LeBron James Watch: (Woj: LeBron to Lakers a target; Bucher: Execs expect LBJ to leave Cavs for Lakers - p.82)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 149, 150, 151  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 14820

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.
_________________
2018: Lonzo . PG12 . Brandon . Kuzma . ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 11939
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.


Clippers don't have cap room like we do
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 2660

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.


There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83074

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.


There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.


Clips? They don't have nearly the cap space unless they do a S&T or something. Even if they let DeAndre go (who is playing center?), i don't think they have enough.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 11939
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.


There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.


Clips? They don't have nearly the cap space unless they do a S&T or something. Even if they let DeAndre go (who is playing center?), i don't think they have enough.


Even if you are saying is true, in what world would LeBron want to choose the Clippers over the Lakers? LeBron specifically wants to play with Lonzo which is 1 major factor why LeBron is seen as coming to the Lakers next summer, he went to SL to watch Ball play and you know both LeBron and Ball have already talked with each other on teaming up, Clippers don't have the same domino effect like the Lakers do in getting LeBron....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 11939
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

I would say this which is crazy, but I wouldn't be shocked if we somehow landed LeBron now instead of next summer, 1 big reason is that the Cavs aren't gonna go through another situation were there franchise player tells them that he's gonna leave once FA gets underway, I think there is a very slight chance that LeBron is traded before FA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BynumForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Feb 2016
Posts: 678

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.


There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.


Clips? They don't have nearly the cap space unless they do a S&T or something. Even if they let DeAndre go (who is playing center?), i don't think they have enough.


Even if you are saying is true, in what world would LeBron want to choose the Clippers over the Lakers? LeBron specifically wants to play with Lonzo which is 1 major factor why LeBron is seen as coming to the Lakers next summer, he went to SL to watch Ball play and you know both LeBron and Ball have already talked with each other on teaming up, Clippers don't have the same domino effect like the Lakers do in getting LeBron....

Where did LeBron say he specifically wants to play with Lonzo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 2660

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.


There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.


Clips? They don't have nearly the cap space unless they do a S&T or something. Even if they let DeAndre go (who is playing center?), i don't think they have enough.


Yeah I'm not sure if they could pull it off, but teams are usually able to move $ and open up cap space. So I wouldn't rule them out, but yeah I would think the lakers have the advantage because they have the space for 2 max or will soon have it while the clippers will have to make moves just to create 1 max.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 11939
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.


There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.


Clips? They don't have nearly the cap space unless they do a S&T or something. Even if they let DeAndre go (who is playing center?), i don't think they have enough.


Even if you are saying is true, in what world would LeBron want to choose the Clippers over the Lakers? LeBron specifically wants to play with Lonzo which is 1 major factor why LeBron is seen as coming to the Lakers next summer, he went to SL to watch Ball play and you know both LeBron and Ball have already talked with each other on teaming up, Clippers don't have the same domino effect like the Lakers do in getting LeBron....

Where did LeBron say he specifically wants to play with Lonzo?


He wouldn't say it now which would be stupid considering he's still playing for the Cavs, but the signs are there.... you can tell that LeBron and Ball have already talked with each other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83074

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I still see the 2 max being pursued as

1. LBJ/PG13
2. LBJ/WB (both would have to take a discount)
3. WB/PG13.

I like #1 and #3 better than #2.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 4425

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I still see the 2 max being pursued as

1. LBJ/PG13
2. LBJ/WB (both would have to take a discount)
3. WB/PG13.

I like #1 and #3 better than #2.


Hard not to want Bron AND Russ, but the fit with them, Luke, and our young pieces seems a little awkward.

Plan #1 feels like a good balance/blend in talent.

And then the Cousins and PG grouping... that IMO is the best fit for Luke and the age of our core.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15209

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I still see the 2 max being pursued as

1. LBJ/PG13
2. LBJ/WB (both would have to take a discount)
3. WB/PG13.

I like #1 and #3 better than #2.


Hard not to want Bron AND Russ, but the fit with them, Luke, and our young pieces seems a little awkward.

Plan #1 feels like a good balance/blend in talent.

And then the Cousins and PG grouping... that IMO is the best fit for Luke and the age of our core.


If any of #1-#3 happen Luke is coaching the team in name only
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 16119
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.


There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.


Clips? They don't have nearly the cap space unless they do a S&T or something. Even if they let DeAndre go (who is playing center?), i don't think they have enough.

If we somehow get all 3. Will you put in your signature that I'm a fortune teller of epic proportions? I've tried to do the math with you in the past. I think if we somehow get Deng, Clarkson, Randle, Lopez, and KCP completely off the books. We'd have 27.5 mill per person for the big 3 (2.5 mill more than Durant is getting paid this year).
_________________
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 4504

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.


There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.


Clips? They don't have nearly the cap space unless they do a S&T or something. Even if they let DeAndre go (who is playing center?), i don't think they have enough.

If we somehow get all 3. Will you put in your signature that I'm a fortune teller of epic proportions? I've tried to do the math with you in the past. I think if we somehow get Deng, Clarkson, Randle, Lopez, and KCP completely off the books. We'd have 27.5 mill per person for the big 3 (2.5 mill more than Durant is getting paid this year).



If it requires two first round picks to clear those contracts, is that an acceptable cost?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83074

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.


There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.


Clips? They don't have nearly the cap space unless they do a S&T or something. Even if they let DeAndre go (who is playing center?), i don't think they have enough.

If we somehow get all 3. Will you put in your signature that I'm a fortune teller of epic proportions? I've tried to do the math with you in the past. I think if we somehow get Deng, Clarkson, Randle, Lopez, and KCP completely off the books. We'd have 27.5 mill per person for the big 3 (2.5 mill more than Durant is getting paid this year).



If it requires two first round picks to clear those contracts, is that an acceptable cost?


For me I would say absolutely.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 18559
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall


HOLY CRAP MY HIGH SCHOOL

Giancarlo Stanton, Rami Malek, Pjiddy, now Lebron James JR....lotta greats to wander those halls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 2660

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakers future Mount Rushmore at 2:24

https://youtu.be/3DpfpDUbdhU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 360

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

About a 1% chance but what if all three of WB/LBJ/PG13 all agreed to team up and take discounts. They could potentially get 24M each if we traded away Deng and Clarkson for no salary after this year. Long shot but Durant took 25M so it's not impossible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 18559
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
About a 1% chance but what if all three of WB/LBJ/PG13 all agreed to team up and take discounts. They could potentially get 24M each if we traded away Deng and Clarkson for no salary after this year. Long shot but Durant took 25M so it's not impossible.


I don't understand pursuing Westbrook if they think so highly of Lonzo. He makes way more sense press conference wise than philosophy-wise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83074

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

2 is good enough for me.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 360

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
About a 1% chance but what if all three of WB/LBJ/PG13 all agreed to team up and take discounts. They could potentially get 24M each if we traded away Deng and Clarkson for no salary after this year. Long shot but Durant took 25M so it's not impossible.


I don't understand pursuing Westbrook if they think so highly of Lonzo. He makes way more sense press conference wise than philosophy-wise.


It's more for the comfotability for all three players to know they have a lineup to possibly dethrone the Warriors. It's a huge long shot but LBJ saying he wants WB might mean something.

WB at the 2 leaking out is a scary thought in transition with Lonzo leading the break or outlet passing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 30437
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
About a 1% chance but what if all three of WB/LBJ/PG13 all agreed to team up and take discounts. They could potentially get 24M each if we traded away Deng and Clarkson for no salary after this year. Long shot but Durant took 25M so it's not impossible.


I don't understand pursuing Westbrook if they think so highly of Lonzo. He makes way more sense press conference wise than philosophy-wise.


It's more for the comfotability for all three players to know they have a lineup to possibly dethrone the Warriors. It's a huge long shot but LBJ saying he wants WB might mean something.

WB at the 2 leaking out is a scary thought in transition with Lonzo leading the break or outlet passing.


If you could corral him into that role, and get him to reduce the inane shots. Floor spacing might be a problem, too.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 14820

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Btw I was kidding about the clippers
_________________
2018: Lonzo . PG12 . Brandon . Kuzma . ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 18765

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I still see the 2 max being pursued as

1. LBJ/PG13
2. LBJ/WB (both would have to take a discount)
3. WB/PG13.

I like #1 and #3 better than #2.


Not disagreeing with you, but just not sure why we would want WB. Magic talking about Lonzo and the pass-first mentality he brings and all that.

Just curious. If we are going to only sign one superstar, would you want PG or LBJ? I'd take PG, and I've been a Lebron homer even though I agree with you that LBJ is 5-star and PG 4-star diamonds so to speak.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 9651

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
About a 1% chance but what if all three of WB/LBJ/PG13 all agreed to team up and take discounts. They could potentially get 24M each if we traded away Deng and Clarkson for no salary after this year. Long shot but Durant took 25M so it's not impossible.


I don't understand pursuing Westbrook if they think so highly of Lonzo. He makes way more sense press conference wise than philosophy-wise.


It's more for the comfotability for all three players to know they have a lineup to possibly dethrone the Warriors. It's a huge long shot but LBJ saying he wants WB might mean something.

WB at the 2 leaking out is a scary thought in transition with Lonzo leading the break or outlet passing.


If you could corral him into that role, and get him to reduce the inane shots. Floor spacing might be a problem, too.


I love the idea of WB and Lebron in theory. I think they could do serious damage together. Neither one is a system player though. Lebron at least has shown he can play off-ball or in the post in Miami, even if he tends to fall back on iso or high screen/roll.

WB has never shown that ability though. Whether it's coaching or the talent surrounding him or his own preference, he's never been a guy who can integrate in a system and stay engaged off-ball. If he'd be willing to defer playmaking duties to Lonzo and focus on scoring, we'd have a team capable of beating GS imo. Still underdogs, but a legitimate chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
Page 116 of 151
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB