The LEBRON JAMES Thread - Give The Man His RESPECT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1492, 1493, 1494, 1495, 1496, 1497  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 6301
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:
Whether y’all accept him or continue to not accept him as a Laker, his overall legacy has been cemented. As of right now, the only players you can make an argument for being greater than LeBron are MJ and Kareem, but really it’s only, MJ.


Really, at this point, if you can't accept Lebron as a Laker, its time for you to support another team, seriously. Championship in year two...all the hate he has gotten, including in here, lots of tasty crow being eaten. The guys on the Lakers team sure love themselves some Lebron. They don't win #17 without him.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 109160

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

The pressure he had to help carry this team, especially in the wake of Kobe's death...crazy.

And he delivered.

Man is a Lakers legend for me to the very end, up there with all the greats.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 4547

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Actually, the concept of the GOAT is really flawed. If I was forced to name a GOAT, I wouldn't. What Bill Russell did, what Kareem did, what Michael did and what LeBron continues to do is really so era-specific as to be wholly incomparable. They were the game's greatest of their own eras, period. No era is greater than another, for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 1620

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Page 625 of this thread is the start of it all...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3759

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Of course I love him now mostly because he's a Laker, but I also respect that he's matured as a player and a person since his earlier years in the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 11956

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
NBAFAN24 wrote:
Whether y’all accept him or continue to not accept him as a Laker, his overall legacy has been cemented. As of right now, the only players you can make an argument for being greater than LeBron are MJ and Kareem, but really it’s only, MJ.


Really, at this point, if you can't accept Lebron as a Laker, its time for you to support another team, seriously. Championship in year two...all the hate he has gotten, including in here, lots of tasty crow being eaten. The guys on the Lakers team sure love themselves some Lebron. They don't win #17 without him.


The guy came to the Lakers in the franchise’s darkest time. When LeBron came, we were suffering through Luke Walton and The Tank Commander was still fresh on our minds. What more can anybody do? He came here when no one wanted to be here. Truth be told, considering that, he has done more for the franchise than some of the names that are hanging up on the rafters already by just accepting this challenge and winning a championship. True Laker fans who want the absolute best for the Lakers will recognize and appreciate that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
XTC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2002
Posts: 5843

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The pressure he had to help carry this team, especially in the wake of Kobe's death...crazy.

And he delivered.

Man is a Lakers legend for me to the very end, up there with all the greats.


Well said. When he’s done by being the torch-bearer for the Laker legacy has won me over, he’s a Laker legend in my book.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobetan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Sep 2020
Posts: 396

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Actually, the concept of the GOAT is really flawed. If I was forced to name a GOAT, I wouldn't. What Bill Russell did, what Kareem did, what Michael did and what LeBron continues to do is really so era-specific as to be wholly incomparable. They were the game's greatest of their own eras, period. No era is greater than another, for me.


Exactly. It's a cool topic for debate shows etc, but people should also know there isn't a right answer for this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 3453

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

Vogel on Lowe podcast

https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/1316434847209062401?s=21
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
WeAreWorthy
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 20 Aug 2020
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

Was just browsing basketballreference and man... In his 17 year - seventeenth! the man is arguably averaging better numbers than his career averages. Top half rebound for career. Career high assists and right around average for fg% - all while playing a career low in minutes. Just sick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10086

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

I would love to see a three peat, I’ll gladly take a second Lebron/AD title. But if that was it, Lebron will always be a Laker moving forward.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 3453

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

LeBron’s stats this season is incredible, it’s even better than his stats from 2016, that was 4 years ago!

In 2018 LeBron said he would love to play 5 more years, so that means til 2023, but to be honest, considering he was still the best player this season, I still see him playing for another 7 years and still playing at a top 10 level player.
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10086

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

And people here were hot and mad when we let Randle walk. Lebron and Randle take up the same space. Lebron on his worst day will always be better than Randle on his best. I doubt anyone is missing Randle now.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 584

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
And people here were hot and mad when we let Randle walk. Lebron and Randle take up the same space. Lebron on his worst day will always be better than Randle on his best. I doubt anyone is missing Randle now.


It wasn't about letting Randle walk or not walk, it was about getting nothing back for a lottery asset.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 30071

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
And people here were hot and mad when we let Randle walk. Lebron and Randle take up the same space. Lebron on his worst day will always be better than Randle on his best. I doubt anyone is missing Randle now.


It wasn't about letting Randle walk or not walk, it was about getting nothing back for a lottery asset.


I'd say the issue was more than we didn't give him a qualifying offer, and keep our rights to match his contract offer. It was more about giving up our option for no reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 5645

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
And people here were hot and mad when we let Randle walk. Lebron and Randle take up the same space. Lebron on his worst day will always be better than Randle on his best. I doubt anyone is missing Randle now.


It wasn't about letting Randle walk or not walk, it was about getting nothing back for a lottery asset.


I'd say the issue was more than we didn't give him a qualifying offer, and keep our rights to match his contract offer. It was more about giving up our option for no reason.


Technically, they did give him a qualifying offer... then revoked it.

Waste of assets. Could have been part of a trade if nothing else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15960

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

‘LeBron won his 4th NBA title? Start the last dance 2 production, my wizard days’ - lol lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1370

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Just heard Lebron had a better 2 point field goal percentage in the playoffs than anyone ever. Something like 62 percent

Wow!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 30071

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
And people here were hot and mad when we let Randle walk. Lebron and Randle take up the same space. Lebron on his worst day will always be better than Randle on his best. I doubt anyone is missing Randle now.


It wasn't about letting Randle walk or not walk, it was about getting nothing back for a lottery asset.


I'd say the issue was more than we didn't give him a qualifying offer, and keep our rights to match his contract offer. It was more about giving up our option for no reason.


Technically, they did give him a qualifying offer... then revoked it.

Waste of assets. Could have been part of a trade if nothing else.



Hard to say. Maybe there simply wasn't a good trade for him to be had. Ultimately, I don't think letting him walk was inherently a bad move. If he had accepted our qualifying offer he would have had veto power over any trade, and we would have been stuck with a disgruntled player we didn't really want for a year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AD23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 750

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Who gives a crap about Randle.

GARBAGE player. Perhaps other GMs see it the same way so don't assume every Laker has value.


Last edited by AD23 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 1620

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Just heard Lebron had a better 2 point field goal percentage in the playoffs than anyone ever. Something like 62 percent

Wow!


He has the 1st, 2nd and 5th best two-pt percentages.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 62296

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Some crazy people here wanted to play Randle the max. lol
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11160

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
And people here were hot and mad when we let Randle walk. Lebron and Randle take up the same space. Lebron on his worst day will always be better than Randle on his best. I doubt anyone is missing Randle now.


It wasn't about letting Randle walk or not walk, it was about getting nothing back for a lottery asset.


I'd say the issue was more than we didn't give him a qualifying offer, and keep our rights to match his contract offer. It was more about giving up our option for no reason.


Yeah and he could have been on a relatively affordable deal that would have been easy to move.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 12668

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject:

So with Lebron's final year we'd have his bird rights

Does that mean we can re-sign him to the max regardless of how much room under the salary cap we have?

So does this mean he can opt out, Pelinka can fill our roster with other players, then re-sign Lebron to a max deal without that deal impacting our salary?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1150

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
So with Lebron's final year we'd have his bird rights

Does that mean we can re-sign him to the max regardless of how much room under the salary cap we have?

So does this mean he can opt out, Pelinka can fill our roster with other players, then re-sign Lebron to a max deal without that deal impacting our salary?


I was just looking at that... Looks like he has 4th year player option which would be huge for the Lakers to bring in more key players after next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1492, 1493, 1494, 1495, 1496, 1497  Next
Page 1493 of 1497
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB