Official LEBRON JAMES Thread (LeBron Lakers Scrimmage - p.799)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 799, 800, 801  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 8570

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

Rival Executives believe LeBron James is leaving and that the Cavs should put him on the Trading Block

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744177-im-still-in-win-mode-why-lebron-is-unstoppable-but-the-cavs-are-in-trouble

Quote:
James will be a free agent next summer and is noncommittal about his future. Team executives across the league believe he's leaving—though there's a palpable gap between belief and actual knowledge.

It leaves the Cavaliers franchise in a profound pickle: Do everything possible to win a championship now, trading draft picks for immediate help? Or retain all assets and plan for a post-LeBron future?

What if the struggles continue? What if Thomas' comeback sputters? Would the Cavaliers give up on what might be James' final season in Cleveland? Or would the Nets pick suddenly be in play?

"I think the pressure gets pretty high," said a rival team executive. "If it's not working, they should either move the [Nets] pick or Love or LeBron. Those should all be on the table."

_________________


Quote:
“One at a time they’re good, two at a time they’re great, 3 of them together they unbeata-BALL."

- LaVar on why Lakers should draft all 3 Ball Brothers (6/12/18)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 5772

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Rival Executives believe LeBron James is leaving and that the Cavs should put him on the Trading Block

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744177-im-still-in-win-mode-why-lebron-is-unstoppable-but-the-cavs-are-in-trouble

Quote:
James will be a free agent next summer and is noncommittal about his future. Team executives across the league believe he's leaving—though there's a palpable gap between belief and actual knowledge.

It leaves the Cavaliers franchise in a profound pickle: Do everything possible to win a championship now, trading draft picks for immediate help? Or retain all assets and plan for a post-LeBron future?

What if the struggles continue? What if Thomas' comeback sputters? Would the Cavaliers give up on what might be James' final season in Cleveland? Or would the Nets pick suddenly be in play?

"I think the pressure gets pretty high," said a rival team executive. "If it's not working, they should either move the [Nets] pick or Love or LeBron. Those should all be on the table."
.

No trade clause... he's not waving that to get traded. Getting traded isn't exactly the most flattering experience and guys of LeBron's caliber (Kobe, MJ, Magic, Bird) don't get traded.

Plus, if he does want to say come to the Lakers, trading Ingram for him takes away a huge piece that he can play with or Magic can trade for more help.

LeBron is going to stay mum on the subject and leave in July.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 2625

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Rival Executives believe LeBron James is leaving and that the Cavs should put him on the Trading Block

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744177-im-still-in-win-mode-why-lebron-is-unstoppable-but-the-cavs-are-in-trouble

Quote:
James will be a free agent next summer and is noncommittal about his future. Team executives across the league believe he's leaving—though there's a palpable gap between belief and actual knowledge.

It leaves the Cavaliers franchise in a profound pickle: Do everything possible to win a championship now, trading draft picks for immediate help? Or retain all assets and plan for a post-LeBron future?

What if the struggles continue? What if Thomas' comeback sputters? Would the Cavaliers give up on what might be James' final season in Cleveland? Or would the Nets pick suddenly be in play?

"I think the pressure gets pretty high," said a rival team executive. "If it's not working, they should either move the [Nets] pick or Love or LeBron. Those should all be on the table."


Why would they trade anyone at this point. They dont know how good the Cavs are with IT and it will take a few months after that to know, which should be past the trade deadline
_________________
-------LUCKY-------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Rival Executives believe LeBron James is leaving and that the Cavs should put him on the Trading Block

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744177-im-still-in-win-mode-why-lebron-is-unstoppable-but-the-cavs-are-in-trouble

Quote:
James will be a free agent next summer and is noncommittal about his future. Team executives across the league believe he's leaving—though there's a palpable gap between belief and actual knowledge.

It leaves the Cavaliers franchise in a profound pickle: Do everything possible to win a championship now, trading draft picks for immediate help? Or retain all assets and plan for a post-LeBron future?

What if the struggles continue? What if Thomas' comeback sputters? Would the Cavaliers give up on what might be James' final season in Cleveland? Or would the Nets pick suddenly be in play?

"I think the pressure gets pretty high," said a rival team executive. "If it's not working, they should either move the [Nets] pick or Love or LeBron. Those should all be on the table."
.

No trade clause... he's not waving that to get traded. Getting traded isn't exactly the most flattering experience and guys of LeBron's caliber (Kobe, MJ, Magic, Bird) don't get traded.

Plus, if he does want to say come to the Lakers, trading Ingram for him takes away a huge piece that he can play with or Magic can trade for more help.

LeBron is going to stay mum on the subject and leave in July.


He can orchestrate trading for future 1st rd pick(s) + a salary dump for the team he's going to (Cavs then can buy out the salary dump)... win win
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 3891

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

Solution

Send the Cavs cash and future picks for taking Deng and we are left with

Ball
Pope
PG13
Bron
Cousins

And Kuz, Hart off the bench.

This would require all 3 of the main guys to tell their respective teams they are leaving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 3891

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Solution

Send the Cavs cash and future picks for taking Deng and we are left with

Ball
Pope
PG13
Bron
Cousins

And Kuz, Hart off the bench.

This would require all 3 of the main guys to tell their respective teams they are leaving.


Sorry. Link not working. Essentially it is shown below.

Cleveland gets Brewer, Deng and Brandon Ingram for Bron.
OKC gets Randle and Clarkson for Paul George.
New Orleans gets Brook Lopez and Larry Nance for Cousins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Solution

Send the Cavs cash and future picks for taking Deng and we are left with

Ball
Pope
PG13
Bron
Cousins

And Kuz, Hart off the bench.

This would require all 3 of the main guys to tell their respective teams they are leaving.


Sorry. Link not working. Essentially it is shown below.

Cleveland gets Brewer, Deng and Brandon Ingram for Bron.
OKC gets Randle and Clarkson for Paul George.
New Orleans gets Brook Lopez and Larry Nance for Cousins.


Dayum!

So we trade Ingram/Randle/Clarkson/Nance/Lopez/Deng and get back LeBron/George/Cousins? I want whatever it is you're having.

Btw New Orleans get the worst of the 3. They would definitely ask for Ball/Kuz not Larry Nance Jr.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 3891

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

This is not a “trade” under normal terms. This is IF the big 3 clearly state they are leaving.

New Orleans can ask for whatever they like. The reality is that all 3 teams are looking like they will lose a star this summer and get absolutely nothing in return.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 2625

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
This is not a “trade” under normal terms. This is IF the big 3 clearly state they are leaving.

New Orleans can ask for whatever they like. The reality is that all 3 teams are looking like they will lose a star this summer and get absolutely nothing in return.


Your trade is essentially, we give you garbage you give us your best player.
_________________
-------LUCKY-------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Solution

Send the Cavs cash and future picks for taking Deng and we are left with

Ball
Pope
PG13
Bron
Cousins

And Kuz, Hart off the bench.

This would require all 3 of the main guys to tell their respective teams they are leaving.


Sorry. Link not working. Essentially it is shown below.

Cleveland gets Brewer, Deng and Brandon Ingram for Bron.
OKC gets Randle and Clarkson for Paul George.
New Orleans gets Brook Lopez and Larry Nance for Cousins.


Dayum!

So we trade Ingram/Randle/Clarkson/Nance/Lopez/Deng and get back LeBron/George/Cousins? I want whatever it is you're having.

Btw New Orleans get the worst of the 3. They would definitely ask for Ball/Kuz not Larry Nance Jr.


It's actually a possibility since all 3 stars are on expiring contract, they just gotta tell their current team that they not coming back ala Indy PG13. Then we have same dilemma as OKC, if not working, we lose everything next summer, taht's the risk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 3891

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

Well at least you get the idea, Governator.

This is obviously not a trade we would initiate. It would start with the players themselves. If they don’t even want to come to LA then the point is moot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
James is a top 2 player right now.

I would expect him to be a top 10 player for the next 3-4 years. What are the chances that Deng/KCP/Brook/JC or Jules ever reach that (which is the opportunity cost for LBJ).


I have LeBron ranked #3 right now just behind Harden (age 29) and Giannis (age 22).

But LeBron at age 33 still being a top 2-3 player in this league is really astonishing, nothing quite like him. Could definitely envision him playing 5 more good years still being in the top 5-10 tier.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 4039

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
James is a top 2 player right now.

I would expect him to be a top 10 player for the next 3-4 years. What are the chances that Deng/KCP/Brook/JC or Jules ever reach that (which is the opportunity cost for LBJ).


I have LeBron ranked #3 right now just behind Harden (age 29) and Giannis (age 22).

But LeBron at age 33 still being a top 2-3 player in this league is really astonishing, nothing quite like him. Could definitely envision him playing 5 more good years still being in the top 5-10 tier.


Do not share the optimism that James has that many years as a "top" player. Only time will tell if he can defy aging. And how dramatic the eventual drop off actually is.

I do find it a bit of a contradiction that the use of analytics and statistics being a key component to many of the discussions around here that it gets dismissed on this James longevity issue.

For him to meet your expectations he would be setting historic levels of career mins played. And would be going against every trend of declining performance/statistics for every player he passes on the list. Most were a shell of themselves by the end, not playing at a top 10 level.

Look at the comparisons. Jabbar, Malone, Garnett, Kobe, Chamberlain, Nowitzki. Did any end their careers as a top 10 player? Or as a role player providing reduced mins and a few "moments".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
James is a top 2 player right now.

I would expect him to be a top 10 player for the next 3-4 years. What are the chances that Deng/KCP/Brook/JC or Jules ever reach that (which is the opportunity cost for LBJ).


I have LeBron ranked #3 right now just behind Harden (age 29) and Giannis (age 22).

But LeBron at age 33 still being a top 2-3 player in this league is really astonishing, nothing quite like him. Could definitely envision him playing 5 more good years still being in the top 5-10 tier.


Do not share the optimism that James has that many years as a "top" player. Only time will tell if he can defy aging. And how dramatic the eventual drop off actually is.

I do find it a bit of a contradiction that the use of analytics and statistics being a key component to many of the discussions around here that it gets dismissed on this James longevity issue.

For him to meet your expectations he would be setting historic levels of career mins played. And would be going against every trend of declining performance/statistics for every player he passes on the list. Most were a shell of themselves by the end, not playing at a top 10 level.

Look at the comparisons. Jabbar, Malone, Garnett, Kobe, Chamberlain, Nowitzki. Did any end their careers as a top 10 player? Or as a role player providing reduced mins and a few "moments".

If you're going to use comps then use similar comps in terms of longevity and rate of production, not just throwing out past star names.

The comps that could be compared to LeBron in terms of longevity and rate of production in that list are probably Jabbar and Malone. Both have had minimal injury issues throughout their careers and played close to a full 75+ games per season every year before they were 33 which is Lebron's current age. These type of stars have had better playing careers in their mid-late 30s and was able to play past their 40s.

So LeBron in 5 years (end of his next deal) will be 38:

Malone at age 38 still avg 22/9 while playing 38 mpg. Jabbar at age 38 still put up 23/6 on 33 mpg. Both were still All-star players those years.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92955
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

I've been saying for about 3 years that LBJ was going to slow down.

I've stopped saying that.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127672
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Rival Executives believe LeBron James is leaving and that the Cavs should put him on the Trading Block

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744177-im-still-in-win-mode-why-lebron-is-unstoppable-but-the-cavs-are-in-trouble

Quote:
James will be a free agent next summer and is noncommittal about his future. Team executives across the league believe he's leaving—though there's a palpable gap between belief and actual knowledge.

It leaves the Cavaliers franchise in a profound pickle: Do everything possible to win a championship now, trading draft picks for immediate help? Or retain all assets and plan for a post-LeBron future?

What if the struggles continue? What if Thomas' comeback sputters? Would the Cavaliers give up on what might be James' final season in Cleveland? Or would the Nets pick suddenly be in play?

"I think the pressure gets pretty high," said a rival team executive. "If it's not working, they should either move the [Nets] pick or Love or LeBron. Those should all be on the table."


Hell yes, trade Lebron to my team - rival executive
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127672
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
This is not a “trade” under normal terms. This is IF the big 3 clearly state they are leaving.

New Orleans can ask for whatever they like. The reality is that all 3 teams are looking like they will lose a star this summer and get absolutely nothing in return.


All 3 teams would rather have the cap/tax relief than taking our garbage.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 4039

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
James is a top 2 player right now.

I would expect him to be a top 10 player for the next 3-4 years. What are the chances that Deng/KCP/Brook/JC or Jules ever reach that (which is the opportunity cost for LBJ).


I have LeBron ranked #3 right now just behind Harden (age 29) and Giannis (age 22).

But LeBron at age 33 still being a top 2-3 player in this league is really astonishing, nothing quite like him. Could definitely envision him playing 5 more good years still being in the top 5-10 tier.


Do not share the optimism that James has that many years as a "top" player. Only time will tell if he can defy aging. And how dramatic the eventual drop off actually is.

I do find it a bit of a contradiction that the use of analytics and statistics being a key component to many of the discussions around here that it gets dismissed on this James longevity issue.

For him to meet your expectations he would be setting historic levels of career mins played. And would be going against every trend of declining performance/statistics for every player he passes on the list. Most were a shell of themselves by the end, not playing at a top 10 level.

Look at the comparisons. Jabbar, Malone, Garnett, Kobe, Chamberlain, Nowitzki. Did any end their careers as a top 10 player? Or as a role player providing reduced mins and a few "moments".

If you're going to use comps then use similar comps in terms of longevity and rate of production, not just throwing out past star names.

The comps that could be compared to LeBron in terms of longevity and rate of production in that list are probably Jabbar and Malone. Both have had minimal injury issues throughout their careers and played close to a full 75+ games per season every year before they were 33 which is Lebron's current age. These type of stars have had better playing careers in their mid-late 30s and was able to play past their 40s.

So LeBron in 5 years (end of his next deal) will be 38:

Malone at age 38 still avg 22/9 while playing 38 mpg. Jabbar at age 38 still put up 23/6 on 33 mpg. Both were still All-star players those years.


I'm using career mins not birthdays for my comparisons.

James entered the NBA 3+years ahead of those players. With the repeated deep playoff runs and his teams relying his top 10 career mpg averages he has a lot of wear and tear on his body.

We will disagree on this one. Perhaps James will be the exception to the rule. Perhaps he will find the longevity of body and motivation to continue to play at such a high level. I am skeptical.

At the current rate he passes Kareem for all time honors approximately halfway through his third season in LA under the proposed plan. Still a top 10 player? As his max contract likely hovers in that $42M range?

This will respectfully go under the category of he will need to prove it for me to believe it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
James is a top 2 player right now.

I would expect him to be a top 10 player for the next 3-4 years. What are the chances that Deng/KCP/Brook/JC or Jules ever reach that (which is the opportunity cost for LBJ).


I have LeBron ranked #3 right now just behind Harden (age 29) and Giannis (age 22).

But LeBron at age 33 still being a top 2-3 player in this league is really astonishing, nothing quite like him. Could definitely envision him playing 5 more good years still being in the top 5-10 tier.


Do not share the optimism that James has that many years as a "top" player. Only time will tell if he can defy aging. And how dramatic the eventual drop off actually is.

I do find it a bit of a contradiction that the use of analytics and statistics being a key component to many of the discussions around here that it gets dismissed on this James longevity issue.

For him to meet your expectations he would be setting historic levels of career mins played. And would be going against every trend of declining performance/statistics for every player he passes on the list. Most were a shell of themselves by the end, not playing at a top 10 level.

Look at the comparisons. Jabbar, Malone, Garnett, Kobe, Chamberlain, Nowitzki. Did any end their careers as a top 10 player? Or as a role player providing reduced mins and a few "moments".

If you're going to use comps then use similar comps in terms of longevity and rate of production, not just throwing out past star names.

The comps that could be compared to LeBron in terms of longevity and rate of production in that list are probably Jabbar and Malone. Both have had minimal injury issues throughout their careers and played close to a full 75+ games per season every year before they were 33 which is Lebron's current age. These type of stars have had better playing careers in their mid-late 30s and was able to play past their 40s.

So LeBron in 5 years (end of his next deal) will be 38:

Malone at age 38 still avg 22/9 while playing 38 mpg. Jabbar at age 38 still put up 23/6 on 33 mpg. Both were still All-star players those years.


I'm using career mins not birthdays for my comparisons.

James entered the NBA 3+years ahead of those players. With the repeated deep playoff runs and his teams relying his top 10 career mpg averages he has a lot of wear and tear on his body.

We will disagree on this one. Perhaps James will be the exception to the rule. Perhaps he will find the longevity of body and motivation to continue to play at such a high level. I am skeptical.

At the current rate he passes Kareem for all time honors approximately halfway through his third season in LA under the proposed plan. Still a top 10 player? As his max contract likely hovers in that $42M range?

This will respectfully go under the category of he will need to prove it for me to believe it.


Birthdays? Who's using birthdays?

As for the bolded ^ he already is. The fact he played 3+ years ahead of them all with a lot more minutes but is still this productive, even more productive this year than he's been in the last 2-3 years, shows that he should be able to maintain this level of play longer than most and not just suddenly fall off a cliff.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92955
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

Don't you think one of the reasons he may want to play with a younger and more energetic core is so that he doesn't have to play nearly 40mpg and carry the entire offense like he's doing right now on the Cavs?
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Don't you think one of the reasons he may want to play with a younger and more energetic core is so that he doesn't have to play nearly 40mpg and carry the entire offense like he's doing right now on the Cavs?


Playing with DWade sure gets old
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 19922
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

If Path to Ownership is what's most important to Lebron, I can see him giving up some money to put him on the team that offers the greatest track towards that end. Like MJ, I'm sure he wants to be a part owner that can one day buy the team when that owner is ready to sell (or dies). So what teams fit this profile?

The Lakers? Do you see the Busses one day selling the team? Or even agreeing to sell the team? I'd imagine they'd have to get something north of 4 billion to sell. How would Lebron ever make that much money? And doesn't Phil Anschutz, who is already a billionaire, have right of first refusal? And how does Lebron bypass Magic on the Order of Succession here?

The Knicks? While I can see Dolan selling a minority stake just to bring Lebron there and restore some luster to a badly decayed franchise, again, it's hard to envision Lebron ever having the money to buy the Knicks. Even MJ only recently crossed the 1 billion dollar barrier. Lebron is going to make 4 times over that in the next couple decades? Doubtful. If he's going to be an owner, it has to be a small market team.

What small market team out there would be desperate enough to offer this? Whose valuation would be low enough that Lebron could afford it. The answer is CLEVELAND. Not only is Lebron's presence the difference between the Cavs making money and losing money, he effects the local economy. By pushing the Cavs so deeply into the luxury tax (even without Lebron's salary) Dan Gilbert can't afford to lose Lebron. The valuation of his team would plummet and turn into a money pit overnight. What if all these win-now moves, overpays of role players (some of them Klutch sports clients), the way-too-obvious interest in the Lakers, are all a leverage play by Lebron to set himself up as the next owner of the Cavs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
If Path to Ownership is what's most important to Lebron, I can see him giving up some money to put him on the team that offers the greatest track towards that end. Like MJ, I'm sure he wants to be a part owner that can one day buy the team when that owner is ready to sell (or dies). So what teams fit this profile?

The Lakers? Do you see the Busses one day selling the team? Or even agreeing to sell the team? I'd imagine they'd have to get something north of 4 billion to sell. How would Lebron ever make that much money? And doesn't Phil Anschutz, who is already a billionaire, have right of first refusal? And how does Lebron bypass Magic on the Order of Succession here?

The Knicks? While I can see Dolan selling a minority stake just to bring Lebron there and restore some luster to a badly decayed franchise, again, it's hard to envision Lebron ever having the money to buy the Knicks. Even MJ only recently crossed the 1 billion dollar barrier. Lebron is going to make 4 times over that in the next couple decades? Doubtful. If he's going to be an owner, it has to be a small market team.

What small market team out there would be desperate enough to offer this? Whose valuation would be low enough that Lebron could afford it. The answer is CLEVELAND. Not only is Lebron's presence the difference between the Cavs making money and losing money, he effects the local economy. By pushing the Cavs so deeply into the luxury tax (even without Lebron's salary) Dan Gilbert can't afford to lose Lebron. The valuation of his team would plummet and turn into a money pit overnight. What if all these win-now moves, overpays of role players (some of them Klutch sports clients), the way-too-obvious interest in the Lakers, are all a leverage play by Lebron to set himself up as the next owner of the Cavs?


LeBron doesn't seem to want to be in the same room as Dan Gilbert though.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 8570

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I've been saying for about 3 years that LBJ was going to slow down.

I've stopped saying that.


Same thing I've said in the past but not anymore. Seems that LeBron is aging gracefully.

Check these numbers out - since LeBron is only 14 games in this season, here are the stats of his first 14 game starts at age 25 (entering his prime), and at age 28 (the "peak" of his prime).

Quote:
LeBron Age 25:
23.5 - PTS
8.6 - AST
5.3 - REB
45.4% - FG


LeBron Age 28:
25.0 - PTS
6.5 - AST
8.9 - REB
53.7% - FG


LeBron Age 33:
28.1 - PTS
8.8 - AST
7.6 - REB
58.6% - FG


All of those stats are amazing on their own, but he's been better and even more efficient this season than even in his past "peak" years.
_________________


Quote:
“One at a time they’re good, two at a time they’re great, 3 of them together they unbeata-BALL."

- LaVar on why Lakers should draft all 3 Ball Brothers (6/12/18)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127672
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
If Path to Ownership is what's most important to Lebron, I can see him giving up some money to put him on the team that offers the greatest track towards that end. Like MJ, I'm sure he wants to be a part owner that can one day buy the team when that owner is ready to sell (or dies). So what teams fit this profile?

The Lakers? Do you see the Busses one day selling the team? Or even agreeing to sell the team? I'd imagine they'd have to get something north of 4 billion to sell. How would Lebron ever make that much money? And doesn't Phil Anschutz, who is already a billionaire, have right of first refusal? And how does Lebron bypass Magic on the Order of Succession here?

The Knicks? While I can see Dolan selling a minority stake just to bring Lebron there and restore some luster to a badly decayed franchise, again, it's hard to envision Lebron ever having the money to buy the Knicks. Even MJ only recently crossed the 1 billion dollar barrier. Lebron is going to make 4 times over that in the next couple decades? Doubtful. If he's going to be an owner, it has to be a small market team.

What small market team out there would be desperate enough to offer this? Whose valuation would be low enough that Lebron could afford it. The answer is CLEVELAND. Not only is Lebron's presence the difference between the Cavs making money and losing money, he effects the local economy. By pushing the Cavs so deeply into the luxury tax (even without Lebron's salary) Dan Gilbert can't afford to lose Lebron. The valuation of his team would plummet and turn into a money pit overnight. What if all these win-now moves, overpays of role players (some of them Klutch sports clients), the way-too-obvious interest in the Lakers, are all a leverage play by Lebron to set himself up as the next owner of the Cavs?


LeBron doesn't seem to want to be in the same room as Dan Gilbert though.


He wouldn’t have to be if he bought the team from Gilbert.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 799, 800, 801  Next
Page 148 of 801
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB