The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
So Irving is upset that his non playoff resume was tarnished by LBJ taking them to 3 Finals and a ring (and irving's game 7 game?). Talk about an ingrate.

Uh. He's in a happier place now. I got no problems with that.

Wish somebody in the know spilled the real reason what happened, not this sugar coated interview answers. Something had to happened, like sleeping with the other's girl type of level
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
So Irving is upset that his non playoff resume was tarnished by LBJ taking them to 3 Finals and a ring (and irving's game 7 game?). Talk about an ingrate.

Wish somebody in the know spilled the real reason what happened, not this sugar coated interview answers. Something had to happened, like sleeping with the other's girl type of level

Yea. That rumor came out as well.
But who knows. I dont think the truth will come out till years later.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

more fanning to the flames. LeBron and his family went to Universal Horror nights last night wit ha group of people which included Russell Westbrook
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
more fanning to the flames. LeBron and his family went to Universal Horror nights last night wit ha group of people which included Russell Westbrook

Oh snap. Why not fright fest?
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

We are all witnesses.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
governator wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What was the rumor?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wouldn't Lebron have a better chance with Houston, Spurs or OKC? They have stars ready to win.

Hasn't it also been widely reported that LeBron's reasons for potentially joining the Lakers go beyond maximizing his chances to win rings (setting up post-career endeavors, sending his kids to school in LA, etc...)

Nevermind the fact that OKC and HOU don't have the space to retain their "stars ready to win" plus sign LeBron... does anybody that even somewhat understands the NBA landscape believe LeBron would leave the Cavs to end his career in Texas or Oklahoma? C'mon man, at least be realistic in your contrarianism

I am, I would rather raise my kids in SA than LA. And we don't have the space to sign 3 max players. $95 mil for 2 <10 yrs a 1 >10 yrs while $100 mil for 2>10 yrs and 1<10 yrs. Like the Spurs or any other team wanting Lebron, moves have to be made to get cap space.

Just glanced through this thread...

How is the bolded relevant? Anyone? Just another horrible post. Oh look at the name... yeah that explains it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wouldn't Lebron have a better chance with Houston, Spurs or OKC? They have stars ready to win.

Hasn't it also been widely reported that LeBron's reasons for potentially joining the Lakers go beyond maximizing his chances to win rings (setting up post-career endeavors, sending his kids to school in LA, etc...)

Nevermind the fact that OKC and HOU don't have the space to retain their "stars ready to win" plus sign LeBron... does anybody that even somewhat understands the NBA landscape believe LeBron would leave the Cavs to end his career in Texas or Oklahoma? C'mon man, at least be realistic in your contrarianism

I am, I would rather raise my kids in SA than LA. And we don't have the space to sign 3 max players. $95 mil for 2 <10 yrs a 1 >10 yrs while $100 mil for 2>10 yrs and 1<10 yrs. Like the Spurs or any other team wanting Lebron, moves have to be made to get cap space.

Just glanced through this thread...

How is the bolded relevant? Anyone? Just another horrible post. Oh look at the name... yeah that explains it.

He just plays the contrarian role... ignore it because you're never going to get into a real debate with him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
epak wrote:
governator wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What was the rumor?

I didn't say it was from a valid source
Terez Owens had a rumor about it. I didnt click the link though. Just read the google tagline.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

That is some juicy gossip . I mean, I can understand playing pickup in offseason, but goblins and ghouls is a whole nother level. It's happening
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
pmacla wrote:

That is some juicy gossip . I mean, I can understand playing pickup in offseason, but goblins and ghouls is a whole nother level. It's happening

Ghosts of future past
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Changing the subject...

Is anyone concerned after Kyrie interviewed with Screamin A. Smith and left some to interpret that his reason for leaving was LeBron taking over coaching responsibilities from Lue? Is there any reason to believe Lebron won't pull the same garbage he's made a career of doing in Miami and Cleveland? How will Lakers teammates handle it? Would Luke tolerate that or would he quit? If he quit, would it matter to you, or is it ok just as long as you get LeBron?

Personally, I'm not too concerned about that. Luke played under Phil so he's a pretty big advocate of letting his players figure things out amongst themselves to a degree. I watch old games from the most recent championship run fairly often during offseasons and one thing that I run into pretty consistently is all of the camera shots of Kobe and/or Fisher in the middle of the huddle with the clip board, coaching. Phil had his say, obviously, but he enjoyed letting his players police themselves and figure things out. With LeBron (and presumably George + other vets) Luke will be able to implement that kind of culture. It works well when you have not just ultra talented players, but ultra intelligent players.

Also, Luke played under Phil for too many years to not have picked up quality principles on how he handled Kobe's personality, which is similar to LeBron's. If anything, I think that makes Luke rather ideal to coach a player like LeBron. It wouldn't be a brand new dynamic that he's never seen up close before. He basically lived around it every single day for most of his career. That would be my take.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I said it in before, if Lebron & PG come here Luke is coaching in name only. Or maybe in the sense that he's directing the young guys. No way Bronzie listens to him on the court over himself lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I said it in before, if Lebron & PG come here Luke is coaching in name only. Or maybe in the sense that he's directing the young guys. No way Bronzie listens to him on the court over himself lol

I know it's easy to presume that, but I'm not as convinced as others are that it would go down that way. I'm sure people presumed the same thing when Phil became the new coach of the Bulls, especially when he made it known that he'd be implementing an offense that would actually take the ball out of Jordan's hands more. But that's the thing. Every coach, even the most legendary ones, all start their careers with a record of 0-0.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
22 wrote:

I know it's easy to presume that, but I'm not as convinced as others are that it would go down that way. I'm sure people presumed the same thing when Phil became the new coach of the Bulls,

Phil had been with the organization for years prior to that and already had confidence from Doug Collins and the respect of the locker room, and Michael Jordan and LeBron James are as far apart personality and mentality wise as you could get.

Different situation entirely.

And when it comes to what people assume Lebron may do, we should probably stick with what LeBron has already SHOWN he's capable of doing and willing to do.

If someone brings up "LeBron is going to be like this with the coaching staff, much like he ALWAYS is anywhere he goes."

And someone else goes "Maybe, but remember when Phil came to Los Angeles and Kobe didn't like the triangle?"

Let's stick to LeBron and what he's already done to base our opinions instead of trying to make the argument "because Michael did this, LeBron could do the same thing." just imho.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Judah wrote:
22 wrote:

I know it's easy to presume that, but I'm not as convinced as others are that it would go down that way. I'm sure people presumed the same thing when Phil became the new coach of the Bulls,

Phil had been with the organization for years prior to that and already had confidence from Doug Collins and the respect of the locker room, and Michael Jordan and LeBron James are as far apart personality and mentality wise as you could get.

Different situation entirely.

And when it comes to what people assume Lebron may do, we should probably stick with what LeBron has already SHOWN he's capable of doing and willing to do.

If someone brings up "LeBron is going to be like this with the coaching staff, much like he ALWAYS is anywhere he goes."

And someone else goes "Maybe, but remember when Phil came to Los Angeles and Kobe didn't like the triangle?"

Let's stick to LeBron and what he's already done to base our opinions instead of trying to make the argument "because Michael did this, LeBron could do the same thing." just imho.

I won't accuse you of presumption, so I'll just ask- do you know for certain that Phil "already had the respect of the locker room" when he took over, or are you simply assuming he did just because he had been an assistant coach there for a few years already? If you're going to make a definitive claim like that to undercut an argument, be prepared to source it. The whole reason for the comparison is to remind folks that Phil started at the bottom as an unproven head coach who inherited not only a star player, but the player who was already being called the greatest player ever, who was also as headstrong as any player ever.

Phil hadn't proven himself to be a good head coach by any means at that point because he had only been an assistant. He had to prove himself capable of being the right guy for the job, and the only way that can be done is by....proving that you're the right guy for the job. Phil had to accomplish that task and Luke will have to do the same thing, which was my point. It's an extreme exaggeration to say the two situations are nothing alike. If other coaches in similar situations have been able to do it (since Phil isn't even the only one) that means it's possible.

And you can sit here and whine and moan about LeBron having a track record of running over his coaches, but while you do, just remember that you're the same guy who says you'd take LeBrom "in a heartbeat" if it was on a 3-4 year deal. For someone who would do that, you sure seem to go out of your way an awful lot to lay out all sorts of reasons for why the Lakers should stay away from LeBron:

1) He doesn't fit Lonzo's style of play.

2) He doesn't fit Luke's system.

3) He's a drama queen.

4) He'll eventually have all the young players traded for vets, though the team would still fall short of a title and end up having to start all the way over with rebuilding and tanking because LeGM got rid of the young players before he retired (or bolted for some other team).

And there's probably a host of other weird arguments you've made that I either can't remember or haven't read. It's amazing that you believe all of this about LeBron so passionately but still want him to come on a 3-4 year deal

'Hmm, if I hit the gas extremely hard and run into that brick wall in front of me, I'll probably die on impact with a broken neck. What should I do? Ah, I know! Floor it!'
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. I don't really see the problem with Kyrie getting bored of winning as 2nd banana and seeing what he can do as "the guy." I'm skeptical of his ability to lead a team and I think it's a foolish self-evaluation, but I respect that he's going out and giving it a go.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. I don't really see the problem with Kyrie getting bored of winning as 2nd banana and seeing what he can do as "the guy." I'm skeptical of his ability to lead a team and I think it's a foolish self-evaluation, but I respect that he's going out and giving it a go.

Never know how its going to turn out. Lots of people criticized Kobe too when he ran shaq out.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
22 wrote:

I know it's easy to presume that, but I'm not as convinced as others are that it would go down that way. I'm sure people presumed the same thing when Phil became the new coach of the Bulls, especially when he made it known that he'd be implementing an offense that would actually take the ball out of Jordan's hands more. But that's the thing. Every coach, even the most legendary ones, all start their careers with a record of 0-0.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing. But it's obvious from his interactions with Mike Brown, Spoelstra, Blatt, and now Lue that LeBron runs his own ship. He's been pretty successful doing that too so it's hard to complain. But I think just about the only coach in the league that LeBron would allow complete autonomy over the team would be Pop.

defense wrote:
tox wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Never know how its going to turn out. Lots of people criticized Kobe too when he ran shaq out.

Agreed, I see nothing wrong with Kyrie wanting to leave. Especially when he knew LeBron is gone next year and Cleveland won't have any means to improve after. He got out at just the right time. I think Kyrie is going to go off this year and have a great season. Sucks cuz I can't stand Boston
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
tox wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That was because people incorrectly assumed that Kobe ran Shaq out.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

I just think LeBron has too much of respect for Magic to "take over the franchise and play LeGM"
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
I just think LeBron has too much of respect for Magic to "take over the franchise and play LeGM"

Maybe, but we're talking about him interfering with coaching at the moment
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

If Lebron comes here things will be done Lebron's way. It will be his team and players like Ball and Ingram will have to fall in line. That is just the way it is, it was like that with Shaq and it was like that with Kobe.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
If Lebron comes here things will be done Lebron's way. It will be his team and players like Ball and Ingram will have to fall in line. That is just the way it is, it was like that with Shaq and it was like that with Kobe.

If it leads to a couple (or more) NBA Titles, great!
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
tox wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe was a top 3 player in the league though. Kyrie is a top 20 player. That's quite a big difference.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 125 of 2079
Jump to: