The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1197, 1198, 1199 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Of course it's on Vogel. They ran iso so much that I don't see how it wasn't by design. I don't mind giving AD the ball in the mid range area and letting him ISO every now and then, but they did it way too much. That's too easy to guard. What's weird is that they didn't play that way during the preseason.

Yeah, that was confusing
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

They should be running clever sets that put LeBron and AD in positions to score and put pressure on the defense instead of saying, 'Here's the ball, make something happen.' That's all you're doing when you ISO, even if your goal is to get an open shot for someone else through it. The Lakers were at their best during the preseason when they were actually moving the ball and running real offense.

Last edited by Judah on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
They should be clever sets that put LeBron and AD in positions to score and put pressure on the defense instead of saying, 'Here's the ball, make something happen.' That's all you're doing when you ISO, even if your goal is to get an open shot for someone else through it. The Lakers were at their best during the preseason when they were actually moving the ball and running real offense.

Exactly. They're not putting them in positions to finish/score.

They are putting them in positions to create and score. Can't do that all game.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

Wish we saw more of what we saw in preseason.
That being said I think the clippers played some solid defense.

Did LeBron even run a pnr with AD?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
We also did have a ton of good looks for guys like Cook/Daniels who didn't hit. Based on averages, they will. So I'm still hopeful LBJ can set these snipers up.

At some point he has to just go. Take his man to the rim. This set up players nonsense is a waste of his talent and takes too much out of him...bringing the ball up all the time...looking for the open man...come on...you're LeBron fricken James...take your man and go to work.

Yeah. I don't like the mindset of him being a "point guard." Rather have him set up in half court. But the problem is whether Bradley/Cook/Caruso (Rondo can but he has other issues) can reliably bring the ball up against pressure.

I'm not a Rondo fan either...but he's the only guy that can bring it up and set up an offense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
We also did have a ton of good looks for guys like Cook/Daniels who didn't hit. Based on averages, they will. So I'm still hopeful LBJ can set these snipers up.

At some point he has to just go. Take his man to the rim. This set up players nonsense is a waste of his talent and takes too much out of him...bringing the ball up all the time...looking for the open man...come on...you're LeBron fricken James...take your man and go to work.

Yeah. I don't like the mindset of him being a "point guard." Rather have him set up in half court. But the problem is whether Bradley/Cook/Caruso (Rondo can but he has other issues) can reliably bring the ball up against pressure.

I'm not a Rondo fan either...but he's the only guy that can bring it up and set up an offense.

Yeah, we may have to bite that Rondo bullet until we can upgrade.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

To his credit; Rondo shot well in pre-season & he is a great passer. We could have used him last night instead of KCP. Heck they could have used Caruso too.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

So LeBron is point guard/small in all-star ballot now?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Wish we saw more of what we saw in preseason.
That being said I think the clippers played some solid defense.

Did LeBron even run a pnr with AD?

Reason I don't really buy in to preseason hype... You hardly see any real any nba defense during the preseason. Much more easier to run plays.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:
They should be clever sets that put LeBron and AD in positions to score and put pressure on the defense instead of saying, 'Here's the ball, make something happen.' That's all you're doing when you ISO, even if your goal is to get an open shot for someone else through it. The Lakers were at their best during the preseason when they were actually moving the ball and running real offense.

Exactly. They're not putting them in positions to finish/score.

They are putting them in positions to create and score. Can't do that all game.

Other than pick and roll, what else can they run that doesn't require either of them to run around screens to get free.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

To his credit; Rondo shot well in pre-season & he is a great passer. We could have used him last night instead of KCP. Heck they could have used Caruso too.

The problem is deeper than that. Vogel for some reason robotically used preset subs. He saw KCP getting abused for like 11-12 minutes straight and didn't change the subs.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I was practically yelling at Vogel through my TV to put Caruso in for Cook. I think he could've been a difference maker (on both ends). If he wasn't gonna play they should've just ruled him out.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
pio2u wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I was practically yelling at Vogel through my TV to put Caruso in for Cook. I think he could've been a difference maker (on both ends). If he wasn't gonna play they should've just ruled him out.

I thought Caruso is hurt?... But yea that line up with Cook/Daniels/KCP/Dudley/Dwight was such a big fail... I don't ever want to see that line up again.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Wtf happened yesterday?

No bounce no nothing in his game yesterday, seemed disinterested
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Wtf happened yesterday?

Read through our posts. We broke it down Jim. Welcome back.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Wtf happened yesterday?

Imo that’s just the way it looked because Father Time. He actually was trying on defense.

Really need another PG. Lebron just can’t be facilitator for all those minutes.

He’s starting to miss more and more layups.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kevin O'Connor
@KevinOConnorNBA

The Lakers logged 27 post-ups last night, an abnormal amount by today's standards. Davis had 17. LeBron had 10.

It was effective, they scored 1.3 points per play. But how frequently will it be used moving forward? The last team to average over 25 post-ups was the 2015-16 Knicks.

So that's the conundrum. Good PPP of 1.3 per play. But it's an antiquated system that will in the long run, fall to a team shooting and making more 3s.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Kevin O'Connor
@KevinOConnorNBA

The Lakers logged 27 post-ups last night, an abnormal amount by today's standards. Davis had 17. LeBron had 10.

It was effective, they scored 1.3 points per play. But how frequently will it be used moving forward? The last team to average over 25 post-ups was the 2015-16 Knicks.

So that's the conundrum. Good PPP of 1.3 per play. But it's an antiquated system that will in the long run, fall to a team shooting and making more 3s.

might be good playoff time but the shooters gotta make the 3s
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

Even when Ad and Lebron were killing it the clippers were down 3 because of all the easy transition points, 3pt shooting and Fts killed us.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Kevin O'Connor
@KevinOConnorNBA

If kcp, Quinn and troy don't go 1-10 on 3s, we're right in it at the end
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
They should be running clever sets that put LeBron and AD in positions to score and put pressure on the defense instead of saying, 'Here's the ball, make something happen.' That's all you're doing when you ISO, even if your goal is to get an open shot for someone else through it. The Lakers were at their best during the preseason when they were actually moving the ball and running real offense.

This
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Judah wrote:

This

So why didn’t they last night? I just don’t get it
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

I almost broke my TV when with 3:10 remaining, he let BEVERLY, who was behind him get that offensive rebound in the free throw miss!!
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Kevin O'Connor
@KevinOConnorNBA

If kcp, Quinn and troy don't go 1-10 on 3s, we're right in it at the end

The 2nd quarter killed us. Putting KCP on Kawhi effectively ended the game.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
I almost broke my TV when with 3:10 remaining, he let BEVERLY, who was behind him get that offensive rebound in the free throw miss!!

Definitely upsetting. Bron looked slow and old throughout a large part of the game, esp in the 2nd half. And, when he started playing the James Harden defense of standing, watching, and directing others, I knew the game was over.

I don't think it was a coincidence that the team went on a huge run with Bron on the bench in the 2nd half. He was gassed/tired or just not "in it" and it felt like the team played better D and had better energy without him during that stretch. I don't know what the analytics say behind it, but that's what it felt like.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1197, 1198, 1199 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1198 of 2082
Jump to: