The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1102, 1103, 1104 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

What is sad is that he was actually trying to win last night.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:
I feel that there is a lot of animosity around here. Instead of celebrating the fact that we have one of the 2 best players ever, we have some people hating on him!

Would love to have "that" player. Do you have a time machine?

Because that top 2 guy has left the building and only getting farther down the road every passing game.

Career accomplishments are not going to win a championship or even create a contender. Especially if the player has mentally retired already.

That last sentence is a little harsh. I'd wait to see what LeBron is like once the front office gives him another elite superstar. If he has the same mindset then, you can level this at him. However, to do so now when he's playing with a team that has no chance to win is harsh.

I do not consider it too harsh. I've watched him play every game this year. not just the highlights or cool dunks. I also watch a lot of bball around the league. I see players and teams playing hard every night.

Name another player that has given less effort or leadership. Especially the team leaders. The league is competitive and does not suffer those coasting except in the ASG. Which James' play has reminded me of this season. The home town player trying to win the ASG MVP.

I admit I'm biased. I did not like the James fit the moment it was mentioned. He has done little to convince me otherwise. Career stats and occasional interest are not enough for me to accept.

If he played hard and seemed interested in being a team leader I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Ignoring his flaws because of his career accomplishments is absurd IMO.

Sad to think his motivation to be great and work ethic is directly tied to the number of All-Stars lined up next to him. Seriously???

I find the rationalization of "he will try harder if he has better players around him" to be insulting. If that is his mindset then he should have signed for role player money so he can be a role player.
Greyhound
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
I feel that there is a lot of animosity around here. Instead of celebrating the fact that we have one of the 2 best players ever, we have some people hating on him!

Because that top 2 guy has left the building and only getting farther down the road every passing game.

Career accomplishments are not going to win a championship or even create a contender. Especially if the player has mentally retired already.

You might try instead:

Player PER, BPM, VORP
Kuzma 14.1, -1.6, 0.2
Lance 12.1, -2.1, 0.0
Hart 9.4, -0.9, 0.5
KCP 12.3, -1.0, 0.4
Bullock 8.1, -2.4. 0.0
Muscala 6.6, -4.1. -0.1
Ingram 13.6, -2.0, 0.4
Lonzo 11.8, 0.4, 0.9
Smush 13.4, 2.0, 1.1 [05-06]

Lebron and the Smushes. Which, in most cases, would be an insult to Smush.

All that I will otherwise say is that Lebron isn't the guy who tampered with Paul George then couldn't even get a meeting with him when the time came.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wow, seriously?

I did not watch last night...pretty sad if they were really trying to win.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

Greyhound wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:

You might try instead:

Player PER, BPM, VORP
Kuzma 14.1, -1.6, 0.2
Lance 12.1, -2.1, 0.0
Hart 9.4, -0.9, 0.5
KCP 12.3, -1.0, 0.4
Bullock 8.1, -2.4. 0.0
Muscala 6.6, -4.1. -0.1
Ingram 13.6, -2.0, 0.4
Lonzo 11.8, 0.4, 0.9

All that I will otherwise say is that Lebron isn't the guy who tampered with Paul George then couldn't even get a meeting with him when the time came.

Smush Parker by most advanced metrics was better than the scrubs that LeBron is playing with now. Nevermind Lamar Odom who was a bonafide star. Or the greatest coach of all time in Phil Jackson rather than Luke Walton.

And that team struggled. People need some perspective. LeBron will hopefully have better help by next season. And when he has help, we know what he does. He is the most dangerous player in basketball.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wow, seriously?

I don't think they did. They seemed to be tanking to me. Losing to a better team while aiming to lose is not a surprise. LeBron very nearly got a triple double in a game in which he was trying to lose, as well.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:

You might try instead:

Player PER, BPM, VORP
Kuzma 14.1, -1.6, 0.2
Lance 12.1, -2.1, 0.0
Hart 9.4, -0.9, 0.5
KCP 12.3, -1.0, 0.4
Bullock 8.1, -2.4. 0.0
Muscala 6.6, -4.1. -0.1
Ingram 13.6, -2.0, 0.4
Lonzo 11.8, 0.4, 0.9

Smush Parker by most advanced metrics was better than the scrubs that LeBron is playing with now. Nevermind Lamar Odom who was a bonafide star. Or the greatest coach of all time in Phil Jackson rather than Luke Walton.

And that team struggled. People need some perspective. LeBron will hopefully have better help by next season. And when he has help, we know what he does. He is the most dangerous player in basketball.

But I thought he makes everyone better. Parker averaged 3 PPG before he came to LA. Then Kobe actually made him better because Kobe actually makes players better. Shouldn’t Lebron make players better?

When players do good with Lebron it’s because he makes them better. When players do bad with him it’s because they suck. That’s why people don’t like him. In the eyes of his fans and the media he can do no wrong.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:

You might try instead:

Player PER, BPM, VORP
Kuzma 14.1, -1.6, 0.2
Lance 12.1, -2.1, 0.0
Hart 9.4, -0.9, 0.5
KCP 12.3, -1.0, 0.4
Bullock 8.1, -2.4. 0.0
Muscala 6.6, -4.1. -0.1
Ingram 13.6, -2.0, 0.4
Lonzo 11.8, 0.4, 0.9

Kobe elevated his teammates. Smush was only an NBA player because of Kobe Bryant. Lebron, as we've seen, is a frontrunner. When things are going well it's all high-fives and dancing on the sideline. When not, he distances himself. Don't even compare the two.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I see that LeBron haters admit that Smush Parker is better than anyone LeBron has playing for him. It's incredible how harshly he gets graded.

Excellent post @greyhound.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

A few interesting things:

LeBron is 4th all time in regular season points ( behind Kareem, Malone, and Kobe)
LeBron is 1st all time in playoff points already (huge gap to 2nd place)
LeBron is 2nd all time in finals points, behind Jerry West.

He's less than 5 thousand total points behind Kareem in total points and should pass him by the end of his lakers tenure.

By the time LeBron retires, he will almost certainly have scored more points than anyone in NBA history, factoring in the regular season, playoffs, and finals. That is truly crazy considering the fact that he's a playmaker.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

LeFraud exposed once again. I do feel sorry for all the hard work the artist put into those murals in the beginning of the season, but the “king of LA” label was laughable from the start
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
LeFraud exposed once again. I do feel sorry for all the hard work the artist put into those murals in the beginning of the season, but the “king of LA” label was laughable from the start

His 27.4 ppg, 8.5 rpg and 8.1 apg on 51%FG probably make a better season than most star players' best statistical season. And this is at the age of 34 with scrubs, when he supposedly isn't even interested in playing!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Yeah. It was insulting more than anything. I don't agree with vandalism but I get where the people who splashed paint over the mural were coming from.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
22 wrote:

His 27.4 ppg, 8.5 rpg and 8.1 apg on 51%FG probably make a better season than most star players' best statistical season. And this is at the age of 34 with scrubs, when he supposedly isn't even interested in playing!

You're really putting in overtime today. How much does Lebron pay you to worship him at the altar?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
22 wrote:

Take a look at this to give your numbers some context

I’ve only seen him play with real effort in a handful of games this year. 3-5? The bucks game being the best example. If he played that hard all year I would not complain.

But dude mails it in on defense and then blames everyone else. Couldn’t care less what his numbers are when it’s clear he was going through the motions for much of the year. I wish the FO had the vision and foresight to trade him while he still has value
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lakeshow824 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wow, seriously?

I don't think they did. They seemed to be tanking to me. Losing to a better team while aiming to lose is not a surprise. LeBron very nearly got a triple double in a game in which he was trying to lose, as well.

If he was trying to lose he would have stayed out when he went to the bench after falling. No one would have questioned that. Instead he came back in.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ziggy wrote:
22 wrote:

Yeah. It was insulting more than anything. I don't agree with vandalism but I get where the people who splashed paint over the mural were coming from.

Exactly my man
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
22 wrote:

LeBeast!
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Lebron's sacrifice

Very well said.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wow, seriously?

If he was trying to lose he would have stayed out when he went to the bench after falling. No one would have questioned that. Instead he came back in.

Agreed.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/im_disgusted/status/1109380904106016769?s=21

So once again the Lakers didn’t tell the truth.

Once Lebron was caught on camera saying “I heard a pop” that’s all we needed to know.

Let’s hope it was just a freak accident and not the start of serious injury issues as he gets older.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
Lebron's sacrifice

Very well said.

Yeah again it would have helped shut a lot of nonsense down about LeBron supposedly declining. Dude played hurt.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:
Lebron's sacrifice

Very well said.

Yeah again it would have helped shut a lot of nonsense down about LeBron supposedly declining. Dude played hurt.

We all knew deep down inside Lebron hearing a “pop” was really bad news. Instantly a level 2-3 sprain.

Our selfish reasons of being an “historic franchise” was hoping Lebron to rush back. Definitely raising the question of how much better would he be if he was sitting out healing this entire time?

This summer is gonna be huge in his recovery.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
22 wrote:

Lebron has given material to both the "Lebron can do no wrong" crowd like yourself and the "Lebron can do no right" crowd you like to tease.

Offensively, he still performs at a high level. However, his defense during the regular season has been pretty bad for a couple of years. This year, he's had a lot of games where he was vocal on defense, telling teammates what to do, while pretty much taking the play off himself.

That's not super surprising given his age and offensive responsibility, but it does mean the Lakers need to do a better job putting a team around him that can cover some of his deficiencies.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1102, 1103, 1104 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1103 of 2086
Jump to: