The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1289, 1290, 1291 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
LeBron needs to work on his rebounding, too. In a league where midget point-guards casually grab 18 boards every other day, I expect a whole lot more than 6.8 rebounds per game from "the King". And get your FT% over 75% please, this is embarrassing.

Why does he need to work on his rebounding? He is above his career mark on the boards on a per 36 basis. He’s just playing a career low in mins.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

If he really wants to be considered for MVP, he needs to do more for the team than assist-padding by throwing lobs to AD. That's all I'm saying.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
If he really wants to be considered for MVP, he needs to do more for the team than assist-padding by throwing lobs to AD. That's all I'm saying.

If you want to really be considered an MVP level troll then you're going to need to do more than whine about rebounding and stat padding from AD and Lebron when the team is 21-3. That's all I'm saying.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

If you want to really be considered an MVP level troll then you're going to need to do more than whine about rebounding and stat padding from AD and Lebron when the team is 21-3. That's all I'm saying.

Dude’s had some really good posts so far. Calling him a troll is weak
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:

Ring >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MVP
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Ring >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MVP

Ain’t that the truth
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:

Don’t think he cares about winning MVP. I think he wants that ring.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Next criticism will be LeBron needs to wear different shoes because his current shoes blind his teammates and have lowered their shooting percentages.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Next criticism will be LeBron needs to wear different shoes because his current shoes blind his teammates and have lowered their shooting percentages.

Oh and he must do more and 1’s. Got to. Has to!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Thank you RG...We have some real winners on this site.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

Who are these midget point guards grabbing 18 boards???????
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:

Join date Dec. 1, 2019. Who were you in your previous life?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Sarcasm that I probably missed haha.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Don’t think he cares about winning MVP. I think he wants that ring.

nuff said!

The KING wants another RING.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Is that all LBJ is doing? Just throwing lobs to AD? I mean you like to call out people for "weak" stuff, how is that not scrutinized?
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

LBJ is having a great season for his age, and if he is content with being the Robin to AD's Batman from now on that's fine with me. But a player of his caliber will always be measured against the best in the league, and it's hard to argue for LeBron over Doncic as MVP as long as assists are the only metric where he holds a slight advantage while giving up 5 points and 3 boards per game to him. At this point LeBron is not even the best player on his team, let alone in the league. All I'm saying is that if he wants to be considered as the best player in the world, and that is my understanding of his self-perception, he needs to push himself a little more, i.e. catching some boards, sinking some FTs, reducing the TOs.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
LBJ is having a great season for his age, and if he is content with being the Robin to AD's Batman from now on that's fine with me. But a player of his caliber will always be measured against the best in the league, and it's hard to argue for LeBron over Doncic as MVP as long as assists are the only metric where he holds a slight advantage while giving up 5 points and 3 boards per game to him. At this point LeBron is not even the best player on his team, let alone in the league. All I'm saying is that if he wants to be considered as the best player in the world, and that is my understanding of his self-perception, he needs to push himself a little more, i.e. catching some boards, sinking some FTs, reducing the TOs.

What are the thresholds required for best in world consideration?
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:

For starters, it helps if you can make a strong argument for being the best player on your team.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

Man what has happened to this site? Been reading here since 2002 and I've never seen so many blatant trolls before. It's disheartening to see "Laker fans" have ridiculous takes that hold no legitimacy. We're 21-3
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

IF LBJ and AD keep this up, they will be the closest thing to Kobe and Shaq I've ever seen.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:

For starters, it helps if you can make a strong argument for being the best player on your team.

You said he needs to catch more boards, sink some FTs, and reduce TOs.

To what numbers? Because if you cannot supply thresholds, then you’ll just say that no matter what the numbers are.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:

To what numbers? Because if you cannot supply thresholds, then you’ll just say that no matter what the numbers are.

That Doncic-boy plays the same position and is doing quite well, so as I said earlier, that would perhaps be an adequate measuring stick for LeBron. But you have to consider that Doncic is just a sophomore and not as big as LeBron, so ideally he should do a tad better.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Assist is more valued than rebounds because rebounds does not really guaranteed points like assists. I know Lebron scoring is down to 26ppg. But he is also averaging 2.5 more assists this year which producing an extra of 5-7.5 points average.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Comparing a younger 20 year old Doncic to 35 year old Lebron

LeBron doesn't need to be the guy that leads his team in every statistical category anymore. That's the benefit of having AD on the team. Geeez.

Basketball knowledge is scarce these days.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:

That Doncic-boy plays the same position and is doing quite well, so as I said earlier, that would perhaps be an adequate measuring stick for LeBron. But you have to consider that Doncic is just a sophomore and not as big as LeBron, so ideally he should do a tad better.

Huh? You want him to increase his turnovers by a full turnover just to match Doncic?

That seems like a dumb idea. And poorly thought out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1289, 1290, 1291 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1290 of 2086
Jump to: