The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1290, 1291, 1292 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Comparing a younger 20 year old Doncic to 35 year old Lebron

LeBron doesn't need to be the guy that leads his team in every statistical category anymore. That's the benefit of having AD on the team. Geeez.

Basketball knowledge is scarce these days.

This version of Lebron is exactly what the Lakers need. AD can score in his sleep, so Lebron is better off orchestrating the offense, getting high assist totals and hitting dagger 3s when it’s there.

Coming into the season I was hoping for more of a assist heavy Lebron and he’s exceeding that, leading the league in assists.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Carushow wrote:
If he really wants to be considered for MVP, he needs to do more for the team than assist-padding by throwing lobs to AD. That's all I'm saying.

If you want to really be considered an MVP level troll then you're going to need to do more than whine about rebounding and stat padding from AD and Lebron when the team is 21-3. That's all I'm saying.

Dude’s had some really good posts so far. Calling him a troll is weak

Is that all LBJ is doing? Just throwing lobs to AD? I mean you like to call out people for "weak" stuff, how is that not scrutinized?

Scrutinize to your heart’s content. That’s the point of these forums.
Thought we were all warned to stop calling each other trolls and the like 🤷‍♂️

Argue the post, not the poster right?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

Kobe vs LBJ dumpster fire is in the other thread folks.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Did anyone bring up Kobe’s name? Besides you, of course
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

I like what LBJ is doing this season. He is definitely the brain of our team. Only thing I think that can slow him down is health. Knock on wood.
Despite Brow's Defensive player of the league level performance. I wouldn't say he's been better than LBJ.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:
LBJ is having a great season for his age, and if he is content with being the Robin to AD's Batman from now on that's fine with me. But a player of his caliber will always be measured against the best in the league, and it's hard to argue for LeBron over Doncic as MVP as long as assists are the only metric where he holds a slight advantage while giving up 5 points and 3 boards per game to him. At this point LeBron is not even the best player on his team, let alone in the league. All I'm saying is that if he wants to be considered as the best player in the world, and that is my understanding of his self-perception, he needs to push himself a little more, i.e. catching some boards, sinking some FTs, reducing the TOs.

What are the thresholds required for best in world consideration?

For starters, it helps if you can make a strong argument for being the best player on your team.

You said he needs to catch more boards, sink some FTs, and reduce TOs.

To what numbers? Because if you cannot supply thresholds, then you’ll just say that no matter what the numbers are.

That Doncic-boy plays the same position and is doing quite well, so as I said earlier, that would perhaps be an adequate measuring stick for LeBron. But you have to consider that Doncic is just a sophomore and not as big as LeBron, so ideally he should do a tad better.

Tell your Doncic boy to play some D....He needs to be introduced to that side of the floor.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:
LBJ is having a great season for his age, and if he is content with being the Robin to AD's Batman from now on that's fine with me. But a player of his caliber will always be measured against the best in the league, and it's hard to argue for LeBron over Doncic as MVP as long as assists are the only metric where he holds a slight advantage while giving up 5 points and 3 boards per game to him. At this point LeBron is not even the best player on his team, let alone in the league. All I'm saying is that if he wants to be considered as the best player in the world, and that is my understanding of his self-perception, he needs to push himself a little more, i.e. catching some boards, sinking some FTs, reducing the TOs.

What are the thresholds required for best in world consideration?

For starters, it helps if you can make a strong argument for being the best player on your team.

You said he needs to catch more boards, sink some FTs, and reduce TOs.

To what numbers? Because if you cannot supply thresholds, then you’ll just say that no matter what the numbers are.

That Doncic-boy plays the same position and is doing quite well, so as I said earlier, that would perhaps be an adequate measuring stick for LeBron. But you have to consider that Doncic is just a sophomore and not as big as LeBron, so ideally he should do a tad better.

Tell your Doncic boy to play some D....He needs to be introduced to that side of the floor.

Yeah, he’ll never be the defender LeBron has been.
Just not gifted the same physically
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

LeBron doesn't need to be the guy that leads his team in every statistical category anymore. That's the benefit of having AD on the team. Geeez.

This version of Lebron is exactly what the Lakers need. AD can score in his sleep, so Lebron is better off orchestrating the offense, getting high assist totals and hitting dagger 3s when it’s there.

Coming into the season I was hoping for more of a assist heavy Lebron and he’s exceeding that, leading the league in assists.

Agree. This is the winning formula
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

This is the way.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
AD23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

This is the way.

Hard to argue with the record
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That thread exists for such posts. Let’s keep them in there shall we? All I’m saying.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Bol wrote:
AD23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

This is the way.

Hard to argue with the record

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That thread exists for such posts. Let’s keep them in there shall we? All I’m saying.

This is not The LeBron James Appreciation Thread.
It is merely the LeBron James Thread. He should not be immune to criticism.
That’s ridiculous. He’s not deserving of much so far this season, that’s for sure. I’ll give you that.

But where did this idea come from that if someone wants to voice an objection to something in his game then they have to go do it in the Kobe vs LeBron Thread??

Just make a LeBron piss and moan thread if that’s how it is in here.
I’ve seen posters griping about how many turn around jumpers AD has been taking in the AD Thread. Should they be told to go post that thought someplace else???

Didn’t think so.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Lol so sad some of you still trying to find a way to nitpick. The fact is Lebron playing at an MVP level and we have the best record in the league. Some of these posts man smh...it’s like we have a 5 game losing streak or something.

We’re currently winning and Lebron is a big reason no matter how much you haters try to downplay it. IF we win the chip...Lebron signing here would have been the catalyst that started it all.

Anti Lebron agendas:

1) We play poorly...let’s see how we can put the blame on Lebron
2) we play well...let’s see how we can diminish Lebrons contributions

We were at number 1 last year. Now we’re at number 2 this year.

Now i totally get this viewpoint from non-laker fans. It’s only natural. But we see this mentality here smh. It shouldn’t be like this for ANYONE wearing the purple and gold...especially not an all-time great playing so well in his 17TH season. Cmon...he’s OUR guy now...it’s obvious he wants to win here and we should all pray he does.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Lol so sad some of you still trying to find a way to nitpick. The fact is Lebron playing at an MVP level and we have the best record in the league. Some of these posts man smh...it’s like we have a 5 game losing streak or something.

We’re currently winning and Lebron is a big reason no matter how much you haters try to downplay it. IF we win the chip...Lebron signing here would have been the catalyst that started it all.

Anti Lebron agendas:

1) We play poorly...let’s see how we can put the blame on Lebron
2) we play well...let’s see how we can diminish Lebrons contributions

We were at number 1 last year. Now we’re at number 2 this year.

Now i totally get this viewpoint from non-laker fans. It’s only natural. But we see this mentality here smh. It shouldn’t be like this for ANYONE wearing the purple and gold...especially not an all-time great playing so well in his 17TH season. Cmon...he’s OUR guy now...it’s obvious he wants to win here and we should all pray he does.

He’s playing great
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Averaging 6.8 rebounds is fine on this team, if people want to argue the number is too low without context they really don't know what they're talking about. I was annoyed Lebron had as many as he did considering he took one away from Dwight last game when no one was around him (let the big man get his rebound on his birthday).

Not interested in stat padding. If you want to watch stat padding Westbrook has always been the champ. Interested in wins and championships.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Averaging 6.8 rebounds is fine on this team, if people want to argue the number is too low without context they really don't know what they're talking about. I was annoyed Lebron had as many as he did considering he took one away from Dwight last game when no one was around him (let the big man get his rebound on his birthday).

Not interested in stat padding. If you want to watch stat padding Westbrook has always been the champ. Interested in wins and championships.

So far so good in the wins department
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Stat padding to me is Devin Booker going for 70 in a game where his team is blown out.

Or Westbrook telling teammates to give him rebounds to keep his triple double alive.

It's not a natural flow within the game. LBJ isn't doing that IMO.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
AD23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

This is the way.

This is the way.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Stat padding to me is Devin Booker going for 70 in a game where his team is blown out.

Or Westbrook telling teammates to give him rebounds to keep his triple double alive.

It's not a natural flow within the game. LBJ isn't doing that IMO.

Or David ‘Admirable-not’ Robinson spoon fed for 70+ pts against the lowly Clippers to steal scoring title from Big Aristotle
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

It’s not too low. Consider the source
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Aren’t we leading the league in rebound? So what’s the problem
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

No. We are 14th at the moment, 6th in rebound percentage. But that's more to do with us not really focusing and boxing out against lesser opponents. Outrebounded our opponent by over 20 a few games ago so we're good.

Milwaukee is of course top in rebounds, 76ers in rebound percentage
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Haha Lebron is fine on the rebounding end.

We could probably use some adjustments on the team end but nothing worth losing sleep over.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

"I am a Laker. I am definitely a Laker. I feel it. I'm happy as hell to be one."
https://streamable.com/kt62q

I'm 100% behind LeBron and this squad.

LET'S GO LAKERS
#17 INCOMING
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1290, 1291, 1292 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1291 of 2086
Jump to: