The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 929, 930, 931 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
I feel like that's taking a kid struggling in algebra and giving him a lesson on multivariable calculus

Tox, I haven't taken a math class in about 20 years. I have no idea what the difference is.

Algebra is grade school/ middle school stuff. Multivariable calculus is college material

My last math class (frosh year in college) was taken well before 9/11 happened. So yeah, I suck at math.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Unless you're a engineer, is anything except basic math really necessary?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

free throws?
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
I feel like that's taking a kid struggling in algebra and giving him a lesson on multivariable calculus

Tox, I haven't taken a math class in about 20 years. I have no idea what the difference is.

If you're not good at math then Algebra will suck.

If you're not good at math, multivariable calculus will make you reconsider your will to live and every day of the semester will be a slow and agonizing death with your self esteem and self identity dying a bit every second.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Unless you're a engineer, is anything except basic math really necessary?

if you're premed, you need to be good at physics. And if you want to be good at physics, basic math isn't going to cut it.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Good LeBron leave the game and say “(bleep) this” bs effort and flops
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I don't get why LeBron keeps constantly settling for these long step back threes when the lane is open.

He's really a prime example of you look at his stats, but then you watch the game and come away with a different opinion.

As impactful as he is, I think Kawhi, Durant and Anthony Davis effect the game more than he does at this point.

But he's just so talented and skilled he can sleepwalk to a 25/7/7 game. The problem is, it's still sleepwalking and he needs to be at a high intensity if the youngster teammates are going to feed off that and him.

So we'll see if it's just a phase, but whenever I see an opening LeBron could take someone to the basket on and he settles for a stepback three that clanks I feel like yelling at the TV.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I don't get why LeBron keeps constantly settling for these long step back threes when the lane is open.

He's really a prime example of you look at his stats, but then you watch the game and come away with a different opinion.

As impactful as he is, I think Kawhi, Durant and Anthony Davis effect the game more than he does at this point.

But he's just so talented and skilled he can sleepwalk to a 25/7/7 game. The problem is, it's still sleepwalking and he needs to be at a high intensity if the youngster teammates are going to feed off that and him.

So we'll see if it's just a phase, but whenever I see an opening LeBron could take someone to the basket on and he settles for a stepback three that clanks I feel like yelling at the TV.

When you say Kawhi effects the game more, is this the same Kawhi who's Toronto Raptors are something like 7 wins, 1 loss with Kawhi not there. The same Kawhi who Toronto didn't need to paste GSW all over the floor?

Just checking
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

36 minutes, 29 pts (12-18), 5 reb, 4 assts and 2 stls.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
MJST wrote:

When you say Kawhi effects the game more, is this the same Kawhi who's Toronto Raptors are something like 7 wins, 1 loss with Kawhi not there. The same Kawhi who Toronto didn't need to paste GSW all over the floor?

Just checking

Overreaction ground.net
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Did Durant's impact rise after moving to California?

I assume his impact was the same when he was eliminated by the Grizzlies and Spurs in the playoffs, or when he dropped a 3-1 lead to the Warriors in 2016. Including when he had a 10 for 31 performance at home in game 6.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject:

Yellow wrote:
MJST wrote:

Did Durant's impact rise after moving to California?

I assume his impact was the same when he was eliminated by the Grizzlies and Spurs in the playoffs, or when he dropped a 3-1 lead to the Warriors in 2016. Including when he had a 10 for 31 performance at home in game 6.

I dont agree with the examples he used. One could argue Steph and Giannis are more impactful, maybe. Then again I’d just tell them the Lakers would have maybe 9 or 10 wins right now without LeBron
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject:

LbJ had a 'good' game.
He can't constantly bail us out on offence and he's no longer a consistent point of attack defender especially on the perimeter - no shame in that.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

He would shoot a higher FT Percentage if he would clean up his routine.

No great FT shooter is moving his legs around before the shot, it is a bad approach and hurting his percentage.

Magic should get out there with him. I guarantee Magic can still pop in FT's like nothing, simple routine...bounce, bounce shoot with your eyes always on the rim.

LeBron is moving his leg around and stepping into the shot while not looking at the rim until the last instant. Terrible routine, but I love the guy anyway.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
He would shoot a higher FT Percentage if he would clean up his routine.

No great FT shooter is moving his legs around before the shot, it is a bad approach and hurting his percentage.

Magic should get out there with him. I guarantee Magic can still pop in FT's like nothing, simple routine...bounce, bounce shoot with your eyes always on the rim.

LeBron is moving his leg around and stepping into the shot while not looking at the rim until the last instant. Terrible routine, but I love the guy anyway.

He has tried different approach already. Stand still, one motion, and I think he even tried shooting a bit further out too. I just really think his too bulky, and still does a lot of weight lifting.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

This is quite simple. He's 34 years old. He's conserving his energy and body. What's easier, driving every possession or chucking deep 3s? I expected this. I only get mad when he does it in the last 3 minutes of a close game. But ya Lebron is the master of conserving his energy/being efficient aka resting on the court.

Wait till the playoffs.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Triple double like it aint no thang!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Just another day at the office. 30 minutes, 24 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists and 1 steal.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Always been a great fan of his, but now as a Laker I am over the moon, he is so, so, damn great!
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Just another day at the office. 30 minutes, 24 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists and 1 steal.

in 30 min....so damn efficient!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

30 minutes... LeBron getting some rest
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

LeBron spin move is unstoppable.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Bless this man forever.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

He’s so (bleep) good
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

LBJ is still the best player in the league. Crazy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 929, 930, 931 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 930 of 2082
Jump to: