The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Can’t wait till Lebron signs elsewhere so this forum can stop swallowing him. This is laker forum and every thread I go to is bombarded by lebron posts. He’s not coming here, anyone who thinks he is coming is naive. It’s cringe inducing to see all the lebron knob polishing around here. Free agency can’t come soon enough.

I cringe at this level of posting and your immature vocabulary.

Luckily for me, I don’t care about your opinion.

Maybe you could care a little about decorum? Thanks.

No thanks. I’ll do what I please. If you don’t like it then ban me.

Geesh, did you have a bad day? Girlfriend dump you? Lose your job? Come on bro, lighten up.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Omar! You the real MVP!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I wish he had responded to my post before getting axed lol.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
El Seano wrote:
Judah wrote:

https://thebiglead.com/2017/08/29/lebron-lakers-space-jam-2/amp/

That excerpt in the article is word for word for that Big Baller guy posted on here months back before he started freaking out and posting red carpet selfies to try and solidify that he knew what he was talking about.

That's because it most likely came from the same person. That piece in the Big Lead was simply publishing an email that came from a fan. Definitely seemed like the same wanna-be wrote it. There is a bunch of stuff that's off with his fan fiction that anyone who has worked in the business at a high level will instantly spot. He's a guy who doesn't really know how the film business works, but is trying to hype his Lerbon to LA take to look like he's some kind of an insider.

For the record- Even though I have mixed feelings about Lebron coming here, I think there is a very good chance that he signs here summer, but not because of that guy's BS.

There are a lot of reasons why it would make sense for him, and there have been a lot of breadcrumbs along the way that point to Lebron coming here. Those clues have been building for the last year, and all the while, no one from Lebron's camp has ever shot down the idea.

It's going to be a wild summer in the NBA no matter what.

I was shocked to read Big Baller's posts because I had heard virtually the same information from friends who are still in the entertainment industry as I used to work for Warner Bros and Anschutz Entertainment Group. I'm not claiming to be an insider but I did learn of the same info that Big Baller detailed in his posts.

So what parts of Big Baller's information would you consider to be off that anyone who has worked in the business at a high level will instantly spot?

Do you work in the industry at a high level and that's why you were able to instantly spot a bunch of stuff that was off with his fan fiction?

What specifically tipped you off that convinced you it was all BS?

Has the "Space Jam 2 Theory" been debunked yet?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

After a couple weeks to think about it, if you do that again, I will accommodate you. This is not the way to engage people.

I've said this before, but I really like how moderators lay down the law here compared to a lot of other forums where trolls and jerks have pretty much free reign.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

In July this will be locked or become one of the most active threads in LG history.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

After a couple weeks to think about it, if you do that again, I will accommodate you. This is not the way to engage people.

I've said this before, but I really like how moderators lay down the law here compared to a lot of other forums where trolls and jerks have pretty much free reign.

That level of restraint where someone says ban me and he doesn’t smash that ban button with the quickness really impresses me as I’ve been a moderator in other places.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
In July this will be locked or become one of the most active threads in LG history.

You are talking about LG, but if big things go down ... Radio/TV/Twitter is gonna explode... but I will be on LG for the latest updates.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

You are talking about LG, but if big things go down ... Radio/TV/Twitter is gonna explode... but I will be on LG for the latest updates.

And somewhere LG's servers will melt into slag.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I can very easily see him avoiding western conference teams. At the very least he can keep racking up NBA finals appearances boost his legacy.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

This guy either stays in Cleveland or goes to Houston/Philly. I can't see him leaving AUTOMATIC paths to the Finals just to team up with Paul George and a bunch of kids for a CHANCE to go to the finals.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Can’t wait till Lebron signs elsewhere so this forum can stop swallowing him. This is laker forum and every thread I go to is bombarded by lebron posts. He’s not coming here, anyone who thinks he is coming is naive. It’s cringe inducing to see all the lebron knob polishing around here. Free agency can’t come soon enough.

I cringe at this level of posting and your immature vocabulary.

Luckily for me, I don’t care about your opinion.

Maybe you could care a little about decorum? Thanks.

No thanks. I’ll do what I please. If you don’t like it then ban me.

Perma-ban. We do not need toxic people like that here.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

8 straight finals.
What the heck were the rest of conference doing?
Actually, the 3 he went to as a Heat were legit. Those teams were simply better than the rest.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
8 straight finals.
Actually, the 3 he went to as a Heat were legit. Those teams were simply better than the rest.

I think the east is simply scared of Lebron. There were some legit teams in the east that simply faltered to Lebron, like the Raptors and Hawks. I think those teams would of done fine against western conference teams (but still lose obviously) but something about Lebron just gets them. They got swept and thoroughly humiliated by Lebron. Jeez, at least win a game

Last edited by chantruong on Sun May 27, 2018 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
epak wrote:
8 straight finals.

I think the east is simply scared of Lebron. There were some legit teams in the east that simply faltered to Lebron, like the Raptors and Hawks. I think those teams would of done fine against western conference teams (but still lose obviously) but something about Lebron just gets them.

Oh man. I just realized.
Horford was on the Atlanta team.
Derozen (raptors) and Horford are LeBron's B's
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

So. Do we still not want Lebron? He can randomly pick some dudes off the streets and carry them to the Finals in the East.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject:

https://thebiglead.com/2018/05/28/lebron-james-dan-gilbert-cavs-handshake/
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
Judah wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/tmz_sports/status/1000363426844237824?s=21

Seems like a lot of trouble to do that much work on a 2nd house in a city that you aren't going to live in.

One more breadcrumb added to the trail.

Not really, tons of dudes in every sport live in Los Angeles. Most have multiple homes in different cities. It’s not a thing for the richest dude in basketball to fly to LA any time he wants. I would say LA is the city most athletes live in the offseason.

It’s his second house in LA. He’s already got one here, and if you read about the details about the work that getting done, you’ll see what I mean.

Isn’t it an interesting coincidence that the people who don’t want LeBron and/or Paul George to come always seem to be super convinced that they...aren’t coming?

But yeah, makes no sense to buy a mansion that costs 27 milli if you don’t intend for it to be home base.

Especially for someone who's cheap. You buy a second home in LA in December. Have it renovate in May, go into FA in July, and pick another team, and have to buy a home there too?

This dude doesn't pay $3.99 for Pandora,without commercials, and doesn't pay for roaming charges while on a cruise, but he's going to buy a second home in 7 months?

How much will Pandora or roaming charges get you on the resale market? I have a friend who owns 8 homes in LA and lives in Las Vegas. I’m not saying that is what Lebron is doing but homes in LA are typically good investments.

It's clear that your friend is buying homes in LA as an investment, but if LeBron wants to be "king of real estate" he's going to have to own more than 3 homes, two in LA, and the one in Akron.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
So. Do we still not want Lebron? He can randomly pick some dudes off the streets and carry them to the Finals in the East.

You definately want Lebron but I find the timing at wich we have a slight chance of signing him is scary. I have a feeling Lebron is going to look older next season. Like signficantly. What we've been seeing from him is very special but that's also a lot on his body at his age.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject:

More than ever, all Cleveland needs to do to convince him to stay is make a good draft day trade with that 8th pick. There's nothing special in this coming Draft, so dealing the pick for a good player (say, Kemba Walker) would be their best option even if LeBron does leave, so they must do it.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I can very easily see him avoiding western conference teams. At the very least he can keep racking up NBA finals appearances boost his legacy.

where24happens wrote:
This guy either stays in Cleveland or goes to Houston/Philly. I can't see him leaving AUTOMATIC paths to the Finals just to team up with Paul George and a bunch of kids for a CHANCE to go to the finals.

Same here. The only exception to him staying in the East imo is Houston, who already has two bonafide stars and is already giving the Warriors a helluva fight.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
Judah wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/tmz_sports/status/1000363426844237824?s=21

Seems like a lot of trouble to do that much work on a 2nd house in a city that you aren't going to live in.

One more breadcrumb added to the trail.

Not really, tons of dudes in every sport live in Los Angeles. Most have multiple homes in different cities. It’s not a thing for the richest dude in basketball to fly to LA any time he wants. I would say LA is the city most athletes live in the offseason.

It’s his second house in LA. He’s already got one here, and if you read about the details about the work that getting done, you’ll see what I mean.

Isn’t it an interesting coincidence that the people who don’t want LeBron and/or Paul George to come always seem to be super convinced that they...aren’t coming?

But yeah, makes no sense to buy a mansion that costs 27 milli if you don’t intend for it to be home base.

Especially for someone who's cheap. You buy a second home in LA in December. Have it renovate in May, go into FA in July, and pick another team, and have to buy a home there too?

This dude doesn't pay $3.99 for Pandora,without commercials, and doesn't pay for roaming charges while on a cruise, but he's going to buy a second home in 7 months?

How much will Pandora or roaming charges get you on the resale market? I have a friend who owns 8 homes in LA and lives in Las Vegas. I’m not saying that is what Lebron is doing but homes in LA are typically good investments.

It's clear that your friend is buying homes in LA as an investment, but if LeBron wants to be "king of real estate" he's going to have to own more than 3 homes, two in LA, and the one in Akron.

Tons of players own houses in LA.

People used the same reasoning when we had a giant KG thread.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

jwbrown77 wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:

You mad bro?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 200 of 2079
Jump to: