The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1546, 1547, 1548, 1549  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3643

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
First trailer for Space Jam:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1378331612803383297?s=21


I'm not looking forward to a bunch of adults trashing this movie when they watched the original as a child. People really are morons, and forget they're no longer the intended audience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17922

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
If LeBron were going to shut it down, he should have shut it down last season...last year was even more of a "cursed" season than this one and ended in a championship.


His money is guaranteed, all his non-basketball related businesses are going whether he plays or not... no doubt LeBron would play if he can, he’s not shutting it down, there’s only one thing left for him in the basketball world, chips for GOAT status (maybe scoring record too)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 45384

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject:

My guess is LeBron would be playing now if it were the playoffs.

The season is too long to go all out and then expect to be fresh at playoff time.

Every win the Lakers get (like last night vs Sacramento) with LeBron and AD on the shelf is huge.

I am not worried, a healthy Lakers team at playoff time will be a tough out no matter their seed.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 25655
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I know he'd never do it. He's chasing that all-time scoring record. But I wouldn't blame LBJ if he just shut it down for the rest of the year.

I've been a Lakers fan long enough to know what a cursed year looks like. And this has all the signs of one. Don't need he or AD coming back quickly, just to hurt themselves worse. All to play with teammates that don't measure up to what Brooklyn has.

There are some all star free agents in play this offseason, we could form a big 3 for next season with 100% healthy LBJ and AD.

I'm not trying to be a dick to you kikanga, but that's a really pathetic excuse. Shutting it down for the season because of a mere ankle injury!?!

Either this is a cursed season, or the basketball gods are testing this team to see if they're truly worthy of back-to-back titles. The 2001 season seemed cursed until the last couple weeks when they ended the year with an 8-game winning streak, then went 15-1 in the playoffs.

When LeBron and AD are 100% they should and will play. Wanting to hold them out beyond that because they may "hurt themselves worse" sounds like a loser's mentality. Maybe we should shut down everyone on the team for the rest of the season then because anyone can get injured during any kind of athletic event.

If Durant didn't come back so quickly, he probably wouldn't have torn his Achilles. Same for Kobe playing through multiple injuries his Achilles game.
Just feel like people are taking LBJ's age and mileage for granted.
I know he'll come back and play, I'm just a bit cautious. The league has never seen a quick season turnaround like this. The league has never had a schedule so tightly packed.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 744

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

Can blame the quick turnaround and condensed schedule for AD's woes but blame (bleep) Hill for LBJ setback.

Besides the team's inevitable slippage in the standings, Bron's individual achievements as his 5th MVP and climb up the all-time scoring crown or at risk.
_________________
2020-2021 REPEAT OR BUST

PG - Schröder/Horton-Tucker
SG - Caldwell-Pope/Caruso/McLemore
SF - James(IL)/Kuzma/Matthews/McKinnie
PF - Davis(IL)/Morris/Harrell/Dudley(IL)
C - Drummond/Gasol/Cacok/Antetokounmpo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4349

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
First trailer for Space Jam:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1378331612803383297?s=21


I'm not looking forward to a bunch of adults trashing this movie when they watched the original as a child. People really are morons, and forget they're no longer the intended audience.


This
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 1284

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
First trailer for Space Jam:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1378331612803383297?s=21


I'm not looking forward to a bunch of adults trashing this movie when they watched the original as a child. People really are morons, and forget they're no longer the intended audience.

They are trying to get some adult audience though. Too many references to adult movies or shows like GoT, It, Matrix or old cartoons that only adults have watched. Not that I care but it's obvious that it's not a movie with only kids in mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6107

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
First trailer for Space Jam:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1378331612803383297?s=21


I'm not looking forward to a bunch of adults trashing this movie when they watched the original as a child. People really are morons, and forget they're no longer the intended audience.

They are trying to get some adult audience though. Too many references to adult movies or shows like GoT, It, Matrix or old cartoons that only adults have watched. Not that I care but it's obvious that it's not a movie with only kids in mind.


It's F'n Space Jam!

Anyone sitting down to watch with a critical eye and "judging" it as if it was an Academy Award nominee is a special kind of person anyways.

Sit back and enjoy it as it is intended. If not interested, just pass and move on to the next movie.

Reminds me of sitting down with a group of people to watch the Super Bowl or the Finals and having someone in the room telling everyone "how boring sports is". We get it, you're a pretentious ass, why not go to the other room so we can enjoy the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 30662

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I know he'd never do it. He's chasing that all-time scoring record. But I wouldn't blame LBJ if he just shut it down for the rest of the year.

I've been a Lakers fan long enough to know what a cursed year looks like. And this has all the signs of one. Don't need he or AD coming back quickly, just to hurt themselves worse. All to play with teammates that don't measure up to what Brooklyn has.

There are some all star free agents in play this offseason, we could form a big 3 for next season with 100% healthy LBJ and AD.

I'm not trying to be a dick to you kikanga, but that's a really pathetic excuse. Shutting it down for the season because of a mere ankle injury!?!

Either this is a cursed season, or the basketball gods are testing this team to see if they're truly worthy of back-to-back titles. The 2001 season seemed cursed until the last couple weeks when they ended the year with an 8-game winning streak, then went 15-1 in the playoffs.

When LeBron and AD are 100% they should and will play. Wanting to hold them out beyond that because they may "hurt themselves worse" sounds like a loser's mentality. Maybe we should shut down everyone on the team for the rest of the season then because anyone can get injured during any kind of athletic event.

If Durant didn't come back so quickly, he probably wouldn't have torn his Achilles. Same for Kobe playing through multiple injuries his Achilles game.
Just feel like people are taking LBJ's age and mileage for granted.
I know he'll come back and play, I'm just a bit cautious. The league has never seen a quick season turnaround like this. The league has never had a schedule so tightly packed.


Well, your opinion is based on the viewpoint that the Lakers have no chance to win a ring in this "cursed" season. I am sure Lebron and the Lakers don't share that viewpoint. So if he feels healthy enough to play, why would he simply burn a year of his career rather than compete for a ring?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27746

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
First trailer for Space Jam:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1378331612803383297?s=21


I'm not looking forward to a bunch of adults trashing this movie when they watched the original as a child. People really are morons, and forget they're no longer the intended audience.


It's one of my biggest pet peeves.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3851

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
My guess is LeBron would be playing now if it were the playoffs.

The season is too long to go all out and then expect to be fresh at playoff time.

Every win the Lakers get (like last night vs Sacramento) with LeBron and AD on the shelf is huge.

I am not worried, a healthy Lakers team at playoff time will be a tough out no matter their seed.

Nicely stated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 5717
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I know he'd never do it. He's chasing that all-time scoring record. But I wouldn't blame LBJ if he just shut it down for the rest of the year.

I've been a Lakers fan long enough to know what a cursed year looks like. And this has all the signs of one. Don't need he or AD coming back quickly, just to hurt themselves worse. All to play with teammates that don't measure up to what Brooklyn has.

There are some all star free agents in play this offseason, we could form a big 3 for next season with 100% healthy LBJ and AD.

I'm not trying to be a dick to you kikanga, but that's a really pathetic excuse. Shutting it down for the season because of a mere ankle injury!?!

Either this is a cursed season, or the basketball gods are testing this team to see if they're truly worthy of back-to-back titles. The 2001 season seemed cursed until the last couple weeks when they ended the year with an 8-game winning streak, then went 15-1 in the playoffs.

When LeBron and AD are 100% they should and will play. Wanting to hold them out beyond that because they may "hurt themselves worse" sounds like a loser's mentality. Maybe we should shut down everyone on the team for the rest of the season then because anyone can get injured during any kind of athletic event.

If Durant didn't come back so quickly, he probably wouldn't have torn his Achilles. Same for Kobe playing through multiple injuries his Achilles game.
Just feel like people are taking LBJ's age and mileage for granted.
I know he'll come back and play, I'm just a bit cautious. The league has never seen a quick season turnaround like this. The league has never had a schedule so tightly packed.

It's understandable to be cautious with any type of Achilles injury. But LeBron merely has an ankle injury, which is more straightforward. Other than Lonzo Ball, I've never heard of a midseason ankle injury being a season-ending injury.

I may be wrong, but I'm guessing when Durant came back in the Finals, he wasn't 100%.

There's a difference between being reasonably cautious and being overprotective or fearful for no logical reason when there's no significant threat of injury.
_________________
The Lakers and Dodgers are the reigning world champs.

As the Dead Kennedys once said, California Uber Alles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 1284

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
First trailer for Space Jam:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1378331612803383297?s=21


I'm not looking forward to a bunch of adults trashing this movie when they watched the original as a child. People really are morons, and forget they're no longer the intended audience.

They are trying to get some adult audience though. Too many references to adult movies or shows like GoT, It, Matrix or old cartoons that only adults have watched. Not that I care but it's obvious that it's not a movie with only kids in mind.


It's F'n Space Jam!

Anyone sitting down to watch with a critical eye and "judging" it as if it was an Academy Award nominee is a special kind of person anyways.

Sit back and enjoy it as it is intended. If not interested, just pass and move on to the next movie.

Reminds me of sitting down with a group of people to watch the Super Bowl or the Finals and having someone in the room telling everyone "how boring sports is". We get it, you're a pretentious ass, why not go to the other room so we can enjoy the game.


I only said that the movie is also targeting adults, what's wrong with you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6107

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
First trailer for Space Jam:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1378331612803383297?s=21


I'm not looking forward to a bunch of adults trashing this movie when they watched the original as a child. People really are morons, and forget they're no longer the intended audience.

They are trying to get some adult audience though. Too many references to adult movies or shows like GoT, It, Matrix or old cartoons that only adults have watched. Not that I care but it's obvious that it's not a movie with only kids in mind.


It's F'n Space Jam!

Anyone sitting down to watch with a critical eye and "judging" it as if it was an Academy Award nominee is a special kind of person anyways.

Sit back and enjoy it as it is intended. If not interested, just pass and move on to the next movie.

Reminds me of sitting down with a group of people to watch the Super Bowl or the Finals and having someone in the room telling everyone "how boring sports is". We get it, you're a pretentious ass, why not go to the other room so we can enjoy the game.


I only said that the movie is also targeting adults, what's wrong with you?


Not specifically directed at your comment but the overall concept of being overly critical of movies that are purely made for entertainment of a certain type. Not for everyone.

I can see now how my anecdotal last paragraph could feel personal. Not intended to be. Just a story to put an exclamation point on my original comments.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 1284

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
First trailer for Space Jam:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1378331612803383297?s=21


I'm not looking forward to a bunch of adults trashing this movie when they watched the original as a child. People really are morons, and forget they're no longer the intended audience.

They are trying to get some adult audience though. Too many references to adult movies or shows like GoT, It, Matrix or old cartoons that only adults have watched. Not that I care but it's obvious that it's not a movie with only kids in mind.


It's F'n Space Jam!

Anyone sitting down to watch with a critical eye and "judging" it as if it was an Academy Award nominee is a special kind of person anyways.

Sit back and enjoy it as it is intended. If not interested, just pass and move on to the next movie.

Reminds me of sitting down with a group of people to watch the Super Bowl or the Finals and having someone in the room telling everyone "how boring sports is". We get it, you're a pretentious ass, why not go to the other room so we can enjoy the game.


I only said that the movie is also targeting adults, what's wrong with you?


Not specifically directed at your comment but the overall concept of being overly critical of movies that are purely made for entertainment of a certain type. Not for everyone.

I can see now how my anecdotal last paragraph could feel personal. Not intended to be. Just a story to put an exclamation point on my original comments.

Ok, no problem, it was all a misunderstanding.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 33745

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

We might be hearing some good news on LeBron’s recovery soon, he was seen walking without the boot

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2069916

I won’t be surprised if he he comes back on April 15 against the Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 8177

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We might be hearing some good news on LeBron’s recovery soon, he was seen walking without the boot

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2069916

I won’t be surprised if he he comes back on April 15 against the Celtics

Yeah, it makes no sense for him to travel if the ankle is still in bad condition
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2884
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject:

That's what I was thinking about April 15th.. First game with fans and we likely raise the banner on top of them also being a bit of a rival as well

Seems like a perfect opportunity to come back if his ankle is good by then which is a little over another week of rest. Not expecting it but def. hoping for it! If he does that pretty much will erase any concerns about dropping below 6th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 33745

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

Don’t understand the talk of dropping in the standings and playing in the play in tournament, Drummond will help us win some tough games, then you have AD who has looked good during pre-game work outs and now it looks like LeBron is significantly progressing in his recovery, we are gonna be at full strength soon...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 6005

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

This Saturday will be 3 weeks. He should be a week or 2 away after that.
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 15275

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

Stein says LBJ could be back end of month.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 33745

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Stein says LBJ could be back end of month.


I took those comments as speculation, I don’t think he was reporting anything, if he can walk without a boot on he should be back sooner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 15275

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Stein says LBJ could be back end of month.


I took those comments as speculation, I don’t think he was reporting anything, if he can walk without a boot on he should be back sooner.


Probably the conservative end of his timeline.

My guess would be AD sometime during the upcoming homestand and LBJ the following week. They might drag it to end of month if the team is doing well with just AD.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 33745

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Stein says LBJ could be back end of month.


I took those comments as speculation, I don’t think he was reporting anything, if he can walk without a boot on he should be back sooner.


Probably the conservative end of his timeline.

My guess would be AD sometime during the upcoming homestand and LBJ the following week. They might drag it to end of month if the team is doing well with just AD.


Or they can be back against the Celtics on April 15 while AD and LeBron are walking towards the court WWE style
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 28648
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I just read the Stein piece because I didn’t know where people were getting this from since it has not been reported anywhere by anyone. And what he actually says in that piece is “the hope is“ for Anthony Davis and “the reflex assumption“ for LeBron James.

Those are hardly declarative statements of a definitive timeline. I mean I hope so too but.... I don’t see where that’s what’s actually being said.

EDIT- man that article was some biased-a$$ trash . That junk ticked me off.


Last edited by TDRock on Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1546, 1547, 1548, 1549  Next
Page 1547 of 1549
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB