The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
So apparently CLE can turn around and trade that pick & some pieces later on in the season for someone like Boogie Cousins. Insane. They are also expecting to pick up DWade at some point this season. So the line up heading into the playoffs could be....

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.

Are they trading Love and the Nets pick for Boogie? What are they giving up for him?

And then they'd have to re-sign 3 players to the max in 2018? Doubtful. (LBJ/Boogie/IT).

I heard it from one of the resident Cavs homers on the Colin Cowherd Show. Either Mr. Sauces or Beak Nose. I believe the proposed trade at mid-season was Boogie for 1st, Shump, & Frye.

Doubtful.

The Nets pick is insurance just in case LBJ leaves. If he's gone, they won't re-sign the Celts and Gilbert will once again likely get the "lucky" draft picks (i.e. 3 #1 picks post LBJ).
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
So apparently CLE can turn around and trade that pick & some pieces later on in the season for someone like Boogie Cousins. Insane. They are also expecting to pick up DWade at some point this season. So the line up heading into the playoffs could be....

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.

Are they trading Love and the Nets pick for Boogie? What are they giving up for him?

And then they'd have to re-sign 3 players to the max in 2018? Doubtful. (LBJ/Boogie/IT).

If you put Cousins next to Lebron, that's a pretty scary combo. And there's the probability that LBJ can actually keep Cousins in line. That would also make TT expendable in a trade.
I'd also highly doubt that the Cavs would sign IT to a max deal, and would try to trade him before the deadline. IT's proven he's an electric regular season scorer, but not much else, and isn't much of a factor in the playoffs.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If you put Cousins next to Lebron, that's a pretty scary combo. And there's the probability that LBJ can actually keep Cousins in line. That would also make TT expendable in a trade.
I'd also highly doubt that the Cavs would sign IT to a max deal, and would try to trade him before the deadline. IT's proven he's an electric regular season scorer, but not much else, and isn't much of a factor in the playoffs.

So they're going to absolutely double down on the present trumping the future, giving away a pick that can be top 5 to rent Boogie (when NOP only traded away a garbage package)?

If I'm running the Cavs, that 2018 Nets pick is untouchable. The Cavs have sent away all their draft picks and have nothing left to rebuild if LBJ leaves.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

So they're going to absolutely double down on the present trumping the future, giving away a pick that can be top 5 to rent Boogie (when NOP only traded away a garbage package)?

If I'm running the Cavs, that 2018 Nets pick is untouchable. The Cavs have sent away all their draft picks and have nothing left to rebuild if LBJ leaves.

As long as they have LBJ the Cavs will absolutely trade a ton of assets just to get more shots at a ring.
Secondly, there's actually a case to be made that NO might be willing to trade Cousins for a package of Love and others without including that pick. NO knows that Cousins is probably walking after this year, and putting Love next to AD gives them someone that can score a ton for them and stretch the floor away from AD too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

As long as they have LBJ the Cavs will absolutely trade a ton of assets just to get more shots at a ring.
Secondly, there's actually a case to be made that NO might be willing to trade Cousins for a package of Love and others without including that pick. NO knows that Cousins is probably walking after this year, and putting Love next to AD gives them someone that can score a ton for them and stretch the floor away from AD too.

Disagree. I think we are seeing the Cavs wisely employ a strategy of having a team to compete but also an exit plan in case LBJ is gone. To give up a prized asset (Nets pick) on a rental is too damaging long-term.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

What do people think about Griffin suggesting that LeBron is more likely to go to NY?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
What do people think about Griffin suggesting that LeBron is more likely to go to NY?

Because he wants to be the big man in LA. And Jordan saying it should have been Blake in Space Jam 2 and not Lebron inflated his already huge ego. If Lebron were to come here, all Griffin's side pieces will be asking if he knows Lebron... 😂😂😂
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.

Cousins
LeBron
Ingram
KCP
Lonzo

just saying
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

If they could get Cousins without trading the pick it would be a perfect win now/rebuild in the future move. Cousins gives them more ammo against the Warriors and if Lebron leaves after the season, let Cousins and IT walk.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

If they want to keep LeBron the only chance they have is to trade the pick for a top player. I don't think Melo would be a bad idea, the Knicks could take back Shumpert and Frye. Cousins is another possibility. He's going to leave anyway. As is, he's gone, book it.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
P.K. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

If they could get Cousins without trading the pick it would be a perfect win now/rebuild in the future move. Cousins gives them more ammo against the Warriors and if Lebron leaves after the season, let Cousins and IT walk.

There's no way NO does it without the pick. Maybe not with it. NO doesn't want Love and Cleveland needs to have a fourth star.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.

Cousins
LeBron
Ingram
KCP
Lonzo

just saying

yeah, that's pretty much the only scenario where I'd want Cousins on the Lakers. LBJ is a big enough star & leader that Cousins would probably quit being such a headcase.
On the other hand, Cousins with any of the other top FA's next year (PG, RW, etc) is not a combo I'd have faith that Cousins wouldn't be a keg of unstable dynamite again. Not something we'd need with our young core.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Nobody with a legitimate star wants love. He has been exposed too many times in the playoffs defensively to be a franchise player.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
P.K. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

There's no way NO does it without the pick. Maybe not with it. NO doesn't want Love and Cleveland needs to have a fourth star.

NO isn't really in the drivers seat here.
They've got a serious problem that AD is unhappy they can't get any good players around him. He's only got 2 or 3 years left on his K, if I remember right, so there is additional pressure on NO to do something.
Cousins, on the other hand, has no incentive to stay in NO when his contract is up - and he's virtually (virtually - not guaranteed) assured to walk.
If NO is faced with Cousins walking for nothing vs getting Love and (say) Shumpert/etc., they'll probably take it.
Love would be a piece that would fit next to AD pretty well.
That doesn't make NO a contender, but it does probably make AD somewhat happier at least in the short term to have someone that can take some of the pressure & scoring load off him.
Nobody, not even the Cavs, are likely to give up Brooklyn's #1 next year for Cousins for a short term rental. After Sacto, I doubt that you'd even find a team willing to give up a top 10 for Cousins this year unless he'd sign an extension. Dude is just to unpredictable (not to mention volatile).
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.

P-George
LeBron
Ingram
KCP
Lonzo

just saying

I fixed it for you
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
P.K. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

They've got a serious problem that AD is unhappy they can't get any good players around him. He's only got 2 or 3 years left on his K, if I remember right, so there is additional pressure on NO to do something.
Cousins, on the other hand, has no incentive to stay in NO when his contract is up - and he's virtually (virtually - not guaranteed) assured to walk.
If NO is faced with Cousins walking for nothing vs getting Love and (say) Shumpert/etc., they'll probably take it.
That doesn't make NO a contender, but it does probably make AD somewhat happier at least in the short term to have someone that can take some of the pressure & scoring load off him.
Nobody, not even the Cavs, are likely to give up Brooklyn's #1 next year for Cousins for a short term rental. After Sacto, I doubt that you'd even find a team willing to give up a top 10 for Cousins this year unless he'd sign an extension. Dude is just to unpredictable (not to mention volatile).

I agree with most of your post, but I don't think Cleveland can afford to give up Love if they want to win a Championship. I'll grant that Cousins is better than Love, but not enough to make up the difference between Cleveland and GS without Love. The pick alone is certain to be top three and is quite valuable.
Cleveland would roll the dice that Cousins would stay ( I think he would) because they'll lose everything if LeBron leaves.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Nobody with a legitimate star wants love. He has been exposed too many times in the playoffs defensively to be a franchise player.

yep. Absolutely
On the other hand, NO isn't a playoff team, won't be for several years at least, and they really need someone to help AD.
That's kind of a perfect match for Love. He get's to be Minny KLove again. Score a bunch of points on a non-contending team, grab boards, outlet to Rondo or Jrue on the break, etc.
in other words, a high profile low pressure situation.
NO just signed Jrue Holiday for 25.6 this year growing to 27m through 2022, and Holiday is probably around the 17th-22nd best at his position.
AD is signed through 2021
Klove is getting 22.6 this year, rising to 25.5 in 2020.
So, Jrue is getting more money than KLove.
And, he could be traded as an expiring in the 19-20 season probably.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
2019 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.

Lopez/Nance/Zu
LeBron/Kuz
Ingram
George/Hart
Lonzo

just saying

I fixed it for you

Fixed again
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

yep. Absolutely
On the other hand, NO isn't a playoff team, won't be for several years at least, and they really need someone to help AD.
That's kind of a perfect match for Love. He get's to be Minny KLove again. Score a bunch of points on a non-contending team, grab boards, outlet to Rondo or Jrue on the break, etc.
in other words, a high profile low pressure situation.
NO just signed Jrue Holiday for 25.6 this year growing to 27m through 2022, and Holiday is probably around the 17th-22nd best at his position.
AD is signed through 2021
Klove is getting 22.6 this year, rising to 25.5 in 2020.
So, Jrue is getting more money than KLove.
And, he could be traded as an expiring in the 19-20 season probably.

Cavs with Cousins for Love won't beat GS, maybe not Boston. They have to trade the pick and keep Love...or lose LeBron.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
P.K. wrote:

I agree with most of your post, but I don't think Cleveland can afford to give up Love if they want to win a Championship. I'll grant that Cousins is better than Love, but not enough to make up the difference between Cleveland and GS without Love. The pick alone is certain to be top three and is quite valuable.
Cleveland would roll the dice that Cousins would stay ( I think he would) because they'll lose everything if LeBron leaves.

The last 3 years have pretty much shown that KLove isn't really helping the Cavs much (I'll repeat much) against GSW. So, I'd argue that keeping Love isn't going to win them a championship either.
Cousins, on the other hand when he's engaged, is a very tough defender, rim protector, and rebounder who's way way more athletic then Love and can get up and down the court well. Not to mention imposing his will inside against GSW on offense.
I look at the Cavs and think you could pretty much exchange Love for Cousins, trade TT somewhere else, and still probably end up at least even if not better. Depending on who you could get to fill the PF spot, they might turn out a lot better.

Even if you think about Cousins, Derrick, LBJ, Wade, IT & Crowder
they wouldn't need Derrick to do much beyond playing tough D, using his speed to switch, rebounding, and the occasional 3 or putback

as a whole, that's a huge improvement in athleticism and defense, about the same rebounding probably, and probably almost even on scoring because Cousins can get his points whenever they need him to vs. what Love had in that offense.
You've sent out 45m or so in money shipping Love and TT to take back Cousins.
get a better fitting mid level PF, and they'd be talking
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.

I heard it from one of the resident Cavs homers on the Colin Cowherd Show. Either Mr. Sauces or Beak Nose. I believe the proposed trade at mid-season was Boogie for 1st, Shump, & Frye.

Doubtful.

The Nets pick is insurance just in case LBJ leaves. If he's gone, they won't re-sign the Celts and Gilbert will once again likely get the "lucky" draft picks (i.e. 3 #1 picks post LBJ).

A lot can happen.

-League could rule PG can't sign with the Lakers, weakening our appeal.
-A good enough player becomes available that Lebron decides to opt in to get the trade done.

EDIT:

Also: The Warriors could suffer an injury that makes the Cavs the instant favorites
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Boogie
Love
Bron
Wade
IT

Thompson
Crowder
Green
Smith
Rose

Scary.

Doubtful.

I think Gilbert may be leaning towards trying to make the Cavs as good as possible right now to entice Lebron to stay, and the Nets pick can certainly get them a big upgrade right now. It will be interesting to see if they do anything before the season. Then we'll see how the Nets do and how that pick holds it's value.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
P.K. wrote:

The last 3 years have pretty much shown that KLove isn't really helping the Cavs much (I'll repeat much) against GSW. So, I'd argue that keeping Love isn't going to win them a championship either.
Cousins, on the other hand when he's engaged, is a very tough defender, rim protector, and rebounder who's way way more athletic then Love and can get up and down the court well. Not to mention imposing his will inside against GSW on offense.
I look at the Cavs and think you could pretty much exchange Love for Cousins, trade TT somewhere else, and still probably end up at least even if not better. Depending on who you could get to fill the PF spot, they might turn out a lot better.

Even if you think about Cousins, Derrick, LBJ, Wade, IT & Crowder
they wouldn't need Derrick to do much beyond playing tough D, using his speed to switch, rebounding, and the occasional 3 or putback

as a whole, that's a huge improvement in athleticism and defense, about the same rebounding probably, and probably almost even on scoring because Cousins can get his points whenever they need him to vs. what Love had in that offense.
You've sent out 45m or so in money shipping Love and TT to take back Cousins.
get a better fitting mid level PF, and they'd be talking

Well NO won't do it and if they did, it's not enough to beat GSW, they were destroyed in the finals. As it stands now they are worse off than when they lost to the Warriors, so Cousins would have to make up that distance, the loss of Love and then some. They must trade the pick or LeBron will leave. Cousins for Love is not nearly enough and NO won't do it anyway.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Lebron owning a bunch of scrubs in LA due to the Kyrie trade. I wonder if this dude will make a statement this season as to how dominant he can be

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYJ5IqmBHsm/?taken-by=houseofhighlights
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Nice to see him at home
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 78 of 2082
Jump to: