The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1527, 1528, 1529, 1530, 1531, 1532  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 110484

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

One thing I cannot stand is how much complaining he's been doing about missed calls. Yes, calls are missed, but he's literally arguing every time, compromising our defense. That's not setting the right tone for our guys and hopefully he can tone that down. Lakers need to send game tape to the league to lobby them on actually calling fouls for LBJ when he's hacked. I know that he's like Shaq in that he's tough to referee, but a foul's a foul, especially in this day's "can't touch this" league.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 7737

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
One thing I cannot stand is how much complaining he's been doing about missed calls. Yes, calls are missed, but he's literally arguing every time, compromising our defense. That's not setting the right tone for our guys and hopefully he can tone that down. Lakers need to send game tape to the league to lobby them on actually calling fouls for LBJ when he's hacked. I know that he's like Shaq in that he's tough to referee, but a foul's a foul, especially in this day's "can't touch this" league.

after watching Kobe playing for 20 years, he should've known the whistle stops when you play for the lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17422

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
One thing I cannot stand is how much complaining he's been doing about missed calls. Yes, calls are missed, but he's literally arguing every time, compromising our defense. That's not setting the right tone for our guys and hopefully he can tone that down. Lakers need to send game tape to the league to lobby them on actually calling fouls for LBJ when he's hacked. I know that he's like Shaq in that he's tough to referee, but a foul's a foul, especially in this day's "can't touch this" league.

after watching Kobe playing for 20 years, he should've known the whistle stops when you play for the lakers.


def rubbing off, I noticed kuzma starting to look for calls too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 7737

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
One thing I cannot stand is how much complaining he's been doing about missed calls. Yes, calls are missed, but he's literally arguing every time, compromising our defense. That's not setting the right tone for our guys and hopefully he can tone that down. Lakers need to send game tape to the league to lobby them on actually calling fouls for LBJ when he's hacked. I know that he's like Shaq in that he's tough to referee, but a foul's a foul, especially in this day's "can't touch this" league.

after watching Kobe playing for 20 years, he should've known the whistle stops when you play for the lakers.


def rubbing off, I noticed kuzma starting to look for calls too

so is trez, but you don't complain when the other team goes on fast break, it is rule number 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5935
Location: France

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
His legs are shot. He’s old. I know he’s been Superman in his career but expecting him to continue that trend in his 18th season (actually 20th considering how many finals he went to) is too much.

I hope he and the coaching staff will see that we are playing with fire by riding him this much.

We need to sit him and give him a chance to get his legs back under him


2013 kobe all over again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4586

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

the difference with Kobe is he didnt have "real" help at that point. AD is just hitting his prime and he showed he can take games over. DS takes some weight off bron too something kobe didnt have. Like AD DS is still young. Aaaaand there was no load management. i have a feeling we will see that second half of year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 110484

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

LBJ has a body that can age somewhat better than Kobe given he is 6'8/6'9, 260. That Karl Malone body but even that broke down later down the road.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4586

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LBJ has a body that can age somewhat better than Kobe given he is 6'8/6'9, 260. That Karl Malone body but even that broke down later down the road.

agree and though Karl was a nice passer out of the post Brons passing is still all world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 110484

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LBJ has a body that can age somewhat better than Kobe given he is 6'8/6'9, 260. That Karl Malone body but even that broke down later down the road.

agree and though Karl was a nice passer out of the post Brons passing is still all world.


I don't know if LBJ is saving the wear/tear from banging for the playoffs, but I agree that LeBron "Steph Curry" James has to go.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6034

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

With his needing rest, it is foolishness for him to participate in the All Star Game. What is the fine for missing it?

Seems like a a "statement" needs to be made. Who better then to make it then James.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 7737

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
With his needing rest, it is foolishness for him to participate in the All Star Game. What is the fine for missing it?

Seems like a a "statement" needs to be made. Who better then to make it then James.

Sit him the game before with some “made up” injury might do it, not too sure he wants to miss it though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3038

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
With his needing rest, it is foolishness for him to participate in the All Star Game. What is the fine for missing it?

Seems like a a "statement" needs to be made. Who better then to make it then James.


He won't do that, he'll get killed.

The coaching staff needs to sack up and sit him for the jazz game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9733

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron is averaging 38.2 minutes in February, the MOST by any player.

He has played 40+ minutes in 4 of the last 9 games just this month.

He played 40+ minutes only twice all of last season.


https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1364290682639196161?s=21
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6034

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
With his needing rest, it is foolishness for him to participate in the All Star Game. What is the fine for missing it?

Seems like a a "statement" needs to be made. Who better then to make it then James.

Sit him the game before with some “made up” injury might do it, not too sure he wants to miss it though


Why miss the meaningful RS game to play some BS exhibition game?

Lakers don't have the luxury of giving away real games this season.

My point is the players have stated they think the game is a bad idea. The health ramifications are risky. And there is always the "short offseason" excuse that can be used.

Take the week off and rest. James has the clout to make this move against the NBA. Wouldn't this be a great time to organize the marquee players and stage a walk out for "player safety". If young players want to show up and earn ASG bonuses, so be it. But for some players it is about a championship. Case in point... James and the Lakers

Again, what would the League do? Fine ? Suspend?

Don't use the excuse "Tired legs" then show up to an exhibition game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 19783

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
the difference with Kobe is he didnt have "real" help at that point. AD is just hitting his prime and he showed he can take games over. DS takes some weight off bron too something kobe didnt have. Like AD DS is still young. Aaaaand there was no load management. i have a feeling we will see that second half of year.


2013 Kobe had an injured Nash giving his all on one leg, a Dwight Howard that didn't want to pick and roll, a Pau Gasol that kept conveniently getting vertigo so that he wouldn't be traded...

Lots of things were going on. I will say though, that year, as much hate as Nash got, he was the one that played like he wanted it as bad as Kobe. When they switched Nash to being an off-ball threat and he was shooting 47-49% from three I thought we were about to go on a tear. Before he got hurt again against Sacramento. WHile Pau didn't play like Pau till late march and by then we were so far behind the 8 ball and Nash was hurt, so Kobe had to log many minutes.

That entire season, I felt like only Kobe and Nash wanted it. While Pau was going through his motions, and Dwight was sabotaging the thing he did best cause he was in his feelings about what Shaq said. Hate thinking about that season.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 564

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

His efficiency is horribly low. when not interested, better he take a couple of games rest. what is he achieving with the way he is shooting?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 19783

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

LeBron doesn't want rest, isn't tired and wishes people would stop talking about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srsC02qr8og
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3038

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LeBron doesn't want rest, isn't tired and wishes people would stop talking about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srsC02qr8og


He took games off last year, why can't he this year? He's not winning an MVP if we're losing to the Wizards.
Playing against Utah without AD and DS will turn him strictly into a perimeter shooter, and that ain't bueno for his splits given the way he's shooting the three. Then, when he gets desperate driving to the rim, Gobert is gonna swat that (bleep) 100 ft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BandwagonLBJhopper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 654

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject:

^Great players are always stubborn and never admit defeat or go down gracefully. Lebron has alot left in the tank obviously but he will be no different.

Vogel doesn't have the clout to over rule him and there is no Rondo to keep him in line. We just have to hope for the best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6034

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron doesn't want rest, isn't tired and wishes people would stop talking about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srsC02qr8og


He took games off last year, why can't he this year? He's not winning an MVP if we're losing to the Wizards.
Playing against Utah without AD and DS will turn him strictly into a perimeter shooter, and that ain't bueno for his splits given the way he's shooting the three. Then, when he gets desperate driving to the rim, Gobert is gonna swat that (bleep) 100 ft.


Didn’t he take games off last year due to injuries? He had a nagging groin injury for several weeks leading up to the break iirc.

As for this season, he is settling too much. Settling for threes, settling for lackluster effort on the defensive end, settling for inefficient offensive sets, even settling for losing focus by complaining about no calls too much.

His settling is the small difference this season. He is still amazing. Still playing at a ridiculous level. But the standards and bar is set high. His “settling” is effecting his teammates and their focus through out a game.

NBA teams are talented. The margin for error is small. Any flaws will be exploited. Unfortunately the Lakers and James have been developing bad habits and settling all season so far. Losing Davis and then Schroder just magnified those bad habits.

Hopefully the Lakers can limp to the ASG weekend without giving up too much ground in the standings. Then James and the team can have a “come to Jesus” moment for the second half of the season. The talent is there with this team. The overall focus and commitment is not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17422

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:59 am    Post subject:

LeBron paces himself much much better than Kobe. His minutes might be ok as long as he listens to his body
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 5384

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:
LeBron is averaging 38.2 minutes in February, the MOST by any player.

He has played 40+ minutes in 4 of the last 9 games just this month.

He played 40+ minutes only twice all of last season.


https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1364290682639196161?s=21


Avg 38 mins for what?

To Lose.

Not worth it.

Time for him to sit his ass down.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 2847

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

If we’re gonna lose with him, might as well rest him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 6582

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Should we rest him against Portland? This team is so reliant on Lebron to win games it's becoming a dangerous habit. If something was to happen to Lebron he was out for an extended period, we might not even make the playoffs.

I would say we need to learn to win without Lebron but I don't think it's possible.
_________________
Welcome to the BronBrow Dynasty!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 671

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Idk why never tried surrounding him with shooters. He’s played with lots of them and most were good at nothing else but those kind of players compliment his game the most.

His driving lanes are closed off and when he posts up they trap him quickly cuz no one is a shooting threat.

He’s taken one dimensional teams far because of shooters opening up the floor for his game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1527, 1528, 1529, 1530, 1531, 1532  Next
Page 1528 of 1532
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB