The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1531, 1532, 1533 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
If he needs a rest or time to heal some nagging injuries then he should do it. I have no issues with that.

But if that is what is needed for tonight’s game, then IMO he should take the entire time off. Including the ASG weekend. The travel, the practice, the game, the media time.

Rest up. Recharge the batteries. There is a long season still ahead. Make a remote “appearance “ from home in his PJs.

I don't think you can just "sit out" the All Star weekend absent an injury. You can't load manage it. He was one of the first to be opposed to it, quite publicly too.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If he needs a rest or time to heal some nagging injuries then he should do it. I have no issues with that.

But if that is what is needed for tonight’s game, then IMO he should take the entire time off. Including the ASG weekend. The travel, the practice, the game, the media time.

Rest up. Recharge the batteries. There is a long season still ahead. Make a remote “appearance “ from home in his PJs.

I don't think you can just "sit out" the All Star weekend absent an injury. You can't load manage it. He was one of the first to be opposed to it, quite publicly too.

I know. He and others marquee players have expressed their opinions against the logic of the ASG. Which just reinforces my complaint. The players don’t want to be there.

Especially the older players with Championship aspirations. Why isn’t this considered another “penalty” for excelling, similar to the short off season for winning teams has been discussed?

Maybe the decision to not play tonight can establish him not playing in the ASG.

If he has “reached his limit” or “needs rest” he should not have to choose between a meaningful RS game with Laker seeding implications or an absurd exhibition game for league marketing.

And I don’t know what the league can do to him if he chose not to practice or play. Fine? Suspension? Imagine the media sh** storm for suspending the face of the league for saying “ I’m tired and it is not in my best interest health wise to extend myself” in an exhibition game.

I have never liked mid season All Star games in any sport. They are ridiculous IMO. Just not interested. All the fun and games can be done in the off-season.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

Well, that's his call. And he's decided to sit out the next regular season game and then play the all-star game.

I can see that. If he sits out the all star game, it creates a lot of attention and a lot of crap he has to deal with it for a long time after the game ends. He'd be answering questions about that for years. That choice wouldn't be more restful or relaxing -- probably just the opposite.

This way is much simpler.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

Frankly I think it's insane to do an all star game given COVID. All star weekend is socializing time and will guys like Harden have enough discipline not to venture out into the ATL nightlife?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

Just curious. Is the ASG and the festivities good for the league ratings? Marketing? TV contracts?

Has to be a financial reason for the League to be so adamant about having it this year, of all years.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Frankly I think it's insane to do an all star game given COVID. All star weekend is socializing time and will guys like Harden have enough discipline not to venture out into the ATL nightlife?

Going to be a few guys out for protocol in the 2nd half imo.

Just a foolish idea, but $.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

So he sits out the game that counts in the standings but is going to show up for the meaningless exhibition game... brilliant!

LOL Bron already stated that he thinks having ASW this season is the stupidest ideal.

You forgot it’s also a meaningless regular season with an meaningless home court advantage this season too
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

This is easy - all Lebron has to do is say he has back tightness or knee soreness and he is good. The guy is 36 years old and probably has all of that and more going on.

He could mention it post game after SAC and be good to go if he wants to play that one.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Going to be a few guys out for protocol in the 2nd half imo.

Just a foolish idea, but $.

I hope Lebron gets a couple early throwdowns and then decides to chill out and sit the rest of the game. Hoping Quinn Snyder doesn’t pull some BS
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

James Harden should be forced to wear a body sized condom while playing on the court. He is a clear and present danger to the other participants given his propensity to hit the clubs...
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
This is easy - all Lebron has to do is say he has back tightness or knee soreness and he is good. The guy is 36 years old and probably has all of that and more going on.

He could mention it post game after SAC and be good to go if he wants to play that one.

Like others mentioned earlier he’s the face of the league and Lebron ain’t no b!tch lol.
He got too much pride, this guy truly is a Freak.

Hard to fake that injury when he’s always on IG Live doing romanian deadlifts and landmine presses
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

As expected with AD's absence, Lebron's MVP odds are coming back to the field. And somehow Jokic just decided to become the most skilled player in the NBA this year.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
James Harden should be forced to wear a body sized condom while playing on the court. He is a clear and present danger to the other participants given his propensity to hit the clubs...

I wonder if it’s even possible for him to wear a mask effectively with his beard.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject:

ESPN MVP Race

Stephen A:
Harden
Embiid
Lebron

Wilbon:
Lebron
Harden
Embiid
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/hoopsview/status/1368698126102536195?s=21

LeCalculated message.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/1368643307090276353

Didn't figure Lebron to also be an idiot anti vaxer like Dwight. Thats such a bad answer.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:

Didn't figure Lebron to also be an idiot anti vaxer like Dwight. Thats such a bad answer.

Every NBA player is giving that answer. Pretty bad look from the league
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Every NBA player is giving that answer. Pretty bad look from the league

At least nobody has asked Kyrie yet.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:

Where did he say he was anti-vaccine? Saying he’ll discuss with his family is a bad thing? Lol.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Where did he say he was anti-vaccine? Saying he’ll discuss with his family is a bad thing? Lol.

I can’t believe I got a vaccine before a worldwide celebrity like LeBron.

Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Ksig wrote:

What is there to discuss?
"Hey Bronny you want to get this vaccine? Nah? OK cool me neither."
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Not sure if you are serious...
How dare Lebron discuss anything with his family...?
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Not sure if you are serious...
How dare Lebron discuss anything with his family...?

Y'all being serious in here? If he was actually considering taking it he would have said "Yes I plan on taking it when its available." Instead he gave some flippant noncommittal answer to taking a vaccine during a pandemic. Why does he need to discuss getting a vaccine?

It looks bad. Especially when theres already so many NBA players who are openly anti-vax. There was that report a few weeks ago from ESPN about unnamed star players who didnt want to get the vaccine too.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Yeah, people are ridiculous honestly. I see a bunch of people criticizing on social media especially because he's a huge name that "talks politics" and could have had a great influence on the public by saying he would get the vaccine. Personally, I feel that's ridiculous and he should be able to do whatever tf he wants as an individual. It's not like the rest of the NBA got a vaccine and he didn't. He simply stayed neutral on the subject. If he went in either direction he'd be getting slammed by the other side anyways so it was def. a no win situation. Has even a single NBA player got a vaccine yet?

Seemed like a pretty safe and appropriate answer to me but I guess everyone has to find a reason to get "offended" or "upset". All of Utah hates him now as well after the all star weekend so let them all jump on the hate train
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Yeah, people are ridiculous honestly. I see a bunch of people criticizing on social media especially because he's a huge name that "talks politics" and could have had a great influence on the public by saying he would get the vaccine. Personally, I feel that's ridiculous and he should be able to do whatever tf he wants as an individual. It's not like the rest of the NBA got a vaccine and he didn't. He simply stayed neutral on the subject. If he went in either direction he'd be getting slammed by the other side anyways so it was def. a no win situation. Has even a single NBA player got a vaccine yet?

Seemed like a pretty safe and appropriate answer to me but I guess everyone has to find a reason to get "offended" or "upset". All of Utah hates him now as well after the all star weekend so let them all jump on the hate train

This is such a crazy mentality to me. That theres "an other side" to wanting to get vaccinated to a disease thats killed 500k people in the US already. Him being apprehensive to getting a vaccine gives more credence to anti-vax conspiracy nuts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1531, 1532, 1533 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1532 of 2079
Jump to: