The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1091, 1092, 1093 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Which superstar in NBA history signed with the Clippers coming from another team?

Stop living in the past. The Clippers aren't the same Clippers from the Sterling era, much as the Lakers aren't the same Lakers as the Dr. Buss era.

So the answer is no one.

Lebron was our most significant FA signing since Shaq. That was a more than 20 year gap. Jerry West is the ultimate closer. I will never underestimate him.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Which superstar in NBA history signed with the Clippers coming from another team?

Stop living in the past. The Clippers aren't the same Clippers from the Sterling era, much as the Lakers aren't the same Lakers as the Dr. Buss era.

So the answer is no one.

Lebron was our most significant FA signing since Shaq. That was a more than 20 year gap. Jerry West is the ultimate closer. I will never underestimate him.

We'll see...hope not.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Year 1 to Year 16

https://i.redd.it/1s1qm9oncvl21.jpg

Last 3 games on restrictions

30mpg
32ppg
9rpg
8apg
60% fg

1-2

Injuries. If you see life this negative ...you're more then likely not very successful.

I consider myself pretty successful. I don't see life negative at all, I see the impact Lebron has had on this team as a net negative at this point. So far the best thing Lebron has given this team is a terrific trading piece, but likely we won't pull the trigger and trade him.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

James is still an amazing player. But there are flaws.

Statistically he is having a great year. But those stats do not tell the whole story. It is fair to consider the other side of the coin. He has also exhibited a troubling inconsistency in lack of effort or leadership all season long. His very presence creates a drama filled environment, whether his fault or not it is toxic to a team.

If you watch every game you see the negative issues. Free agents see them too. They will need to decide if they are willing to accept the good with the bad for the next couple years. I'm not as optimistic as others they will.

James can still have good game. Even be a tremendous support player. But relying on him to be the foundation of a complete roster overhauls and expectations of a championship are unrealistic IMO.

We will continue to see the cool "moments" just not the season long dominance. Just like every other aging player that has played the game. Marquee players see that too. Why would they want to jump into "Lebron's World" when they have other options?
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Year 1 to Year 16

https://i.redd.it/1s1qm9oncvl21.jpg

Last 3 games on restrictions

30mpg
32ppg
9rpg
8apg
60% fg

1-2

If it had been Kobe your response would be different.

I don't think Kobe (pre achilles) misses the playoffs with this roster.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

So the answer is no one. :lol:

What level of nonsense is this? As far as I'm aware they just cleared significant cap space this upcoming summer under Ballmer. They didn't have the cap space since Ballmer took over so how were they supposed to sign a major free agent? They just got West on board last summer. They've been cleaning up the mess of the Sterling era and are just now positioning themselves to be players. So again, you are living in the past.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Statistically he is having a great year. But those stats do not tell the whole story. It is fair to consider the other side of the coin. He has also exhibited a troubling inconsistency in lack of effort or leadership all season long. His very presence creates a drama filled environment, whether his fault or not it is toxic to a team.

If you watch every game you see the negative issues. Free agents see them too. They will need to decide if they are willing to accept the good with the bad for the next couple years. I'm not as optimistic as others they will.

James can still have good game. Even be a tremendous support player. But relying on him to be the foundation of a complete roster overhauls and expectations of a championship are unrealistic IMO.

We will continue to see the cool "moments" just not the season long dominance. Just like every other aging player that has played the game. Marquee players see that too. Why would they want to jump into "Lebron's World" when they have other options?

He failed to close out so many games this year. His lack of leadership, willingness to, and ability to close killed our chances of the playoffs this year. If we would have closed out more of those games earlier in the year, the 18 games without Lebron wouldn't have killed our playoff hopes so badly.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

You don't think. In other words, you're making stuff up. Kobe missed the playoffs with Odom and Butler in his prime. So what else you got?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

So the answer is no one.

What level of nonsense is this? As far as I'm aware they just cleared significant cap space this upcoming summer under Ballmer. They didn't have the cap space since Ballmer took over so how were they supposed to sign a major free agent? They just got West on board last summer. They've been cleaning up the mess of the Sterling era and are just now positioning themselves to be players. So again, you are living in the past.

So they are locked in to sign superstar free agent/s?

Which ones?

Are you willing to bet your franchise player status on your prediction/s?
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

You don't think. In other words, you're making stuff up. Kobe missed the playoffs with Odom and Butler in his prime. So what else you got?

Ingram and Kuzma are each better than both of those players. I would also take Rondo or Lonzo over Atkins, and I'd take McGee or Chandler over Mihm.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

Past his prime James has been disappointing this season. And I was not on board with his signing in the first place.

I simply feel the free agents and coaches are more savvy then many are giving them credit. Fans see the box score and highlight dunks. They rarely see the bad decisions, lack of effort on defense or repeatedly not making it past half court. But tends to be the first one to point a finger at a teammate for a blown assignment.

Free agents will be watching the complete game before they sign with the Lakers. It's cool to point to the rafters and dream, entirely another to assess the realities of a competitive roster, team chemistry and stability.

Lakers have lost most of the "historical" advantage they may have once held. Same as the past prime James in all honesty.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Ingram and Kuzma are each better than both of those players. I would also take Rondo or Lonzo over Atkins, and I'd take McGee or Chandler over Mihm.

3rd year BI and 2nd year Kuz are better than Odom and Butler?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

Which ones?

Do you operate in all areas of your life being so willfully ignorant?

The Clippers have not been in a position to sign a star free agent since the Ballmer-West era began. We don't know how that will pan out. You are saying the Clippers won't sign anyone because of their past. But seeing as they're under new ownership and management and now in a position to attract free agents, I am saying that you cannot in this case predict the future based upon a completely different set of circumstances. Likewise, the Lakers cannot predict the future based upon how things worked out two decades ago.

The Clippers may well strike out; Magic could very well strike out again like he did with KL, PG and AD. With so many big names in play and a lot of teams with a lot of cap space and potentially desirable locations based on a lot of factors, I'm not going to hazard a guess as to where anyone is going to sign. But based upon things like organizational culture and knowledge of roster building and coaching and ownership, the Clippers appear to be a more attractive franchise to someone who wants to live and play in L.A. and is making decisions based upon reason and not nostalgia.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

But you're basing this on the current rosters, yes? So Kobe goes to the playoffs in the current Western Conference at age 34, with Zo, Rondo, BI, Kuzma, Chandler all missing games like they have? Really?

Meanwhile, I would argue a 26 year old Lebron easily makes the playoffs and goes deep in the West with the 2004-5 Lakers roster. Don't forget all the 3 point shooting that team had--5 rotation players shot 3s at 36%, so better than anyone on the current roster. I would likewise argue that 34 year old Lebron still takes the 2004-5 roster in the playoffs in the 2019 Western Conference.

But again, like you, I'm just making this all up since we don't have the means of doing the experiment.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

3rd year BI and 2nd year Kuz are better than Odom and Butler? :lol:

How soon they forget.... :-|
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

How soon they forget....

I just don't get the Kobe/LBJ debates.

Kobe will always be more beloved by the Lakers fanbase.

LBJ has played 15 seasons elsewhere and is coming here at the twilight of his career. Is there no way to appreciate both great players' careers?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Which ones?

Do you operate in all areas of your life being so willfully ignorant?

The Clippers have not been in a position to sign a star free agent since the Ballmer-West era began. We don't know how that will pan out. You are saying the Clippers won't sign anyone because of their past. But seeing as they're under new ownership and management and now in a position to attract free agents, I am saying that you cannot in this case predict the future based upon a completely different set of circumstances. Likewise, the Lakers cannot predict the future based upon how things worked out two decades ago.

The Clippers may well strike out; Magic could very well strike out again like he did with KL, PG and AD. With so many big names in play and a lot of teams with a lot of cap space and potentially desirable locations based on a lot of factors, I'm not going to hazard a guess as to where anyone is going to sign. But based upon things like organizational culture and knowledge of roster building and coaching and ownership, the Clippers appear to be a more attractive franchise to someone who wants to live and play in L.A. and is making decisions based upon reason and not nostalgia.

All I needed to hear champ.

I thought with all the intelligence you are trying to exhibit, you would be foolish to take the bait by making a prediction.

I respect your intellect...for now.

BTW scientific experimentation are based on past occurrences...nothing wrong with studying what has happened before to predict what's gonna happen in the future.

Clippers brand is not synonymous with winning and that's an understatement.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

3rd year BI and 2nd year Kuz are better than Odom and Butler? :lol:

How soon they forget.... :-|

I just don't get the Kobe/LBJ debates.

Kobe will always be more beloved by the Lakers fanbase.

LBJ has played 15 seasons elsewhere and is coming here at the twilight of his career. Is there no way to appreciate both great players' careers? :lol:

Apparently not.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

But you're basing this on the current rosters, yes? So Kobe goes to the playoffs in the current Western Conference at age 34, with Zo, Rondo, BI, Kuzma, Chandler all missing games like they have? Really?

Meanwhile, I would argue a 26 year old Lebron easily makes the playoffs and goes deep in the West with the 2004-5 Lakers roster. Don't forget all the 3 point shooting that team had--5 rotation players shot 3s at 36%, so better than anyone on the current roster. I would likewise argue that 34 year old Lebron still takes the 2004-5 roster in the playoffs in the 2019 Western Conference.

But again, like you, I'm just making this all up since we don't have the means of doing the experiment.

Also add Kobe missing 18 games on top of that... Yea I don't see it happening.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

Last night's game vs. the bulls we caught a glimpse of what happens when the team just plays basketball.

Thought Lebron lead from the front on both ends for a change. Looked like the joy of the game is being rediscovered by everyone who played.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Great point RG...Some people on this site are absolutely clueless and delusional. Thank you for shedding light, being reasonable and not basing opinions solely on disliking LeBron. Props to you. Again I mention 15-8 when the top 4 played together. Injuries to the top players can be unsustainable. Especially with a young team.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Great point RG...Some people on this site are absolutely clueless and delusional. Thank you for shedding light, being reasonable and not basing opinions solely on disliking LeBron. Props to you. Again I mention 15-8 when the top 4 played together. Injuries to the top players can be unsustainable. Especially with a young team.

It’s kind of weird the lengths people are going to delegitimize LeBron. He takes nothing away from Kobe or any previous Laker legend just like Kobe didn’t take anything from Kareem or Magic or West, etc.. What is the motivation for attacking this guy? He signed a 4 year deal to be here, clearly cares about winning and wants to carry the torch during his time here. The stats he’s putting up are impressive and if we had a healthy team we’d be looking at the playoffs right now with them possibly going into the second round this year.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Better than Butler 100% no doubt about it. Odom was slightly better but dude was a crack head druggie and inconsistent as (bleep).
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

So the answer is no one.

This sounds awfully familiar...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1091, 1092, 1093 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1092 of 2079
Jump to: