LeBron James Watch: (Woj: LeBron to Lakers a target; Bucher: Execs expect LBJ to leave Cavs for Lakers - p.82)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 149, 150, 151  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

If I'm a Cavs fan, I'm not sure how I feel about adding 2 guys who think they're stars but aren't anymore (Rose/Wade). IT being out until January (maybe more) is concerning too as they lack shooters with Rose/Wade (and defense, though IT sucks at that).

Plus, it doesn't matter. You can win the ECF, but no team is ready to take down the Warriors sans injuries.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5472

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


? None of those guys are all that great.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.


It doesn't tell you (bleep).

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Cavs are stacked, again. Yet another super team for LeBron.
_________________
ExKUZme, we are all BALLievers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 19127

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


? None of those guys are all that great.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.


It doesn't tell you (bleep).

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Cavs are stacked, again. Yet another super team for LeBron.


Wow.

You wouldn't trade ANY Laker on the roster for any of the #2, #3, or #4 options on the super duper Cavs?

Not even Deng?

Wow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 19127

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If I'm a Cavs fan, I'm not sure how I feel about adding 2 guys who think they're stars but aren't anymore (Rose/Wade). IT being out until January (maybe more) is concerning too as they lack shooters with Rose/Wade (and defense, though IT sucks at that).

Plus, it doesn't matter. You can win the ECF, but no team is ready to take down the Warriors sans injuries.


That doesn't fit with the narrative though mister reasonable. =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5472

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


? None of those guys are all that great.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.


It doesn't tell you (bleep).

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Cavs are stacked, again. Yet another super team for LeBron.


Wow.

You wouldn't trade ANY Laker on the roster for any of the #2, #3, or #4 options on the super duper Cavs?

Not even Deng?

Wow.


Read again.
_________________
ExKUZme, we are all BALLievers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 19127

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


? None of those guys are all that great.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.


It doesn't tell you (bleep).

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Cavs are stacked, again. Yet another super team for LeBron.


Wow.

You wouldn't trade ANY Laker on the roster for any of the #2, #3, or #4 options on the super duper Cavs?

Not even Deng?

Wow.


Read again.


Read my question. I didn't ask you disregard anything. I just said, who, on the current roster, who would you trade for the Cavs awesome and talent infused #2, #3, and #4 options?

Because these options are so good that there is no excuse not to win, so, I want to see what price you would be willing to pay up to, to get these juggernauts of basketball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 13030

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


? None of those guys are all that great.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.


It doesn't tell you (bleep).

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Cavs are stacked, again. Yet another super team for LeBron.


Wow.

You wouldn't trade ANY Laker on the roster for any of the #2, #3, or #4 options on the super duper Cavs?

Not even Deng?

Wow.


Read again.


Read my question. I didn't ask you disregard anything. I just said, who, on the current roster, who would you trade for the Cavs awesome and talent infused #2, #3, and #4 options?

Because these options are so good that there is no excuse not to win, so, I want to see what price you would be willing to pay up to, to get these juggernauts of basketball.


I can do that too ringfinger. Watch

Name someone in our starting lineup better than Kevin Love, Isaiah Thomas or Dwyane Wade...

Now name someone on our bench better than Derrick Rose, JR Smith or Jae Crowder...

That tells you everything you need to know.

See how easy that was?

The reason you wouldn't trade them for those guys however has nothing to do about who's currently the better players, it's about potential upside that is 2-3 seasons away. But LeBron is playing the short game, not the 'I'll wait for 2-3 seasons till ya'll get to your prime' game like we are. Because he wants rings.

And Cleveland has provided him with the best team he could have possibly asked for.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5472

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


? None of those guys are all that great.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.


It doesn't tell you (bleep).

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Cavs are stacked, again. Yet another super team for LeBron.


Wow.

You wouldn't trade ANY Laker on the roster for any of the #2, #3, or #4 options on the super duper Cavs?

Not even Deng?

Wow.


Read again.


Read my question. I didn't ask you disregard anything. I just said, who, on the current roster, who would you trade for the Cavs awesome and talent infused #2, #3, and #4 options?

Because these options are so good that there is no excuse not to win, so, I want to see what price you would be willing to pay up to, to get these juggernauts of basketball.


I can do that too ringfinger. Watch

Name someone in our starting lineup better than Kevin Love, Isaiah Thomas or Dwyane Wade...

Now name someone on our bench better than Derrick Rose, JR Smith or Jae Crowder...

That tells you everything you need to know.

See how easy that was?

The reason you wouldn't trade them for those guys however has nothing to do about who's currently the better players, it's about potential upside that is 2-3 seasons away. But LeBron is playing the short game, not the 'I'll wait for 2-3 seasons till ya'll get to your prime' game like we are. Because he wants rings.

And Cleveland has provided him with the best team he could have possibly asked for.


Wow.

You wouldn't trade ANY Laker on the roster for any of the #2, #3, or #4 options on the super duper Cavs?

Not even Deng?

Wow.
_________________
ExKUZme, we are all BALLievers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 19127

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

I never said better. You told me to read, you ought to do the same. I said who you would trade. Not who do you think is better.

I asked it to gauge how greatly, or not so greatly, one values CLE's roleplayers.

If you would trade no better than Deng, Brewer, and Bryant, that says a lot compared id you were willing to trade JR, Ingram, and Ball.

People like to talk as if those role players are a dream come true but no one actually wants them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 121500
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If I'm a Cavs fan, I'm not sure how I feel about adding 2 guys who think they're stars but aren't anymore (Rose/Wade). IT being out until January (maybe more) is concerning too as they lack shooters with Rose/Wade (and defense, though IT sucks at that).

Plus, it doesn't matter. You can win the ECF, but no team is ready to take down the Warriors sans injuries.


I am sure that Cavs fans are thrilled, just as Laker fans would be. A trip to the Finals is an exciting time.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 12166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:


_________________
Dominating every day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 9401
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If I'm a Cavs fan, I'm not sure how I feel about adding 2 guys who think they're stars but aren't anymore (Rose/Wade). IT being out until January (maybe more) is concerning too as they lack shooters with Rose/Wade (and defense, though IT sucks at that).

Plus, it doesn't matter. You can win the ECF, but no team is ready to take down the Warriors sans injuries.

Most important thing about the additions of Wade/Crowder is being able to put a solid 5 man lineup at the end of the game (Isaiah/Wade/Lebron/Crowder/Love) and having players who can sustain the game against second units (Rose and Smith)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 15720

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Is he really a Lakers man?
_________________
2018: Lonzo . PG12 . BI . Kuzma . Dedmon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7124
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If I'm a Cavs fan, I'm not sure how I feel about adding 2 guys who think they're stars but aren't anymore (Rose/Wade). IT being out until January (maybe more) is concerning too as they lack shooters with Rose/Wade (and defense, though IT sucks at that).

Plus, it doesn't matter. You can win the ECF, but no team is ready to take down the Warriors sans injuries.


Crap, I forgot they have Rose too! Wow, that is going to be interesting
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 19436

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


Wade's a corpse. We get it. You don't want him.


Wade's just an addition.

LeBron has Isaiah Thomas and Kevin Love, he has Wade in addition to all that.

He also has Derrick Rose, Jr Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.

There's no room for excuses this season or "I don't have enough." that's all I'm essentially saying. That means from ESPN to otherwise.

This ain't the year for "He doesn't have enough." excuses and as much as I hate the Cavs, they've put essentially everything around him and then some. Having Thomas and Love along with Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Crowder off the bench was enough as it was, but they got his best buddy Wade there too.

Also the "corpse" of Dwyane Wade was still an 18 ppg scorer last season... so yeah. That's a pretty lively one.


Cavs have been very good to LeBron. He'll no doubt try to paint them as some disorganized, dysfunctional franchise on his way out the door, but they've surrounded him with some supreme talent these past 4 years. You have guys in the league that will go their whole careers playing with no one, and here he gets to team up with stars like Kyrie, Love and IT, with some really good role players.

There's always going to be an excuse for when this man doesn't win. Blame the team's lack of talent is usually the go to. I see some are already starting on that early.
_________________
A banana is killed every time a terrible thread or post is made. Save the bananas. Stop creating terrible posts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 19127

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Are we back to bagging on LBJ now that the 2 superstar plan appears to be revised?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15300

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania 17m17 minutes ago
More
Sources: NBA has informed teams of projected salary cap in next two offseasons: $101M for 2018-19, $108M for 2019-20, subject to change.

_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 18623
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


Wade's a corpse. We get it. You don't want him.


Wade's just an addition.

LeBron has Isaiah Thomas and Kevin Love, he has Wade in addition to all that.

He also has Derrick Rose, Jr Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.

There's no room for excuses this season or "I don't have enough." that's all I'm essentially saying. That means from ESPN to otherwise.

This ain't the year for "He doesn't have enough." excuses and as much as I hate the Cavs, they've put essentially everything around him and then some. Having Thomas and Love along with Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Crowder off the bench was enough as it was, but they got his best buddy Wade there too.

Also the "corpse" of Dwyane Wade was still an 18 ppg scorer last season... so yeah. That's a pretty lively one.


Cavs have been very good to LeBron. He'll no doubt try to paint them as some disorganized, dysfunctional franchise on his way out the door, but they've surrounded him with some supreme talent these past 4 years. You have guys in the league that will go their whole careers playing with no one, and here he gets to team up with stars like Kyrie, Love and IT, with some really good role players.

There's always going to be an excuse for when this man doesn't win. Blame the team's lack of talent is usually the go to. I see some are already starting on that early.


Do we have a suicide watch ready for USCandLakers when Lebron comes over here?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2887

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


? None of those guys are all that great.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.


It doesn't tell you (bleep).

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Cavs are stacked, again. Yet another super team for LeBron.


So if I'm clear your saying that you would trade anyone on our roster, including BI & Ball, for Love or IT, but Magic & the FO wouldn't because in their eyes BI & Ball are untouchable?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 19127

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Nahh, I think he is saying that their potential is what makes them untradeable in his eyes and I think that's fair.

The reason I posed that question is because of comments like "Lebrons team is stacked". I just don't agree with that. They are good but stacked? So to see how valuable people really believe those pieces are, lets put it to a test.

Who is the best player we would trade for any Cavs player not named Lebron?

Would we trade Julius, potential factored in, for any of them? I wouldn't. Not a one.

But GSW. Would.you trade JR for any player not named Durant? I would for Curry, Klay, or Dray.

So there you go, even if we.disagree on whether they are stacked or not, I think that test shows they just aren't stacked aa it might seem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 15720

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania 17m17 minutes ago
More
Sources: NBA has informed teams of projected salary cap in next two offseasons: $101M for 2018-19, $108M for 2019-20, subject to change.


Yep. 1 super star. LeBron ain't that bad.
_________________
2018: Lonzo . PG12 . BI . Kuzma . Dedmon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83737

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Are we back to bagging on LBJ now that the 2 superstar plan appears to be revised?


Bc the cap estimate dropped by 1m?
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 30752
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania 17m17 minutes ago
More
Sources: NBA has informed teams of projected salary cap in next two offseasons: $101M for 2018-19, $108M for 2019-20, subject to change.


Yep. 1 super star. LeBron ain't that bad.


I know you're joking, but it also means his max dips to slightly over $35m. Same with George at $30m. The amount of salary we would need to clear after stretching Deng, and not picking up Randle and Bryant does raise to $4.9m, by my math, which doesn't mean a lot if they're shooting for a clean dump of JC.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5472

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


? None of those guys are all that great.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.


It doesn't tell you (bleep).

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Cavs are stacked, again. Yet another super team for LeBron.


So if I'm clear your saying that you would trade anyone on our roster, including BI & Ball, for Love or IT, but Magic & the FO wouldn't because in their eyes BI & Ball are untouchable?


Read again.
_________________
ExKUZme, we are all BALLievers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 17027
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.


There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.


? None of those guys are all that great.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.


It doesn't tell you (bleep).

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Cavs are stacked, again. Yet another super team for LeBron.


So if I'm clear your saying that you would trade anyone on our roster, including BI & Ball, for Love or IT, but Magic & the FO wouldn't because in their eyes BI & Ball are untouchable?


Read again.


Why? He pretty much nailed what you wrote. Unless words are lost in your translation from your pen to pad. There is some misdirection in your comment too. For example, why bring up PG who is not on the Cavs? I thought the topic was Cavs players. But besides Lebron, any other Cavs player wouldn't make a strong case for you, which defeats your stance.

"Magic wouldn't trade those two for Kevin Love. Does that mean they are better than Love now? Nope, not even close."

Not so sexy as inserting PG into the argument, right?
_________________
"They are in the West! You must go D'Angelo Russell here, or my head will explode!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
Page 128 of 151
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB