The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stylezze
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Lebron owning a bunch of scrubs in LA due to the Kyrie trade. I wonder if this dude will make a statement this season as to how dominant he can be

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYJ5IqmBHsm/?taken-by=houseofhighlights

That guy is pretty good at basketball. I hope we get him, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he's just trolling everybody and ends up somewhere random we haven't talked about or considered.
AncientMariner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Stylezze wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Lebron owning a bunch of scrubs in LA due to the Kyrie trade. I wonder if this dude will make a statement this season as to how dominant he can be

That guy is pretty good at basketball. I hope we get him, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he's just trolling everybody and ends up somewhere random we haven't talked about or considered.

<joins Golden State>
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

AncientMariner wrote:
Stylezze wrote:
bandiger wrote:

<joins Golden State>

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Vu8nIaC6rSVi/200.gif
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

AncientMariner wrote:
Stylezze wrote:
bandiger wrote:

<joins Golden State>

First team to go 82-0.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Nice to see him at home

🏠😂😂😂
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Stylezze wrote:
bandiger wrote:

I would love to post that on the Cavs forum. But then I would have to join. And they're allowed to curse and act inappropriately. Plus they're always drunk. Yeah, not worth the troll... haha.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:

Turns out he lost a pickup game to those "scrubs."
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/lebron-james-news-ucla-basketball-liangelo-ball-workout-training/1ue32qnr21prd1x9qf5pzy79rb
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
bandiger wrote:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/lebron-james-news-ucla-basketball-liangelo-ball-workout-training/1ue32qnr21prd1x9qf5pzy79rb

LiAngelo's team beats LeBron's team. I love it!!!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
bandiger wrote:

Is this like when Lew Alcindor lead a team that beat Bill Walton's undefeated UCLA team?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

I would love to post that on the Cavs forum. But then I would have to join. And they're allowed to curse and act inappropriately. Plus they're always drunk. Yeah, not worth the troll... haha.

Yeah you are right, accusing all Cavs fans as cursing, inappropriate drunks MIGHT be perceived as trolling...lol
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

So the Cavs are now WAY deeper, right? Like, this trade should help solidify the Celtics in the long term, but the Cavs should still 100% beat them next year.

Isaiah Thomas...Derrick Rose
J.R. Smith...Iman Shumpert
LeBron James...Jae Crowder...Kyle Korver
Kevin Love...Jeff Green
Tristan Thompson...Channing Frye...Ante Zizic

In fact. since they swapped Kyrie for Thomas, Rose, Crowder, Green and Zizic, they might now be one of the deepest teams in the league. Everyone is obviously picking LeBron to leave, but if the Cavs end up with a top 3 pick via the Nets pick, that is far from a sure thing. That pick is instant trade bait.

As for the Celtics, they're set up for the long term with Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Brown and the Lakers/Kings pick...but they've lost a lot of good contributors from last season (Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk, Johnson). I'm not quite sure that their additions are enough to eclipse the improvements of Cleveland...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:

The "LeBron can carry 5 nobodies to a Finals" days are over. Even with the greatest performance of his career it took 7 games, an injured Bogut, a suspended Draymond, and a hurt Curry to barely beat the Warriors.

Last year they got dusted in 5.

If people are waiting on 30/8/7 LeBron that plays on both ends to show up next year they'll be disappointed.

Last season was one of the best seasons of his career and it didn't matter against the Warriors, and he took the chances to coast when he could cause it was the East.

The "LeBron is gonna come out and destroy EVERYTHING!" ship has sailed, and Durant is the one whom sunk it in Game 3 of the NBA Finals in LeBron's house.

So LeBron can be as mad as he wants, but his days as a dominant two-way player are done with and it was the lack of competition in the East that allowed him to coast as he did, and his team to not play defense. Till they played against some real competition, and lost in 5.

The Cavs being 21st in Defense had something to do with that as well.
Does anyone think that changes with Isaiah Thomas now trying to guard Steph?

oh .... Isaiah is gonna have to defend Steph....
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is the king of rec league. And somehow still loses.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LeBron is the king of rec league. And somehow still loses.

ESPN would make an excuse about how LeBron should have been allowed to pick first before the pick up game began.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If people are waiting on 30/8/7 LeBron that plays on both ends to show up next year they'll be disappointed.

I agree to an extent. I would say they might be disappointed. Magic and Pelinka are after positionless ball; that is not the style that the Cavs ran. With LBJ being the ultimate positionless player - we may not need 30/8/7. But again... might.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject:

I'm fine with 2nd/3rd best player in the league Lebron for the next 3-4 years. Next year may be his last as the best. Durant is going to be tough to deal with, Ingram's gotta become the Durant stopper with his length.. By stopper I mean, hold him to like 25ppg on only above average efficiency.. lol. It would be a great rotation for he and PG13 to take turns on KD, both staying fresh and going all out on him
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
bandiger wrote:

The "LeBron can carry 5 nobodies to a Finals" days are over. Even with the greatest performance of his career it took 7 games, an injured Bogut, a suspended Draymond, and a hurt Curry to barely beat the Warriors.

Last year they got dusted in 5.

Last season was one of the best seasons of his career and it didn't matter against the Warriors, and he took the chances to coast when he could cause it was the East.

The "LeBron is gonna come out and destroy EVERYTHING!" ship has sailed, and Durant is the one whom sunk it in Game 3 of the NBA Finals in LeBron's house.

So LeBron can be as mad as he wants, but his days as a dominant two-way player are done with and it was the lack of competition in the East that allowed him to coast as he did, and his team to not play defense. Till they played against some real competition, and lost in 5.

The Cavs being 21st in Defense had something to do with that as well.
Does anyone think that changes with Isaiah Thomas now trying to guard Steph?

oh .... Isaiah is gonna have to defend Steph....

You've probably been saying this for years...the trite "LBJ will decline rapidly right now" crowd (which I was a part of).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I'm fine with 2nd/3rd best player in the league Lebron for the next 3-4 years. Next year may be his last as the best. Durant is going to be tough to deal with, Ingram's gotta become the Durant stopper with his length.. By stopper I mean, hold him to like 25ppg on only above average efficiency.. lol. It would be a great rotation for he and PG13 to take turns on KD, both staying fresh and going all out on him

Yeah. Even if he's "only" a top 7 player when he's 33-35 years old, I'll take that. Especially if you have PG13 and Lonzo/Ingram as the other part of the core.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yeah. Even if he's "only" a top 7 player when he's 33-35 years old, I'll take that. Especially if you have PG13 and Lonzo/Ingram as the other part of the core.

I don't see a negative in going after Lebron. His contract won't cripple the franchise and his presence won't stunt the growth of our young players' development. Whether he's 80% of his old self or not, he's still going to win us games and attract top talent to play with him.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I don't see a negative in going after Lebron. His contract won't cripple the franchise and his presence won't stunt the growth of our young players' development. Whether he's 80% of his old self or not, he's still going to win us games and attract top talent to play with him.

He better not because he's already a d*ck so better not be even more of a d*ck.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Wonderful analysis here.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Wonderful analysis here.

Thank you I made it simple.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
So the Cavs are now WAY deeper, right? Like, this trade should help solidify the Celtics in the long term, but the Cavs should still 100% beat them next year.

Isaiah Thomas...Derrick Rose
J.R. Smith...Iman Shumpert
LeBron James...Jae Crowder...Kyle Korver
Kevin Love...Jeff Green
Tristan Thompson...Channing Frye...Ante Zizic

In fact. since they swapped Kyrie for Thomas, Rose, Crowder, Green and Zizic, they might now be one of the deepest teams in the league. Everyone is obviously picking LeBron to leave, but if the Cavs end up with a top 3 pick via the Nets pick, that is far from a sure thing. That pick is instant trade bait.

As for the Celtics, they're set up for the long term with Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Brown and the Lakers/Kings pick...but they've lost a lot of good contributors from last season (Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk, Johnson). I'm not quite sure that their additions are enough to eclipse the improvements of Cleveland...

Wade prob on the way to Cavs too
That Nets pick + a Kevin Love prob can get them another allstar

But they still lost the best player in the trade
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

Cavs are about the same imo. Crowder is a good addition because they need what he brings defensively but it's still a team that's a little too old. Don't know if anyone saw Wade play last year but he's pretty close to being done.

The key prize for Cleveland is that Brooklyn pick.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

Ironically, Wilt Chamberlin, at the ripe age of 32 joined the Lakers after 11 seasons with various teams.

He only averaged about 46-47mpg for those 11 years yet managed to continue average close to 44mpg over 5 seasons on the Lakers.

Age 32-36 averages (bear in mind the numbers from the 60s/70s are skewed compared to today, but just the sheer productivity):

19.3ppg, 19 rpg, 44mpg

He got hurt in 69-70 and only played 12 games, but the other 4 seasons: 81, 82, 82, and 82 games.

I can see LBJ going along that trajectory.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 79 of 2079
Jump to: