lebron is probably looking around the league at teams which give him a 5 year window to still have a chance to challenge the Warriors for a championship.

Cleveland is over the cap now and not only got Lebron the help he wanted, but did so by saving $20 mil.

The help he wanted? Let's see I.T take over in the clutch and save Lebron's butt time and time again.

He won't. And that's what Lebron needs, a guy to put on the big boy pants in the clutch, and neither I.T or Crowder fits that bill.

They will likely make the finals, but get whipped by the Warriors again. Kyrie when he's on, gives the Warriors all types of problems. I.T is a good scorer, but not as good as Kyrie. Especially in the clutch. Kyrie is a much tougher match up than Isiah. I don't care what the numbers say.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

The help he wanted? Let's see I.T take over in the clutch and save Lebron's butt time and time again.

He won't. And that's what Lebron needs, a guy to put on the big boy pants in the clutch, and neither I.T or Crowder fits that bill.

They will likely make the finals, but get whipped by the Warriors again. Kyrie when he's on, gives the Warriors all types of problems. I.T is a good scorer, but not as good as Kyrie. Especially in the clutch. Kyrie is a much tougher match up than Isiah. I don't care what the numbers say.

Did you watch Boston play last year? Isiah was their 4th quarter offense against every team in the league including the Warriors. His nickname was literally Mr. 4th quarter as he led the league in scoring in the final quarter.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They will likely make the finals, but get whipped by the Warriors again. Kyrie when he's on, gives the Warriors all types of problems. I.T is a good scorer, but not as good as Kyrie. Especially in the clutch. Kyrie Isaac a much tougher match up than Isiah. I don't care what the numbers say.

Someone else (Crowder) to guard KD. And IT was nails in the 4th quarters.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Did you watch Boston play last year? Isiah was their 4th quarter offense against every team in the league including the Warriors. His nickname was literally Mr. 4th quarter as he led the league in scoring in the final quarter.

Actually IT's nickname was...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/S8KnQgszYsI/hq720.jpg

The King in the Fourth

#BestNicknameEvah!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

Ok let's see. I think the Warriors will have an easier time defending Thomas than Kyrie. I.T won't get his shot off as easily on Klay due to his height.

I do think the Cavs made a good deal considering the circumstances, but I think the Warriors will have an easier time with them in the finals.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

how'd that work out in the Wizards series? conversely, who drained the series clinching shot in the 2016 finals?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm not too worried about the small market mafia. Because:
small market teams < big market teams + players association .

Go ahead and fine us. That's fine. But if the small market teams try to stop 2 of the biggest stars in the game from going where they want. Good luck with that. Players will revolt.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Ok let's see. I think the Warriors will have an easier time defending Thomas than Kyrie. I.T won't get his shot off as easily on Klay due to his height.

I do think the Cavs made a good deal considering the circumstances, but I think the Warriors will have an easier time with them in the finals.

IT is the better scorer of the two and has the better stats including orpm. Klay wont be able to keep up with IT so he wont be able to use his height.

IT is so underrated
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

what alot of people are missing is that the only thing that Dan Gilbert can do for LeBron to stay with the Cavs is to sell the team, his issue is with Gilbert always has been and Gilbert isnt selling the team
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

How long will our title window be assuming LBJ and another star joins? If LeBron can play until his 40's like Kareem did then that would be even better for us, do you guys think we will get LeBron on a short term deal or long?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
How long will our title window be assuming LBJ and another star joins? If LeBron can play until his 40's like Kareem did then that would be even better for us, do you guys think we will get LeBron on a short term deal or long?

I honestly don't think the Lakers get LeBron at all, he'll be looking
to win a ring in these his later years, we will still be building.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

My biggest fear is what you posted. that LeBrons camp will tell the Lakers that your roster is to young and that it might take trading off Ingram and Ball for star talents to appease the LeBron's arrival....
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

My biggest fear is what you posted. that LeBrons camp will tell the Lakers that your roster is to young and that it might take trading off Ingram and Ball for star talents to appease the LeBron's arrival....

IF I had to guess the Lakers will have to build bottom up; develop rookies, keep some prune some pieces and take the long painful road of rebuilding..

LeBron, doubt it, PG with the tampering case and the opportunity to play with Westbrook (we'll see), so on and so forth, Cousins is a Technical foul away from sitting (unfortunate he's an azz), etc, etc...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

So apparently CLE can turn around and trade that pick & some pieces later on in the season for someone like Boogie Cousins. Insane. They are also expecting to pick up DWade at some point this season. So the line up heading into the playoffs could be....

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm not too worried about the small market mafia. Because:
small market teams < big market teams + players association .

Go ahead and fine us. That's fine. But if the small market teams try to stop 2 of the biggest stars in the game from going where they want. Good luck with that. Players will revolt.

I just call it the "Tamper Tantrum."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
So apparently CLE can turn around and trade that pick & some pieces later on in the season for someone like Boogie Cousins. Insane. They are also expecting to pick up DWade at some point this season. So the line up heading into the playoffs could be....

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.

Are they trading Love and the Nets pick for Boogie? What are they giving up for him?

And then they'd have to re-sign 3 players to the max in 2018? Doubtful. (LBJ/Boogie/IT).
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

IF I had to guess the Lakers will have to build bottom up; develop rookies, keep some prune some pieces and take the long painful road of rebuilding..

LeBron, doubt it, PG with the tampering case and the opportunity to play with Westbrook (we'll see), so on and so forth, Cousins is a Technical foul away from sitting (unfortunate he's an azz), etc, etc...

If the rebuild was gonna be long, I highly doubt they go ahead and trade Russell for cap space, they knew they had something lined up when they traded away there best young talent at the time of the Brooklyn trade. The Lakers did the trade in the concept of the franchise being on the crisp of adding star talents to the roster.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Honestly. If we're not prepared to do either or both of those things, then don't talk to Lebrons camp at all.

But yeah, this is why I am not in favor of that approach, nor our 2018 2 superstar plan. It's swinging for the fences with the bases loaded when you're only down a run or two in the 8th.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.

Are they trading Love and the Nets pick for Boogie? What are they giving up for him?

And then they'd have to re-sign 3 players to the max in 2018? Doubtful. (LBJ/Boogie/IT).

I heard it from one of the resident Cavs homers on the Colin Cowherd Show. Either Mr. Sauces or Beak Nose. I believe the proposed trade at mid-season was Boogie for 1st, Shump, & Frye.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If the rebuild was gonna be long, I highly doubt they go ahead and trade Russell for cap space, they knew they had something lined up when they traded away there best young talent at the time of the Brooklyn trade. The Lakers did the trade in the concept of the franchise being on the crisp of adding star talents to the roster.

Cap Space is not new to the Lakers, what has happened if we recall is that players did not even look this way.

What I'm saying is having money does not equate to actually landing Stars, obviously it's a must have (I mean the money) but that does not mean players will decide to join our rookie staff considering the experienced players are most likely out for the famous cap space, once again..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 77 of 2082
Jump to: