The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1530, 1531, 1532 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Imagine if people were only allowed to talk about work related things.

Zlatan should just be honest and say he doesn't like what Bron supports politically. If he did that, I'd at least respect him more for being honest.

I mean, is Lebron allowed to celebrate Taco Tuesday? He's a basketball player, not a food critic!

Such a stupid take.

Yeah, and in 2018, Zlatan said the way Swedish national team treated him was racism. Hypocrite.

Laura Ingraham said the same thing before. Kobe even stood up for lebron back then.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

LBJ was probably out of his depths to discuss the complicated Chinese/Hong Kong situation.

But when it comes to American race relations, he has lived that his whole life. He is certainly entitled to his opinion on it and he has lived his life to support this cause, not just words to him.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
As much as I love Bron, I agree with Zlatan. Too often celebrities mistake "popularity" for "platform", asserting statements that are either untrue or needlessly divisive.

Or turn their backs on calling out evil countries who are committing human atrocities because they make $$$ with said countries.

Lebron is not a politician, so he has no obligation to call out any country, but if he wants to speak up for his own race, and the social injustice happening in his own country, he should be respected.

Agreed - he can say whatever he wants IMO. People don't have to like it and can criticize him if they want just the same. But trying to tell the guy to not speak his mind is silly, he can say that the hell he wants to especially if he experienced it himself - that's different than speaking on situations going on in another country.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

The problem with "If you're a celebrity you don't get to speak about how things are for others that have it rougher."

That ideology likes to pretend that people are just born celebrities and didn't have to struggle/work to get to where there are. Not just that, but that they didn't have to face the same problems as they were on the come up to get to where you are.

The country loves to build up the "come from nothing, and then make yourself something" underdog mentality. But once you make yourself "something" and if you do so on a "high level" then suddenly you're not allowed to speak up about things? See the game those kinds of people like to play? Yeah they want you to 'make it', but once you 'make it' you can't talk like you ever experienced any of the things that others that haven't 'made it' deal with.

What they also like to ignore is that even after you've 'made it' you STILL face things. Lest we forget Stephen A Smith talking about nearly getting shot by a Cop on a routine stop till the cops partner told him who he was.

Lest forget LeBron's Los Angeles home getting defaced with racist grafitti.

Lest we forget everything John Boyega faced for having the audacity to potentially be a black Jedi.

But the game the people that love to say "shut up and stay in your lane, you don't get to talk about hardships because you're a celebrity" would rather treat celebrities as if they never struggled or endured, still endure, or see hardships that they can relate to others with. Unless... they are using it to sell the 'come from the ghetto/nothing and now you're here' story.

So yeah, don't build them up as coming from multiple hardships to get to where they are on a celebrity scale, and then tell them that they can't talk about or relate to hardships now because they 'made it'.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LBJ was probably out of his depths to discuss the complicated Chinese/Hong Kong situation.

But when it comes to American race relations, he has lived that his whole life. He is certainly entitled to his opinion on it and he has lived his life to support this cause, not just words to him.

it's also worth noting that Lakers players probably lost some good endorsement deals over that situation. i know Kuzma was very popular in China, and there were deals worth millions waiting for him during that China trip.
AC just got a shoe deal with Chinese company ANTA, nobody said a single word about that.
why doesn't Apple and Walmart speak up about China? oh yeah, because they have billions of revenues coming from there, so they get a free pass.
Lebron comments about racial injustices happening in the US, and people give him a hard time for not speaking up about China? give me a break.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Pretty cool video by Thinkingbasketball, uploaded today.

SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if this has been stated yet or not, but silence and acceptance of the status quo is just as political as vocally calling attention to its inequalities. The moron just made a political statement by telling Lebron not to..... Yeah, just more hypocrisy.
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

it's also worth noting that Lakers players probably lost some good endorsement deals over that situation. i know Kuzma was very popular in China, and there were deals worth millions waiting for him during that China trip.
AC just got a shoe deal with Chinese company ANTA, nobody said a single word about that.
why doesn't Apple and Walmart speak up about China? oh yeah, because they have billions of revenues coming from there, so they get a free pass.
Lebron comments about racial injustices happening in the US, and people give him a hard time for not speaking up about China? give me a break.

Yeah even Skip Bayless defended Lebron for his China comments. I wish he would've left it alone for his own sake, but he was clearly speaking on behalf of many NBA players. Everyone else in the league (coaches, GMs, players) ran from that same question.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Even Caruso is getting shoe deals? Pays to be a Laker...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

With DS back a good chance we will see LeBron’s minutes decrease a little bit this is why LeBron respects Schroeder.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Even Caruso is getting shoe deals? Pays to be a Laker...

Kuz got puma deal but AD has no shoe deal yet
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

On Undisputed Shannon said that Lebron was ranked #1 in defensive efficiency...is this true?

Very impressive if that’s the case
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
On Undisputed Shannon said that Lebron was ranked #1 in defensive efficiency...is this true?

I find that hard to believe. And would be highly skeptical of any ranking system that stated if it is out there.

James can play good defense when he wants to. Can be a terror in the passing lanes. But #1 in the league?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

I find that hard to believe. And would be highly skeptical of any ranking system that stated if it is out there.

James can play good defense when he wants to. Can be a terror in the passing lanes. But #1 in the league?

Well according to this he is #1 in DEF WS
https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense/?sort=DEF_WS&dir=-1

#2 in Defensive Rating
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-defensive-rating-leaders-this-season
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Well according to this he is #1 in DEF WS
https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense/?sort=DEF_WS&dir=-1

#2 in Defensive Rating
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-defensive-rating-leaders-this-season

Wow, I had no idea. And he's #1 in RPM.
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

No LeBron tomorrow against the Kings

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1367011044657348614
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:25 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Really don’t understand sitting out tomorrow. He’s about to have long break. We need to get the win tomorrow.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
As much as I love Bron, I agree with Zlatan. Too often celebrities mistake "popularity" for "platform", asserting statements that are either untrue or needlessly divisive.

Or turn their backs on calling out evil countries who are committing human atrocities because they make $$$ with said countries.

Lebron is not a politician, so he has no obligation to call out any country, but if he wants to speak up for his own race, and the social injustice happening in his own country, he should be respected.

Agreed - he can say whatever he wants IMO. People don't have to like it and can criticize him if they want just the same. But trying to tell the guy to not speak his mind is silly, he can say that the hell he wants to especially if he experienced it himself - that's different than speaking on situations going on in another country.

yinoma2001 wrote:

LeBron has been in such a unique situation for a while now. He was on the cover of Sports Illustrated at age 17 and got a $50k Hummer with 3 TVs when he was still in high school. And after that he was drafted and became super rich and super famous. But I don’t know about his experiences when he was younger and with the people surrounding him in his life.

I’ve heard him criticized for doing incredibly well in his life. But on the other hand, he doesn’t have the same platform to speak out with if he isn’t famous.

Isn’t China running concentration camps? Everything I’ve seen/heard about that situation is horrifying.

Last edited by Steve007 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Really don’t understand sitting out tomorrow. He’s about to have long break. We need to get the win tomorrow.

Would be nice but we don’t have to, just get healthy plus let the role players simmers on their lost to suns (yes, it’s on them giving all those open threes) and redeem themselves

Btw, I’m really liking Bron just hand the ball to DS to run offense and Bron gets in game ‘rest’
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

So he sits out the game that counts in the standings but is going to show up for the meaningless exhibition game... brilliant!
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject:

So he sits out the game that counts in the standings but is going to show up for the meaningless exhibition game... brilliant!

I guess everybody hits their limit sometimes. I trust LeBron's judgement. It's not like the guy is a slacker.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

Not a fair take when he's the face of the league.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

Maybe this way he can say he has an ailment and can pull a KD. Who knows.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

He's fourth in the league in minutes played. He's the best judge of when is the best time for him to take a break
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject:

If he needs a rest or time to heal some nagging injuries then he should do it. I have no issues with that.

But if that is what is needed for tonight’s game, then IMO he should take the entire time off. Including the ASG weekend. The travel, the practice, the game, the media time.

Rest up. Recharge the batteries. There is a long season still ahead. Make a remote “appearance “ from home in his PJs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1530, 1531, 1532 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1531 of 2086
Jump to: